Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Sexual Orientation Option After Update

SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
There's no sexual orientation option in CAS after updating. I cleared the cache, took out my UI and Column mods. I have the body hair, wants and fears and new phone UI.

Screenshot-46.pngfree photo upload sites

I had Carl Overhaul mod but took it completely out. I have the MCCC hot fix.
Anyone else have this problem? :s I already verified my game files too.

Post edited by SnaveXs on

Comments

• Options
    David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    No. Fortunately I do not have this problem, but some people might have it. Just not me.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I see one other person has this problem on the EA tech forum. It's just not my day today.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Your post mentions taking out some mods but it's not completely clear to me from the wording if you removed ALL mods and cc. I know at least one mod is causing the orientation thing to not show up, so if you have other mods make sure you remove them all.
    Sorry if you have already removed all of them, it just isn't clear to me and I'm hoping to help you find a solution.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Your post mentions taking out some mods but it's not completely clear to me from the wording if you removed ALL mods and cc. I know at least one mod is causing the orientation thing to not show up, so if you have other mods make sure you remove them all.
    Sorry if you have already removed all of them, it just isn't clear to me and I'm hoping to help you find a solution.

To add to this, you may also need to delete the localthumbcache file, if you haven't already.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options

What mod is that? I can tell you if I have that mod installed.

I deleted the localthumbcache file twice already.

• Options
    nightwatch1988nightwatch1988 Posts: 9 New Member
    Do you have any of roburky's mods? Seems when I took out the fitness control mod the orientation panel appeared.
  • Options
    nightwatch1988nightwatch1988 Posts: 9 New Member
    Also if you use any UI type mods, those have the tendency to mess with such features.
  • Options
    Also if you use any UI type mods, those have the tendency to mess with such features.

Fix-Screenshot-49.pngimghost

I think I found the culprit after isolating 7 of Bienchens mods in a 50/50 folder. It was sim4me_norandomaccessoriesandmakeup.package that was preventing me from seeing the sexual orientation options.

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2022
    SnaveXs wrote: »

What mod is that? I can tell you if I have that mod installed.

I deleted the localthumbcache file twice already.
    You should remove all of your mods before posting on the forum. Not to sound rude, it just makes it harder for us to actually help people, and makes bug reporting more difficult.

Glad you found out which mod it is, but from now on try to remove ALL mods and test your game before posting a bug report. The half and half method is a great solution to find out WHICH mod is breaking things once you've confirmed it is indeed a mod solution.

Simply take out half of your mods and place them in a folder on your desktop. Start the game. If the problem goes away, then one of those mods you took out is the culprit. If the problem still ceases, then the mod is still in your game. Keep taking half and half until you narrow down the mod. This is the most effecient way to figure out which mod it is.
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    @Zeldaboy180 What you mean that's not how it works. If I would have taken my mods out. The issue would still have been there. I didn't know what the problem was and had to search around to see if anyone else was dealing with the same issue. I saw 2 people who reported the issue elsewhere. So, I don't know how me mentioning this makes it difficult especially if I created the thread myself to get help. I would like to thank everyone who tried to help though, even if it was to remind me on steps that I need to take to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    @Zeldaboy180 What you mean that's not how it works. If I would have taken my mods out. The issue would still have been there. I didn't know what the problem was and had to search around to see if anyone else was dealing with the same issue. I saw 2 people who reported the issue elsewhere. So, I don't know how me mentioning this makes it difficult especially if I created the thread myself to get help. I would like to thank everyone who tried to help though, even if it was to remind me on steps that I need to take to resolve the issue.

No, if you would have taken the mods out, you would have seen that the issue would have gone away. Which is exactly what happened when you removed the mod causing the issue.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Taking all your mods out to test is how you determine if it is indeed a "game" issue or a "mod" issue.
  • Options

No, if you would have taken the mods out, you would have seen that the issue would have gone away. Which is exactly what happened when you removed the mod causing the issue.

