Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @emorrill Well the only issue that seemed large in the MurfeeL dress ended up being the clipping that occurs in the chest area at the highest weight slider value. I fixed that, so I guess it's good now. :lol: There is some clipping in the armpit area that is somewhat noticeable, but this is really only an issue at the highest weight setting, so you probably won't notice it. And because the dress is kinda bumpy lumpy, it does tend to look well, bumpy lumpy, in the chest morphs, but it's better than the chest clipping through. lol

So I guess for this one we'll say again, this is as good as I can get it. I didn't check the necklace because it seems fine to me. Oh and the dress's wardrobe malfunction also doesn't seem like a huge issue to me and I felt like if I tried to refit the chest area to minimize it, the lumpiness would just be worse, so I left it. I'd recommend using an accessory tank top or something to minimize that. Not like it wouldn't be period inaccurate, as undergarments were a thing, right? Well, maybe not in medieval times, but we can pretend. :tongue:

I suppose you could say mine is better in some ways and worse in others. Idk. I tried. :sweat_smile: I mean the morph thing is entirely fixed so that's good. And they may have also had the clipping in the armpit. I wasn't able to look at theirs in TSR Workshop, so I couldn't see if that was a thing or not. The morphs also don't distort parts of the skirt much, so that's good.

Anyway, here's the DL, which is hopefully good enough. :lol:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ies6mzxds4bjlve/MurfeeL_TW3_KeiraMetzDress_V3_Fix.package?dl=0
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 Thank you thank you sweet lady. <3 I'll check it out in my game this evening. I'm looking forward to it. :blush: Sorry it was more of a pain than I thought it would be. :kissing_heart:

Ugh, the Murfeelee dress won't open in TSR workshop? :grimace: Wow...
    I'll try not to send over such complicated pieces of cc from now on. :lol:;)<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Oh goodness! We must've posted our replies at the same time because I did not see your post there about fixing the Keira Metz dress. :open_mouth: Oops. But yay! :star: I'll take a look at it in game soon. :blush: (I have some accessory bras I can use with it if need be. ;) )

Thank you again! :kissing_heart: You're awesome!
  • Options
    @emorrill Hopefully they both work out well. Because I have covid, so I'm not sure how much patience I'd have to fix them up more just yet. :lol:
  • Options
    FrancesWeryFrancesWery Posts: 56 Member
    I certainly hope you're feeling better soon. I caught that nasty stuff at a family wedding in October and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Can you look at these? The door and the smallest window are fine, but the other two just leave round holes in the walls. It's a problem building Hobbit houses. sims3s.ru/objects-hobbithome.php
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Ugh, sorry to hear you have COVID... :( I hope you feel better very soon. :kissing_heart:

So here's some pics of your fixed version of Kitt's Fantasy dress in my game. :) Right off the bat I could see major improvements. :star:

52732350812_77ca8b34a2_c.jpg

And it doesn't look distorted anymore at the bottom when she walks. :lol: 👍🏻

52733125774_be54078851_c.jpg

I did notice that the back of the gown clips through long hair a little bit, but it really doesn't bother me too much. I hardly ever use this hairstyle anyway.

52733125999_6d81cacbf3_c.jpg

Now on to the Keira Metz dress.

Whatever you did with it girl, it looks fantastic! :smiley: Seriously, I was expecting it to look a little rough, even after your fixes, because it looked rough in Murfeelee's pictures, but not so! Check it out! (Sim lady is even happy to show it off. :lol:;) )

52733286990_85d3b6813b_c.jpg

I mean the detail is sharp!

Looks great in Live mode as well. :)

52732875531_d20e8307ca_c.jpg

But yeah for obvious forum reasons I didn't take a before picture of the problem area near her "endowments" :lol: but I wanted to show you that with my accessory bras, the problem is easily solved. 👍🏻 And looks like it goes with the outfit. Yay!

In CAS:
    52733126909_8fbfefd09f_c.jpg

Close up in Live Mode:
    52733285725_e4676ddaa8_c.jpg

Awesome sauce! :smiley:

Thank you again chica! <3
  • Options
    @FrancesWery Thank you. :smile: I feel better every day and hopefully will feel 100% soon. :smiley:

So, admittedly, I am not very knowledgeable about build/buy objects and, therefore, I'm not sure why these specific windows wouldn't be showing up. These windows appear perfectly fine in TSR Workshop, so I'm afraid I'm not sure what about them would be causing such an issue. I even went and tried to find a video of someone building with these windows, which I was able to find here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf33N1k78VY

As you can see, the windows are all appearing perfectly fine. So, unfortunately, I don't think the problem is the windows themselves. I know more advanced builds often use many different cheats to achieve the desired look, if I had to guess I'd say one of those is causing something wonky to happen or you have other windows that conflict with these in some way. Beyond that, I'm not sure I can be much help here. :( Sorry.

