Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    unknown.png

Morgyn is a boyfriend stealer

Good for him.
  • Options
    PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

In case you haven't noticed cat, they are using the elevators and apartments from City Living to do the dorms. You can clearly see the "build mode buildings" on top of the fx buildings in the trailer, in one of the neighborhoods. It'll probably be the same teleport up and down situation.

I thought they were from the pack.

They are, but they are recycling them from CL.

I don't care if they're recycling as long as we finally get working elevators. Do we get them for our houses too? The reason I ask: Please see this post - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968414/5-years-and-still-no-disabled-sims#latest
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I'm excited to know sims can bring their toddlers to uni. The game play trailer and the blog are going to keep me going until the livestream. 😊
    HSau :)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,420 Member
    In case German-speaking players missed the German version of the trailer, here it is:

https://youtu.be/-C8r5nYolQs
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love how people are excited about student debt.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lillyracer12lillyracer12 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > If i'm not mistaken I think Discover University will support Realm of Magic really well.
    > the whole "Secret Society" looks like an addition to it.
    > it makes sense the mysterious nature of Magic and Wisdom is power, are hand in hand. then again I'm just hopeful for more spells and I'm not sure what i saw was "Real" magic but I'm hopeful it could be more spells. that could link into realm of magic.
    > I like that it's not a Magic University but theres an underground network banding together.
    >
    > again Soccer, Sketching, Keg Parties. 🍻⚽️🙌🏾

Yeah, I'm really interested in how the Villainy degree path affects the Realm of Magic gameplay. Especially since they didn't add a "good" or "bad" wizardry path like they do with Vampires.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I love how people are excited about student debt.

Maybe cuz they can afford to pay it off in Sims
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,328 Member
    French version... doesn't speak French...

Sorry France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Quebec (Canada), ...

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Wow! I'm glad everyone else has pretty much expressed my thoughts because I have no words. But I am impressed that they made a gameplay trailer with no gameplay in it. Congrats devs. Did anyone notice what was missing from the trailer? No one was riding a bicycle, anywhere. I saw one leaning against the house, but that's it.

I hope everyone realizes that they have gotten better at making nothing look like something. There are no sports but you can join a sports club and everyone can kick a soccer ball by themselves together.

And while the secret society looks good in their robes and masks, why are they in another hidden world (and they told us that not enough players use the two hidden ones we already have) or is it one of the ones we already have? Doesn't matter because a secret society should meet in a hidden room in the basement or attic plotting how to take over the world. So what's with the magic stuff and being "Blessed"?

And someone (young apparently) please tell me what "Julia is a whole mood" means. Is that another silly phrase like "It made me feel a certain way"? Of course you felt a certain way, you're alive and thinking and breathing. You feel all day long, every day. Great, now I'm a whole mood.

It's good to see the cafeteria but unless it can be used outside of the pack in the real world, it might as well be a bicycle.

I do give the devs credit for one thing. Anyone remember a teacher telling a kid (or you :D ) that if you put as much effort into actually studying as you do into trying to get out of studying, you'd be class valedictorian? Devs, you could be class valedictorian.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    While most of the action was Julia kicking the ball around, if you watch the very beginning of the soccer sequence, she's kicked the ball by another sim.

Doesn't get to actually playing, but it's more than sims doing stuff by themselves together.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    unknown.png

Morgyn is a boyfriend stealer

I feel like anyone could have seen this twist coming from a mile away. :lol:
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    I'm surprised that nobody mentioned that the girl's name is Julia Wright.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Nobody notice it... but when did the sims learn to speak English ?

I know right? SMH
  • Options
    It's not a gameplay trailer so, can we please just call it what it is? A glitter trailer, all shiny and brite (see what I did there?).
  • Options
    edited November 2019

I know right? SMH

It happened when they sang during a GT trailer showing off Windenburg. It was funny.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    this trailer is a mood. i'd be enjoying them new gimmicks to get wet and wild if u know what am saying.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Did anyone else notice that Julia was working on a Star Trek-like floating electronic screen at 0:22?
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am currently an #undergrad in #uni, and this entire trailer did not #resonay-nay with my #gaming%100 #lifegoals.

Are we supposed to talk like that?

• Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    When they discovered StrangerVille :D

They teach ESL at the University of Britechester.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2019
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Best trailer so far. Julia Wright (main sim in trailer) has proved to be relatable. Going to be honest, I didn’t like the idea of University till the trailer dropped but now I love it. I like how there is actually punishments for not focusing on school, like loosing a scholarship. One of my biggest hopes is that you can actually take your children to University, have them live with you and your roommate in the dorm, and get pregnant on campus and keep the baby there. That addition alone will make me very happy. I’m so getting a sim with Julia lol

children do not belong in dorm rooms and with college roommates. I agree with the ability to get pregnant while at university, however, the pregnant sim needs to move to off-campus housing with their family. I'm unaware of university dorms that allow children.

also wanted to add, I too feel like this was the best gameplay trailer. I really enjoyed the storyline.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wow! I'm glad everyone else has pretty much expressed my thoughts because I have no words. But I am impressed that they made a gameplay trailer with no gameplay in it. Congrats devs. Did anyone notice what was missing from the trailer? No one was riding a bicycle, anywhere. I saw one leaning against the house, but that's it.

I hope everyone realizes that they have gotten better at making nothing look like something. There are no sports but you can join a sports club and everyone can kick a soccer ball by themselves together.

And while the secret society looks good in their robes and masks, why are they in another hidden world (and they told us that not enough players use the two hidden ones we already have) or is it one of the ones we already have? Doesn't matter because a secret society should meet in a hidden room in the basement or attic plotting how to take over the world. So what's with the magic stuff and being "Blessed"?

And someone (young apparently) please tell me what "Julia is a whole mood" means. Is that another silly phrase like "It made me feel a certain way"? Of course you felt a certain way, you're alive and thinking and breathing. You feel all day long, every day. Great, now I'm a whole mood.

It's good to see the cafeteria but unless it can be used outside of the pack in the real world, it might as well be a bicycle.

I do give the devs credit for one thing. Anyone remember a teacher telling a kid (or you :D ) that if you put as much effort into actually studying as you do into trying to get out of studying, you'd be class valedictorian? Devs, you could be class valedictorian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,132 Member
    @EA_Mai While I don't play the Sims 4 (kinda stuck on Sims 3... :p ) I have to say that is the cutest new EP video I have ever seen out of the franchise! :blush:

So much realism to it. Adulting can be hard, but we can all OWN it! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    The trailer has me excited. I've never played University in any other iteration of the sims so this will be a first for me, so I don't have anything to gripe about. I'm looking forward to playing this and kinda wish this pack was out when I decided one of my sims wanted to be a vet, which of course would have required her to go to school for. It's been confirmed by one of the SimGuru's that there will be some buildable lots, so for everyone that says it doesn't look like the dorms are buildable, maybe build your own? I love the addition of the loan system, because realistically college isn't cheap, and not everyone can get a scholarship. It's definitely going to be interesting trying to send your kids off to college when you're already living on the edge of broke. I also, wonder if taking out a loan is only exclusive to when sims apply to school. It would be nice if the loan system extended to taking out a loan to buy property like a restaurant or vet clinic. Right now, I use a mod that allows my sims to take out loans. I like the option of either living on or off campus, and that you have a choice of 2 schools to pick from. From what I understand about Sim 3 University Life, there was only one school for your sim to go to. Overall, I'm excited for this pack and can't wait to play it.

This is my exact situation. I'm so excited!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited November 2019
    There is never enough worlds in Sims 4 especially when you cannot even alter them, so there is never enough.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen