Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg!! stop already game devs!!

Comments

• Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Hey everyone,

I absolutely get being frustrated about aspects of the game. But I want to remind everyone, to treat people with respect on this forum. This includes the game developers. You can absolutely talk about your grievances with the game, but please do it in a constructive and respectful manner. Common courtesy goes a long way.

Thanks,
    Spectre
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    The random townies (looks, names and general overtake) seem to annoy the majority of players.

I wonder if there is an actual helpful thread here on the forum for the gurus where we could try and find a solution and make suggestions to make the townie generation better?
    I think that if we want change we must be proactive and give example of what a better townie system might look like.

I have to say I have my gripe with them as well. I played in a save yesterday where I have lots of active households with aging off. My sims are so elusive. I had a household visit 4 venues of different types and only one of my own sims from another household showed up, a celebrity of course, no others and no preemade sims like the Goth etc. Just randomly generated townies :/ Most of the time I don't care but at times like that it does impact the gameplay and of course I notice them when I'm waiting for anyone of my sims to show up.

I also have a problem with restaurants. There is only one sim from an active household that shows up, and a couple of preemade household sims (Spencer-Kim and Nancy Landgraab) all other patrons are random townies I couldn't care less about. My sim that owns the restaurant is a loner so he gets tense when interacting with sims since he isn't friends with them. I thought I'd make it a challenge and have him befriend all my sims that come to eat so he won't be as tense but since they never come...

I don't really care that the game create random sims to be mixologists or paparazzi (although it would be cool if I could assign those roles, especially in long going saves).
    But why does the randoms get created just to bloat the save with no purpose but visit venues? I don't need random sims to visit the bar when there are a ton of preemade and my own sims already to choose from. They also want to go to the bar or go out for a meal, I promise.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's bad enough that I have some unknown CC creating these odd doll-like sims...
    11-19-19_8-20-41nbspAM.png

But the game is putting the worst combinations of clothes, make-up, hair, and hats on them.
    11-19-19_8-20-53nbspAM.png

DU is giving dormies friends, girlfriends, and boyfriends.
    11-19-19_8-21-29nbspAM.png

This guy is actually stuck in the girl's bathroom because I have the door facing the wrong way.
    I am glad she brought my attention to it, and I am okay with the makeover. His makeover is next.
    11-19-19_8-35-02nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like them. They make the world feel more alive. :)
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    if they wouldn't affect gameplay i couldn't care less that they exist because i can just ignore them, however they are way too dominantly present in this game. and University brought it to a new level because they completely dominate it: you cannot even leave your locked bedroom there because once you do they will swarm you like crazy and you won't have a moments peace without them continuously bothering you. and for me it is ruining the fun because i don't want to know them and thus the game forces me to live like a hermit locked in my bedroom even in the dormhouse because they are everywhere and they never stop pestering my sims
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

I use MC to adjust townies so mine spawn more than randoms. it is in MC population > populating settings > set the randoms in percent [age group] to a lower % and then go into import tray settings and get your sims from other households into the game by setting that up with a higher chance of them replacing random townies.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I don't mind them. I just wish the game had a limit of how many it created. It just seems to be endless. I've made over lots of them and I keep them in my game but the game doesn't use them. Instead it creates more and more new ones. That's what I find most annoying.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don't mind them. I just wish the game had a limit of how many it created. It just seems to be endless. I've made over lots of them and I keep them in my game but the game doesn't use them. Instead it creates more and more new ones. That's what I find most annoying.

and this is why i never bother giving them makeovers anymore. happens every time and besides: i want to interact with the sims with an actual story instead of Derumk yapahappalokumari who just one day crawled out of the dirt and started stalking my female sim like a creep

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    MC Population>Population_RandomUseTraySimPercent

Determines the chance that a Sim randomly generated by the Sims 4 will import the name and appearance of a Sim from the library of the player instead. 100% means only tray Sims will be used. 0% means no tray Sims will be used.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Percent

Tray = Library. So with this you can set your game to only import sims you created or downloaded from the gallery from your library into your game.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    well.... after trying again i have come to the conclusion that dorm life in this new EP stinks…. nothing but random generated sims as roomies -.- i was already suspecting this could be the case but it still stinks it is actually the reality… ohh well gives my sims all the incentive to just focus on their studies i guess? bummer!

That negative is easily the biggest positive: it will encourage your sim to pass their grades and seek to escape as soon as possible! If i were in that position with someone i found less than what i'd like (phrasing it as diplomatically as possible), then i'd work so much more and spend as much time away from the dorm as i could to avoid having the chance to talk to them, knowing they are back there gives you all the incentives to stay out in the wild.

