Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg!! stop already game devs!!

can there be one single pack or feature in this game that doesn't flood the world with those stupid random generated trash sims???????? god it is so freaking annoying!! i haven't even tried university yet but even when checking the new area i am instantly swarmed by the same old hideous trash sims >.< and even by checking the new world my bin is already flooding with them, same as in San Myshuno hence why i never even visit that place anymore…. nobody likes or cares about them!! just let the game use the premades for once???? all they do is being used as bartenders or such, a role those useless trashbags are supposed to do!

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    100% agree! I can't see any redeeming factor for those; how irritating is it to watch them try to talk to premades, during the time I'm aware of their presence... like they belong or something... Ugh!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Heh I am curious care to show examples? But yeah...I am not impressed with the awful looking NPCs
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    If you have MC? you can go into the MC CC > MC Population > populating settings > percent [age group] > set each of them to 0. you should have no more random sims spawning any more when creating a new save or after you deleted the previous lot.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    100% agree! I can't see any redeeming factor for those; how irritating is it to watch them try to talk to premades, during the time I'm aware of their presence... like they belong or something... Ugh!

you mean the premades which are reduced to stall vendor fodder??? the game Always favors to turn Nalani (the mermaid cutie ) and Zoe Patel into vendor trash in my games for some reason while genji tanaka the pearshaped FREAK!! keeps stalking my group even though none of my sims want to know him -.- i hate this so much! and university floods the world with even more of that vermin >.<
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I mean those nobodies from nowhere! No purpose, no bio, no consistency... what utter garbage! All that cause devs are too lazy to give us consistent townies as they did in the past :(
    Yeah, I mean those nobodies from nowhere! No purpose, no bio, no consistency... what utter garbage! All that cause devs are too lazy to give us consistent townies as they did in the past :(

ohh i am more than happy to create my own sims, but for some reason the game heavily favors using those random townies even if you have 100 selfmade sims in the bin >.< the game just is in love with that trash or something i dunno.

Yes exactly! I've stopped trying too, so the only option remaining is mass deletion every two or three days, and shame on those who take the place of the previous.
    edited November 2019
    Heh I am curious care to show examples? But yeah...I am not impressed with the awful looking NPCs

1NV4W9k.png
    Luna Villareal's latest stalker (she is in my Household atm)
    abDUIk7.png
    this guy also follows my sims wherever they go >.< and he clearly doesn't know the meaning of get lost! he just keeps trying to chat up to my sims against my will
    AqDloUx.png
    and ofcourse your average obese females once again

… and typically they all have those whacky CL names -.- Genji Tanaka invasions once again…

there are also way worse ones out there once i get screens of them…. also saw two pears slithering around again -.-
    don't know if anyone already did the actual university life gameplay yet? but if it turns out to be yet another force me to interact with those stupid random trash fest again… yeah, it will annoy me pretty fast… just like so many other things like living in San Myshuno or going to DEl Sol Valley lots since those spawn random generated celebs >.< i flat out die before i let my sims be forced fans of Genji Ghomari the disgusting elder pearmonster celebrity ...
    edited November 2019
    Personally I have lots of Baby Ariel clones, female teens 4 stars celebs with the perky walkstyle. Oh I see that you have the 'Ghomari' fever yourself :D
    edited November 2019
    Personally I have lots of Baby Ariel clones, female teens 4 stars celebs with the perky walkstyle. Oh I see that you have the 'Ghomari' fever yourself :D

i'd take a Baby Ariel clone invasion any day...at least random spawned teen females have a decent chance to actually look normal or even actually pretty. i often get the U.G.L.Y elder pear male infestation >.<
    pfft try Ghomari migraine -.- tho now it is the fat lips ….i cannot even spell those weird names they ahve these days anymore XD but yeah..seems campus has sparked the Ghomari invasion again :p

Doesn't appear to be a thread asking for help, my apologies, i thought it was.
    Looks more more just a general need to vent and seek amusement.
    Hoverael wrote: »

i was aware of your tip, and i am grateful :)

yeah i got some venting to do since i was actually looking forward to do some university untill i found out it might just be another random generated sim dominated horrorscenario, as is much in this game so i am pretty frustrated to put it mildly...

Yes while any help is greatly appreciated, the only ones who could eventually put a strong and definite stop to this would be E.A. themselves. And worse is, they gave us easy acecss to the gallery, and yet rely on a random generator to populate our worlds...
  • SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    I honestly, aside from one or two giggle-worthy ones, wasn't put-off by the random generated sims walking around when I arrived in University. I think I may be in the minority, but I know I'm not the only one okay with them. I think this is one of those things that just comes down to personal style and opinion. Totally respect your right to rant, though.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I usually make them over. Then they become my own sims because I change most of them beyond recognition :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    I installed npc control mod and made over a ton of townies to my liking. I rarely see any bad ones around now in my game. It baffles me why the game is designed to just keep generating more and more of them though without mods to stop it.

i was aware of your tip, and i am grateful :)

yeah i got some venting to do since i was actually looking forward to do some university untill i found out it might just be another random generated sim dominated horrorscenario, as is much in this game so i am pretty frustrated to put it mildly...

