Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2023
    Deleted
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    It appears that the app is thoroughly broken, at least today. New laptop arrived today. Once the ordeal of setting up was done came over here to the homepage to try the download for free thing. Got as far as app installation and the appearance of the home page. Tried clicking on the various icons to check or do things and got nothing but that annoying error ring. Managed to get the thing shut down and tried again using the desktop icon. Only result has been the can't connect to the servers message. Really? The website's running just fine, thanks. EA has an odd way of inducing new players (new machine in this case - well able to run the game and then some) to download and play.

How frustrating, annoying and disappointing. New laptop and all.
    Just our of curiosity; see when you get the can't connect to servers error. Is that when you go to play off line? I get that message every time, but just hit the blue arrow button and the game starts. I'm sure you must have tried that, but just checking. We can all miss things.

Thank you for asking. Got the error right at the beginning, the app itself wouldn't even install/load. Gave up in disgust, turned the whole business off, and went to bed. Tried again a couple of nights later and all went well though installing base game required a kick near the end. Must have taken most of the night to download all the packs. Even though all went well in the end, the issue shouldn't have happened in the first place. Renee is coming, so having a launcher as stable as a sinking ship is a recipe for disaster. On top of the current problems. No telling how many gamers have abandoned EA because of the app.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2023
    It appears that the app is thoroughly broken, at least today. New laptop arrived today. Once the ordeal of setting up was done came over here to the homepage to try the download for free thing. Got as far as app installation and the appearance of the home page. Tried clicking on the various icons to check or do things and got nothing but that annoying error ring. Managed to get the thing shut down and tried again using the desktop icon. Only result has been the can't connect to the servers message. Really? The website's running just fine, thanks. EA has an odd way of inducing new players (new machine in this case - well able to run the game and then some) to download and play.

How frustrating, annoying and disappointing. New laptop and all.
    Just our of curiosity; see when you get the can't connect to servers error. Is that when you go to play off line? I get that message every time, but just hit the blue arrow button and the game starts. I'm sure you must have tried that, but just checking. We can all miss things.

Thank you for asking. Got the error right at the beginning, the app itself wouldn't even install/load. Gave up in disgust, turned the whole business off, and went to bed. Tried again a couple of nights later and all went well though installing base game required a kick near the end. Must have taken most of the night to download all the packs. Even though all went well in the end, the issue shouldn't have happened in the first place. Renee is coming, so having a launcher as stable as a sinking ship is a recipe for disaster. On top of the current problems. No telling how many gamers have abandoned EA because of the app.

I played it a few days ago and it was ok but today, starting at the EA list of all my games screen, it needed another update and I had to accept the conditions over again. The update took several minutes and verified after. It gets a bit tiresome but looks as if they are making a lot of changes overall.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I’m a vanilla PC player & my EA App today is acting weird. I’ve always cleared up the Sims 4 Cashe, Thumbnail & even the EA App Cashe. I did the update & full repair. After the App says update completed, it says update required. Now I’m getting download error. I even FaceTime my Daughter, showed her my screen & asked her if she’s been getting this on her EA App & she said yes. So it’s not my PC even though it’s getting old, because my Daughter’s PC is only 3 years old.
    So my question is what’s up with the EA App?
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I’m a vanilla PC player & my EA App today is acting weird. I’ve always cleared up the Sims 4 Cashe, Thumbnail & even the EA App Cashe. I did the update & full repair. After the App says update completed, it says update required. Now I’m getting download error. I even FaceTime my Daughter, showed her my screen & asked her if she’s been getting this on her EA App & she said yes. So it’s not my PC even though it’s getting old, because my Daughter’s PC is only 3 years old.

This works for me whenever I have a problem with the app. Go into task manager and look for EA Background Service. Right-click it and End task. Start the app again and it should work. It even works when the app doesn't seem to be loading games.

EA's own software is interfering with ther app, go figure :D
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    I had the "couldn't connect to servers" message yesterday. Just shut down and resarted and all was fine again.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don’t know how to go into task manager, however, what I did last night was I 1st double checked my backup save in my USB One Touch to check that I had my most recent save & my Sims 4 DLCs along with EA, then I deleted all my Sims 4 & EA files from my C & V Drive & cleared my recycle bin.🧐 I then did a copy paste from my USB One Touch to my V Drive & C Drive. After that I went into EA & reinstalled my Sims 4. It actually worked.😗 Furthermore, I checked my Storage & found out I now have 15.1 MG memory left instead of only 8 MG memory on my old PC computer.😀 So, I made sure to restart my PC computer & I cleared EA Cache again & was finally able to go into my game.😂 I’m so amazed that it actually worked.🤩😉
  • Options
    Arzekial wrote: »

This works for me whenever I have a problem with the app. Go into task manager and look for EA Background Service. Right-click it and End task. Start the app again and it should work. It even works when the app doesn't seem to be loading games.

