Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited March 2021
    @JordanNicoleJJ I am tempted to do a full family tree update with traits but I think I might have slacked off a few generations back. I'm planning for my next update to be an "around the town" sort of deal so nothing too exciting. I am, however, excited to see your update!

@debjameswhite yeah the short life span has really messed up everything and every other day poor Lychee is getting calls that someone has passed away. What was your custom lifespan formula you set up with MCCC? I might need to adopt it.
  • Options
    WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    I might have a small update to post. I'm gonna go through the screenshots and see if it's enough to share :) Hope all of you are doing alright! We're going to have two really warm days over here in the next week and I'm planning to enjoy the sun a bit and try not to get sunburned

@OJenn Carly stole my heart as well! Her stinky self is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cute but I fear she looks too much like Henry. Hopefully, that'll change a bit when she grows older :)

Aww, Dori is so cute <3 When she told her twin all about Winterfest :D OMG, how stunning is Dori???? <3 Did you upload her and Nemo yet?

I admire you for actually going through all of your CC/mods. I rarely do that but sometimes I have to as my games starts crashing or townies have weird outfits. But I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.
    I loved the trip to Mt Komorebi! Dori was definitely into this :D That shot of Mt Komorebi though <3 I hate it when sims beg for the life of a loved one and Grim is having none of it! So understandable that the twins are devastated.

@Heckstress17 Melrose and her husband Gabriel (which you absolutely adore :D) are so cute with their twin boys. The update on her brothers though :D There's always some action in your family for sure :) Oh noo, so sad Thalia is gone :(
    Oh wow, the boys really look a lot like their father! They are still cute though. Maybe they get some more features from Melrose once they age into teens? Haha, Meric and Poppy :D They're always good for entertainment :D

@JordanNicoleJJ I hope you're getting enough time to relax with all those extra shifts!
    Haha, Thalia got pregnant so fast, I wasn't even able to take more pictures before Carly was born :D I think you're right about genetics. So far, Finn seems to be the best mix. Maybe when they get older, I get surprised by genetics^^
    Yes please, give us all the big update!! I only have a tiny update to post, but I guess I'll give you that one in return :)

@debjameswhite Carly is definitely someone special. Maybe it's her stinky "trait" but yeah, she is super cute :D
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    I do have a small update on my family. I used all the spare time I had to play a bit and spoiler Carly aged into a kid :)

Generation 3
    Chapter 4

In case I never mentioned this, after graduating Thalia decided to become a fashion photographer. Thankfully, her family was happy enough to model for the shootings she needed to do for her clients.
    g9P5cvu.png
    pVRMxxv.png
    0HurfN7.png
    LzCyyRw.png

As for the kids, Finn has the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. He likes drawing and is a bookworm which is really fitting as I rolled all his traits and career once he had aged into a kid.
    So once Finn turns into a young adult, he wants to be a Bestselling Author while working as a Detective. His traits will be Bookworm, Child of the Islands, and Loner.
    kEfGcNv.png
    KjVPDsp.png

Quinn got the Social Butterfly aspiration as a kid while being a Music Lover like her dad. Her aspiration for later is Beach Life and she wants to become a Civic Planner once she grows up. Her traits will be Music Lover, Noncommittal, and Childish.
    She already befriended two other kids at school: Darin (who aged into a teen a few days later) and Olive.
    fJMQbeB.png
    4q6kZiF.png

Carly was sad her big sister didn't spend much time with her but thankfully big brother Finn was there to cheer her up :)
    O8VCfBx.png
    tx3Jduo.png

Winterfest was around the corner, so the twins decorated the tree together. Quinn seemed to have the most fun but both of them worked on the tree.
    QIYZl2p.png
    K8iROMx.png
    S33JHal.png

Some time later, Thalia and Henry added the finishing touches and some presents.
    pbeJiOP.png

Once it was time to open the presents, everyone was around the tree and the kids, especially still stinky Carly, were excited.
    I think Carly loved her present :)
    fMB9WWh.png
    qZraBmn.png
    jg2LB7N.png
    J2u5uQ3.png
    khC2ppV.png

Also, Father Winter showed up. He is not the typical guy you would expect I guess :D
    CroYnKN.png

Of course the kids got their presents.
    CkMspGG.png
    exwXat3.png

Carly feared she hadn't been a good toddler and Thalia tried to make her feel loved, but Father Winter even loved her even as a stinking toddler and of course gave her a present (how about a bath instead? :D)
    mWQlAfV.png
    w0XqmF0.png
    h4rUtjL.png

But a day later it was time for Carly to age into a kid. She doesn't seem to be too excited.
    CnCJUJh.png

Here is she looking at her mom, wondering if she can take a shower once she grows up. Someone is excited to age up now :D
    KC3HBKj.png

Carly rolled the Rambunctious Scamp trait while being a geek. Besides barely being aged into a kid, she has plans for her adult life: Her ultimate goal is to be a Super Parent while her career choice is Patron of the Arts. Her traits will be Geek, Outgoing, and Unflirty.
    I wonder if her being a constantly stinking toddler has anything to do with her traits and aspirations though :D

Here is another comparison with all kids. I have to admit, I absolutely adore Carly but I'm still uncertain if she is a good genetic mix. I think she does look a bit like Thalia. What do you think?
    1QKmH0h.png
    OiwhBq4.png
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy - Hooray for Winterfest!! It looks like Father Winter has gotten a little too into the spirit with his green tree beard :lol: To me Carly has her mom's eyes for sure and dad's lips and hair. Carly for heir ♥
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 4

Alright I'm finally back with an update! I haven't been able to play for like a month, because, well...
    1.png

This poor kid put in WORK to keep the dust level down (meanwhile Thad is hugging a trashbag.......I always forget he's a "recycle disciple" :lol: ), but alas, Bust the Dust kit broke my game and made it unplayable. BUT the patch fixed my issues and I binge-played for days, so buckle up for this long update :lol:
    2.png

As soon as I loaded up my game, I realized I left off on Winterfest, which I knew wasn't going be very "festive" since I couldn't cram a tree into the tiny apartment. I did my best...at least they had a grand breakfast, presents, and a few decorations :sweat_smile:
    3.png

Piper passed around the presents (presumably shoved through the nonexistent mail slot by Father Winter). The presents weren't that great and immediately got sold as usual :tongue:
    4.png

After presents, the family headed to Grim's Quarry to spend the afternoon skilling. It seemed like the rest of the family had the same idea, because Storm, Thalia, and Blaze were there as well :smiley: Thalia and Piper have a great relationship and played chess most of the day.
    5.png

Little Owen flitted around doing his own thing. He blew bubbles (the one present I let him keep lol) in the common room for awhile.
    6.png

Since I finally remembered Thad is a recycle disciple, I've been having him hoard trash and take it to the community space to recycle lol. He had a blast! (And we got those sweet sweet bits & pieces for fabrication :smirk: )
    7.png

8.png

Storm helped Thad out with a complex fabrication project (he's skill level 9 - so close to maxing it!), while Owen finally got around to working on his own aspiration. He drew a bunch of pictures for his room :smile:
    9.png

Back at home, he continued working on his aspiration and knocked out the music part. You might also notice something new in the background...
    10.png

Owen got a super cool loft bed from his grandparents for Winterfest :sunglasses: I had to do some fiddling to make the little reading nook underneath work, but its totally playable! Owen often sits down there to do his homework or play with toys :blush:
    11.png

A couple days later, I was utterly shocked to receive this notification - Miss Kitty is already an elder :bawling:
    12.png

And as expected, she immediately needed to go to the vet for some random illness. Poor elder cats always get sick :confused: Piper picked up a bunch of wellness treats while they were there, so hopefully Miss Kitty won't need to go back anytime soon.
    13.png

After making sure Miss Kitty got the best treatment & was comfy back at home, Piper took Owen down to the park for some more skill building. As usual, Piper's bff Melrose was already there playing chess. Piper joined in, and by the end, they had quite an audience! Who knew chess was so exciting lol.
    14.png

I was also SUPER excited to finally see Mel's daughter, Eva Jones (her father is gene pool mate Dylan Jones), out in the world! :smiley:
    15.png

Of course I immediately made Owen befriend her :lol: I think Eva is the more social of the two, or maybe Owen was just shy cause she's so pretty :wink: Still, they managed to become friends.
    16.png

Eventually Mel and Eva had to leave, and Piper made sure Owen and his cousins (yes those are all cousins from some relation or another lol) did their homework.
    17.png

Owen's really not a very social kid, but I'm glad he at least got to meet some cousins. The kid standing in the back of this pic (behind Owen) is actually gene pool mate Gabriel Walker's son and I think it shows, he already looks like a clone of his daddy :lol:
    18.png

Winter Break (New Years weekend) came and the family decided to take a trip to Mount Komorebi. Thad hadn't been since he was a kid, but he loved sightseeing there and wanted to give Owen the same experience. They stayed at a SimB&B in the newer part of town.
    19.png

The first thing neat-freak Owen did was autonomously vacuum the living room, what an ideal SimB&B renter :lol: Meanwhile Thad tried to relax and work on his own aspiration for once (I keep forgetting he wants to be a 'lord of the knits' lol) ... though I'm not sure how relaxing it was with the vacuum sounds :tongue:
    20.png

After the rental home was sufficient cleaned to Owen's standards, he and Piper took a walk around the neighborhood and took some pictures. Mount Komorebi is such a pretty world :love:
    21.png

22.png

Owen even met Yamachan, who gifted him his very first simmi capsule!
    23.png

It was a super rare one too?? I mean, thanks Yamachan :lol:
    24.png

They did a little dance and posed for a pic :lol:
    25.png

Thad finally finished his knitting project (some socks for plopsy) and caught up with them, and they tried out ice skating at the local rink. To absolutely no one's surprise, they were awful at it :lol:
    26.png

That night, a blizzard hit Mount Komorebi and covered the ground in a thick layer of snow - perfect for some winter fun!
    27.png

The Greenes woke up bright and early to hit the slopes. Well, Thad hit the slopes. Owen was too scared, and Piper's too much of an indoorsy person (she has the Indoorsy lifestyle lol).
    28.png

Thad had a tiny bit of snowboarding skill from his childhood vacation to Mount Komorebi, and he actually did pretty good on the easy slopes!
    29.png

Like father like son, Owen was the ultimate tourists and took selfies with every Yamachan statue/mascot he saw lol.
    30.png

As much as she did not want to be part of the "outdoor fun," Piper didn't want Owen to miss out, so she offered to take him sledding on the bunny slopes.
    31.png

Owen had a blast! Piper...not so much lol.
    32.png

When they reached the bottom of the slope and Piper realized she wasn't going to die, she thought it was kind of fun after all :wink:
    33.png

Still, they opted to go on a nature walk rather than try the slopes again lol. It was a great mother-son bonding hike :heart:
    34.png

35.png

At the end of the hike, they found an old shrine and took a million pictures like the tourists they are lol.
    36.png

37.png

Around lunchtime, they all met up at the ski lift for a bite of food. I'm happy to report that @Kiwicantdie 's River is still rocking the pink outfits even as an NPC. It truly is his color :lol:
    38.png

The snow festival started shortly after they ate, and Piper helped Owen make a snow pal. She may have ended up doing all most of the work :tongue:
    39.png

Owen was so proud of "his" snowpal and had to get a pic with it lol.
    40.png

The playground made of ice captured Owen's attention for the rest of the evening, so Thad & Piper finally got some alone time together.
    41.png

At some point they realized, with Owen getting older & busier and their own careers getting , they were never going to find the "right time" for a proper wedding. They decided to just elope right then and there!
    42.png

43.png

The festival organizers timed the fireworks perfectly :wink:
    44.png

Word travels quick - they no more got back to the rental & got in their pjs before best friend Melrose sent a congrats text :lol:
    45.png

The family vacation turned into a honeymoon real quick :smirk:
    46.png

47.png

They were supposed to head home the next morning, but Thad expended the vacation for an extra day so Owen could experience the festival of youth, which was conveniently held just down the street! Plus, he really wanted to try the fancy ice cream lol.
    48.png

Owen immediately jumped in on the "voidcritter hunt" and spent all day running around the festival grounds looking for digital voidcritters.
    49.png

At some point he acquired this adorable little origami hat?? I think it came from a vending machine but Idk, whatever it is, it's adorable and I love it lol.
    50.png

I was so worried he wouldn't complete the challenge in time (it literally took ALL DAY) but he squeezed in the last voidcritter at the last second and sprinted to catch Yamachan before he left. He got another simmi capsule as a prize!!
    51.png

And it was another rare one! I think the simmi capsules are so cute, they're my favorite collectible by far.
    52.png

Since they had another night at Mount Komorebi, they had dinner at a local sushi restaurant. (I grabbed this restaurant off the gallery and love it! If anyone's interested and I can try to track down the creator next time I'm in-game)
    53.png

Thad and Owen's sushi was amazing, but poor Piper's looking like someone threw up on it :flushed:
    54.png

Yeah, it definitely gave her food poisoning :grimace: Though she was in and out of the bathroom all night, she thankfully survived lol.
    55.png

Owen stayed up super late "reading under the covers" (a new interaction I think? It raised his creativity skill!). I don't think he ever wanted the vacation to end lol.
    56.png

But they did have to go home - I'm sure Miss Kitty missed them as much as Thad missed her (well...let's be real, she probably loved having the house to herself lol). Thankfully whoever "pet-sitted" did a great job, and if anything she actually seems better behaved now :sweat_smile:
    57.png

A couple days after settling in, Owen's favorite and only uncle Augustus came over to hear about their trip, give his congratulations on Thad and Piper's surprise marriage, AND to wish Thad a happy birthday as it's finally time for his adult bday!
    58.png

Augustus even offered to babysit so Thad and Piper could go out to a nice birthday dinner, just the two of them :blush:
    59.png

Of course they went to the Greene family's favorite restaurant, Anavrin.
    60.png

61.png

They had a nice time and tried a couple of new, experimental dishes. Piper was thrilled to not be poisoned this time lol.
    62.png

They picked up a chocolate cake on the way home so Owen could be part of the celebration. Miss Kitty inserted herself into the party as well lol.
    63.png

64.png

He promptly got an adult makeover, I removed some of his younger-looking outfits and gave him some new ones (shown below). He got a new haircut (I'm loving these updated base game hairs, I hope they do it to all/most of them!) & shave too.
    65.png

Thad made sure Piper didn't think he would be any less of a lover in his middle age, these love birds aren't slowing down anytime soon :wink:
    66.png

67.png

68.png

Speaking of love, Love Day was just around the corner! The Jones' invited Thad over for a playdate with Eva so Thad and Piper could go on a love day date and came to pick him up just before dinnertime.
    69.png

Owen had a love day gift for Eva - a pretty flower. He saw his dad give one to his mom and thought it was the proper thing to do :blush:
    70.png

Eva loved it :heart: (I'm so rooting for them to be high school sweethearts...even if he has to end up with a gene pool mate eventually lol)
    71.png

Thad and Piper then traveled all the way back to Mount Komorebi to celebrate love day as well as the festival of light! Their first order of business was to try the cute fish-shaped cakes one can only get at the festival.
    72.png

73.png

They then made wishes and hung them on the wishing tree. (This is so cute, I love this festival!)
    74.png

As the sun went down and the lanterns were lit, they donned traditional clothing and went to pay their respects at the graveyard. They may not have known those sims, but it felt like the right thing to do. They also honored their own ancestors, those who have passed on and those who would pass soon - Aiyden & Iris, Haven & Suri, Storm & Thalia.
    75.png

They had a late flight back to Evergreen Harbor, but as they ran to catch the plane, they stopped for one more very romantic kiss on the bridge :heart:
    76.png

That's all for now. Happy simming! :smiley:
    77.png
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    @Ojenn - Awww, poor family when Hayden died. Don't worry, she's alive and well in my game!! Still waiting for her little girl to age into a toddler to show you though. Well done Nemo on working on that Mt Komorebi aspiration - I had the twins work on that and the problem with swimming in the river for an hour is when you try doing it in the middle of winter!! Poor girls almost froze :lol: I'm guessing that Dori's hairstyle disappeared in the CC purge - that's a shame, I liked it!
    @MayaRose1138 Look how good he still looks. I really miss Heath :D I love seeing the vet clinic in action. Ooo I hate that when they get in the pool in winter. I almost lost my sims too many times with that! Oh...well I'm glad they got Brooke warmed up. I love the look on Lia's face! hehe I love her. It's too bad nothing developed with William, he's a cutie! The knitting spots are getting nuts.

Heath just loves parading around like that :Lol: He's still got the body for it too! Lia has the best faces :) They're probably not for the reasons I state but it's fun to imagine they are!! I agree - with Lia knitting on the toilet, and Lyric in the Onsen, I'm thinking there's a few glitches around :sweat_smile:

@Wentcrazy - oh my goodness, Father Winter with a green beard! How on earth did that happen??? Carly aged up really cute. I think she's probably got the best mix so far but it's hard to tell facial features until they're a teen.

@JordanNicoleJJ - wow, what an update! I'm glad your game is no longer broken! Owen seems to be doing a very good job cleaning up all the dust, even in their rental. It's good that Thad had a great time in the snow, even if the rest of his family weren't all that keen on the sporting side of things. I haven't played the Festival of Youth yet because my sims were teens when they went but the Voidcritter game sounds hectic! I hadn't realised that Thad and Piper weren't married yet - congrats to them! I almost thought you were going to announce a nooboo on the way after that but even with the loft bed, there's not enough room :lol:
  • Options
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.19
    Winter was a slow time for the vet clinic, and Fawn and Julia took advantage of that to have some fun in the snow. Meanwhile, Heath decided that shovelling snow around the side of the clinic was worth his time :lol:
    03-13-21_4-57-12-pm.png
    03-21-21_3-08-39-pm.png
    Lia realised that Lyric was really serious about Alec and so decided to have a chat about woohoo. It went about as well as you would expect!
    03-21-21_1-48-33-pm.png
    Fortunately, Winter was on hand to make Lyric forget her embarrassment and continue to work towards becoming Companions.
    03-21-21_1-56-50-pm.png
    The next day was Leo and Brooke's YA birthday. William came around too and for some reason, seemed very comfortable being in the bathroom while Brooke was in there. (and as usual, so was one of the cats :lol:)
    03-21-21_3-47-19-pm.png
    Leo and Brooke both aged up exactly the same. Leo gained the Slob trait, and got a career as a Tech Guru. He turned out really nicely :)
    03-21-21_3-51-19-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-00-08-pm.png
    Interestingly, Leo and Brooke chose to sit apart from everyone else.
    03-21-21_3-52-34-pm.png
    The Emersons decided to go back to Mt Komorebi for another vacation. This rental house seemed to be a little more glitched though.
    03-21-21_4-10-51-pm.png
    They all decided to go out for dinner that night, and Leo decided that was the best time to propose to Brooke!!! Ivy was watching the whole thing over her shoulder and definitely approved.
    03-21-21_4-20-38-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-22-20-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-22-33-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-22-52-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-23-09-pm.png
    When they all went back home later, Leo and Brooke decided to celebrate!
    03-21-21_4-14-39-pm.png
    Meanwhile, the cats decided to sleep on Lyric's bed :lol:
    03-21-21_4-16-05-pm.png
    The next morning, Ivy decided to do some cooking. She had barely started before the stove caught on fire! Fortunately, Lyric was right there and started putting it out before I'd even realised something was wrong! Not long after, Ivy also grabbed a fire extinguisher, and Leo and Lia came from nowhere to help too!
    03-21-21_4-33-42-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-34-35-pm.png
    Afterwards, Leo greeted his fiancee with a kiss, before Brooke went and had breakfast with Ivy. Those two are becoming good friends.
    03-21-21_4-36-52-pm.png
    03-21-21_4-09-57-pm.png
    To finish this update, Leo and Brooke decided to elope at the Festival of Snow. They didn't want to wait for evening, and Leo's family weren't real good about paying attention, but it didn't matter because they were now husband and wife :blush:
    03-26-21_5-25-42-pm.png
    03-26-21_5-25-57-pm.png
    03-26-21_5-26-43-pm.png
    03-26-21_5-27-45-pm.png
    03-26-21_5-27-54-pm.png
    Later that afternoon, however, Brooke didn't seem to be feeling all that well...
    03-27-21_4-30-50-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yay, finally got an update done! I still have enough for one more because I was able to play through to the twins' birthday! Hopefully I'll get that out sometime during the week.

Townie updates: Thad Greene has got one of my test sims, Miki, pregnant! Cleo Greene is having a baby with her husband Tate. Fawn and Jonas are pregnant with their third boy, and their second son Kayden aged into a child (but I don't have a pic). I do have some toddler pics though.

