Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    This looks like the curved bit on the end of the upright piano, in what looks like a plain brown wood swatch.

I think it‘s a tribute to the movie, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, of which the composition is a lot like one of the vital clues ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    The "Official Gameplay Trailer" has been renamed to a "Feature Overview Trailer" likely due to complaints of "Is that all?" No. No it isn't.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The "Official Gameplay Trailer" has been renamed to a "Feature Overview Trailer" likely due to complaints of "Is that all?" No. No it isn't.

Hmm maybe we can expect an official gameplay trailer next week then.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

Hmm maybe we can expect an official gameplay trailer next week then.

We have an official livestream next Friday, March 3rd, 2023 at 11:00am Pacific.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2023
    World: San Sequoia

Pics:
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet: and
    - SimGuruNova tweet:
    Neighborhoods

There are three neighborhoods - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Gilbert Gardens is a large park and more open. However, Anchorpoint warf is on the edge of downtown and has more of the “Del Sol Valley” feel but less “LA” and more “SF.” +
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    It reminds me of scenery I see in California and it feels homey and real to me.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Neighborhood decor

The subway entrance is "scenery to give the area a more close to downtown feel ... in the neighborhood with the theater" - SimGuruMorgan tweet: The curbs are for world aesthetic.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    And some notes on world design:
    We try to portray different densities with our worlds based on how populated they are in our minds. At times we’ve conceptualized less dense too because we want it to be clear where playable lots are when you’re hovering around to travel. We want to be new player friendly too. +
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    In earlier packs we were still learning. A lot of consideration and planning goes into not only how we can make each pack performant but also how we can keep the game performant for years to come. We know players love new worlds, so we’re going to be making them for a long time!
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    When we add a new world that is inspired by another cultural location we want to be respectful and do that culture justice with supporting content in our features. We are always looking for opportunities to branch out and explore more diversity.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    We want players to get the content they’d expect from a pack’s theme. We have SO much content for family/different age groups in this pack. I think a melting pot location that can represent family across various cultures is a lovely fit that supports player content expectation.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    The "New Worlds" pics from January were early concept pictures for this pack
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Child Skills
    The way Child skills work hasn’t always been my preference, so I have a mod for that. We did rework that in BG for Growing Together though. It’s different from the mod I use, but cooler imo. I can’t wait to remove the mod and play the updated way when it goes live.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Woohoo spots?

Not boats:
    No, but there *might be* another new woohoo spot in the pack! You'll have to wait until the livestream to see :)
    - SimGuruNova tweet:
    Infants

Infant foods include papaya paste, mashed peas, ice cream, and smashed lemon.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    There are lots of other options.
    SimGuruNinja tweet:
    Yes, they'll "make faces if they don't like something" (as TigerLover78 hopes)
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Especially the smashed lemon:
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Infants feel very different "in feel and look" in-game from Toddlers.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    Premades
    Kyle is great with kids, and will look after them while you're gone
    - SimGuruConor tweet:
    CAS

There are multiple options for moles
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:

Not included: Cars
    No cars. We thought the curbs looked cool even if no cars, but would allow players to also build “driveways” since that’s a building trend.
    - SimGuruMorgan tweet:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks @catloverplayer ! For those of you for whom loading is slow:

Stay Overs
    Stay Overs are available for Infants and up
    - SimGuruConor tweet:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Patch Content - CAS
    Not only does The Sims 4 #GrowingTogether come with new Create a Sim items 🤩 - birthmarks, stretch marks & cesarean scars will be coming to The Sims 4 base game on March 14 💚🥳
    - Sims tweet:
    Music

This song is part of the new radio station:
    - Sims tweet (song): - SimGuruNinja tweet:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for always doing these threads, since this is your last one. I'm sure they must have been a lot of hard work and I am very grateful that you have provided us with such clear info with each pack xx
  • Options
    World
    A Simmer noticed that the bridge is the same as the San Myshuno bridge.
    San Sequoia is like the sister city to San Myshuno 🙂
    - SimGuruFrost:
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I like that it’s a sister city to San Myshuno, makes the worlds feel more connected, especially since I already see Strangerville as being a twin town to Strangetown.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Really reinforces the Bay Area vibes then.
  • Options
    LIVESTREAM
    from the previous stream:
    • Why a new life stage? For more natural aging progression
    • More ways have been added to socialize between ages and with pets
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    LIVESTREAM
    Base Game Update

Objects
    • Patched objects include new bassinet (first non-pack new one since launch), many cribs including to match existing toddler/child furniture, wall-mount bookshelves, three toys with sensory-development focus, rugs
    • Playpen fencing can be babyproofed, as can any door or gate in the game.
    • Some cribs can be upgraded to a toddler bed. Can also add a mobile to a crib; it plays a selection of lullabies.
    • Travel crib can be taken in inventory.

