Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2023
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #176
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID:pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sapphire Shores from Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: Sulani Family Mansion
    Build cost 252,912
    Lot Cost 7000
    TOTAL COST:259,912
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/FXbUMNN

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

Entry details: Large three story home that can sleep 14--includes playroom, nursery, study, family and living room, dining, kitchen, party place, fun slide and children's movie place, bunkroom, teen room, and gorgeous main bedroom with many balcony areas, plus a pool and dock!

Pictures:

7b1QjHo.png

39ATdth.png
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    @BuildnShare When I try to upload to the gallery, I get a warning that the file size of the item is too large to be uploaded. I'm assuming I should just delete NoCC paintings until I get below the limit? Let me know if something else would be better.
  • Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #176 - For the Family

FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise (the Delgato lot)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6BFC61C460B64DFEB6172B6EEAEEF09C
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 256,000
    TOTAL COST: 260,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YCi1fcE6L3pEP4Rs9

ENTRY DETAILS: The Lodge is a massive house with nine bedrooms that can sleep up to 28 sims, making it the perfect location for not only Mr. Luigi Popa's close family, but extended family and friends as well. Since it can be challenging to find renters for such a large property, part of the house is set up so that it can be closed off and rented out as a smaller space for a family of up to five. This allows for part of the house to be rented out even when Mr. Popa and some of his family are staying on the property. When more people are visiting, however, Mr. Popa can simply unlock and open the connecting doors. The space can be comfortably used year-round and would be an ideal location to celebrate Winterfest if the family wants to.

The outside of the house is done in more of a cabin style, while the interior is a mix of cabin and coastal, matching the house's location in between the ocean and the forest. Since there was already a very large (and fancy) driveway leading to the property, this was left untouched and no additional parking was added.

Builder's notes: I envisioned Luigi Popa and his wife as an older couple with no kids of their own, but a very large extended family. Between all their siblings and cousins and niblings, they definitely need a lot of space and the number of people staying in the house is never constant. I knew I wanted to build on the ocean and, being a New England girl myself, Brindleton Bay was the obvious choice for me. I initially started on the 64x64 Hound’s Head lot for the ocean view and private beach, but when that proved to be larger than I needed, I swapped to Chateau Frise for a similar lot with a smaller footprint. I love that all the empty land around the house makes the property feels much bigger than just the buildable lot.

All NoCC art was removed for the gallery upload (I couldn't get it upload at all until I did that).

AIL4fc9gIRYWIM_Zh_ERAMbSF2HHN8zUhTh57b8kEGiYLqJflj8TBeB7Z-mz3xbDDOttb_7jlztPWrEEZregLyXcfkI1AjURGfj5bvDSMbjkpYz2T64weZrLDOiUHQv6fotuU1aILLZP-CbixlmS3ubkvP49=w744-h429-s-no?authuser=4
    AIL4fc_Cmx1TC7DBOerCiGtv7oDt0Xu0K3u-fVNa6QNZ_nVcC4QJLLo_K-v1BCWmBQ74z9mxUKDCb8GZlJ3gf8vPbRwd28gHrh02f8u5hnRcpWw18mFa0azQIG_SIbsGfVoiVMVSUYW7IeT7CPeDJAebmk7u=w744-h429-s-no?authuser=4

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I used a ton of NoCC paintings and photos. I've done my best to credit each piece of artwork within my slideshow. Here is the full list: SimSationalToo, MOONL1GHTSEEKER, juwels64, Sparklili, AlJay2000, AliasLTS, Mag6002, EnjoyTheNoise, hootofthesims, Takissis, ewent3, juwels64, taoron24121, Milgemilge
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited September 2023
    @BuildnShare got all the pictures here by 1159 on time --- picture problems
    (imgur was messed up for awhile so I tried to find another picture place but used imgur after it calmed down) need 30 more minutes or so to get 2nd floor 15 pics

