Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    I love small lots. I’m always happy when one or two was included in the world. But this world might have too many small lots. The library lot is really too small.

I know everybody always complains about the food carts. But the shell that has tables outside should have definitely had a food cart inside, like in Tartosa.

I wish that the couch that is by that abandoned bridge maybe had a fire pit or a stereo. Some sort of activity for our teens to do.

They definitely dropped the ball by not having a lot by the pier area. The other lots just feel too far from it to be the drop in point.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,529 Member
    I love small lots. I’m always happy when one or two was included in the world. But this world might have too many small lots. The library lot is really too small.

I know everybody always complains about the food carts. But the shell that has tables outside should have definitely had a food cart inside, like in Tartosa.

I wish that the couch that is by that abandoned bridge maybe had a fire pit or a stereo. Some sort of activity for our teens to do.

They definitely dropped the ball by not having a lot by the pier area. The other lots just feel too far from it to be the drop in point.

I thought the library looked terribly small, but I think it's the design that's making it look small with the too large staircase. But the world looks very pretty, love the picnic area by the water and all the different paths through the woods. Think we might be getting cars soon because of all the parking spaces and gas station in the neighbourhood.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Was the school built by a GameChanger?
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I thought the library looked terribly small, but I think it's the design that's making it look small with the too large staircase. But the world looks very pretty, love the picnic area by the water and all the different paths through the woods. Think we might be getting cars soon because of all the parking spaces and gas station in the neighbourhood.

I think the problem with the library is that it's too tall for the lot it's on so it looks compressed and awkward, especially as it is in the middle of an open area, like a skinny skyscraper in a cornfield. Since the creator wanted a skylight that is taller than the roof, a foundation and two storey windows, the whole thing is about 3.5 stories tall.

I think I would be able to tolerate the small lots more if the town area was actually dense, but all the lots are spread out with a lot of room around them. I would have preferred it if the suburban neighbourhood was laid out in a more gridded fashion, with houses and gardens backing on to each other, like the quarry neighbourhood in Eco Lifestyles, but with the more middle class houses of High School Years.

The superficial thing that annoys me though is how specific lots and lot names (such as the ThrifTea store) are mentioned in the neighbourhood descriptions.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,529 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think the problem with the library is that it's too tall for the lot it's on so it looks compressed and awkward, especially as it is in the middle of an open area, like a skinny skyscraper in a cornfield. Since the creator wanted a skylight that is taller than the roof, a foundation and two storey windows, the whole thing is about 3.5 stories tall.

I think I would be able to tolerate the small lots more if the town area was actually dense, but all the lots are spread out with a lot of room around them. I would have preferred it if the suburban neighbourhood was laid out in a more gridded fashion, with houses and gardens backing on to each other, like the quarry neighbourhood in Eco Lifestyles, but with the more middle class houses of High School Years.

The superficial thing that annoys me though is how specific lots and lot names (such as the ThrifTea store) are mentioned in the neighbourhood descriptions.

The library doesn't stand out from the rest of the buildings with regards to height, but if you look at the lot, one third of it is occupied by the staircase, both inside and outside, so once on the lot you have very little useable space and rooms appear cramped. A re-design will make it look more like a real building and less like a wendy house.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    I'm disappointed apartments weren't added and I realized that the motel is the same from Del Sol Valley/Get Famous. They could have added an apartment complex with a pool in that area.

I'm hoping for a refresher already, they need to demolish that motel from the map.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,146 Member
    I find it odd that this world relies heavily on odd lot sizes and not one empty lot. The empty lot thing is easily solved, but as a builder myself it does bug me a bit to just callously bulldoze someone else's handiwork. There's no work around for small lots other than going vertical. Those of us who really want to build in Copperdale or going to learn to embrace a different build style. Finished basements and/or three story houses are going to become a theme with Copperdale. I don't really want the maxi lots, but half the lots being 30x20 would have been ideal. I do plan to use Copperdale because I love the looks of it even if it's another cookie cutter. It fits the aesthetic I like and I can see it as another ideal world for my werewolves.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,924 Member
    Yeah, it's funny, I too like to have a couple of 20x15 lots sprinkled around here and there. But it's like they heard us all giving that feedback, and said, ok, cool, here's an entire world filled with small lots.

I can't speak for anyone else, but what I really want in most cases is a world filled with a mixture of sizes: mostly 20x30 or 30x40, with a few 20x15 or 20x20, a couple of 40x40 (I actually really miss the square lots in general, I find them more harmonious somehow), and only one or two really large lots. And I want them in places that make sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's funny, I too like to have a couple of 20x15 lots sprinkled around here and there. But it's like they heard us all giving that feedback, and said, ok, cool, here's an entire world filled with small lots.

I can't speak for anyone else, but what I really want in most cases is a world filled with a mixture of sizes: mostly 20x30 or 30x40, with a few 20x15 or 20x20, a couple of 40x40 (I actually really miss the square lots in general, I find them more harmonious somehow), and only one or two really large lots. And I want them in places that make sense.

I thought it was just my OCD and that was alone in loving square lots.🙂 I'm usually good with a single 40x30, a couple of 20x20's, and the rest 30x20 or 30. A maxi lot for a park is sometimes welcome but I rarely use them for anything else, including businesses, and like you only if it makes sense and fits the theme.

