Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have your Sims 1,2,3 Game discs?

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I still have Sims 3 base game (DLC's are all digital though) and Sims Medieval on discs. I sold my Sims 1 and Sims 2 disc collections (with all DLC's) for $5 at our garage sale we had last year before moving to our new home, one less thing to have to pack into boxes.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I still have the disks for sims 1, 2 and 3 and medieval in a storage box. For sims 1 I still have all disks (but no longer a disk drive) and for sims 2 I only miss one stuff pack. For sims 3 I only have some DLC on disks and some DLC only digital. I keep the disks for sentimental reasons.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Of course! And all the books as well.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    When I had sorted out my old laptops recently, I found a Sims 1 and 2 dlc disc. I keep them now as memorials. One laptop still worked partly before he crashed again, so I played Sims 2 for a little bit, mainly just looking at the bb catalogs, which had things in it I really miss in Sims 4. It was bittersweet until I got the long loading screens. After a few ones, I decided to keep it just as it was, as lovely memory.
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    My Sims 1 discs are long gone, I have no idea where to. I have all my Sims 2 discs but to be honest I'm considering getting rid of them. I realized that I haven't actually played Sims 2 since like 2016, and also the cd/dvd disc drive on my computer doesn't work anymore so I CAN'T play with the discs. My computer's massive amount of storage space is running low so I just uninstalled all the sims 2 stuff to free up like 20 GB.

I really wish I'd know my disc drive was broken BEFORE I bought Sims Medieval. :neutral:
    Simmingal wrote: »
    but the thing is as little gal I lended my packs to my friends and the "friends" in question didn't feel like returning them so :sweat_smile:

It's not sims related, but I lent an Inuyasha movie dvd to a "friend" in middle school once and never got it back. She started actively avoiding me after like a week. It's been a loooong time and I still haven't been able to replace that movie, it was expensive then and it's worse now, and the only way I can see to get it is by buying a 4-pack of all the movies which is a lot especially since I already have 3 of the 4! So upsetting. I even have the lenticular image thingy that came with the DVD, but not the dvd itself! I hope the people who borrow stuff like that and then never get it back find themselves in a pool without ladders.

Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I gave all my sims 2 discs to my sons friend when we moved on to 3, then later re-bought them when I wanted to play it again lol.

My sims discs are all in my loft. I have the complete collection of the original sims, 2, 3 and Castaway.

I now have digital versions of 2, 3 and Medieval so don't need the discs anyway.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited August 2023
    I do :) I made a sim green colour bookcase for them all to display in my dining room ;)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931195/my-sims-collection-finally-displayed-in-green
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I do. We still have our old XP computer, which we keep running just so we can play these older games on. I remember when the move to start buying digital download games instead of CD games came about. Most were laughing at my mom when she pointed out that 'these are hers to keep,' and she can't be 100% guaranteed that any others will stay online forever. Now, with some of the trouble EA has had with its launcher and *rumor has it players losing content they paid for... I wonder why we didn't listen.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Mostly. I have all of my old CDs/DVDs in a box in the closet, a wild mix of albums and cases with the wrong discs.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I have all of my Sims1 discs (even though no computer will play them), the Sims 1 complete edition (can't remember the real name), all Sims 2 discs, plus Sims 2 Complete on EA app, all Sims 3 discs, Sims 3 on EA app (on my laptop), Most of Sims 4 on EA app, Sims Midieval, and maybe some other sims stuff I can't remember! Also have all Prima Guides.
    I just can't part with my sims games and I work hard toward getting all EPs, Gamepacks, Stuff packs, Kits, etc. I even recently bought a stuff pack for Sims 2 that I had been missing!
    Can't wait til Christmas when I can get Horse EP and a few others for Sims 4. I am a real Sims Fan.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    I have them all including the guides.
  • Options
    ClararClarar Posts: 3 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > I have TS1 complete collection and the CDs for TS2. I gave away the CDs for TS3 thinking I was going to have them on Origin but when I redownload it recently, there was no Katy Perry Sweet Treats available anymore. I only play TS4 these days though.