EDIT: My pictures are all in. Thanks so much!
    CHALLENGE #176 --- For the Family
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sand Sun and Sea
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5C681CA9A12D41E19FE63A195C30FFAA?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Build cost: §253,779
    Lot Cost: §6,000 for Celebrazioni d'Amore in Tartosa
    TOTAL COST: §259,779
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    house, yard and 1st Floor Slideshow Link
    https://imgur.com/a/x2OkGJ5
    2nd Floor Slideshow Link
    https://imgur.com/a/Px2Orzr
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is Luigi Popa's family's vacation home on the #ocean in Tartosa. He and his wife have 8 children, and this house sleeps 17 and 24 Sims may dine in the dining room or on the patio. However, their real estate agent took most of the month locating something to suit them. After Celebrazioni d'Amore in Tartosa was bulldozed due to the venue having financial problems, Luigi's agent was sold the land and built this house in 2 days!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cyY1COY.png
    street view
    fBm1Rwd.png
    roof deck
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Soo if I('m crazy) and have to change the room and/or move to a different lot, will it invalidate my earlier room submission?
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    @healthxsims --- No, it will not because rooms may be placed on any lot, and they don't cost anything but the price of the room. The gallery link and slideshow would remain the same. I hope this helps :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thanks for the quick answer!
  • Options
    You're very welcome @healthxsims :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY
    FORUM ID: solvorsh
    ORIGIN ID:
    sunnysimming
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Totter park in Copperdale
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E8EB0AAE7AD247A596F90B7130AB89C2
    LOT COST: 0 after I bulldozed it, but after some googling it is 10,879
    GALLERY COST: 236,007
    TOTAL COST: 236,007 (246,886 if you count the lot not bulldozed)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/WD1NZVD
    ENTRY DETAILS: Totter Log Cabin is a big log cabin by the water in Copperdale. Enjoy a walk in the hills, play in the tree house or get a tan by the pool. The house contains 5 bedrooms and 4,5 bathrooms, plenty of space for Luigi Popa and his family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Xy3g60L.png
    LouPczb.png
  • Options
    ASDJKLFG Imgur doesn't like me NOW
  • Options
    I'm late thanks to technical trouble and run out of time :( , but will share anyway :) No need to judge. Just sharing for the heck of it.

FORUM ID: healthxsims
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL:
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] (Lot you built on) Hound's Head
    NEW LOT LINK: h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D039248DBE99411AA7477F65FEBC963C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Healthsims&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12 000 (if I remember right)
    GALLERY COST: 251 209
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost plus gallery cost) And somehow over budget??? Idk how. 263 209 (maybe live mode/other such additions?) Ugh
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/NKgEVCw
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Tell us about your lot.) I run out of time and couldn't finish like I wanted and also I'm very tired now, so might comment more on my gallery page or something tomorrow. Good reminder to actually reserve more time for building (and technical trouble), even though I got close. Will probably finish on my own time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No thanks this time
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:-
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    Front general view:
    h ttps://imgur.com/EuETWKg

Back general view
    h ttps://imgur.com/MNQynts
  • Options
    If I'm not allowed to share like this, sorry. Feel free to delete it if so :)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    You're new, that's why your links don't work. I've quoted your message to get them to show.
    I'm late thanks to technical trouble and run out of time :( , but will share anyway :) No need to judge. Just sharing for the heck of it.

FORUM ID: healthxsims
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL:
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] (Lot you built on) Hound's Head
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D039248DBE99411AA7477F65FEBC963C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Healthsims&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12 000 (if I remember right)
    GALLERY COST: 251 209
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost plus gallery cost) And somehow over budget??? Idk how. 263 209 (maybe live mode/other such additions?) Ugh
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NKgEVCw
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Tell us about your lot.) I run out of time and couldn't finish like I wanted and also I'm very tired now, so might comment more on my gallery page or something tomorrow. Good reminder to actually reserve more time for building (and technical trouble), even though I got close. Will probably finish on my own time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No thanks this time
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:-
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    Front general view:
    https://imgur.com/EuETWKg

Back general view
    https://imgur.com/MNQynts

image.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BNS #176 For the Family is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    F3jMLtS.png

The man who enters your office is dressed casually in a t-shirt, jeans and work boots, but still manages to project an air of confidence and authority. He holds out his hand for a shake. “Hello. I’m Abel Walker from the Homes for Everyone Foundation. I was referred here by the folks at the Hawthorne Project.”
    “Oh yes, I’ve been expecting you,” You reply. “How can I help?”
    “Let me start by explaining - my company helps disabled people build new homes suited to their needs or adapt existing ones. We’ve helped veterans, accident victims, families with children who have mobility issues, adults who grew up with chronic conditions - you name it.”
    “That sounds very admirable.”
    Mr Walker nods. “I have three clients who need help right now. We could use another architect to help us keep up with the demand, and I was hoping you’d be that person.”
    “Of course. Tell me about your clients. We’ll have them in their new places by the end of the month.”
    “Just in time for Disability Awareness Month,” Mr. Walker notes. “Here’s all the information… “

Client 1: Johannes Peura, age 70, retired: Mr. Peura walks with a cane and has difficulty navigating stairs. He would prefer his home to be all on one level. He also has arthritis and would prefer to avoid knobs whenever possible. Sinks, doors and cabinets should have levels or handles he can easily pull or push. He is also going blind and needs his home to be brightly lit without being too bright. Big windows are ideal to help keep electricity bills low. Rounded edges where possible will help prevent injury.

