Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Hey, Emily <3 I don't know if this has been done already and I just can't find it but I would really, really love if you could take the patches out of the Boho Crafty dress from the store. I wasn't sure if you do store stuff but I love this outfit but H A T E the patches everywhere on it. I just want a regular skirt all around. Can you fix it?

THIS IS THE DRESS
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @StephSteb I did this request for you and I'll message you the pics and download in a sec. :smile:

I do fix/edit store things (if I also own them or the requester is willing to gift it to me), but the download links are shared only with the person who requested it. This is to avoid any scallywags coming around trying to snatch up free stuff. :tongue:
  • Options
    YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST <3 It looks great, thank you so much! I will post a pic for you shortly. Yay :)<3
  • Options
    Thank you so much again, it looks so great <3

CAS

4VCY6Z2.jpg

CAS with pattern

1nC4NNh.jpg

In game

gqFUrwI.jpg

LOVE IT!
  • Options
    @StephSteb Yay :smiley: Glad you like it and that I could help!
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Emily4331
    Hello again!

There's this lovely mermaid tail that is female only and I was wondering if it would be possible to refit the mesh so it works on males, too. I'm starting to get into mermaids and most CC related to it is either for the Sims 4 or they're female only. Mermen need fancy tails, too.

The website it's on is only accessible by the wayback machine but the download still works. If not, I have a copy of the file that I could message to you if needed. :)

image.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20130130193501/mtsims-cakestore.com/%E6%A8%A1%E6%8B%9F%E4%BA%BA%E7%94%9F3-sims3/%E8%A1%A3%E6%9C%8D-clothes/%E5%85%B6%E4%BB%96%E8%A1%A3%E6%9C%8D4
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Options
    @MantleJackal Sure. I'll give it a go. :smile:
  • Options
    @MantleJackal Hopefully this works out fine because I'm not very well versed in human anatomy defying things. :lol:

0WFvCgH.png

please ignore the rain boots lol

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtw0w0vhm5pb70j/TS3_AM_MermanTail.package?dl=0
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    @Emily4331

Tried out the tail in-game and it works like a charm!
    lnISIaV.jpg
    Thanks again, Emily. o:)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Emily4331 Once again you're awesome. :star:

So is your fix download there only for males or did you rework it for both female and male? (Just wondering if I need to download the original too for the females or not?) Thanks! :)

I don't have any mermaid cc tails and this one is pretty cool!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Emily4331 Once again you're awesome. :star:

So is your fix download there only for males or did you rework it for both female and male? (Just wondering if I need to download the original too for the females or not?) Thanks! :)

I don't have any mermaid cc tails and this one is pretty cool!

You'll need to download the original for the female tail.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Thanks for another awesome fix, Emily
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Hi Emily!

Could you please look at this item I got. The issue is that it changes shape when zooming in and out.
    As can be observed on the pic below, when zoomed out it looks like horns and when you start zooming in it changes to the shape that it is supposed to be, a headpiece on just 1 side.

Would it be possible to apply your magic to it so that it does not change from horns to the shape its supposed to be when zooming in and out? And that it just looks like a one-size accessory with any zoom level?

33c35f3631ab0ec3d58cbb29cdd2f06289d63f97.png

CC link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3606335/
  • Options
    @budewarmin I guarantee this is because the mesh wasn't updated for lower levels of detail, so it's using an old horn mesh for lower LODs. Should be an easy fix. I'll look at it. :smile:
  • Options
    @budewarmin So I'm afraid making it look very similar at all zoom levels is impossible for this accessory. This is simply because it has an absurdly high base poly count. It's 46k. Far, far higher than should be in The Sims 3. Because of this, it's either: have very low poly meshes on other levels of detail, or have the mesh explode in-game.

For the medium and low levels of detail, I had to delete the part dangling from the bow and some of the feathers, just to lower the poly count enough to decimate it further without it looking terrible. Those little dangly bits especially were too small and too high poly, so decimating them as they were would look terrible. The feathers weren't as big of a problem, but the less polys to decimate, the better, so I opted to get rid of some of them too.