Hayden's daughter Yvette:
    03-21-21_2-12-52-pm.png

Clara Austin's daughter Justina:
    03-28-21_4-49-10-pm.png

Emilia Austin's daughter Julia (who is a mermaid):
    03-28-21_4-49-18-pm.png
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 - I am debating going to look for some braided hairstyles for Dori. My CC purges are only temporary :lol:

I love Winter and the season of Winter in your game. Lyric is still definitely my favorite even if Winter looks like she is giving her major side eye :lol: Happy birthday to Leo and Brooke. He reminds me alot of Lia too which isn't bad ♥ Congrats on their engagement too they are so cute together! Ah yes the firefighters at work, Lyric saving Ivy is so sweet. Although in that first pic Ivy looked a little oblivious to the flames starting :lol: Hooray for a winter wedding, such a nice way to end the trip too. My guess is Brooke has a nooboo on the way to add to the cute toddlers already around town. I love Yvette ♥
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    !Townie Update!
    So the twins have a few days before their birthdays and I thought I'd check up on the townies and clean up the messy ages/aging
    I also went on a downloading spree for homes to give sims that are Greene relatives who may live in other towns. I'd love to decorate homes for them but I sadly don't have the time. I will have to backtrack and redecorate the homes in Evergreen Harbor...eventually.

Krysta Greene, who is the granddaughter of Aiyden and Iris' son Atlas now lives in Widenburg with her daughter Jennie
    42e605d7f3.jpg

Meanwhile in San Myshuno Atlas's other grandaughter is a widow living with her daughter, Whitley
    b3b0b08c96.jpg

Maximillian, Hayden's grandson from Bramble, is living his best life in Sulani.
    2fcd445dec.jpg

Speaking of Bramble, after losing Charlotte he picked up everything and took his daughter Bailey to Oasis Springs
    c20004c8f1.jpg

Back in Port Promise things aren't looking so great. Eileen, Thalia's daughter, passed away. Which left Jaleesa, her eldest daughter to care for her siblings.
    452be5b1fd.jpg

The youngest Kathy was taking the loss of her mom pretty hard
    c970cc13e5.jpg

While evil brother, Johnnie seemed almost thrilled
    a30f334fe2.jpg

Lychee's big sister Olive is on her second marriage and currently pregnant with her third child. She ended up taking their childhood home once Hayden passed away. I'd say it's in good hands ♥ Adalyn's days as the baby are numbered :lol:
    56f4360b2d.jpg

Chaz is almost a young adult so there will be room for the nooboo soon
    03a66e2f41.jpg
    I hope to have a birthday update soon for the twins, Happy Simming!
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy I love that Thalia is a fashion photographer! Her family makes great models lol. Based on long-term traits/aspirations I'm so torn between Finn and Quinn! I love that Finn wants to be a detective + author (maybe he writes true crime stories after the cases are solved lol), plus his bookworm and loner traits are relatable. But Quinn's Civic Planner career is a good fit for Evergreen Harbor, and that noncommittal trait will probably inspire some drama (or the Free Love NAP!). The Winterfest holiday looked great, and Stinky Carly didn't even look too stinky this time! Did she finally get a bath? :lol: Father Winter got extra festive and dyed his beard green like a Christmas tree, that's all :wink: Ope there goes stinky Carly's stink again :joy: She's so cute though!! How is such a stinky baby so cute?! Oh my gosh. I love her aspirations/traits - Super Parent is obviously perfect for this challenge but Unflirty could make that more challenging, and I always always love a Geek sim lol. Plus she's sooo cute! I think her skintone is a mix of her parents, it looks a bit darker than Henry's but maybe a bit lighter than Thalia's? She def got mama's eyes & nose, with dad's hair color & lips. I honestly think she's a decent genetic mix, as much as Finn who looks almost all Henry except for Thalia's hair/skin color, and Quinn who looks almost all Thalia except for Henry's eyes. Stinky Carly for heir! (or honestly any of them, I love them all so much lol)

@MayaRose1138 If you do the Festival of Youth, I recommend showing up and starting the voidcritter hunt as soon as it starts, because you have to find 10 voidcritters, it takes maybe 30 mins for each voidcritter (more if you search an area and don't find one) and the festival only goes til 6 pm, so it was definitely a time crunch lol. With as much as Thad & Piper have been woohooing in my game, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if MCC kicked in with a surprise nooboo! But now that Owen is only a couple days away from being a teen, I don't really want another baby/toddler in the house. I'm kinda ready to move on to gen 5 and get out of the tiny apartment lol.

I love that Fawn and Julia had some fun in the snow at work, Heath & Lia must be super nice bosses to let them take a break to make snow pals/snow angels lol. Oh no the woohoo talk :grimace: Congrats to Leo & Brooke on their birthdays AND engagement!! So happy for them! Festivals are great places to elope, great minds think alike :wink: Yay, Brooke's expecting a nooboo! I can't wait to see it!!

@OJenn I loved this townie update! Your worlds always feel so real with your amazing builds & little updates on the extended families. Can't wait for your next update!
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @OJenn
    Baby – 2
    Toddler – 7
    Child – 13
    Teen – 20
    Young Adult – 36
    Adult – 48
    Elder – 15
  • Options
    Thanks @debjameswhite will be sure to update it when I get in game next time ❤️
  • Options
    This week got a little busier than I expected! Hopefully I should be able to get two updates out fairly soon, one of which will have Lyric moving out into her new home :).
    @MayaRose1138 If you do the Festival of Youth, I recommend showing up and starting the voidcritter hunt as soon as it starts, because you have to find 10 voidcritters, it takes maybe 30 mins for each voidcritter (more if you search an area and don't find one) and the festival only goes til 6 pm, so it was definitely a time crunch lol. With as much as Thad & Piper have been woohooing in my game, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if MCC kicked in with a surprise nooboo! But now that Owen is only a couple days away from being a teen, I don't really want another baby/toddler in the house. I'm kinda ready to move on to gen 5 and get out of the tiny apartment lol.

I love that Fawn and Julia had some fun in the snow at work, Heath & Lia must be super nice bosses to let them take a break to make snow pals/snow angels lol. Oh no the woohoo talk :grimace: Congrats to Leo & Brooke on their birthdays AND engagement!! So happy for them! Festivals are great places to elope, great minds think alike :wink: Yay, Brooke's expecting a nooboo! I can't wait to see it!! !

Duly noted. I should be writing down all the things I discovered/am told about in case I forget but hopefully, that one will stay in my head. I do know that I can’t get there too early though, or at least can’t have the camera on the lot, because the festival doesn’t start. I did that with the Festival of Snow and the decorations didn’t appear until I planned away and then back again!

It’s frustrating that you can’t control the employees at the vet clinic. They can be wasting time like that, then along comes a client and while Heath or Lia is talking to the sim, Fawn comes in and takes the pet away for examining! If the nooboo is super cute, I’m going to regret not picking Leo as heir 😏. But I’m leaning towards picking a boy for the next gen because of the hair colours of the two females in the gene pool. Now watch as I get all girls for this generation 🤣.
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - I am debating going to look for some braided hairstyles for Dori. My CC purges are only temporary :lol:

I love Winter and the season of Winter in your game. Lyric is still definitely my favorite even if Winter looks like she is giving her major side eye :lol: Happy birthday to Leo and Brooke. He reminds me alot of Lia too which isn't bad ♥ Congrats on their engagement too they are so cute together! Ah yes the firefighters at work, Lyric saving Ivy is so sweet. Although in that first pic Ivy looked a little oblivious to the flames starting :lol: Hooray for a winter wedding, such a nice way to end the trip too. My guess is Brooke has a nooboo on the way to add to the cute toddlers already around town. I love Yvette ♥

Have you got any good hairstyle creators that you would recommend? I have very little CC in my game so far, and no hairstyles, so I’d like some ideas!

There are times Ivy comes across as a little scatterbrained 😂. She was even slower than me at realising about the fire! Yes, Brooke has a nooboo on the way. Interestingly, she couldn’t TFB on the double bed (it said there were too many sims in the household even though she was in a household on her own - maybe that was because I was using Leo to click on it) but Leo could click on her and the option was there.

My age settings are similar to @debjameswhite:
    Baby - 2
    Toddler - 7
    Child - 13
    Teen - 13
    YA - 35
    Adult - 35
    Elder - 18

And I’ve set the cat age span for around 35 days so that they should survive a whole generation :)
  • Options
    Townie update! I'm actually about a week ahead in my game of where my updates are, but I thought I'd post these anyway :)

Thad Greene had baby girl Kaydence with my test sim Miki.
    04-03-21_4-09-25-pm.png

Cleo Greene had Amber with her husband Tate.
    04-03-21_4-09-53-pm.png

Yvette (Hayden's daughter) aged to a child.
    04-03-21_4-10-17-pm.png

Fawn and Jonas' second and third sons, Kayden and Rowan.
    04-03-21_4-10-51-pm.png
    04-03-21_4-10-59-pm.png

And Clara Austin's daughter Lyla is a teen.
    04-03-21_4-11-27-pm.png

Also, Ryder and River Greene finally got married! Ryder married Chanel Call and gained two step-daughters. River married Mallory Niu. And Rory Austin, after getting at least one woman pregnant, married Cecilia Landgraab.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.20

The final Generation 1 chapter! I can't believe it took me 20 updates to get here!! Next update, Lyric takes over :)
    Beware - if anyone is looking at the family tree, there are now spoilers on there!!

