Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's funny, I too like to have a couple of 20x15 lots sprinkled around here and there. But it's like they heard us all giving that feedback, and said, ok, cool, here's an entire world filled with small lots.

I can't speak for anyone else, but what I really want in most cases is a world filled with a mixture of sizes: mostly 20x30 or 30x40, with a few 20x15 or 20x20, a couple of 40x40 (I actually really miss the square lots in general, I find them more harmonious somehow), and only one or two really large lots. And I want them in places that make sense.

I guess I’m in the minority that loves small lots and wished for more of them lol. 😅 I’m loving this new world haha.

I like them for starters.
    But this world features the high school as major game play and I would prefer to have families in this particular world.
    Large ones. Because of this all of the current sims in large lots will be removed and replaced with my own sims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don’t want to move any families there. I rather think of it as it’s own campus.

It looks like there’s 12 lots - but 2 are important school ones

Of the 10 lots - 3 are Premades. I’ll just keep them there to converse with my sims.

Of the 7 lots - 1 library, 1 thrift tea, 1 arcade, 1 coffee shop. 1 park, 1 mall and 1 ice cream shop

I’ll give all the lots the “teen hangout” and create teen clubs that meet at different locations. I can also have rival teen clubs.

I think the clubs will be “Populars” “Studious” and “Pranksters” - I might change the names but that’s the gist

I don’t play teens too much so I’m glad there’s some premade ones to fill up the clubs
    Post edited by imhappy on
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    Looking forward to seeing what changes everyone makes to Cooperdale because it really is a beautiful world.

I also plan to have large families in the world because its nice to see them all walking around from time to time.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Yeah, it's funny, I too like to have a couple of 20x15 lots sprinkled around here and there. But it's like they heard us all giving that feedback, and said, ok, cool, here's an entire world filled with small lots.

I can't speak for anyone else, but what I really want in most cases is a world filled with a mixture of sizes: mostly 20x30 or 30x40, with a few 20x15 or 20x20, a couple of 40x40 (I actually really miss the square lots in general, I find them more harmonious somehow), and only one or two really large lots. And I want them in places that make sense.

I guess I’m in the minority that loves small lots and wished for more of them lol. 😅 I’m loving this new world haha.

I do love them, and want more of them than we usually get. I just wish everything wasn't feast or famine. I like small lots for certain things, and medium sized lots for other things, so I wish we had a mix of both in every world.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I don’t want to move any families there. I rather think of it as it’s own campus.

Of the 10 lots - 3 are Premades. I’ll just keep them there to converse with my sims.

Of the 7 lots - 1 library, 1 thrift tea, 1 arcade, 1 coffee shop. 1 park, 1 mall and 1 ice cream shop

I’ll give all the lots the “teen hangout” and create teen clubs that meet at different locations. I can also have rival teen clubs

I don’t play teens too much so I’m glad there’s some premade ones to fill up the clubs

I will let you know that the pier does have an ice cream shop if you wanted to add something else.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited July 2022
    imhappy wrote: »

I’ll give all the lots the “teen hangout” and create teen clubs that meet at different locations. I can also have rival teen clubs

I will let you know that the pier does have an ice cream shop if you wanted to add something else.

That’s awesome! Because I just decided to move Iggy Pancake and his girlfriend Olivia Kim-Lewis there. Their parents passed away in a fire at a house party, but they are in love and living together.

It was crazy! I’ve never seen 4 Sims all die from fire. They must have nerfed it since then.

Anyway, they can be head of the clubs. (Iggy - Pranksters) (Olivia - The Populars and Studious Students)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    I think when I get the pack (I'm almost certain that I will get it in sale) I will probably try to customise the school to fit the aesthetic of the game I'm playing at the time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited July 2022