@emorrill Yay! I'm glad to see they both look mostly good in your game! :smiley:
  • Options
    FrancesWeryFrancesWery Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you for looking at the windows.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hey, @Emily4331 :smile:

I've got some CC fix requests if possible. I finally (finally, finally, finally :relieved: ) got done organizing my CC on my new PC and after looking at them in game these were some of the ones I still liked that looked like they needed some extra love. I included screenshots with the problem areas I noticed circled.

1. Long Board Shorts the waist line has a line.
    TpmIk6H.jpg
    2. Denim Jacket No Shirt you can see through the collar when facing the sim and there are a few spots where you can see the sim's skin.
    3. Sleeveless Denim Jacket has the same issue as 2.
    5hQRNB1.jpg
    4. The Open Shirt looks strange under the arm and on the sleeves.
    irRB8gj.jpgysy0DvK.jpg
    5. Fleece Hoodie for Toddlers has a spot on the arm under the pocket that looks like a dip or hole.
    6. Toddler Plush Jacket has the same issue as 5.
    EUhbJOm.jpg
    7. Pin Me Up Outfits 1-3: All three outfits have beads or pearls on them, I’m assuming from the dress originally used to make them but if they could not be there that'd be really nice.
    E0Svzyo.jpg
    8. No More P**p Chain (edited the name just in case). It's an edit of a Showtime shirt to remove the chain and the bracelets around the wrists but the wrists look weird and swollen.
    gfU4rB5.jpg

That's all for now. I may have more later, especially if you know how to fix hairs (some of them make the faces shiny). Thanks in advance <3
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome Lorrrd ima start chargin' ya'll. Hahaha I kid, I kid. :heart: I'll start taking a look at these. Might take me a bit to chunk through all of it, but I'll do my best. :3 Unfortunately, I do not know how to fix hairs. They are just a different beast that I haven't brought myself to learn. :lol: But the rest of these should be relatively easy fixes. :smiley:
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @ApparentlyAwesome Lorrrd ima start chargin' ya'll. Hahaha I kid, I kid. :heart: I'll start taking a look at these. Might take me a bit to chunk through all of it, but I'll do my best. :3 Unfortunately, I do not know how to fix hairs. They are just a different beast that I haven't brought myself to learn. :lol: But the rest of these should be relatively easy fixes. :smiley:

*takes out wallet* :sunglasses:

I would gladly pay, lol. Thank you, you're doing me a huge favor so take as much time as you need :heart:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome Okay, figured the toddler ones would be easiest so I tackled those first. Looks like the creator accidentally merged some vertices they didn't intend to. :lol: I patched the hole, but this has caused some slight texture stretching since I had to merge some vertices in the area. It's only really noticeable on one of the color variants for the hoodie version, but didn't really affect the rest. And, even on that one color variant it almost looks intentional, so I left it. :sweat_smile: Let me know if it bothers you, though, and I can try and fiddle with it.

But, most importantly, no more hole! :lol:
    hva1ufh.png

DLs:
    Toddler Plush Jacket Fix
    Toddler Fleece Hoodie Fix

And, mercifully for me, these used the same mesh so I didn't have to fix the hole twice. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @ApparentlyAwesome Pinup Outfit fixes! Also figured these would be easy and was right. Simply put, they forgot to replace the textures for the mesh itself in TSR Workshop, so aspects of the EA dress they cloned to make it were showing through. This also means they didn't have their own normal map (A mapping texture used to fake bumps, folds, etc. Used to increase level of detail without making the mesh too high poly), so I made one for each dress. This may not be something you noticed, but I figured I'd fix it anyway.

Yay no more weird texture!:
    sZysYU6.png

DLs:
    Pinup Dress 01
    Pinup Dress 02
    Pinup Dress 03
  • Options
    @Emily4331 They're all perfect! Thank you! :heart: I can deal with the hoodie, as long as there's no hole and the dresses look even better thanks to your work :relieved:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    okay so I'm on page 7 :D:D:D:D but got so excited lol @emorrill it never occurred to me to use a knitted pattern on the leggings. You made such a cute outfit!! :)

Also, is anyone here willing to fix patterns? There are a few totally awesome ones in my Favorites but when clicking the download button, I'm just taken to the school bus error page where it says "nope can no longer download this".
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome I'm so sorry this has taken me so long. My entire life is a fog. :confounded:

@stickykisses That has nothing to do with the pattern itself being broken. If you're downloading from the exchange and the school bus page appears, that means that item was removed from the exchange. The only way to retrieve a download that is no longer on the exchange is to a.) find the original creator and see if they'll reupload it for you, or b.) find someone who downloaded it and kept a copy of the sims3pack file to give you a copy. Otherwise, it's just gone and nothing can be done about it, unfortunately.
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome Fixed the bulging wrist issue on the de-chained shirt. Pretty much, they removed the texture of the bracelets, but didn't change the mesh. I removed the forearms and replaced them with normal adult male forearms. :tongue: Because this is an edit of a Showtime item, I'll message you the download link. :smile: But for my CC fix "resume," :lol: here's the fixed product:
    9JHsaDE.png
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome Boardshorts fix! These were a multi-layered issue.