Reminds me of a Babylon 5 episode where Londo Mollari's wives are on Centauri Prime and recalls his experience of them, nicknaming them "Pestilence, "Famine" and "Death". Sorry showing my age a little. :blush:

We all make sacrifices! GREAT sacrifices!
  • Options
    well.... after trying again i have come to the conclusion that dorm life in this new EP stinks…. nothing but random generated sims as roomies -.- i was already suspecting this could be the case but it still stinks it is actually the reality… ohh well gives my sims all the incentive to just focus on their studies i guess? bummer!

That negative is easily the biggest positive: it will encourage your sim to pass their grades and seek to escape as soon as possible! If i were in that position with someone i found less than what i'd like (phrasing it as diplomatically as possible), then i'd work so much more and spend as much time away from the dorm as i could to avoid having the chance to talk to them, knowing they are back there gives you all the incentives to stay out in the wild.

Reminds me of a Babylon 5 episode where Londo Mollari's wives are on Centauri Prime and recalls his experience of them, nicknaming them "Pestilence, "Famine" and "Death". Sorry showing my age a little. :blush:

We all make sacrifices! GREAT sacrifices!

And knowing they are back there is what keeps me here, 75 light years away! :D
    Such great humor and also true in circumstances like these though.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had a good laugh with this thread because I did attend and graduate from university. Oh you are going to hate college of you ever decide to go because those Sims are what are normal looking college students look like. So funny to think that only the Hollywood plastic surgery look attend college. Welcome to the reality of university I guess. XD That is why there is that saying Freshman 15. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshman_15 Not only do you not sleep well, but unless you take an exercise class with the college diet of cheap poor food you gain weight. I guess the university lifestyle just isn't for you. Also pretty sure bulk of Simmers send their Sims to the gym before themselves anyway, so I like how the Sims 4 is finally starting to generate real people instead of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looking ones. Reflects the Sims community a lot more realistic. But yes that is what happens with story progression too. Sims 2 was the last Sims main iteration game that didn't have it and I find provided a more stable processing system not having it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited November 2019
    I was looking at the pictures in this thread @Scobre and was like "they look just like normal people." Personally I'm not entirely sure what the issue with them is either.

But some people really don't seem to like them, and that's valid feedback.

Edit: As we are quoting Babylon 5 here, I can not but mention my man G'kar, who said: "Each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us."

So yes, please feedback, but also: "Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another."
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    I was looking at the pictures in this thread @Scobre and was like "they look just like normal people." Personally I'm not entirely sure what the issue with them is either.

Edit: As we are quoting Babylon 5 here, I can not but mention my man G'kar, who said: "Each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us."

So yes, please feedback, but also: "Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another."

I find the sims themselves fine mostly. We have pear shaped and chunkier people in real life so to me it seems more realistic to not have all of the sims look like barbie dolls. It's the random put together outfits and makeup they appear in that is my issue with them and the awful situational outfits. I've made over many townies in my game and with a little bit of effort they actually are cute looking sims.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member

Personally I don't like them because they act as placeholders for your own premades for one, and also because they are inconsistent from one game to another. Creating real, consistent townies would go a long way; a consistent community of sorts. I care little about their said 'ugliness', I would even say that it makes some of them all the more charming (in a sense). In TS1/2/3 not all of them were pretty, but they were there, consistently, as parts of the community. TS4 randoms are just 'imported pieces' that imo, mash terribly with the world they're brought in.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

Determines the chance that a Sim randomly generated by the Sims 4 will import the name and appearance of a Sim from the library of the player instead. 100% means only tray Sims will be used. 0% means no tray Sims will be used.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Percent

Tray = Library. So with this you can set your game to only import sims you created or downloaded from the gallery from your library into your game.

Will it download and place entire families in your library?
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I too just give them a make over and try to incorporate them into my game one way or another. I will likely do that if and when I get them in my DA gameplay. My only issue is that I wish they would stop generating them at some point.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I use MC to adjust townies so mine spawn more than randoms. it is in MC population > populating settings > set the randoms in percent [age group] to a lower % and then go into import tray settings and get your sims from other households into the game by setting that up with a higher chance of them replacing random townies.

Truthfully, I don't add too many of my own sims to the town. Usually just one or two households. I rely on EA premades and randomly generated townies to help my worlds feel populated.
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I absolutely agree with the OP. I have SO many ugly male townies appearing in my game and after University, there has been so many more. I've tried the MCCC thing but it hasn't helped for me. My issue is that they all look the same. I would happily just ignore them but they end up marrying and having babies with my Sims which messes everything up. I paid a lot of money for this game and the expansions and I think we have every right to express on this forum if we don't like something.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options

Quite tickled by such a comment :smile: .

But i don't go around ignoring anyone who wishes to make a comment, so long as it has a valid point. Sometimes i got to be proactive and be blunt about the issue by confronting it directly to others, it might not look entirely constructive but i assure you it has a point, in order to promote the best in others and to keep away complacency, which unfortunately i see sometimes.

Anyway, got nothing more for this thread as it seems to of ran it's course, at least as far as i can tell.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    If it was just their looks, like i said before, i wouldn't care since i too applaud diversity. why else would i be such a huge fan of the Bunch family in Sims 3?? a town with just skinny models and barbies and kens would annoy me just as much as a town full of pears.

I wouldn't care much if they were just ugly (eye of the beholder but i find them as alluring as a pile of puke most of the times), what ticks me of is how hugely they are favored over premade families with actual stories and work put into them. just like now with University: why doesn't the game enroll premades? nope, this too is utterly dominated by the random generated, all i see premades do is being stall vendors or bartenders.
    why even bother making premade families if the game is just gonna pick random generated anyways to pester me all day? why doesn't the game pick Zoe Patel and her roomies to go to college?? Mitchell Kalani isn't a swimsuit model either but he doesn't make my skin crawl like those random YA men who look like grandpas do. why do most of them Always have that whacky curled moustache and a santa beard?? why Always the tiny eyes and fat lips?? why almost Always the pear shape?? variation my hiney -.- they Always look the same…
    My major problem with them is that they ruin the immersion of the entire game: i want the game to be about my sims and the premade families, not about my sims and the random storyless and most of the times just plain weird sims while Nalani isn't living in Sulani anymore but just stands in a food stall all day -.- the game Always uses her as vendor trash and it angers me because she is such a well made sim with a potential story to her. put Genji Ghomari who has no story anyways in the food stall please -.- i never cared about him anyways.

on a side note...WHY??? why not enroll Zoe Patel and her roomies into college?? they would have been PERFECT for it -.- guess i'll just play them myself once i figure out how to enroll more than one sim for a semester...
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I actually like random generated townies. They give off a city living vibe. I think it‘s weird to see Caleb as a Barista, Vladislaus as a member of the robotics club and Bjorn as a headphone seller.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

True. I'm just a pear shaped person and just comes off as unkind calling Sims with curves "hideous trash, obese females, and ugly elder male pear". The mermaid in Sulani, Nalani looks really realistic to one of my close friends I've known since kindergarten growing up who is part Filipino and African American, so I was really happy when Island Living came out with more realistic body types. I am just glad even Barbie company is coming out with more realistic looking dolls too that are more inclusive towards kids these days, so I'm happy Maxis is starting to do that too.
    https://time.com/5684822/mattel-gender-neutral-doll/
    https://www.dezeen.com/2016/02/01/barbie-dolls-fashionista-collection-mattel-new-body-types/

I just wish I had these type of Barbie dolls growing up because sadly my generation and older grew up without things and it is a type of thing that helps promote negative views of body images growing up. Horrifies me learning that models eat tissues all day to keep skinny too. There was an article a former CM shared which was enlightening about weight: http://www.eatingwell.com/article/2058717/losing-weight-as-a-fat-girl-was-the-most-dangerous-thing-ive-ever-done/

I never watched Babylon 5, but I did grow up watching the Twilight Zone which had an episode called Eye of the Beholder which made me think of this thread.:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puo82y6MsBQ

But yeah end of the day, I'm seeing valid complaints of people not liking story progression both with the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 whether it is this or supernaturals or outfits. I wish the game had a toggle to turn it off instead of having to rely on mods like MCCC. I have the mod installed, so I am able to put more realistic Sims into the game. Might be an option for the OP to do too.

True I could have been nicer saying barbie doll instead. I got drilled in school on a video about body image because it was so common at such a young age and seen fellow students get ill from the "normal" look. I just don't like seeing that promoted within the Sims community too seeing history repeat itself with the Aryan features only as the only thing that is pure and normal. People do have the right to feel that way but it would be nice to see curves not described with insults too, but the whole idea of normal varies from person to person and different regions throughout the world. Being that this is an US forum, we all have ancestry from all parts of the world and come in all shapes and sizes and colors and genders and I like how the Sims themselves can help reflect who we really are.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

Will it download and place entire families in your library?

From my experience using it, no; it takes individual Sims from family households and places them down as single townies in my case. Unless Deaderpool has changed this to be more efficient and reliable, that's what'll happen.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I mean fat lips are very popular now in Hollywood which always make me think of people doing the duck face in pictures:
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-949c745f6c857c4010c38834079bf864.webp

Not the ideal look I like to do with my Sims either. I remember one of my favorite Sims to make was Madea especially after the gender update. Such a fun pear shaped Sim to make and having her raise adopted children with the hates children trait was a blast.
    p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5