You have no idea how much i understand and agree with you that these random sims are a bit much at times. i don't mind a reduction to a small amount but sometimes too many come out the wood work and i have to go through and delete them just to keep them from taking over everything. with all the new packs, especially CL and GF, the added landlords and paparazzi generates a lot of these randoms, more than i'd like.

I'd find it silly if an innocent girl like Zoe Patel or Summer Holiday became very agressive paparazzi, or an evil Malcolm Landgraab became a Landlord or something of the like. i don't mind a few randoms but not a whole lot.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @DanmanNefarius I had to CAS out the ugly from the hideous dorm mates the game forced my Sim to live with. Took like 45 minutes.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I had to comment because I love the anger in this thread! I have the same frustrations. I just changed my settings in MCCC as suggested above and will see if that helps. I'm especially annoyed by all the ugly, same-looking male sims that are generated by the game. I very, very, very rarely come across a not ugly male sim. There are more nice looking females generated but I'm also sick of the frumpy, chubby females marrying all the attractive young pre-mades males. I keep playing with settings in MCCC to try to lock all this down but, boy, is it a chore! Ahh, feels good to vent. Thank you.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    can there be one single pack or feature in this game that doesn't flood the world with those stupid random generated trash sims???????? god it is so freaking annoying!! i haven't even tried university yet but even when checking the new area i am instantly swarmed by the same old hideous trash sims >.< and even by checking the new world my bin is already flooding with them, same as in San Myshuno hence why i never even visit that place anymore…. nobody likes or cares about them!! just let the game use the premades for once???? all they do is being used as bartenders or such, a role those useless trashbags are supposed to do!

Game generated townies are pretty bad. This isn't a solution but it seems to help although it takes a bit of time. I usually go to the gallery and search for the townie packs of 7-8. Download them to an empty lot, but don't actually place them. X it out once you get to the world screen to finish placement. They will then be in "out of world". Then you can split them up into individual households. If you don't they may all move into a house together. Now with the new money sharing they're each only going to get 2500 simoleans each if you have 8, but hey they're townies so it really doesn't matter. I'll usually place between 40-80 when starting a new game. Then at least you know they aren't the game generated freakish looking, slob/evil/kleptos the game usually generates.
    edited November 2019
    well...tested out dorm living and i already regretted it to the point of restarting the game…. what a disappointment >.< just random generated pears as roomies ughhh!!!!! might as well do the university from home because i really don't feel like living the university life with random trash… sooowww… next to avoiding San Myshuno entirely, avoiding Del Sol Valley, nightclubs, lounges, bars, El Selvadorada and well..pretty much ALL commercial lots i can now also avoid campus in order to avoid the massive influx of randoms... just terrific...back to hermit play >.< thanks EA...
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I had to comment because I love the anger in this thread! I have the same frustrations. I just changed my settings in MCCC as suggested above and will see if that helps. I'm especially annoyed by all the ugly, same-looking male sims that are generated by the game. I very, very, very rarely come across a not ugly male sim. There are more nice looking females generated but I'm also sick of the frumpy, chubby females marrying all the attractive young pre-mades males. I keep playing with settings in MCCC to try to lock all this down but, boy, is it a chore! Ahh, feels good to vent. Thank you.

i feel your aggrevation because i feel exactly the same. yeah i never even saw a normal looking male generated sim let along a decent looking one...and half of them are usually elders as well and those are especially obnoxious when it comes to stalking my young adult females trying to force romance against my will >.< females are a coinflip imo, but in most cases especially teen females are the gems in the pile of trash.. male teens tho already usually look like trash….
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I actually for the first time have some nice or decent looking random roomies in my dorm. They just don't shower and the garbage shoot doesn't seem to work. Oh and some sim stole my magic mail.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    edited November 2019
    I'd find it silly if an innocent girl like Zoe Patel or Summer Holiday became very agressive paparazzi, or an evil Malcolm Landgraab became a Landlord or something of the like. i don't mind a few randoms but not a whole lot.

lol... you should try Sims bustin' out hahaha guess who's actually the evil landlord XD yup...Malcolm Landgraab!

and yeah… i don't imagine it either but as it is now Zoe Patel and Summer Holiday are nothing but work NPC's while the randoms who should fill those roles (the reason why the game supposidly spawns them to begin with!) do nothing but pester me all day