Firstly, the textures for the Skin Specular, Skin Ambient, and Clothing Ambient were incorrect for the type of clothing piece (Lower Body) it was. This is probably due to whatever they cloned to make these in TSR Workshop. The textures were akin to those used for the nude body meshes, so I'd imagine they cloned one of those to make these.

Secondly, much like the Pinup dresses, the mesh textures weren't changed to be compatible. This included an incorrect Normal Map and Specular Map, both of which could cause a seam-like appearance if they aren't made for the mesh they're assigned to. I made a Normal Map for these and a new Specular Map.

So I cloned EA's base game swim shorts and used those as a base instead, making sure to assign correct textures. I also noticed they kept repeatedly importing their textures, so there were many duplicates causing a bloated file size. Being entirely re-done in TSR Workshop, my version doesn't have this issue and, therefore, is much smaller. 746 KB vs the original shorts which were 1.84 MB.

Please ignore the super hero boots. :tongue:
    BfrHNwF.png

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3gj9cymywscuqx/Boardshort_Long_Fix.package?dl=0
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @ApparentlyAwesome I'm so sorry this has taken me so long. My entire life is a fog. :confounded:

@stickykisses That has nothing to do with the pattern itself being broken. If you're downloading from the exchange and the school bus page appears, that means that item was removed from the exchange. The only way to retrieve a download that is no longer on the exchange is to a.) find the original creator and see if they'll reupload it for you, or b.) find someone who downloaded it and kept a copy of the sims3pack file to give you a copy. Otherwise, it's just gone and nothing can be done about it, unfortunately.

@thank you for the info @Emily4331 haha I was afraid of that, oh well.

Btw, not sure if this is applicable to you so disregard if not but... for years I've assumed that I would get dementia some day, my memory is like swiss cheese, very much the foggy bottom of which you speak. But then I discovered B1, the vitamin. It has worked a miracle! The other thing I discovered is that sometimes deficiencies don't show up during lab work because the problem isn't lack of nutrients, the problem is that the body isn't processing what it does have.

Oh also. I had to take it daily for about 4-6 weeks before I noticed any improvement at all, and noticed best improvement after about 3 months. I found out about it from Dr. Berg on youtube. Thanks to him I feel farking fantastic now! :p

• Options
    @stickykisses That's pretty interesting about B1! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. :smile:
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Yay! Thank you! :heart: Work has been kicking my tail lately but I can't wait to see get these in game. I can't, however, ignore the superhero boots. They're all I see :lol:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome Fixed both the shirts. The third shirt "The Open Shirt" doesn't appear to have anything horribly wrong with it. Sometimes lighting issues like that are a CAS problem and don't exist in live mode. This is because lighting in CAS is different from lighting in live mode. Actually, my fix for both of these shirts might cause lighting issues in CAS as well, but I assure you they'll look fine in live mode. :smile:

Beyond that, if your sim is broad you'll notice a little more collision between the body and sleeves. This is something that happens with EA clothing, too, so it's just kind of how it works at the end of the day. :sweat_smile: Luckily, it won't be as notable outside of CAS when the lighting isn't wonky.

For both shirts I fixed:
    -I added a solidify modifier at the smallest amount I could to avoid visible backface culling (what makes the underside invisible in The Sims 3). Because of this, the poly count is slightly higher. This was mitigated by my next step which allowed me to delete much of the body underneath.

-I closed up the sleeves. This is something EA does in all of their stuff that you may have noticed. This is so I could delete as much of the body that is hidden under the shirt as possible. This achieves two things: lowering the overall poly count and helping to avoid clipping.

For just the vest shirt:
    -I noticed you can see some of the texture underneath the shirt. Much of this is mostly hidden at most angles, but there was this tiny dot right on the belly that presumably was leftover from when they deleted parts of an EA texture to make theirs. I deleted this little dot. :lol: If you now notice the rest of the texturing peeking out at certain angles and it bothers you, let me know and I can probably lessen that, at the very least. :lol:

I didn't get pics for either of these because there isn't much to show. So you'll just have to take my word: They no longer clip and you can't see their backfaces being culled, so I call that a win. :tongue:

DLs:
    Denim Jacket No Shirt
    Denim Vest

• Options
    @Emily4331 Thank you! :relieved::heart: If I didn't have to be up in less than six hours I'd be playing in CAS right now putting these to use :lol:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    @Emily4331

Hello again.

If you have the time would you mind taking a look at this shirt? I've noticed issues with the shirt clipping (or is it the body clipping with the shirt?) There's also what I think is supposed to be a button? It sticks out and is oddly pointy.
    cgSu42q.jpg
    UX5y3Ph.jpg

The specific shirt is the Ivy Shirt.
    https://kpccfinds.tumblr.com/post/692055509833072640/satellite-sims-belaloallure-blouses-dump

Thanks again for all the work you do. :)
  • Options
    @MantleJackal Sure. I'll take a look. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top