Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg!! stop already game devs!!

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    If it was just their looks, like i said before, i wouldn't care since i too applaud diversity. why else would i be such a huge fan of the Bunch family in Sims 3?? a town with just skinny models and barbies and kens would annoy me just as much as a town full of pears.

I wouldn't care much if they were just ugly (eye of the beholder but i find them as alluring as a pile of puke most of the times), what ticks me of is how hugely they are favored over premade families with actual stories and work put into them. just like now with University: why doesn't the game enroll premades? nope, this too is utterly dominated by the random generated, all i see premades do is being stall vendors or bartenders.
    why even bother making premade families if the game is just gonna pick random generated anyways to pester me all day? why doesn't the game pick Zoe Patel and her roomies to go to college?? Mitchell Kalani isn't a swimsuit model either but he doesn't make my skin crawl like those random YA men who look like grandpas do. why do most of them Always have that whacky curled moustache and a santa beard?? why Always the tiny eyes and fat lips?? why almost Always the pear shape?? variation my hiney -.- they Always look the same…
    My major problem with them is that they ruin the immersion of the entire game: i want the game to be about my sims and the premade families, not about my sims and the random storyless and most of the times just plain weird sims while Nalani isn't living in Sulani anymore but just stands in a food stall all day -.- the game Always uses her as vendor trash and it angers me because she is such a well made sim with a potential story to her. put Genji Ghomari who has no story anyways in the food stall please -.- i never cared about him anyways.

on a side note...WHY??? why not enroll Zoe Patel and her roomies into college?? they would have been PERFECT for it -.- guess i'll just play them myself once i figure out how to enroll more than one sim for a semester...

Remember those days, in the beginning of TS4, when 2 days in, premades were nowhere to be found, as the town was overrun by 180 randoms?
    I had this theory back then, when I thought they sought control of the 'hood, relentlessly. You killed two of them, four new faces would show up by the second! They were an legion... an army!
    Also, whet do you plan for Zoe? Entertainer xD?
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    This popcorn thread has transformed from a complaint about all NPC Sims looking the same brand of ugly into allegations that people only want Aryan Barbie dolls in their game. 🧐🤣

Sorry but Sims are not people. They are pixels that pile up into an interpretation of people - and most of the time it’s a diabolical combination of facial features and Claire’s Accessories that you’d never see paired together in the real world. Saying Sims are hideous is not the same thing as calling real people hideous, IMHO.

On a side note: Sims playing D1 Athletics at an elite university should probably be more in shape than your average NPC Simmie. I’ve got some real peculiar shapes hustling to get to soccer practice 🤷🏽‍♀️ Actually I don’t think I’ve ever seen an in-shape male NPC, so I question the claim that the body styles are “diverse” when they clearly favor one direction.

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    I was looking at the pictures in this thread @Scobre and was like "they look just like normal people." Personally I'm not entirely sure what the issue with them is either.

But some people really don't seem to like them, and that's valid feedback.

Edit: As we are quoting Babylon 5 here, I can not but mention my man G'kar, who said: "Each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us."

So yes, please feedback, but also: "Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another."
    True. I'm just a pear shaped person and just comes off as unkind calling Sims with curves "hideous trash, obese females, and ugly elder male pear". The mermaid in Sulani, Nalani looks really realistic to one of my close friends I've known since kindergarten growing up who is part Filipino and African American, so I was really happy when Island Living came out with more realistic body types. I am just glad even Barbie company is coming out with more realistic looking dolls too that are more inclusive towards kids these days, so I'm happy Maxis is starting to do that too.
    https://time.com/5684822/mattel-gender-neutral-doll/
    https://www.dezeen.com/2016/02/01/barbie-dolls-fashionista-collection-mattel-new-body-types/

I just wish I had these type of Barbie dolls growing up because sadly my generation and older grew up without things and it is a type of thing that helps promote negative views of body images growing up. Horrifies me learning that models eat tissues all day to keep skinny too. There was an article a former CM shared which was enlightening about weight: http://www.eatingwell.com/article/2058717/losing-weight-as-a-fat-girl-was-the-most-dangerous-thing-ive-ever-done/

I never watched Babylon 5, but I did grow up watching the Twilight Zone which had an episode called Eye of the Beholder which made me think of this thread.:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puo82y6MsBQ

But yeah end of the day, I'm seeing valid complaints of people not liking story progression both with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 whether it is this or supernaturals or outfits. I wish the game had a toggle to turn it off instead of having to rely on mods like MCCC. I have the mod installed, so I am able to put more realistic Sims into the game. Might be an option for the OP to do too.

True I could have been nicer saying barbie doll instead. I got drilled in school on a video about body image because it was so common at such a young age and seen fellow students get ill from the "normal" look. I just don't like seeing that promoted within the Sims community too seeing history repeat itself with the Aryan features only as the only thing that is pure and normal. People do have the right to feel that way but it would be nice to see curves not described with insults too, but the whole idea of normal varies from person to person and different regions throughout the world. Being that this is an US forum, we all have ancestry from all parts of the world and come in all shapes and sizes and colors and genders and I like how the Sims themselves can help reflect who we really are.

With that said i look at Julia in DU and i very much like what i see with that sim, she is wider than the usual sims which always come off as stick insects. I'm sorry if that is the wrong thing to say but a lot of these packs and the base game always have the same issue, no hips, thick thighs, no bum, little to no chest and in some cases an abnormally small waist line, like a young woman tightened her corset too much over the years to produce an unnatural looking waistline far too small for her shape and generally too thin, look at Luna Villareal or Sofia Bjergsen as an example of promoting the wrong type of message, even Clara Bjergsen is completely devoid of hips and it follows in Sofia as well.

Frankly the whole lot of pre-mades could have another pass over in one of these patches to give them realistic looking shapes. And then you got the likes of Bella Goth and then Cassandra Goth. Cassandra shares none of her mothers ample features, even a 16 year old would be more developed than what Cassandra displays. I could go on about how negative the body image is.

That also brings up an interesting point about bodily changes in women after childbirth as well, which isn't present in this game either. Not just in size but in the ability to do simple things so soon after giving birth which can vary between births and how it effects women. some women could retain their previous shape if they get back and exercise as soon as possible to build up the muscles and tighten the skin on the waist line, or the woman can grow out and get larger in size. it would encourage such body positivity.

People come in different shapes sizes, and those should be encouraged.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

With that said i look at Julia in DU and i very much like what i see with that sim, she is wider than the usual sims which always come off as stick insects. I'm sorry if that is the wrong thing to say but a lot of these packs and the base game always have the same issue, no hips, thick thighs, no bum, little to no chest and in some cases an abnormally small waist line, like a young woman tightened her corset too much over the years to produce an unnatural looking waistline far too small for her shape and generally too thin, look at Luna Villareal or Sofia Bjergsen as an example of promoting the wrong type of message, even Clara Bjergsen is completely devoid of hips and it follows in Sofia as well.

Frankly the whole lot of pre-mades could have another pass over in one of these patches to give them realistic looking shapes. And then you got the likes of Bella Goth and then Cassandra Goth. Cassandra shares none of her mothers ample features, even a 16 year old would be more developed than what Cassandra displays. I could go on about how negative the body image is.

That also brings up an interesting point about bodily changes in women after childbirth as well, which isn't present in this game either. Not just in size but in the ability to do simple things so soon after giving birth which can vary between births and how it effects women. some women could retain their previous shape if they get back and exercise as soon as possible to build up the muscles and tighten the skin on the waist line, or the woman can grow out and get larger in size. it would encourage such body positivity.

Thank you, you got my point. Yeah I don't want that forced into my game either. I mean sure some people may like that. But I'm not one of them. It may not be a popular viewpoint, but Sims has always been a mix of reality and fantasy which goes beyond just supernaturals. It has been pretty normal for Simmers to make Self-Sims skinnier than themselves which is a way to play your fantasy life making yourself look better and richer than your actual life. Nothing wrong with it, just not the way I play. Why I like with the newer packs have pre-mades that encourage a more positive body image. Cassandra Goth is actually my favorite pre-made throughout the series. Not all children inherit their all their looks from their mother only and I like how that is reflected with Cassandra. That would be a fun thing to add into the game is body changes after childbirth which I think could be added as a trait but would be fun if it was added like how you described. I know my body changed after gallbladder surgery since my body couldn't process fats without the organ plus with the fun side effects of meds putting on the weight too.

When talking to my friend we were discussing body image and how he wanted to promote a positive body image within his community. He was saying how it is a tough topic because when some people say they think they look fat and then when people compare themselves with others who are heavier, it creates this toxic environment. My mom gives me a hard time on my weight and how I will get diabetes. I eat healthy and I exercise, so it is a constant struggle, but finally learning to love myself the way I am curves and all. My family has the trait of being curvy too and I love it because when I become an elder, I'll have more cushion for falls. I like how I can fit into my jeans well and yet I can still play sports with my pear shaped body. Never been a girly girl with high heels and short skirts and low cut tops, so I'm so happy the clothing is starting to appeal to girls, guys, and non-binary Sims with different body types now and pregnant Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    MC Population>Population_RandomUseTraySimPercent

Determines the chance that a Sim randomly generated by the Sims 4 will import the name and appearance of a Sim from the library of the player instead. 100% means only tray Sims will be used. 0% means no tray Sims will be used.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Percent

Tray = Library. So with this you can set your game to only import sims you created or downloaded from the gallery from your library into your game.

Will it download and place entire families in your library?

From my experience using it, no; it takes individual Sims from family households and places them down as single townies in my case. Unless Deaderpool has changed this to be more efficient and reliable, that's what'll happen.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to clean up my library (get rid of duplicates) and give this a shot anyway. Seems like a nice feature to have running.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    MC Population>Population_RandomUseTraySimPercent

Determines the chance that a Sim randomly generated by the Sims 4 will import the name and appearance of a Sim from the library of the player instead. 100% means only tray Sims will be used. 0% means no tray Sims will be used.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Percent

Tray = Library. So with this you can set your game to only import sims you created or downloaded from the gallery from your library into your game.

Will it download and place entire families in your library?

I ended up with some clones of already existing sims when I tried it. I might have done something wrong. I get easily confused by mccc. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I was looking at the pictures in this thread @Scobre and was like "they look just like normal people." Personally I'm not entirely sure what the issue with them is either.

Edit: As we are quoting Babylon 5 here, I can not but mention my man G'kar, who said: "Each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us."

So yes, please feedback, but also: "Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another."
    True. I'm just a pear shaped person and just comes off as unkind calling Sims with curves "hideous trash, obese females, and ugly elder male pear". The mermaid in Sulani, Nalani looks really realistic to one of my close friends I've known since kindergarten growing up who is part Filipino and African American, so I was really happy when Island Living came out with more realistic body types. I am just glad even Barbie company is coming out with more realistic looking dolls too that are more inclusive towards kids these days, so I'm happy Maxis is starting to do that too.
    https://www.dezeen.com/2016/02/01/barbie-dolls-fashionista-collection-mattel-new-body-types/

I just wish I had these type of Barbie dolls growing up because sadly my generation and older grew up without things and it is a type of thing that helps promote negative views of body images growing up. Horrifies me learning that models eat tissues all day to keep skinny too. There was an article a former CM shared which was enlightening about weight: http://www.eatingwell.com/article/2058717/losing-weight-as-a-fat-girl-was-the-most-dangerous-thing-ive-ever-done/

I never watched Babylon 5, but I did grow up watching the Twilight Zone which had an episode called Eye of the Beholder which made me think of this thread.:

But yeah end of the day, I'm seeing valid complaints of people not liking story progression both with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 whether it is this or supernaturals or outfits. I wish the game had a toggle to turn it off instead of having to rely on mods like MCCC. I have the mod installed, so I am able to put more realistic Sims into the game. Might be an option for the OP to do too.

True I could have been nicer saying barbie doll instead. I got drilled in school on a video about body image because it was so common at such a young age and seen fellow students get ill from the "normal" look. I just don't like seeing that promoted within the Sims community too seeing history repeat itself with the Aryan features only as the only thing that is pure and normal. People do have the right to feel that way but it would be nice to see curves not described with insults too, but the whole idea of normal varies from person to person and different regions throughout the world. Being that this is an US forum, we all have ancestry from all parts of the world and come in all shapes and sizes and colors and genders and I like how the Sims themselves can help reflect who we really are.

Like those examples you took, although, in the case of Luna & Sofia, I think their club as a whole conveys the wrong message; as for Clara, I assume her shape comes from her side-club being powerhouse, a fine complement to the Upper Crusts. And Bella, well she's a meme at this point ^.^

I too like Julia, not to mention than my two fav sims are Mila Munch & Nina Caliente, not exactly what I would call your average barbies. Interestingly, it's harder to find this kind of diversity amongst males. I guess Geoffrey Landgraab, but then...

But we shouldn't rely on a random sim generator to have an ecclectic neighbourhood. They've proven they can be creative with their townies with Izzy, so why not continuing and create a bit more of them, and only randomise sims when they are needed, like a food critic, or a culprit for the detective career, giving defacto more room for the premades. A simple box to check/uncheck would suit me perfectly!
    Sharonia wrote: »

I ended up with some clones of already existing sims when I tried it. I might have done something wrong. I get easily confused by mccc. :D

Haha yes, same!
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2019

Depends of how you look at it. tho i agree Sofia could use a few burgers it is exactly what the Paragons are supposed to be: girls who aspire the generic model image because they deem themselves perfect, as for Luna it fits her bio and personality: she comes from a messed up family (her dad is one crazy fella) and she wants to belong so she is probabely anorectic?? you can give her story a spin. give her some burgers and free her from her crazy dad and wicked little brother :D the Goth family makes no sense in any way: how is Bella, a young adult the mom of a teen girl?? did she have her when she was a child??? and Mortimer should be around her age imo but whatever.

if you knew me you'd know i adore Nalani! better yet, i find her to be one of the most gorgeous premade sims i have ever seen in any sims game!, but i also adore Mila Munch because she has that loving mother vibe, yet she is also on the big side but it doesn't bother me at all. and DU's Julia and her friend are also growing on me. as for the windenburg teens, tho i love Luna i prefer Morgan and Yuki far over Sofia any day when it comes to body shape because i don't like boney women irl mind you: personal taste ;) i don't find them or big women ugly, i just am not attracted to them. I do love Sofia as a friend tho because she is usually nice and i often have music lovers myself so they get along with her well...plus she has freckles and i LOVE girls with freckles!! hence why i often use my TS 4 versions of Lisa and Darlene Bunch ^_^ you'd also know that i am a huge fan of the Bunch family in ts 3 exactly because they were unique.

and again: tho i do not find them interesting myself i don't care if the game spawns some of them since i prefer diversity myself. my major gripe is how extremely dominant the randoms become once the game starts flooding the bin with them and they have no story, no bio and their traits, outfits and outfits/hair never make any sense and are Always flat out weird. i mean a young adult male with tiny shoulders, huge behind even tho he has the active trait? the same old pointy goatie and the big curly moustache, the same old CL outfit and the he turns out to have the active trait XD yet he looks like a 60 year old couch potato. Mila isn't a pretty flower either according to the barbie model but it suits her and fits her bio of being a foodie and the mom of three kids. i can live with variations but when the randoms with no story, no bio and almost always just flat out whacky appearances dominate the game so heavily that you almost never see any premade sim anymore...yeah that's why i despise them. they ruin any form of immersion i can have and i want to play the game, not spending hours each session giving the horde of randoms makeovers just so the game spawns new ones to replace them each single time again.

if you love Nalani like i do you'd also be annoyed if the game Always reduces her to a stall vendor right??
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Like those examples you took, although, in the case of Luna & Sofia, I think their club as a whole conveys the wrong message; as for Clara, I assume her shape comes from her side-club being powerhouse, a fine complement to the Upper Crusts. And Bella, well she's a meme at this point ^.^

I too like Julia, not to mention than my two fav sims are Mila Munch & Nina Caliente, not exactly what I would call your average barbies. Interestingly, it's harder to find this kind of diversity amongst males. I guess Geoffrey Landgraab, but then...

But we shouldn't rely on a random sim generator to have an ecclectic neighbourhood. They've proven they can be creative with their townies with Izzy, so why not continuing and create a bit more of them, and only randomise sims when they are needed, like a food critic, or a culprit for the detective career, giving defacto more room for the premades. A simple box to check/uncheck would suit me perfectly!

That's the whole deal with the Paragons: they are those mainstream popularity hoggers thinking they are perfect tho especially Luna is probabely the most immature and insecure girl in town given her past and family, Sofia seems to be jelly of Elsa and Siobhan is clearly that control freak who only cares about what she wants and thinks hence her supposed conflict with Morgan since Morgan ignores her and joined her rivals the Rebels. they do ooze that wrong message and that's exactly the point of the Paragons club. and yup, Clara Always jogs and works out a lot hence why she looks like that (perfectionistic woman as well so it makes sense) and that probabely also set the example for Sofia?

and a fellow Mila Munch fan. cool :)

• Options
    edited November 2019
    And I hated seeing premades used as vendor/bartender fodder so much I created a template game where all the premades are already made over and they are all given careers. In my template save, Nalani is a conservationist and Zoe is a stylist. Moira is a gardener, Eva is in the business field with Jade, Marcus is now in engineering. Don is also in business. Etc. It's nice not seeing the premades in those vendor stalls anymore.

that's actually not a bad idea not that you mention this… i also did this when GF came out making certain premades celebs like Penny Pizzazz because her bio states she is a a-list celebrity herself yet she would be a nobody at the start of the game..it NEVER made sense to me why they didn't patch this in but whatever..just remember to keep them all flagged as played or they lose their jobs and still end up in a food stall or behind the bar... tho i never get to see Zoe Patel going there since she almost Always ends up in my active Household anyways, either as a spouse of my dudes or as a bff to my females. i just love her ever since i first saw her and she has that lovable character to boot ^_^ and ofcourse she is just gorgeous as well :p tho Morgan Fyres (my fave ginger) and Nalani (easily one of the best premades the game has ever introduced imo) are strong competitors :P
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeh man, let's make a Mila Munch fan club, she's so adorable! She may not make it in the Paragons, but whatever, Good Timer 'till death! Sofia... I don't like her so much, she seems to be the most self-absorbed sim they ever created. In her bio it's like everybody in her fam' is an obstacle to her fame, even her sis' who spends her time playing on kid props; I mean, come on girl! Luna, I see her as a girl no real figure to look up to; needs to have a strong entourage to suceed. Funny how those 'perfectly shaped sims' are indeed flawed inside all the while the opposite is true (I mean Clara has no flaws, but that's her character). They clearely could give us more of that ^.^
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeh man, let's make a Mila Munch fan club! She may not make it in the Paragons, but whatever, Good Timer 'till death! Sofia... I don't like her so much, she seems to be the most self-absorbed sim they ever created. In her bio it's like everybody in her fam' is an obstacle to her fame, even her sis' who spends her time playing on kid props. Luna, I see her as a girl no real figure to look up to; needs to have a strong entourage to suceed. Funny how those 'perfectly shaped sims' are indeed flawed inside all the while the opposite is true (I mean Clara has no flaws, but that's her character). They clearely could give us more of that ^.^

count me in :) and who cares about Paragons XD boring club anyways... Mix Masters 4 life! spinning some vinyl or bust a move with my boy Joaquin and my lass Candy, plus gotta keep pops in law happy ^_^ (i usually date Morgan if available). nehh Sofia is probabely just tired of her parents since they are actually a total mismatch if you check their traits: Bjorn being a slob while Clara is neat AND a perfectionist..yeah BAD combo! plus she is secretly jealous of Elsa's intelligence tho i see no reason: Sofia is actually very talented with lv 8 guitar right of the bat. but i'd wager this jealousy also might have to do with her parents fawning all over Elsa for being a prodigy child? it's the spin i usually give it because this often happens in families with a perfectionistic parent... she is usually very easy to get along with for me, especially since my sims usually are also music lovers like her. as for Luna...yeah she is immature but can you blame the girl with a father like Jacques? but Siobhan and Sergio tho.. her bio clearly states Siobhan just uses her friends to get ahead herself and do i need to say anything about Sergio?? he obviously just dates Siobhan for money and status.

it is exactly what i believe they want to portray with the Paragons: they claim perfection yet all of them have their flaws and issues tho Sofia actually does have the potential to be a star with her skills, and like i said: Clara married the wrong guy traitwise but same story as with the Landgraabs: behind the curtains.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Speaking of pear shaped, one sim I adore is Kamala... Kalama... kamalamaminu... sigh- the pear shaped evil mermaid. Her swagger walkstyle is peerless.

Sergio... Ikr! Just look at the dude's traits! Materialistic+hates children... yuck! Spin Masters is also the other club I can't go without... Basicly, wherever Dominic is, I am! For the parental mismatch in traits, I always found it odd. But maybe Bjorn has other qualities we are not 'officially' aware of :D

Also, obviously not blaming Luna, cause well Jacques has... some issues. Speaking of, I wonder if they based Hugo on a young Michael Corleone, you know, dad is a mob boss, and kid loves to cook. If that's the case, gotta keep an eye on that one!

So yes, with people like that, we can get our immagination going; we have the base material; I don't want to deliberate on a random townie who is a foodie, kleptomaniac, and loves the outdoors, named Genji Gomari the Xth.
    That said, they created new ones with uni, did you see? There's even that evil teacher, with traits: evil, mean, hot-head. What a delicious combo! Need more of that.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Speaking of pear shaped, one sime I adore is Kamala... Kalama... kamalamaminu... sigh- the pear shaped evil mermaid. Her swagger walkstyle is peerless.

Sergio... Ikr! Just look at the dude's traits! Materialistic+hates children... yuck! Spin Masters is also the other club I can't go without... Basicly, wherever Dominic is, I am! For the parental mismatch in traits, I always found it odd. But maybe Bjorn has other qualities we are not 'officially' aware of :D

Also, obviously not blaming Luna, cause well Jacques has... some issues. Speaking of, I wonder if they based Hugo on a young Michael Corleone, you know, dad is a mob boss, and kid loves to cook. If that's the case, gotta keep an eye on that one!

So yes, with people like that, we can get our immagination going; we have the base material; I don't want to deliberate on a townie who is a foodie, kleptomaniac, and loves the outdoors.
    That said, they created new ones with uni, did you see? There's even that evil teacher, with traits: evil, mean, hot-head. What a delicious combo! Need more of that.

wherever any of the Fyres's are i am :p even Siobhan ^_^ i Always get along famously with all of them, tho Siobhan usually figuratively snarls at my Kaylynn Langerak for leading the actual most popular club in town (sorry Siobhan :p you just can't beat player controlled clubs):p but in the end they both are ambitious and have the same goals in life: getting ahead, so they do get along pretty well ^_^ the stepping on friends part tho that's Lisa's style >:P (my sims 4 version of TS 3 Lisa Bunch), but she only joined the Paragons because she loves picking fights with the Rebels and she actually does have a high opinion of herself and secretly nplans to replace Siobhan as the leader because she should be right? she actually "is perfect"....yeah my Lisa is quite a piece of work :p just like she was in TS 3

this is exactly the kind of thing that creates the immersion i love in the Sims, but this is just impossible if the game is so heavily dominated by the randoms with no story, usually all single sim Household and yup, all kleptos slobs insane or evil with the most mismatching traits to add… klepto, good?? for real?? slob yet perfectionistic? makes no sense at all. and Always those same old asian names..Always 4 Genjis or Tanakas. and if they would just stick to San Myshuno it would kinda make sense, but they also Always show up in Windenburg?? El Selvadorada natives all chilling in the Spin Masters nightclub every single night? so much for immersion...

yeah i saw him, guy with the chinese name iirc lol my romantic female who just enrolled into uni for the frat parties (untill i discovered uni is ruled by randoms…) whoohood him for better grades lol which she never got to her dismay and his Delight XD , didn't know his traits but hahaha perfect lmao now i know why he scammed her XD

can't pronounce her name either but i know which mermaid you mean :p clearly the more evil siren version of mermaid portrayal on her. the pale one with the black ponytail right? which looks quite scary in her mermaid form with the pointy teeth

as for Bjorn? who knows..maybe he is packing yeah...or he is just very easily dominated by a woman like Clara and thus now had depressions and assertion issues? it would explain his Gloomy trait.

nope, she actually is a social media star in my game atm doing podcasts and let's plays with Penny Pizzazz :)
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,658 Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree they do look like ordinary people. I'm fine with that cuz in the real world, not everyone is gonna look like a supermodel.

I would not call them trashy but if I were to pin point something about the townies is that they all tend to look similar in my game too. Wide hips with small shoulders, those slit eyes even when they don't look quite Asian, huge Santa beard, the same shade of tan skin, etc etc. 🤣 Can definitely see that they look similar by all these screenshots shwon by some of the posters here.