On their way to completing the Mt Komorebi Sightseerer aspiration (because, why not?), Lyric and Ivy tried to eat food with chopsticks.
    Lyric seemed to do a little better than Ivy :lol:
    03-26-21_6-55-39-pm.png
    03-26-21_6-55-12-pm.png
    Then it was time for some more activities. Heath tried his hand at sledding, as did Lyric and Alec, although theirs didn't end as well!
    03-26-21_7-01-26-pm.png
    03-26-21_7-03-28-pm.png
    03-26-21_7-04-05-pm.png
    Then it was onto the slopes. Alec wasn't sure about trying anything but the bunny slopes, but Lyric headed for the Advanced slope.
    It didn't go completely to plan :sweat_smile:
    03-26-21_7-01-35-pm.png
    03-27-21_5-24-52-pm.png
    03-27-21_5-25-11-pm.png
    03-27-21_6-47-16-pm.png
    03-27-21_6-48-11-pm.png
    Ivy had another go on the snowboard but after a fall, decided to give up and do some homework :lol:
    03-27-21_5-29-03-pm.png
    03-27-21_6-42-25-pm.png
    03-27-21_6-42-52-pm.png
    After all that exercise, they decided to go for a hike. Brooke stayed at home because she wasn't feeling well...
    03-26-21_7-08-03-pm.png
    They arrived at the temple and made a wish each. Lyric also made sure to take a selfie :sweat_smile:
    03-27-21_3-20-18-pm.png
    03-27-21_3-20-33-pm.png
    Ivy came across some spirits but unfortunately, wasn't able to catch one :(
    03-27-21_6-54-01-pm.png
    And of course, they couldn't resist making an echo at the cave (or the well, I forget which!)
    03-27-21_3-22-54-pm.png
    Then it was back in time for New Year's Eve celebrations! Harley is extremely unimpressed :lol:
    03-27-21_4-45-03-pm.png
    03-27-21_4-46-11-pm.png
    Lyric and Alec are such a lovely couple. They're autonomously romantic but are also good friends.
    03-27-21_6-57-10-pm.png
    03-28-21_3-47-06-pm.png
    03-28-21_4-12-58-pm.png
    Heath made sure to get to know his future son-in-law, while Alec was making sure to impress him :lol:
    03-28-21_3-58-37-pm.png
    03-28-21_4-09-08-pm.png
    And finally it was time for the twins and Alec to age up!!
    03-28-21_5-03-32-pm.png
    03-28-21_5-05-38-pm.png
    03-28-21_5-07-55-pm.png
    Ivy is now a self-assured bookworm who enjoys the outdoors, and will join the Conservationist career.
    03-28-21_5-14-27-pm.png
    Lyric is an art-loving, active geek who will join the writing career.
    03-28-21_5-24-15-pm.png
    And Alec is a perfectionist, romantic genius who will become a Tech Guru. His aspiration is The Curator.
    03-28-21_5-13-08-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yay, I made it!! I can't believe it took that long but at least I've got one generation down :sweat_smile: . Next update will start generation 2's reign, with a house tour and probably nearly a week of pics (since there wasn't really much happening :lol:).
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Congrats @MayaRose1138 on making it to the end of Gen 1! I can't wait to see the house tour!
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Speaking of House Tours I have one of my own :) this took a long time because Dory kept getting the poor decoration moodlet. I tried to fix it but eventually gave up and turned off the setting
    fa86ddb1e6.jpg

41e11c5aeb.jpg

c448dd9760.jpg

73e6b5ca18.jpg

f7a19d8006.jpg

9aa836f216.jpg

958983862f.jpg

5d4b79c1ce.jpg

2b2cfdd0f7.jpg

4944b0639c.jpg

d168bcbfea.jpg

4b5c222d1b.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats @MayaRose1138 on making it to the end of Gen 1! I can't wait to see the house tour!

Thank you! One house tour coming up! (although, I still can't seem to get the pics as good as yours!!)

I picked plan B for this house, and added a room for the cats on the ground floor, and a large patio on the first floor for gardening and play equipment, since there wasn't a whole lot of room for that otherwise. At the time of taking these pics, I didn't have anything in the two extra bedrooms, so they won't be shown individually, I'll do them as I decorate them.
    04-02-21_5-04-52-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-14-22-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-12-11-pm.png

Ground floor - entry (the little room opposite the stairs is a WC).
    04-02-21_3-07-50-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-08-29-pm.png

Lounge area (family photos were added later)
    04-02-21_3-09-12-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-09-24-pm.png

Kitchen/dining (which I'm quite pleased with :smiley: )
    04-02-21_3-09-50-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-10-00-pm.png

Cat area
    04-02-21_3-14-33-pm.png

First floor landing
    04-02-21_3-28-49-pm.png

Master bedroom and ensuite
    04-02-21_3-10-55-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-11-09-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-11-35-pm.png

Main bathroom
    04-02-21_3-10-41-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-10-29-pm.png

And I didn't notice this until yesterday, but look at the reflection in the bathroom mirror - what a lovely view!
    04-05-21_2-31-17-pm.png