There's nothing really wrong with 20x15 and 20x20 lots, I'd much rather have them then the maxi lots. It did strike me as odd that they went so heavy on those sizes since it's a first if memory serves. I prefer 20x30 and 30x30 for households of 3 or more, and I usually reserve the small lots for newlyweds without kids or pets and singles. It's my preference at the moment, we'll see in a month or two from now how I feel about it. Moonwood Mill completely changed my mind on small worlds, no reason Copperdale can't do the same with small lots. I'm game for learning how to build for households of 3 or 4 on a 20x15. Mostly it's an issue I created for myself, I never tried to build multistory small lots. I always kept them as single story homes.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited July 2022
    I will always hope for end-user customization of lots as right now Imo it is always less than more and a whole lot of usable landscape. For now, I have to make do with what is given.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 707 Member
    In the livestream there were a lot of students in the cafeteria. I hope it will be the case in game. Because at the cafeteria in the university pack only my active sim eats there. It is empty most of the time except for one or two students coming to chat or do homeworks.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,430 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    In the livestream there were a lot of students in the cafeteria. I hope it will be the case in game. Because at the cafeteria in the university pack only my active sim eats there. It is empty most of the time except for one or two students coming to chat or do homeworks.

At least the cafeteria worker showed up in your game. In my game, my sim would have starved if it were not for some students who brought different dishes of food to the dorm all the time. :lol: I saw in an early preview video that everyone on the school lot eats at the cafeteria, including the principal.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 707 Member
    @crocobaura Usually the cafeteria worker comes in at the same time as my Sim go to eat.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I think the small lots are practical.
    Any family who live in Copperdale won't have time to garden or keep chickens or cows.

Players will mostly be concentrating on the teens in the family. All they need is a bedroom, and various places around town to hangout with friends.
    The parents better be pretty self sufficient, all they will be doing is paying the bills and earning the money. Much like real life really.

You can always turn the rental into residential if you want a bigger lot {or the park maybe}.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Have we gotten any confirmation on what part of the country Copperdale is inspired by? I break my worlds into "regions," and sims can only travel regionally without vacationing (for example: Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook and Moonwood Mills are one region). Just mulling over which region to place it in.

Judging only by the photo of that one lot in the beginning of this thread, I'd say northern US or Canada. Mountains in the background, the tall pine trees, the stream... we're definitely in a more northern region of the world. I'd say this and Moonwood Mills could definitely be in the same region.

I feel like Moodwood Mills and Copperdale are in Pacific Northwest. They are both mountainous and Moonwood has the hippie/grungy vibe to it. If we went North to South, I feel most of the Sims worlds are close together. Moonwood in the most north, then Copperdale, then SanMyshuno, then Strangerville (though ever so slightly East-adjacent), and then Del Sol Valley, and then Oasis Springs (or whatever it's called). Newcrest and Willowcreek are more Eastern. And Windenberg, Hedford, Mt Komeraibi, Batuu, and Tartosa, Selvedora and Sulani are on a different landmass.
    Don't know where Glimmerbrook is. And Forgottenhollow well, I can't remember.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

If I can mod my school into another world then I will build an military base outside the football field. There would be a small military base in the little town out in the woods. Place one or two household of military sims stationed there as npc's for town.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    I think they said they were going for a bit of a Stephen king vibe with Copperdale, even though it doesn't look particularly New-England-ish. (Most of King's stuff is set in New England - specifically Maine.)

So for me, pairing it with Brindleton Bay works just fine.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was super shocked at how small the lots are.😅😅😅 I'm definitely the big lot type but every world doesn't have to be the same. Maybe they were going with more of a small town vibe.
    Only problem is that I almost always play with 8 sim households and I was planning on moving almost all of my main sims there. Well, I still am but I guess I have to rethink some things 🥲
    Not sure how to fit big families into these tiny tiny lots but I guess I'll take on the challenge. I love this world too much. This one and moonwood mills are going to be my only played worlds for a long while.
    I'm going to use a few other worlds only for vacation or big venues like malls and theaters.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm definitely stealing the park!! And I can't believe how the lake is around the pier! That's so beautiful. My mermaid is going to love it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

There's nothing really wrong with 20x15 and 20x20 lots, I'd much rather have them then the maxi lots. It did strike me as odd that they went so heavy on those sizes since it's a first if memory serves. I prefer 20x30 and 30x30 for households of 3 or more, and I usually reserve the small lots for newlyweds without kids or pets and singles. It's my preference at the moment, we'll see in a month or two from now how I feel about it. Moonwood Mill completely changed my mind on small worlds, no reason Copperdale can't do the same with small lots. I'm game for learning how to build for households of 3 or 4 on a 20x15. Mostly it's an issue I created for myself, I never tried to build multistory small lots. I always kept them as single story homes.