Hi friend
    t's a bummer that TS3's Katy Perry Sweet Treats isn't available on Origin. At least you're enjoying TS4 now!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2023
    Let me check ... well, everything is still here.
    • TS2 Basegame + 8 EP + 9 SP
    • TS3 Basegame + 11 EP
    • TS4 Basegame (2 DVD)
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    No, I'm all digital. I use LazyDuchess's launchers for Sims 2 and 3
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm wondering what to do with all my packs too. I've got them from The Sims onwards until I started getting the downloads for Sims 4 after the first two packs. All the Prima guides too.
    I've got some old laptops that could play them provided I keep offline and could find the power connection cords.

Has anyone else got a jumble of leads and connections as I have? I've even got an old original X box but it won't connect to my TV nowadays! Every connection is different from the last.

I've got to downsize so there won't be any room for them when I move. Either recycle or museum of discarded games!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2023
    My Sims 1 discs are long gone, I have no idea where to. I have all my Sims 2 discs but to be honest I'm considering getting rid of them. I realized that I haven't actually played Sims 2 since like 2016, and also the cd/dvd disc drive on my computer doesn't work anymore so I CAN'T play with the discs. My computer's massive amount of storage space is running low so I just uninstalled all the sims 2 stuff to free up like 20 GB.

I really wish I'd know my disc drive was broken BEFORE I bought Sims Medieval. :neutral:
    Simmingal wrote: »
    but the thing is as little gal I lended my packs to my friends and the "friends" in question didn't feel like returning them so :sweat_smile:

It's not sims related, but I lent an Inuyasha movie dvd to a "friend" in middle school once and never got it back. She started actively avoiding me after like a week. It's been a loooong time and I still haven't been able to replace that movie, it was expensive then and it's worse now, and the only way I can see to get it is by buying a 4-pack of all the movies which is a lot especially since I already have 3 of the 4! So upsetting. I even have the lenticular image thingy that came with the DVD, but not the dvd itself! I hope the people who borrow stuff like that and then never get it back find themselves in a pool without ladders.

I do miss the internal laptop DVD drives.

External CD/DVD drives are quite cheap but you have to get one provided with the new Windows 10/11 drivers. I use mine more and more as I find the sound is better when watching films than doing so via TV. I've started to lose my hearing a bit and it's closer to me.
    I had to buy the Windows DVD player as an extra though but I'd already bought that for a past laptop and just needed to download it again from store..
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    No, I don't have mine anymore. I can't even remember if I sold them, gave them to a charity shop or what. Times are a'changin. :/
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yeah I still have all of them that I purchased for Sims 1 2 and 3.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    iReyReyiReyRey Posts: 20 Member
    My sims 2 pets and sims 2 castaway are still somewhere in my attic however. Sims 2... I played it on my PSP and since I already sold my PSP years ago. I dont have it anymore
    whatsuppp
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I still have my sims disks and their respective cases. There's something different with having a physical copy of the game rather than digital.

The only downside is that newer computers no longer have internal disk drives since everything is digital so good luck transferring your old games over.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I didn't get started with the Sims until Sims2. Yes, I have all of the disks for Sims2 and the ones I purchased for Sims 3. I believe they started us out in Sims4 with a disk, too. I'd have to check.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I don't know what happened to my Sims 1, Bustin' Out, Sims 2 Castaway, or Sims 2 Console disks. Lost during one of our military moves probably; the movers "lost" a box or two every time. I have The Urbz and all the Sims 2 &3 PC disks I bought before I switched to only digital downloads. And for Christmas my son bought me the Sims Castaway Stories, so I have that. We haven't had a laptop with a disk drive in years, so I had to dig up an external one to install it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Never had TS2 on disk. I only have the Ultimate Collection version from a few years ago. TS3 is a mix of disk and DLC content, but runs through the EA app currently. TS4 is all DLC.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have all of the Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims Medieval disks. I started playing Sims when my daughter introduced me to Sims 2, but never tried Sims 1. I will keep saving my disks as now I can use the EA app to download Sims 3 and Sims Medieval. I have Sims 2 installed on my older computer but hope that Sims 2 will also be changed to a downloadable game with all the expansions included.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I have discs for TS3 and TS2 pets for DS game chip :D