I am looking forward to doing some different things with my builds to make up for the lack of space. I can see a lot of my teens living underground, which might be metaphorical if I thought about it long enough.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    Have to say the world looks really gorgeous, just saw James Turner going over it.
    Definitely would have preferred more of a mixture in lot sizes and can also see basements coming into play. Though I loved these for werewolves, not sure about them for just normal residential.
    The school seems a bit empty, though may play differently.
    It's a truly beautiful world though.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 714 Member
    I too have seen James Turner review and I agree with him that there should have been a lot near the fair. Because now if you want to go to the pier you have to travel to a house and then walk a long way.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thrown off by the lot sizes. They just seem off, there are so many tiny lots and the one big one is locked to the high school. I wish there was one good sized lot in the square.

Given I'll wait for a sale before getting it I've got a while to figure it all out though.
  • Options
    @Scrapdash Basements are something I want to experiment with as a way to add some variety. I have seen some really nice fully finished basements with bedrooms irl and this feels like a good time to try them out in game. Since we are limited by so many small lots I want to mix up the ways that I expand to make more room for families. I've never tried to do anything but singles and young couples without kids or pets on 20x15 or 20x20 lots, and equally rare for me are lots that size with a two or three story homes. I have to adapt my ways of building if I want to use Copperdale, so I'll embrace it as an opportunity to grow as a builder.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,924 Member

I thought it was just my OCD and that was alone in loving square lots.🙂 I'm usually good with a single 40x30, a couple of 20x20's, and the rest 30x20 or 30. A maxi lot for a park is sometimes welcome but I rarely use them for anything else, including businesses, and like you only if it makes sense and fits the theme.

I am looking forward to doing some different things with my builds to make up for the lack of space. I can see a lot of my teens living underground, which might be metaphorical if I thought about it long enough.

It might or might not be OCD, but you are definitely not alone! And when we do have rectangle lots, I really wish they would make them long rather than wide (which is what they usually do), because I would much rather build a small to medium sized house and then have a big backyard (as opposed to lots of side yard, if anything).

I don't mind the idea of homes with basements, I'm just absolutely terrible at building them. I think I've managed to add one successfully a grand total of one time. But if there are good ones on the gallery, I may very well end up using some.
  • Options

It might or might not be OCD, but you are definitely not alone! And when we do have rectangle lots, I really wish they would make them long rather than wide (which is what they usually do), because I would much rather build a small to medium sized house and then have a big backyard (as opposed to lots of side yard, if anything).

I don't mind the idea of homes with basements, I'm just absolutely terrible at building them. I think I've managed to add one successfully a grand total of one time. But if there are good ones on the gallery, I may very well end up using some.

I prefer backyards too. I also find that I prefer 30x40 lots to be on corners if I'm going with downloading somebody else's lot. I'll mess up and forget to look at the pictures in the gallery before I download it and the long side will face the street but the porch and the front door are on the short side. Sometimes I can fix that, sometimes I can't. That's another reason I love square lots.

My biggest problem doing up basements is making them too big. Trying to add one under an existing home is something I usually avoid, it's such a pain placing the stairs more often than not. Ladders in the house just feel wrong too. Where, oh where, are our spiral stairs when we need them. They may be a short lived thing but I do want to have ideas to keep from making the same thing over and over.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 714 Member
    The problem with basements is also that if they are larger than the house they are considered like being «outdoor» by the game. So in winter the Sims will put their winter garnments on going in the basement
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I'm disappointed apartments weren't added and I realized that the motel is the same from Del Sol Valley/Get Famous. They could have added an apartment complex with a pool in that area.

I'm hoping for a refresher already, they need to demolish that motel from the map.

In the trailer we saw the akward sim in a pool but I haven't seen one. I may drop a Pool lot on that empty lot.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Yes it was.
  • Options
    This world is gorgeous.
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »
    The problem with basements is also that if they are larger than the house they are considered like being «outdoor» by the game. So in winter the Sims will put their winter garnments on going in the basement

I didn't know that. It is useful information. I haven't tried making the basement bigger because I'm afraid when I play with cut out walls the sky will show and break the feel.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited July 2022

Yes it was.

James mentioned the Auditorium and School were built by EA. @ 2:42
    https://youtu.be/7NVPrs-A86g?t=162
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    ...explains the cafeteria. I'm fine with everything else but MAN that cafeteria.

Also the basement is baren. Probably will need a remodel but I kinda want to tie it in with how much money the collective community has to be able to afford a reno.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lilsimsie had a redesigned school in her video. I'm hoping she uploads it to the Gallery because everything seemed to flow much better. The cafeteria was a separate room. The entire school was a bit smaller and students didn't seem to walk so much to get anywhere.

eifSYlc.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lilsimsie had a redesigned school in her video. I'm hoping she uploads it to the Gallery because everything seemed to flow much better. The cafeteria was a separate room. The entire school was a bit smaller and students didn't seem to walk so much to get anywhere.

So has Deligracy. She made a cute little modern school.
    My own cafeteria is going to be small. We will se how it plays.
    07-16-22_10-20-19_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I guess I’m in the minority that loves small lots and wished for more of them lol. 😅 I’m loving this new world haha.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif