Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited July 2022
    I hope we can hang out on the bleachers

I love mountain/forest worlds! Remind me of my two favourite places: Canada and Scotland. So glad we’re getting more worlds like this lately :heart:

I’m actually getting major Stars Hollow vibes from this world - I can’t wait to see it in autumn!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,153 Member
    edited July 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I was sort of expecting a desert world too and I still think we might get one in the future because there's a poster in the trailer with a similar cacti and sun design.

I was hoping for one in this pack just because of the kit teaser, but at the same time I was having a hard time putting this pack and that world together. This didn't feel like the theme for introducing that kind of world.

I could go on but I don't want to derail this topic. There will be a thread eventually for the kits, which, unpopular opinion time, I'm excited for.

To get back on topic, the picture you posted fits into what @DaWaterRat and @AncientMuse were talking about and Copperdale having an Appalachian feel. That picture of the cabin and those pine trees remind me of the western parts of North Carolina and Virginia and they would still have four seasons in those areas too.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, really love this world. I agree with others above. It is mixing with some worlds that we have in the game.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Since the content creators created 7 lots, there is always a few empty lots, and the high school looks clearly like an EA build I'm guessing there is about 10 or 11 lots spread across 2 neighbourhoods (3 if the school is in its own).

As such, a like that it mixed well with other American temperate worlds, it can fit with the NOLA worlds (Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest), the PNW worlds (Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook and Moonwood Mills), it could even fit with Brindleton Bay. Overall, it expands the number of lots in these worlds without creating a jarring alien cluster of a few lots that don't mesh with the other worlds like Tartosa and My Komerobi do. I like my community lots being in the "local area" of where my Sims live.

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2022
    @DaniRose2143 and others: I'm very familiar with the highlands of some of the Middle Atlantic/Appalachian mountain states; Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia. Copperdale looks a lot like the prettier towns of that area. Copper was mined in all three of those states at some point, so Copperdale would fit as the name of a town in that area.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Here's a view of State College, Pennsylvania, where the Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) is located.
    ZogP6vR.jpg

Hopefully some of you might think of Charlottesville, Virginia as something other than the location of an ugly, violent white supremacist rally several years ago. The University of Virginia is located there.
    IYFxWDd.jpg

Both these university towns have surrounding areas that are more rural and look a lot like the landscape surrounding Copperdale.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,449 Member
    I guess this world is a mixture of all other "green" world because all teens will have to visit high school there. Sulani, Strangerville and Oasis Springs won't fit with it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited July 2022
    I guess this world is a mixture of all other "green" world because all teens will have to visit high school there. Sulani, Strangerville and Oasis Springs won't fit with it.

Hopefully we can put schools in any world eg Willow creek is where Cassandra Goth goes to.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,736 Member
    Here's a view of State College, Pennsylvania, where the Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) is located.
    ZogP6vR.jpg

Hopefully some of you might think of Charlottesville, Virginia as something other than the location of an ugly, violent white supremacist rally several years ago. The University of Virginia is located there.
    IYFxWDd.jpg

Both these university towns have surrounding areas that are more rural and look a lot like the landscape surrounding Copperdale.

Also looks like Eastern Kentucky. Not the Bluegrass region, but the Eastern Kentucky coalfields. No copper mines, but plenty of coal, lumber, natural gas and other natural resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Kentucky_Coalfield
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    God I love you geology and city nerds! <3
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    @cyncie You're right about the hills of eastern Kentucky. Western Virginia, eastern Tennessee, and much of West Virginia have a similar landscape. I've driven through those areas, but I don't know them well. I think there are hills north of Atlanta, Georgia, too.

@Handel I'd be honored to be considered a "geology and [or] city nerd." I've always enjoyed paying attention to my surroundings.

