Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Prediction 2019 S1] In which month will we get the next pack?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,506 Member
    edited December 2018
    February
    I'm expecting a big announcement and trailer for the next Gamepack probably sometimes in January.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    February
    I would like to think there would be something in January but although it would be the first year of Sims 4 without DLC I think it is a little more likely to be February. If ... it isn't a SP. If they continue making those then we may well get one in January, other than that I think we will get a GP in Feb.

Time will tell, as always. :)
  • Options
    February
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I would like to think there would be something in January but although it would be the first year of Sims 4 without DLC I think it is a little more likely to be February. If ... it isn't a SP. If they continue making those then we may well get one in January, other than that I think we will get a GP in Feb.

Its possible we ll get a Stuffpack in January and a Gamepack in February.
  • Options
    IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    January 2019
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I'm expecting a big announcement and trailer for the next Gamepack probably sometimes in January.

I hope so!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    January 2019

We could be surprised with a January patch that includes a big feature (I know they've said they haven't started working on cars, but they've been quiet about NPCs like burglars and firefighters) similar to how we got the toddlers in January 2017. I think they're rethinking SP strategies after the marketing debacle that was MFP. I think they'll still make them but less often and only for themes that lend themselves to it. Maybe a Teen SP to complete the trilogy, with skateboarding as the gameplay feature -- with the terrain tools it might be possible to make some killer skate parks, unless they give us the modular tools to make our own (like the dog training course pieces).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    February
    I think we will get something by Feb, not an EP pack but something either a SP or GP. To soon for another EP they are probably working on one but it probably isn't ready yet. They had Christmas and you know no one was working.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    January 2019
    We need to milk the cow! And worse comes to worse, we can give players a stuff pack of the game pack. Oops. Did I say it out loud?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    A Game Pack in February, a Stuff Pack in April and a Expansion Pack in June.

ooOOooh, what could it be... I am currently looking forward on a witches game pack , a stuff pack for teens/elder and a university/ education expansion.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    January 2019
    I hope we have a romance themed pack in February, but do hope there's something coming along in Jan too- even if it's just a free update (recently those have been great!)
  • Options
    Jetgirl2113Jetgirl2113 Posts: 9 New Member
    January 2019
    The release schedule for 2018 was odd as we got 2 stuff packs and a game pack in 3 months then huge gaps. It was a lot of content overall but weirdly spread. I hope it's more even this year. I'm expecting we may see something end of Jan / beginning of Feb but likely a stuff or game pack.

I know they moved some teams around as SimGuru Graham for one mentioned moving from stuff packs to expansions which makes sense given what we saw released. I don't think that means they won't ever do GP/SP again though. The smaller content packs are much more affordable so I'd hope they keep them.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    April
    Many people want Stuff packs to retire and not be made anymore from now on. I don't know if I agree. There were some very good ones...
    When it comes to Game Packs, I really want them to keep being a thing. I feel Game Packs are way better than EPs or SPs.
    But that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,007 Member
    January 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Many people want Stuff packs to retire and not be made anymore from now on. I don't know if I agree. There were some very good ones...
    When it comes to Game Packs, I really want them to keep being a thing. I feel Game Packs are way better than EPs or SPs.
    But that's just my opinion.

I enjoy all 3 different packs. Stuff packs give us extra hair, clothes, furniture and an action item. Game packs seem to be put together well, and sometimes contain a small world, or a playable system ( like dine out or spa day). And of course expansions usually give us a larger world and many items, clothes, etc. and some kind of grand feature. They all have a place to my way of thinking. Hoping we see witches next in a game pack.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    January 2019
    I think we're getting a new pack soon or two. A GP with witches when I predicted the voice acting from the new simlish right. And a stuff pack maybe, who will be returning after last marchs disaster.
  • Options
    February
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I hope we have a romance themed pack in February, but do hope there's something coming along in Jan too- even if it's just a free update (recently those have been great!)

This.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,413 Member
    edited January 2019
    May
    Basegame (Sep.)
    <- 7 months ->
    EP01 Get To Work (Mar.)
    <- 8 months ->
    EP02 Get Together (Dec.)
    <- 11 months (Gender Patch in June) ->
    EP03 City Living (Nov.)
    <- 12 months (Toddler Patch in Jan.) ->
    EP04 Cats & Dogs (Nov.)
    <- 7 months ->
    EP05 Seasons (June)
    <- 5 months ->
    EP06 Get Famous (Nov.)

I imagine an EP is planned in March or May

GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)

And maybe another GP in January or February
  • Options
    February
    We may get a teaser for the next pack Tomorrow.
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2019
    January 2019
    After the stream on twitch they confirmed that there is no new content comming for the sims4 in january.

so it MAY be feb. (or later) but, I think it will be feburary to make the anniversary more exiting

Also they wrote there are NO hints hidden in the AlexaSims app.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    April
    I'm still saying it's March.
    (Accidentally clicked April and can't change it)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    GP at the end of february/beginning of march, EP only after june I believe. Maybe a stuff pack in between.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    February
    I hope a supernatural GP for February.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    February
    As a cheater voting from the halcyon future of 2019, it looks like it's going to be February.
  • Options
    February
    The fact that we're not getting a patch this month must mean a Gamepack is getting completed so February? That's what I'm guessing.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    February
    I figure we'll get a GP or SP in February.
  • Options
    February
    I figure we'll get a GP or SP in February.

Hoping it's a GP in Feb and an SP in March.