I usually play on 30x30 and below, very rarely do I play on a 40x20 or 40x30 lot. Even when I use bigger families they fit just fine on a 30x20 lot.

• Options
    I was super shocked at how small the lots are.😅😅😅 I'm definitely the big lot type but every world doesn't have to be the same. Maybe they were going with more of a small town vibe.
    Only problem is that I almost always play with 8 sim households and I was planning on moving almost all of my main sims there. Well, I still am but I guess I have to rethink some things 🥲
    Not sure how to fit big families into these tiny tiny lots but I guess I'll take on the challenge. I love this world too much. This one and moonwood mills are going to be my only played worlds for a long while.
    I'm going to use a few other worlds only for vacation or big venues like malls and theaters.

I don’t know how many families you’re moving by there’s a 50 x40 lot, 2 30x30 lots, and a 30x20 lot you could move them to. 😊

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2022
    I like how Copperdale World looks & I don't mind that there's more tiny size lots. It's way better than a tiny world as far as I'm concerned. Plus, I noticed lately that I've been moving some of my newer sims in tiny lots more often than the regular medium lots. I'm sortof tired of build big buildings.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Several of the lots are too small for my taste. A 20x15 feels small for a family home, and the ones in Prescott Square have very little room for outdoor furniture or activities.

They made a point of allowing you to take multiple teens to school. Sticking a family with multiple teenagers on a 20x15 feels cramped.

Since an official world builder is likely never coming, I wish they would at least give us an in-game tool to place our own lots!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lilsimsie had a redesigned school in her video. I'm hoping she uploads it to the Gallery because everything seemed to flow much better. The cafeteria was a separate room. The entire school was a bit smaller and students didn't seem to walk so much to get anywhere.

eifSYlc.png

might be only lilsimsie build id ever add in my game :lol: actually seems more fun than the original lot
    although gym and woodworking being on second floor is just so very wrong on every human level so i would change that

as for lot sizes I actually like small lots much better than bigger ones
    so that to me is plus if i were to get this pack

there is enough huge lots for mansions in other worlds
    and I still haven't filled even half of them

also like there isn't really objects in game to put for ridiculously large lots
    it always ends up hundred toilet fest
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited July 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Lilsimsie had a redesigned school in her video. I'm hoping she uploads it to the Gallery because everything seemed to flow much better. The cafeteria was a separate room. The entire school was a bit smaller and students didn't seem to walk so much to get anywhere.

eifSYlc.png

might be only lilsimsie build id ever add in my game :lol: actually seems more fun than the original lot
    although gym and woodworking being in second floor is just so very wrong on every human level

I like the look of it, but I would end up totally redoing it. It's the same reason you mentioned, who puts the gym and the shop classroom on the second floor? Ok, lilsimsie did, but other than her, who would do that? There is some logic to it, it gives the students exercise getting to P.E. class.

On the flip side, the next school board meeting would be stormed by parents who are furious because they have to walk up stairs to go watch their kid's game. Worse still in their minds, they'd be so worn out by the effort they wouldn't have any energy left to yell obscenities at the coaches and referees and other parents who's stupid kid should have passed the ball to my kid and we would have won the game!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »
    I think the small lots are practical.
    Any family who live in Copperdale won't have time to garden or keep chickens or cows.

Players will mostly be concentrating on the teens in the family. All they need is a bedroom, and various places around town to hangout with friends.
    The parents better be pretty self sufficient, all they will be doing is paying the bills and earning the money. Much like real life really.

You can always turn the rental into residential if you want a bigger lot {or the park maybe}.

Most of my teens have chores and farm animals to look after as part of that. Not everyone's life as a teen was the same. Some players will want to express that in their stories.

The world is beautiful, the lots we do have are very nicely placed and the GC's did a great job. But no excuses, players want more lots.