Regardless, it might not look at majestic at lower LODs, but few meshes do. lol And it at least won't look like an entirely different thing when zoomed out, so the problem is still solved. :tongue:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjzheuqbwlozog6/pnmai_beatific_headpiece_Fix.package?dl=0
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I just wanted no more horns so it is indeed solved <3

I had no idea the poly was so high. Would it perhaps be possible to remove the dangly parts from the bow in the high lod too? As you can see on the pic above I actually tried to make it invisible by coloring it the same color as the hair. So it being gone is actually an even better solution that matching it to the hair color.
  • Options
    budewarmin wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I just wanted no more horns so it is indeed solved <3

I had no idea the poly was so high. Would it perhaps be possible to remove the dangly parts from the bow in the high lod too? As you can see on the pic above I actually tried to make it invisible by coloring it the same color as the hair. So it being gone is actually an even better solution that matching it to the hair color.

Sure. :smile: Here's the updated version with no dangly part in any of the LODs. This also cut the High LOD down from 46k to 23k.

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6043p9aw9ddn4ex/pnmai_beatific_headpiece_Fix2.package?dl=0
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Thank you so much, you're absolutely awesome! :)
    Its insane how much poly that cut off!
  • Options
    Hi Emily, I'm just wondering if you've noticed a lot of cc lately makes seams in sims' waists and ankles, male and female. If I adjust the sims size it will make the seams come together but who wants sims that are all the same size! Also if I take out my male top mod that makes their bodies look less barrel like, it makes the waist seam go away for some male cc. But I've had that mod for years and never had this problem before. Just wonder what's going on. At first I was just changing out the cc but now it seems like almost all of it is doing this. Have you noticed this issue or can you see anything in these two items that would cause this?

Is anyone else noticing this?

D5CNsBx.jpg
    WAfmoAq.jpg

CC in question:
    female bottom https://simfileshare.net/download/3620184/
    male bottom (I think this is the problem one) https://simfileshare.net/download/3620185/
  • Options
    @ZeeGee I have noticed more and more problems with CC and I attribute it to a few things:

1.) The CC machine for TS3 has slowed down a lot, bringing in a lot of new modders who may not know how to fix common problems such as seams.

2.) CC creators just want to get their content out there, so they aren't properly testing it to make sure everything is working as intended.

I see one of the things you've linked is from SIMPLY. No shade to them, as I think they're a great creator, but I feel their recent stuff has (more often than not) had issues. I attribute this to that second bullet point. They're eager to get it out into the world, but in doing so forgo proper testing. I think it's especially evident in their preview pics being clearly made in Blender or another 3D program and not in The Sims 3 itself.

Anyway, I'll check out both of these and see what I can do. :smile:
  • Options
    Ah that makes sense. :( Thanks :kissing:
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Are the waist and ankle seam you posted both something you believe is linked to these SIMPLY shorts? Looking at them in TSRW, they don't have these seam issues, so I'm not sure what to tell you there. I would like more information, though:

-Do the SIMPLY shorts you linked cause the waist seam AND ankle seam?
    -What default male top do you use?
    -What default feet do you use?

It could just be that your defaults don't get along with these SIMPLY shorts. It happens. It's hard to tell why because I'm not well versed in this stuff, I just generally know the steps to fix some issues lol. Now, maybe these seam issues just aren't apparent in TSRW? But I'd be more inclined to blame the default top (and maybe even the default feet for the ankle seam) if the problem goes away when using EA's top and feet.

And I will say that default body parts tend to have very pesky seams. I've seen many creators talk about this kind of thing when making defaults of their own. So it isn't unheard of for a default body part to have seam issues. They just might be less noticeable on some clothing vs others and, again, I'm afraid I'm not sure what the rhyme or reasoning is there.

As for the female skirt you linked: that turned out to be interesting. It didn't have morphs AT ALL. :lol: Weirdly it had morph groups but they were all just the base mesh. Anyway, I gave it morphs. Here ya go:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppn3c0plt69yjjd/[ZaumaTS3] SyndromBlack-Skirt_f_MorphFix.package?dl=0
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for that fix, Emily! I'll get back to you with answers to your questions about the shorts. PS sorry it took so long to get back to you, busy times!
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    Okay, for the male shorts, the waist and ankle seams are there. I have the default male shape that makes them look less barrel like but took that out and the issue is still there. I do use the Bloom "bad word" feet mod. haha

It looks like it might be a morph problem too because when I make him thin or big it shows up really bad?
    cMt1Adm.jpg
  • Options
    PS: The skirt looks amazing but the top that goes with it now looks wonky, if you wouldn't mind fixing that too?

https://simfileshare.net/download/3625521/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top