Ok, In hindsight, I realized what I needed to do but still don't know how me reaching out for help make it difficult for bug reporting, especially when I came back to tell people what mod it was causing the issue and I've seen other people say their sexual orientation tab wasn't showing. So, maybe they will see this thread and realize why.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2022

Ok, In hindsight, I realized what I needed to do but still don't know how me reaching out for help make it difficult for bug reporting, especially when I came back to tell people what mod it was causing the issue and I've seen other people say their sexual orientation tab wasn't showing. So, maybe they will see this thread and realize why.

No one said you shouldn't reach out for help, just remove all mods before doing so. If you'd done that, it would've fixed your problem. EA isn't responsible for mods and when people post bugs, it's assumed that it's an actual bug, not something caused by mods.

Also, if someone reports a bug on the official bug forum, the rules state to only post about vanilla games or after all mods are removed. Otherwise, the developers waste time trying to fix it. Everyone's just trying to help, so please don't take it the wrong way.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Thank goodness I only play vanilla on my PC. I have the romantic choices in my CAS.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2022
    Don't listen; I'm glad you posted about it; I was having the same problem, and with this thread I knew enough that it was a mod and found it quickly (I had made my own mod to stop accessories, so this told me just which one to look at first). Saved me about an hour sorting through all my mods and going in and out of the game.
  • Options
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Don't listen; I'm glad you posted about it; I was having the same problem, and with this thread I knew enough that it was a mod and found it quickly (I had made my own mod to stop accessories, so this told me just which one to look at first). Saved me about an hour sorting through all my mods and going in and out of the game.

Glad it saved you the trouble. Doesn't change the fact that the rules on bug reporting specifically require mods to be removed before a post is submitted.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Glad it saved you the trouble. Doesn't change the fact that the rules on bug reporting specifically require mods to be removed before a post is submitted.

So, It's assumed that since I said I went to the EA tech forum that I submitted a bug report but I didn't.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member

SnaveXs answered this, but I was going to say the same thing. You're commenting on his post for help here; I don't see any rules regarding bug reports here. Not that it really matters; it just gets tiresome when people are so busy fighting crime on forums. Who cares? And how anything here makes bug reporting where they actually pay attention to it more difficult, I'll never know.
  • Options
    ZarahZarah Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > Ok, In hindsight, I realized what I needed to do but still don't know how me reaching out for help make it difficult for bug reporting, especially when I came back to tell people what mod it was causing the issue and I've seen other people say their sexual orientation tab wasn't showing. So, maybe they will see this thread and realize why.

I thank you for making this thread, it somehow helped me narrowing down my troublesome mod that was causing the same problem.
    I can inform you that the updated version of Carl's Gameplay Overhaul is working and no longer causes the game to die on startup! (I love his overhaul)

And should you, who ever just came across this thread in search of what mod might cause this problem; Of the 8669 files in my mod folder it was chingyu's BetterCASrandomization that was the culprit in my case, hope it'll help someone!
  • Options
    moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2022
    Do you have any of roburky's mods? Seems when I took out the fitness control mod the orientation panel appeared.

dang... i've got this problem too and i seriously don't want to give up the expanded physique range mod. i hope there's an updated version, or some alternative. :/

EDIT:
    the mod has been updated!
    https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-fitness/download/eyJpZCI6MTk3MDQxLCJleHBpcmVzIjoxNjU5MjE2ODg2fQ%3d%3d%2eMieusL94NElZR8%2f6vwGzE%2bDYqgk%3d
    Post edited by moon_moth on
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member

This wasn't a bug report and you don't work for EA. Chill.

@SnaveXs Thank you for this post, it was helpful. :)

• Options
    TessTheSimmerTessTheSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! this happened to me too but the cause was TURBODRIVER_Intersex_TuningOverride luckily they have updated the mod so this does not happen anymore!
    here is the link: https://turbodriver.itch.io/cas-intersex
    hopefully this helps anyone! <3
  • Options
    cbenetticbenetti Posts: 2 New Member
    It happened to me too and it was the Extended Fat and Muscle Sliders, by SimShenko's: https://simshenko.tumblr.com/post/176727862128/extended-physique-sliders-for-your-t-h-i-c-c
  • Options
    TheVoidYTTheVoidYT Posts: 1 New Member
    Can WW cause this issue? JW