Newborns
    • "Have Science Baby" as new option, alone or with another Sim, including Sims you don't have a romantic relationship with - e.g. for surrogacy storytelling. Skips pregnancy and birth.
    • Newborns now have same skintone range as all other Sims, correct genetic eye colour. Other changes in appearance and movement skew them younger.
    • Seamless transition between interactions, without putting them down.
    • Caregivers will properly respond to crying.
    • Newborns will react to weather, temperature.
    • Show off to easier to complete.
    • Toddlers can entertain newborns.
    • Shorter age now, others are longer.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    LIVESTREAM
    Base Game Update

Infant CAS
    • 6 unique Traits
    • Fully creatable and customizable in CAS.
    • CAS includes baby glasses with backstrap, baby helmet
    • Storkbites (birthmarks) will fade away as Sims age.

Older Sims CAS
    • Birthmarks also available for older Sims (along with other new marks).
    • New option for Sims for "Can this Sim produce milk?"

Attachment and Reward Traits
    • Infants can be neglected or form attachment. Moodlets eg "Well cared for". A crying but attached child will be less sad (has trust) than one that's been neglected before.
    • Reward traits when Infant ages up related to trust.

Feeding Infants
    • Many quality-of-life improvements made to high chair.
    • Bottlefeeding/breastfeeding best satisfy hunger. Infant can have a preference, and Sims feeding them will follow it.
    • Infants will respond in a variety of ways to new foods. Exploring food is about trying new things and exploring the world.

New Pack functions, some examples:
    • Yes, Infants can pet the dog!
    • with Parenthood, increased Parenting skill applies to Infant care too
    • Nifty Knitting has new onesies

Sim Age
    • Relationship gain/loss now different between Sims of different ages. Not drastic but noticeable.
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    LIVESTREAM
    Growing Together EP

Design Pillars
    • Family matters. Interacting with family feels different than with other Sims, including extended family across households.
    • Deepening relationships across the game and making them more meaningful.
    • The drama of life. Features where players can start off or trigger Sims dramatically, with interesting ways of relating. And something more like story prompts that could take you in a different direction if you say yes.

CAS
    • urban casual everyday wear for all ages
    • vintage aesthetics
    • early spring/summer pastels
    • patterns that can be worn by all ages for families to coordinate
    • new costumes (the Infant duck costume is EP, not patch)
    • hair colour not tied to headscarf pattern
    • Lacy Redway, hairstyle, was collaborator
    • more natural baby-hairs on adult styles
    • new Newborn outfits

Lumberjackson family will be on the Gallery, updated with new features, e.g. body freckles, a newborn, his mom (Note: I might have misunderstood a bit here)

Family Dynamic
    • Set between any two household members in CAS (in Household Relationships), or gained in gameplay "adventure moments" or in a new option discussed later (I missed the name of it)
    • e.g. Difficult, Jokesters, Supportive, Distant, Strict
    • Gives unique interactions, affects autonomy (e.g., Distant will avoid each other, be awkward together, call less often after one moves out), affects pie menu suggestions
    • Purchasable reward potion to remove the dynamic

Social Compatibility
    • Sims Characteristics, new like/dislike - based on traits (including from packs), likes/dislikes, lifestyles
    • Conversation Topics, new like/dislike - tied to remapped pie menu - options are about what a Sim wants other Sims to do
    • These new factors are the pillars of Sim compatibility, which is calculated based on both Sims
    • Social Compatibility is platonic (not only romantic) and Child up
    • 50 Likes/Dislikes (base game update)
    • Puzzle piece icon in relationship panel in LIve mode show compatibility has been calculated and if it's good or bad.

Child Aspirations
    • 4 new options found under "Multi-Skill"

• Options
    edited March 2023
    World: San Sequoia
    • loosely inspired by San Francisco suburbs, which have a variety of feels
    • Hopewell Hills neighborhood: "sleepy suburbs", nicely spaced out houses. "Old Stumpy" is a remnant of the world's one-time sequoia trees. Sims can walk out onto the marina. The trailer Michaelson family lives here. One empty lot. Start home by Lilsimsie, with 4 bedrooms.
    • Anchor Point Wharf neighborhood: more of a city vibe. Robles family lives here. Library, movie theater, public piano.
    • third neighborhood: large park with an old house, can swim in that pond but there's a crocodile, area for group walks, splash pad (bring your dog! hold your infant! most pieces also in Build/Buy to create your own). Rec center.

Sim Age
    • new cross-age interactions, especially new Elder interactions
    • Life lessons from Elders can have added effect with Parenthood installed
    • family kiss between most Sim ages

Premades: Kyle
    • Might invite himself over for a few days even though your Sims doesn't seem to know him.
    • "What a dreamboat" - GrimSuruDoi
    • Knows stuff about San Sequoia

Temporary Stay System
    • Sims visiting bring a suitcase. Suitcase is also in the catalog. Has dresser functions.
    • Can present itself as an opportunity with a call, eg. extended family, family friends, long-lost family member trying to reconnect
    • Calendar shows how long the Sim(s) visiting will be there.
    • You can ask visitors to help out.
    • Can use Calendar to initiate a temporary stay by inviting someone over, select length of stay
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Newborns
    • Have outfit choices.
    • Will be more differentiated from each other.