EA's own software is interfering with ther app, go figure :D

Thanks for that tip. It just worked for me.
    I just got the missing games on the left side, and can't connect to server again. So I tried you tip and it worked. I usually have to do a restart of my laptop to get everything back to normal.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I don’t know how to go into task manager, however, what I did last night was I 1st double checked my backup save in my USB One Touch to check that I had my most recent save & my Sims 4 DLCs along with EA, then I deleted all my Sims 4 & EA files from my C & V Drive & cleared my recycle bin.🧐 I then did a copy paste from my USB One Touch to my V Drive & C Drive. After that I went into EA & reinstalled my Sims 4. It actually worked.😗 Furthermore, I checked my Storage & found out I now have 15.1 MG memory left instead of only 8 MG memory on my old PC computer.😀 So, I made sure to restart my PC computer & I cleared EA Cache again & was finally able to go into my game.😂 I’m so amazed that it actually worked.🤩😉

You can right-click the task bar then select task manager. I'm glad that worked though. Happy gaming :)
  • Options
    So good to see this thread less active.
    I hope that means everyone's having less problems.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I’ve just stopped posting. 😭

Still locked out no matter what I do. I am not buying anything until the EA app is fixed.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    This might not seem very sims related but I think it fits with the thread.

I just had a very confusing and somewhat frustrating time logging into the app today.

The last time I used it I only logged on to change my email to my active one. Got the verification code sent and when I input the code I got zero response from the app. It just stayed on the page as if I hadn't clicked the button to continue. When I click again, it tells me the code is incorrect despite it being taken exactly from the email. So I left it alone.

Imagine my surprise today when I tried to log in with the usual credentials only to be told it's incorrect. I remember trying to change my email the other time and when I entered that one, it worked.

How I was supposed to know the email change worked when all I got from the app was no response or this is wrong?

EA app still needs fixing. :expressionless:
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Yes it still needs fixing and they still need to fix CAW so we can use the edit in game, which the ea app broke.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I'm still using Origin :p

I will update it when EA App will be fixed and stable.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm having issues with EA App not allowing us to start TS4 in offline mode again. I found this thread on EA Answers HQ that's reporting this bug. I'd really love to be able to start my TS4 game in offline mode without having to update it, and also being able to not have EA App update right away either, so that I can wait for mods to update before I resume with game updates!

If anyone else feels the same I'd suggest supporting this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Impossible-to-launch-Sims-4-without-Internet-connection/m-p/12502364#M73167

Thank you to all employees passing on feedback!
  • Options

I'm still using Origin :p

I will update it when EA App will be fixed and stable.

Wow, so you've still not been forced on to EA yet!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @February11

It tried many times but "My game, my rules" :p

@LeGardePourpre

:D

Nice one! Great work - how have you managed it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @February11

Just I applied this lesson that EA taught me for years : "Trust No One" :p (disable auto-update and do several backups)

• Options
    @February11

Just I applied this lesson that EA taught me for years : "Trust No One" :p (disable auto-update and do several backups)

I have auto updates disabled. I did on Origin, too. But it didn't stop them from flicking me over to the EA App, which, and I don't want to jinx myself, hasn't caused me any problems for ages now.
    I can still play off line and avoid updates. So fingers crossed, it stays that way.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Is the EA App back to allowing us to run Sims 4 in offline mode without having to update again yet?
  • Options
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Is the EA App back to allowing us to run Sims 4 in offline mode without having to update again yet?

I didn't have that problem, so I can't speak for those who have.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member

I tested it by disabling my internet connection, and yes, it allowed me to play sims 4. I only got a weird pop up inside the game where it was saying that it was updating, but it couldn't be doing anything. I loaded my latest household, and it did.

Now, keep in mind something: My game is updated to the latest version, and the EA app needs to go online at least once before doing this. Also, the EA app has the bad habit of crashing on me after 2 hours of offline mode (yeah, it still has that bug). And let's not forget the EA App have another weird bug when you have installed the old sims 4 CAS demo and sims 4. Make sure you uninstall the Sims 4 CAS Demo before buying/downloading anything from there.

It's buggy, but you can get around those bugs and play Sims 4 with the EA App. In my case, at least.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options

I tested it by disabling my internet connection, and yes, it allowed me to play sims 4. I only got a weird pop up inside the game where it was saying that it was updating, but it couldn't be doing anything. I loaded my latest household, and it did.

Now, keep in mind something: My game is updated to the latest version, and the EA app needs to go online at least once before doing this. Also, the EA app has the bad habit of crashing on me after 2 hours of offline mode (yeah, it still has that bug). And let's not forget the EA App have another weird bug when you have installed the old sims 4 CAS demo and sims 4. Make sure you uninstall the Sims 4 CAS Demo before buying/downloading anything from there.

It's buggy, but you can get around those bugs and play Sims 4 with the EA App. In my case, at least.

Wait, so if I start the game offline to avoid updating, my game could just start updating on me while I'm playing it? :s

That would literally break my mods right as I'm in the middle of using them...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top