I just feel like there should more of a variety.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    I agree they do look like ordinary people. I'm fine with that cuz in the real world, not everyone is gonna look like a supermodel.

I would not call them trashy but if I were to pin point something about the townies is that they all tend to look similar in my game too. Wide hips with small shoulders, those slit eyes even when they don't look quite Asian, huge Santa beard, the same shade of tan skin, etc etc. 🤣 Can definitely see that they look similar by all these screenshots shwon by some of the posters here.

I just feel like there should more of a variety.

exactly this! there is little variation in them. Always indeed the excessive pear shape and those tiny eyes, and ever since IL they also almost Always have fat lips as well. but if you enjoy seeing a dozen of these stalk you no matter where you go...yeah have fun i say :)

nCG6tpn.png
    kj14gid.png

i prefer the premades with an actual story to them and the opportunity for some good storytelling and who actually do have variety to them, more than the randoms ever did. Mila Munch, Eliza and Bob Pancakes, Eva Capriciossa (dunno if it is correct) most sulani premades, Moira Fyres to name a few also arent supermodels but i actually like them a lot since they have stories and aren't just a randomly generated mishmash of mismatch but yet so freaking similar as in Always pears, Always CL clothing and 85% Always have either slob, evil or klepto, and once again: i hate how extremely dominant they are in the game. if enough of them spawn it will just be them wherever you go while a well made sims like Nalani with such an interesting bio and story is nothing but a stall vendor ot bartender every freaking time.

i often do call them trash because they really are getting on my nerves atm because of University where they are wayyy too dominantly present as in: nothing but random generated over there and since i prefer to keep them out of my sim's social circle i pretty much skip out on the entire social aspect of university which is half the experience of Uni life :(

take one trip to Myshuno, El Selvadorada or University and your sims bin will be flooded with them and i meen flooded! dozens of them within minutes. it is just getting out of hand atm and they get priority for some reason when the game picks sims to go to spots where your sims are hanging out. i couldn't care less how they look if they weren't so darn dominantly present no matter where i go. i hardly ever see any premade sims anymore once enough of them spawn and if i do it's the same old Sulani couple, Judith Ward or Brytani (which causes even more of them to spawn as paps and fans!!!) and Nalani or Zoe as a work NPC, rest nothing but randoms...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Speaking of pear shaped, one sime I adore is Kamala... Kalama... kamalamaminu... sigh- the pear shaped evil mermaid. Her swagger walkstyle is peerless.

So yes, with people like that, we can get our immagination going; we have the base material; I don't want to deliberate on a townie who is a foodie, kleptomaniac, and loves the outdoors.

wherever any of the Fyres's are i am :p even Siobhan ^_^ i Always get along famously with all of them, tho Siobhan usually figuratively snarls at my Kaylynn Langerak for leading the actual most popular club in town (sorry Siobhan :p you just can't beat player controlled clubs):p but in the end they both are ambitious and have the same goals in life: getting ahead, so they do get along pretty well ^_^ the stepping on friends part tho that's Lisa's style >:P (my sims 4 version of TS 3 Lisa Bunch), but she only joined the Paragons because she loves picking fights with the Rebels and she actually does have a high opinion of herself and secretly nplans to replace Siobhan as the leader because she should be right? she actually "is perfect"....yeah my Lisa is quite a piece of work :p just like she was in TS 3

this is exactly the kind of thing that creates the immersion i love in the Sims, but this is just impossible if the game is so heavily dominated by the randoms with no story, usually all single sim Household and yup, all kleptos slobs insane or evil with the most mismatching traits to add… klepto, good?? for real?? slob yet perfectionistic? makes no sense at all. and Always those same old asian names..Always 4 Genjis or Tanakas. and if they would just stick to San Myshuno it would kinda make sense, but they also Always show up in Windenburg?? El Selvadorada natives all chilling in the Spin Masters nightclub every single night? so much for immersion...

yeah i saw him, guy with the chinese name iirc lol my romantic female who just enrolled into uni for the frat parties (untill i discovered uni is ruled by randoms…) whoohood him for better grades lol which she never got to her dismay and his Delight XD , didn't know his traits but hahaha perfect lmao now i know why he scammed her XD

can't pronounce her name either but i know which mermaid you mean :p clearly the more evil siren version of mermaid portrayal on her. the pale one with the black ponytail right? which looks quite scary in her mermaid form with the pointy teeth

as for Bjorn? who knows..maybe he is packing yeah...or he is just very easily dominated by a woman like Clara and thus now had depressions and assertion issues? it would explain his Gloomy trait.

nope, she actually is a social media star in my game atm doing podcasts and let's plays with Penny Pizzazz :)

Obviously what piqued my interest is Kayleen Langreek in a club. What are the rules? Clean & flirt TS2 style! And yes for the mermaid it's that one with the ponytail and that unmistakable swagger walkstyle. TBH at first I thought she was randomly generated, the way her mermaid form didn't match her natural looks, then I saw her in a LGR video, and I was like ooook... and well the more I played, the more I spent time with her, the more I liked her.

And hey, yes... WHO wouldn't want to replace Siobhan at the head of the paragons and do ACTUAL club activities. Mopping the floor looks like the stuff to do at a swiming pool xD. That'll keep the members busy for a lifetime.

Lisa Bunch in fights... why am I not surprised :|
    Still fighting against a club led by an actual kid, whose second club is... 'the league of adventurers' :D
    Come on XD!

And for that new townie, that's not a dude, but an adult woman, with them nasty teacher glasses, black hairs, rather tanned skin. I have a knack for hotheads, they're so easy to trigger. Tht's why I always place it on Judith Ward, accompanied by 'a serious actor'. Any prank and she becomes enraged... the fun I have...

Bjorn 'glominess' I always wondered... Dude's at the head of a cool club, got a good wife and two kids. It's a whole mystery, that one!

And well for Eva Capricciosa, I don't like her much, as I feel she's like a downgrade from the queen of the sims 4, AKA Nina Caliente. Moira though... she's so cool, calm, I really like her, even though her club... not that much tbh.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

The issue is that everyone only wants to see super models in their game 🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited November 2019
    I completely agree with the OP. I try deleting the hideous random Sims but then the game generates more... They are mostly fat female Sims or Pear shaped males.
    Post edited by ironknight35 on
    He/Him
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

The issue is that everyone only wants to see super models in their game 🤣

I don't think that's true... We just want to see some variety. I usually only see fat female Sims or pear shaped males. They all look very similar to each other.
    He/Him
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I do like how Island Living does portray what the real Hawaiians look like. I've been to Hawaii a few times and one of the few places I have found to have a positive body image except if you go to the Oahu Island of course which is the main island portrayed on TV. I think television gives a false representation of what real Hawaiians look like. I do agree about wanting more variety with the Sims games however which I think Jungle Adventures, Island Living, and Discover University did well on. It's tough I have real life experience of what university and Hawaii are both like, so why it doesn't bother and how I can relate to Sims in those packs. I mean Sims 4 is supposed to be a life simulation game after all and simulate life and even role playing games have more diversity to them than they used to like Overwatch is a great example of that and Sea of Thieves.

Sims are essentially virtual Barbie dolls and people may think that dolls have no effect on developing minds but they do and article was good at showing how American Beauty has changed with time and is more diverse now. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/girls-women-and-wellness/201601/whats-happening-barbies-body

Simmers should feel represented by the Sims they play whether it is by race, gender, lifestyle, goals, education, etc. So why I do agree that Sims should have more than the supermodel look or pear shaped look but come in all shapes, sizes, styles, genders, and cultures. My dream is that the Sims 4 simulates people on a worldwide scale rather than on outdated Barbie looks.

I do love this article on life size scaling of Barbie too. I would love this video to be done with the Sims 4 pre-mades too just for fun making them life sized.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/barbie-ken-dolls-would-look-like-real-life-unrealistic-body-2019-6
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    this is a bug it was fix a while back but it looks like it has returned @simgurunick the name and pear bug is back
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You do know this is a sims game and if you don't like the townies no one is stopping you from replacing them how you want them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    elephantman68elephantman68 Posts: 3 New Member
    for people who use mods, mc command has a feature that replaces the random generated sims with sims from your gallery this game spawns to many weird-looking sims by itself