Quirks: Infants and Toddlers
    • Infants and Toddlers will all have three discoverable Quirks from set of 18 each for Infants and Toddlers.
    • Range from cute little thinks like sneezing a lot to being Aggressive.
    • Things like wanting to sleep in someone's arms can affect how your other Sims interact.
    • There is a new Pack Cheat to add and remove discoverable Quirks.
    • Discovery happens when they do something related to that Quirk.

Milestones
    • Visible in Simology panel
    • Dotted outline, grey milestone shows what might be next
    • Infants have fine motor and gross motor milestones as well. "More specific... than a skill bar" for tracking Infant development - GrimSuruDoi
    • Infant milestones can open up other interactions. Eg, Infant can't explore food in high chair until they can sit up; need to be able to grab things to eat finger foods.
    • Firsts, Life, Social milestones at other ages and are more focused on tracking important events.
    • Can go into Milestones panel and look back at earlier ages.
    • Decorative items you acquire for some Milestones, eg., marriage certificate, baby handprints.
    • Milestones can include where something happened (eg, first fire, first bladder failure), which can affect how the Sim feels on that lot at times.
    • Can make a Self-Discovery and gain an extra Trait - offered the Trait and can accept or reject. Might also be given opportunity to replace a trait with its opposite. Cap of 6.

Midlife Crisis
    • for Adult Sims
    • 4 types of Midlife Crisis, eg Desire for Adventure
    • Appears in Aspiration panel with specific things to do, which are optional
    • Fulfilling goals shrinks length of Midlife Crisis

Workplace Rivals
    • Can happen to a Sim in a career and can block promotions
    • New options on at-work pie menu
    • Can interact outside work to resolve the problem too
    • "You could take care of Bella... any way you want to" - GrimSuruDoi

Burnout System
    • eg. if you're pushing a skill or work too hard

Layoffs
    • Adults can be laid off (fired) at work
    • You might get a warning of upcoming layoffs and might be able to avoid it
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Confidence (for Children)
    • Children start with neutral, can become low or high
    • affected by her own gameplay and how caregivers interact
    • low confidence might result in new fears
    • Can lead to a Low Self-Esteem or High Self-Esteem locked-in Trait

Child Skills
    • separated out in UI for Children into Fundamentals and certain Adult skills
    • Fundamentals gained quicker than before
    • Adult skills gained slower than an Adult and are retained
    • bicycle riding is now learned, and adults can help with that

Loose Teeth
    • A child might lose a tooth by pulling it out, or it falling out, or a bicycle mishap
    • Can wiggle it
    • Gap shows in mouth
    • Can put that tooth under your pillow and go to sleep. Tooth Fairy might leave you something in your inventory - eg certificate - and some money

Buy/Build
    • upright piano, including one swatch with stickers on it; takes up 4 not 6 squares
    • Treehouse is built by Sims (Teen or older to start the process), can do that as a group (Children can help). Not only accessible by Children. Decoration states applied after built, affect pretending options. New Woohoo spot. Upgradable with bell, slide, lights (adjustable forcolour, brightness) , pole. Can place many objects on balcony - "placeable in treehouse" in B/B mode.
    • Children's bicycles with different accessories, and new adult bicycles
    • Keepsake boxes - can be designated once by an Elder, be renamed, and be entrusted to another Sim you're close enough to. Can add various items into it. "Ponder the meaning of family" can affect dynamics.
    • Friendship Bracelets made from a kit or activity table or knitting/cross-stitch kit. Can exchange them with a friend. (If in the same household, need to each make them.) Cannot sell or delete. Will eventually wear out and fall off. New fist-bump interaction only for bracelet friends. Can demand it back.
    • Diaper Change Table for Infants and Toddlers, but not after potty training. Attached diaper-pail trash can option. One option folds down from the wall.
    • Babyproofed gate/door - little ones can try to break out... and can succeed.
    • Celebration cannon
    • Sleeping bags
    • Interlockable bookshelves

New Woohoo Spot = Treehouse

Events
    • Baby Shower - doesn't require pregnancy, eg, you might have an adoption story
    • Family Reunion - reward picture frame set you can add different photos to
    • Slumber Party
    • Not stopped by being during a stayover
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Movie Theater
    • variety of genres
    • go alone or with other people
    • rabbithole

Rec Center
    • Many different activities - creative, athletic, etc
    • Book events there
    • Game tables with new games: puzzles (many different ones, including custom puzzles by Reference from photo right then and there - others can steal a puzzle piece - framable), Simbles (like Scrabble), and more

Walking paths in one neighborhood
    • different lengths
    • group or solo powerwalking for Elders
    • react to different points they pass
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Okay! This is when I really, really have to leave. If anyone hears anything after they said they were wrapping up, or stuff on Twitter, please post!! I'll get this stuff on p. 1 later.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Thank you very much for all the time you put into this. We appreciate you!! <3