Client 2: Jared and Maya Hong: Maya has been confined to a wheelchair her entire life and cannot walk. She would prefer an open floor plan with wide hallways and doorways to make it easier to maneuver. Rugs should be kept to a minimum and taped or tacked down so they won’t catch on the wheels of her chair. A shower she can easily get into and out of is a must. Light switches should be low enough to be easily reached from a seated position. Her front steps need to be replaced with a ramp. Jared and Maya have 4 children, and Maya would like to be able to move easily around their rooms.

Client 3: The Kaur family: 9 year old Delshad Kaur was injured in a skiing accident Delshad can stand for brief periods but cannot walk. Parents Gobind and Mahinder want to move their child’s bedroom to the first floor and add an attached bath so Delshad won’t have so fr to go to get to the bathroom. They need lots of storage space throughout the house so nothing is left out that can be stepped on or tripped over. Delshad also needs a desk and computer in the bedroom for studying. Provide plenty of activities Delshad can do while seated.

The Brief: Pick one of the three families to build for. Make sure to meet all of the client’s unique needs. You can makeover an existing house or build new, just let us know which option you chose.
    Budget: $130,000
    All houses need a kitchen, dining room, living room, at least two bathrooms, and enough bedrooms for all family members.
    Remember to landscape.
    You can use terrain tools and paint to create ramps as needed.
    If you’re building a two-story home for the Kaurs or Hongs, you’re welcome to either use cc elevators or designate a 2x2 room with a door as an elevator on each floor.

The Sim Challenge: Create your client(s) You can pick their traits, likes, dislikes, aspirations, and any custom gender settings. Delshad can be either a boy or a girl.You can create more relatives for Mr. Phillips or the Kaurs. You may want to use cc for wheelchairs, knee braces, etc. Here is one good source, there may be others if you search: Custom Content for Sims with disabilities – Katverse
    Show their outfits.
    Show them enjoying their new homes.

The room challenge: Create the living room for your chosen client; Budget; $15,000

Remember to include the hashtag #bns177 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Saturday, 30th September, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    My entry for the BNS176 is unfortunately very late - there were some unexpected things occurring plus there were some technical issues with imgur in my case too (as others had experienced issues with imgur), but if it would be possible that my entry would still be considered for the challenge, that would be awesome, but if it's not, I totally understand - in that case my entry is just for fun (and I did have a lot of fun doing this build :blush:

FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Starting out - Or Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 2-5-1 Wakabamori
    NEW LOT LINK: New lot name: Mt. Komorebi Luxury Cabin
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8C06677CD4E64E149050A726302F14B8?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 14 500
    GALLERY COST: 223 823
    TOTAL COST: 238 323
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Nha8kX6
    ENTRY DETAILS: This spacious, cabin themed vacation home is located in a beautiful lot in Mt. Komorebi, surrounded by trees and mountains and there is also that awesome water view which was wished for by Mr. Popa and his family. The vacation home has everything that the family requested, and there are also plenty of fun activities for all ages. There are six bedrooms. Five of the bedrooms are located on the second floor. One bedroom is a nursery for a baby/infant, another bedroom is a room for toddlers with two toddler beds. There is also the requested bunk bed room which has four bunk beds. There are two bedrooms with a double bed in each room. The master bedroom is on the third floor: there is a double bed. Additionally there is a pull out couch on the third floor office/study area. Here sleeps up to 19 sims (1 baby/infant, 2 toddlers). There are six full baths and two half baths - the bedrooms with double beds have their own bathrooms attached to them. There are many terraces and balconies, where the family can relax and enjoy the wonderful views - and the views definitely are the wow factor in this case: what a great location for a vacation home, where you can truly relax and "charge your batteries" mentally and physically.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    VHmByNh.png
    X4JX49s.png
    Facebook: -
    Twitter: -
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #176 For the Family

Your results are now available here.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    So CC is allowed as long as it's not really high quality but costs like 1 simoleon/otherwise unfair cost-quality balance, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    So CC is allowed as long as it's not really high quality but costs like 1 simoleon/otherwise unfair cost-quality balance, right?