First update for gen 2/3 to follow :lol:
  • Options
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 2.01
    After gaining a loan from the bank, Lyric and Alec moved out into a small house overlooking the harbour. They would have to save up a lot of money to decorate it fully but they had enough for the essentials. Hopefully, with Lyric aiming to be a journalist and Alec wanting to be a Tech Guru, they would end up being able to afford more things!
    04-02-21_3-23-07-pm.png
    They hadn't even been gone a day before Heath came over. Then Ivy. And finally Lia :lol: They all wanted to see how Lyric was settling in. (the three of them were actually the Welcome Wagon, as they're the only other inhabitants of Brindleton Bay :sweat_smile: )
    04-02-21_3-38-53-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-39-34-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-41-07-pm.png
    Lia made sure to cook them some food before she left. She had also brought some fruitcake with her, which Lyric loved!
    04-02-21_3-47-32-pm.png
    Brooke also dropped by to show off her baby belly. Lyric wasn't quite sure about the whole pregnancy thing but was happy enough to feel the baby. She also resolved not to have kids for a while :lol:
    04-02-21_3-50-25-pm.png
    04-02-21_3-50-39-pm.png
    Alec and Lyric spent the first night in their new house watching some television, watching the stars (with Winter, who didn't want to be left out) and then finally, woohooing for the first time!
    04-02-21_4-32-44-pm.png
    04-02-21_4-27-26-pm.png
    04-02-21_4-24-15-pm.png
    Over the next few weeks, Heath and Lia dropped around a lot! Lyric was always pleased to see them; Alec, being a romantic sim, probably got a little frustrated with the lack of opportunities to woo his girlfriend :lol:
    04-02-21_7-16-59-pm.png
    04-02-21_5-13-16-pm.png
    04-02-21_5-21-30-pm.png
    Leo and Brooke ended up having a baby boy that they named Xavier. He looks like he has mostly Leo's colouring but maybe some of Brooke's features (and maybe eye colour).
    04-03-21_4-36-55-pm.png
    Then one night, disaster almost struck! Alec was trying to cook grilled cheese and set the stove on fire!!! Fortunately, Lyric was there quickly to put it out - after all, she's had plenty of practise with her family :smirk: She's still the only one who hasn't caught on fire!
    04-02-21_6-40-18-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-40-39-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-41-06-pm.png
    It was at this time that Alec realised that life is short and he should do something he had been wanting to do for a while - propose to Lyric. She, of course, said yes :lol:
    04-02-21_6-46-00-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-46-12-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-46-20-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-46-28-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-44-53-pm.png
    04-02-21_6-46-42-pm.png
    They decided to get married on Love Day, which was still a few days away. So they continued doing their usual stuff. Lyric's jogging route often took her past her parent's house.
    04-02-21_6-54-19-pm.png
    Just before Love Day, a stray cat turned up at their house and Lyric fell in love with him. She named him Mickey, as he looked a little like a mouse with those ears and chubby face. He was sick though, and Lyric tried to diagnose him but she didn't have a high enough skill so she took him to the clinic.
    04-02-21_7-03-28-pm.png
    04-02-21_7-05-07-pm.png
    04-02-21_7-09-43-pm.png
    While she was there, she met up with Ivy, who was there with Mimi (whose days are numbered as she is an elder). Fortunately, Fawn was able to treat Mickey and make him all better.
    04-02-21_7-12-19-pm.png
    04-02-21_7-13-25-pm.png
    Meanwhile, Alec is learning that there is no such thing as privacy when you own cats :lol:
    04-02-21_6-52-38-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm annoyed that Lia and Heath, despite owning the clinic, didn't show up to work there. I wish that there was an actual vet career that the sims can join if they own the clinic. I did experiment and get Lyric to buy the clinic but all that did was reset it so that no-one worked there, and Lia and Heath weren't even listed when I clicked on 'hire'. So I sold the clinic again and I don't know who will show up next time!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Question: while scrolling through some house plans yesterday, I wondered whether Mt Komorebi would ever be considered as a world that could be rebuilt? I have some potential floor plans for some lots if that’s the case. If it isn’t, I’ll probably play it later on as my own challenge :)

Edited to add: also, just out of curiosity, if I don’t get a male heir, could I give one of the female gene pool mates an identical male twin and have the storyline that the female heir marries a female mate and uses artificial means to have a child using a donation from the twin? It’s just that there is more diversity in the female mates than the male ones, and if I don’t get a male heir, I want a different hair colour than black or brown 🤣.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 - It's something we could look into but we would also need mates for that world as well. I believe at the time I created this challenge that expansion wasn't out yet.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 - It's something we could look into but we would also need mates for that world as well. I believe at the time I created this challenge that expansion wasn't out yet.

I put forward Leo as a gene pool mate 😆.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @MayaRose1138 RE: your twin idea, I think that's an awesome idea! You could also just tweak the impregnation settings in CAS for the female gene pool mate - tick the box to make her "able to get others pregnant" so it's 100% for sure her genetic child, then have the two female sims 'try for baby' (the "able to get others pregnant" female sim will impregnate your "able to become pregnant" female sim). Then you can just story-tell it as if they used a "look-alike donor." But making an identical twin is still a good idea, if not for woohoo purposes then for storytelling purposes!

Sorry I haven't been very active lately guys. We started hosting D&D games at the store again, so I've been busy running those. I'm hoping to play a bit tomorrow & Friday since its my "weekend" :smile: Also I got my first covid shot a couple weeks ago!! I had no issues with it & can't wait to get my second one :smiley:
  • Options
    That's so exciting @JordanNicoleJJ I got my first shot last Friday but I had some symptoms the following day. Luckily it was only one day of feeling like crud lol
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 RE: your twin idea, I think that's an awesome idea! You could also just tweak the impregnation settings in CAS for the female gene pool mate - tick the box to make her "able to get others pregnant" so it's 100% for sure her genetic child, then have the two female sims 'try for baby' (the "able to get others pregnant" female sim will impregnate your "able to become pregnant" female sim). Then you can just story-tell it as if they used a "look-alike donor." But making an identical twin is still a good idea, if not for woohoo purposes then for storytelling purposes!

Sorry I haven't been very active lately guys. We started hosting D&D games at the store again, so I've been busy running those. I'm hoping to play a bit tomorrow & Friday since its my "weekend" :smile: Also I got my first covid shot a couple weeks ago!! I had no issues with it & can't wait to get my second one :smiley:

I’m glad you like the idea! I’ve played ahead of where my updates are and let’s just say, I was getting worried about about what to do if there are either no boys born this generation, or if any boys that are born are clones! The males in gen 3’s gene pool are gorgeous, but they’ve got brown and black hair respectively, and that’s what has been in the family for the past two generations. The two females have blonde and grey hair, making them more diversified. In fact, the whole male gene pool is basically brown/black down until about the sixth generation, I think, which is fine so long as I can get some females of different hair colours added into the family occasoinally 🤣.

I hope you get to play a bit on your weekend! Everyone seems to be very quiet and busy at the moment, and if some more people update, I won’t feel so bad about posting more than everyone else!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top