I'm thinking about turning my Copperdale into a more timeless community, rather than one that's obviously placed in the present day. I'm thinking a town with a boba tea shop next door to a diner, or a thrift shop with the vibe of a downtown department store...on a main street like this one.
    xLbVPBS.jpg
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @MoonlightGraham The mountains in Northern Georgia, Eastern Tennessee, Western North Carolina, up into the Virginias are the Blue Ridge Mountains, but they are a part of the Appalachian chain. Actually I'm not sure if the Virginias are the Blue Ridge Mountains or the Appalachians themselves. Either way the Blue Ridge Mountains are part of the larger Appalachian Mountain range.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see this world at night.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @DaniRose2143 Yep. The mountains in Virginia are almost always called the Blue Ridge. I think that name is used all the way into southeastern Pennsylvania. The Allegheny Mountains are farther west, in West Virginia and up into western Pennsylvania.

I never thought about the Blue Ridge Mts. running as far south as Georgia. I'm from farther north than that, so I know the Middle Atlantic region much better.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @MoonlightGraham They only occupy a very small part of Georgia so it would be easy to forget. I had to look it up to be 100% sure I wasn't completely mistaken.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 2022
    I like the world but it looks like a lot of other worlds we already have. I bought some packs especially for the new world. But in this case it is no selling point for me. America is such a huge country. Aren't there any other regions we don't have in the game?
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Like a lot of you, I like the new world but am concerned about the immersion-breaking nature of sending ALL teens from worlds that obviously don't fit with this to just the one high school in Copperdale. Or, are other teens from other worlds not enrolled in Copperdale High? In which case, you'd have to move to Copperdale in order to get the interactive high school experience, which also doesn't seem great to me. Or can we, as some of you have suggested, build high schools in other worlds--in which case, can we manually select which HS to send our sims to, or do they just default to the one in their world? And if so, what happens to teens whose world has no high school? I have so many questions about how enrollment works!
  • Options
    Like a lot of you, I like the new world but am concerned about the immersion-breaking nature of sending ALL teens from worlds that obviously don't fit with this to just the one high school in Copperdale. Or, are other teens from other worlds not enrolled in Copperdale High? In which case, you'd have to move to Copperdale in order to get the interactive high school experience, which also doesn't seem great to me. Or can we, as some of you have suggested, build high schools in other worlds--in which case, can we manually select which HS to send our sims to, or do they just default to the one in their world? And if so, what happens to teens whose world has no high school? I have so many questions about how enrollment works!

I have a feeling if we want the full interactive school all students everywhere will be forced to this one. We might get local schools but they won't be fully interactive like this one. Or the other problem is it won't work in worlds that don't have a 50x50 or 64x64 lot. I don't like loading screens but I would accept one here if it opened up a sort of Tardis inspired school building. You have a shell that you place in your world, then when you get there you click on the door, you go through the loading screen, now you're inside a school building that is far larger than the outside shell building was. You have to deal with loading screens but it wouldn't require a huge lot which not every world has, or has empty. You could easily place one in every world and each one could be unique to that world. In that scenario I could learn to deal with more loading screens, even though I really don't like them.

I don't see that happening. I have a feeling the school in this case is going to work like the movie studio from Get Famous. Part of that feeling comes from the opening frames of the trailer where you see the girl walking through the front doors and into the school. When it's time for school your student is beamed to the lot outside of the school building where they can hang out and talk and then they enter the school without needing a loading screen and they go about their day.
  • Options
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    I hope there is more substance to this Neighborhood than fluff that I can't even access. Okay to say because WW only had 5 lots because it was a GP, but now we have an EP coming and hope it is not 6 but many more, man, I miss that map editor. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,736 Member
    edited July 2022

Okay. But, lapis lazuli is a real gemstone, though. The guy in my avatar is the proprietor of a mystic tavern called The Blue Moon. He is named Oberon Lazuli. Oberon, after A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Lazuli because of the gem’s intense blue color. Cool they named a lake after him, though. 😆
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    is the ferris wheel functional?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 555 Member
    Patrice wrote: »

It's a functional rabbithole (confirmed woohoo location according to a guru, I believe).
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Patrice wrote: »

It's a functional rabbithole (confirmed woohoo location according to a guru, I believe).

I would assume sims can also ride it. Surely EA wouldn't make the ferris wheel just a woohoo location.