That's right. No 1000 simoleon value beds for 1 simoleon.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    CHALLENGE #177 - A Home for Everyone

FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Glimmerbrook Watch
    NEW LOT LINK: A Scandinavian Retirement
    LOT COST: $2500.00
    GALLERY COST: $78,572.00
    TOTAL COST:$81,072.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #177 - A home For Everyone
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have chosen to build a home for Mr. Peura. The home is a Scandinavian style design, using neutral colors. I have mindfully kept this home well underbudget as I wanted to allow enough money for Mr. Peura to hire a live in caregiver to help with his daily needs. The second level of the home is especially for the caregiver and he should have no need to use the stairs. The home has contrasting colors around the doors and furniture to allow for easier navigation as well as rounded or soft corners on the cabinets and furniture. Their are levers on the doors and cabinets as well as open shelving to make it easier to access items. I have added a special toilet that he can talk to and a walk in shower with seating, as I figured that would be easier to use than a tub. Mr. Peura loves to garden, so I gave him a yard full of plants to enjoy as well as a hot spring to help heal his joints and a few activities around the yard for the grandkids to enjoy when they visit. The home has many windows to add extra light as well as a skylight in the kitchen and dining room. It uses solar power and also has a water collection system. This cuts down his taxes by around $1000 every billing period and helps the environment as well.
    *Note-The gallery has the wrong hashtag so I might upload the lot again later
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMSure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC Artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FjNFtDB.png
    G9G5tQ4.png
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

CHALLENGE #177 – A Home for Everyone

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vista Quarry

NEW LOT LINK: Vista Quarry Rebuild (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/16AD076DEB4D4739A58E52EB1AD3583B)

LOT COST: § 3,500

GALLERY COST: § 113,318

TOTAL COST: § 116,818

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/729261086361223168/vista-quarry-rebuild

ENTRY DETAILS:

I built this in a mid-century modern style to fit Mr Peura’s preference for a one-storey house and big windows. Since Mr Peura is going blind, I used bright colours to help make it easier for him to navigate around his house. I also added a hand railing near the bathtubs to help Mr Peura get in and out of them more easily.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

TWITTER TAG:

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

c5af4885867504f1110861317850ee47abb65c15.jpg

2490f0ef7933f0c573797327829478a4a5cc0566.jpg
  • Options
    AlJay wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #177 - A Home for Everyone

FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Glimmerbrook Watch
    NEW LOT LINK: A Scandinavian Retirement
    LOT COST: $2500.00
    GALLERY COST: $78,572.00
    TOTAL COST:$81,072.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #177 - A home For Everyone
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have chosen to build a home for Mr. Peura. The home is a Scandinavian style design, using neutral colors. I have mindfully kept this home well underbudget as I wanted to allow enough money for Mr. Peura to hire a live in caregiver to help with his daily needs. The second level of the home is especially for the caregiver and he should have no need to use the stairs. The home has contrasting colors around the doors and furniture to allow for easier navigation as well as rounded or soft corners on the cabinets and furniture. Their are levers on the doors and cabinets as well as open shelving to make it easier to access items. I have added a special toilet that he can talk to and a walk in shower with seating, as I figured that would be easier to use than a tub. Mr. Peura loves to garden, so I gave him a yard full of plants to enjoy as well as a hot spring to help heal his joints and a few activities around the yard for the grandkids to enjoy when they visit. The home has many windows to add extra light as well as a skylight in the kitchen and dining room. It uses solar power and also has a water collection system. This cuts down his taxes by around $1000 every billing period and helps the environment as well.
    *Note-The gallery has the wrong hashtag so I might upload the lot again later
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMSure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC Artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FjNFtDB.png
    G9G5tQ4.png

You can edit the hashtag by going to your library, unselecting the Gallery button and editing the description before putting it back on the gallery. I've done it before. Not for hashtags, but for descriptions.
    image.png
  • Options
    I can't get my submissions to show up on the gallery web page as there's cc in them (both the disability related ones and buildbuy cc), even though I can see them on my profile through the in-game gallery. Am I missing some filter option or is it not possible to have them show up there with cc?
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @SimTresa :)
  • Options
    AlJay wrote: »
    Thank you @SimTresa :)

You're welcome. :)
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list