Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Munterbacon yeah 4 different perspectives which story are you referring too when talking about your own experience?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito my biggest issue will be writing the Rashmon chapter because I will have to do each thing about 4 times to view it from different angles.

this might be a dum question. why can't you just rotate the camera?

I think she means that she needs to write from 4 different POV’s?

I can attest to how hard that is after recently completing a chapter with 6!

Yeah, I agree. Definitely tough. I'm sure you'll do great @MadameLee :) But 4 different POVS is definitely a challenge.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @simscognito my biggest issue will be writing the Rashmon chapter because I will have to do each thing about 4 times to view it from different angles.

in generation 2 that happens a lot because of the situation.

bugsie will probably type what now but i'm trying hard not to do spoilers.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

What? You said I would.... :lol:
  • Options

Yeah, I agree. Definitely tough. I'm sure you'll do great @MadameLee :) But 4 different POVS is definitely a challenge.

it can be fun though . its easy to write one prospective. but challenges like 2 or more can really make you think about what the character might e thinking.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Yeah, you were certainly asking for that @friendsfan367 ! :D
  • Options

it can be fun though . its easy to write one prospective. but challenges like 2 or more can really make you think about what the character might e thinking.

True.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

i'll give you this much. read the story.

see cog got her back for yesterday.

bugsie it won't be for a while yet.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey, I'm a little bit late, but I brought a bad pun so that makes up for it, right?

card-valentine_orig.png
  • Options
    Cool poster @IchigoUsagi ! Love the fangs! :)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Munterbacon yeah 4 different perspectives which story are you referring too when talking about your own experience?

Talking about Ironbound for my story. After a long break I wanted to jump start the story so I could get to the good stuff I was chomping at the bit to introduce. I ended up doing a time jump and quick snippets from the 6 characters on what they were doing over the year or so gap.

If it helps, I used the Line Break to separate the POV’s and make it easier for the readers to know that we had a new POV.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I have an idea for my Vampire SimLit! Incorporating both horror and a premade family into it :smiley:

A rich family which consists of a mother, father, 2 teenage girls, a child girl, child boy, toddler boy, and a skeleton maid (It's Bonehilda because i found the cc XD) are setting an arranged marriage for one of their teen girls for when she ages into young adult. She revolts but they refuse to change their mind. She is dating Caleb Vatore but they don't approve of the relationship (which is why the marriage). She runs off with Caleb and they try to stop her. When she grows up she becomes really insane and attacks her family for trying to come between her and Caleb (who at this point are engaged). They enlist the help of Vlad, but she defeats him. Lillith turns her into a vampire and that's all i'll get into as that's all i got XD

Does that sound like a good plotline?

I think it could work, but you'd probably need to flesh out some of the details more (I mean, you're probably already planning on that, but here's my two-cents anyways). I feel like there should be more of a reason for the girl to resort to murdering her own family. 'Arranged marriage? Off with their heads!' sounds a little unwarranted. Also, I might refrain from having the whole 'oh the murderer's crazy, that's why she's a murderer' thing, because that's kind of overdone and a little insensitive to people with mental illnesses.

Like I said though, that's just my opinion. :) I'm sure you'll find an audience whether you take my advice or not. I just probably wouldn't be part of it because I'm not a big fan of horror to begin with and the whole demonizing mental illnesses thing really grinds my gears.

I hope I didn't sound too harsh, feel free to ignore me! (I'm having a not-so-great day so I'm sorry if that came through in my comment. :sweat_smile: )

She doesn't actually kill her family. She kills Vlad (And maybe some other people but still haven't decided on that yet).
    I haven't decided on a reason for her insanity, but i will stay away from reasons that make it seem like i'm demonizing mental illness. I seriously hate when people do that as well.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    @simscognito @CathyTea look at whose shows up at the same restaurant ie guess for a wedding anniversary date?
    nR9C7wo.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Gahh!!!! It's him? It's that comedian!!! Forgotten his name, unfortunately, but I know who he is!!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @MadameLee Gahh!!!! It's him? It's that comedian!!! Forgotten his name, unfortunately, but I know who he is!!!! :smiley:

Matt Guion (aka Henry's Dad) and the female is Henry's Mom Alica

@simscognito Gen 7 is finally the first Gen to go to
    post secondary school and graduate from it

it's kind of ironic that Matt and his wife in RL were eating seafood and their sim versions, which i made also ate seafood
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I have an idea for my Vampire SimLit! Incorporating both horror and a premade family into it :smiley:

A rich family which consists of a mother, father, 2 teenage girls, a child girl, child boy, toddler boy, and a skeleton maid (It's Bonehilda because i found the cc XD) are setting an arranged marriage for one of their teen girls for when she ages into young adult. She revolts but they refuse to change their mind. She is dating Caleb Vatore but they don't approve of the relationship (which is why the marriage). She runs off with Caleb and they try to stop her. When she grows up she becomes really insane and attacks her family for trying to come between her and Caleb (who at this point are engaged). They enlist the help of Vlad, but she defeats him. Lillith turns her into a vampire and that's all i'll get into as that's all i got XD

Does that sound like a good plotline?

I think it could work, but you'd probably need to flesh out some of the details more (I mean, you're probably already planning on that, but here's my two-cents anyways). I feel like there should be more of a reason for the girl to resort to murdering her own family. 'Arranged marriage? Off with their heads!' sounds a little unwarranted. Also, I might refrain from having the whole 'oh the murderer's crazy, that's why she's a murderer' thing, because that's kind of overdone and a little insensitive to people with mental illnesses.

Like I said though, that's just my opinion. :) I'm sure you'll find an audience whether you take my advice or not. I just probably wouldn't be part of it because I'm not a big fan of horror to begin with and the whole demonizing mental illnesses thing really grinds my gears.

I hope I didn't sound too harsh, feel free to ignore me! (I'm having a not-so-great day so I'm sorry if that came through in my comment. :sweat_smile: )

She doesn't actually kill her family. She kills Vlad (And maybe some other people but still haven't decided on that yet).
    I haven't decided on a reason for her insanity, but i will stay away from reasons that make it seem like i'm demonizing mental illness. I seriously hate when people do that as well.

Yeah, I think you can definitely include it in a way that's tactful. So long as her mental illness isn't the main/only reason she's killing people, I think it should be fine. :)
  • Options

Thanks! It's a good thing I had that screenshot of my simself handy. :D I cut it kind of close on making the poster!
  • Options
    You're a vampire?? :o Hehe... I'm joking. I love your backgrounds! It's so bright and happy, contrasting the rather pointy fangs you've got. XD
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    You're a vampire?? :o Hehe... I'm joking. I love your backgrounds! It's so bright and happy, contrasting the rather pointy fangs you've got. XD

I was wondering if she was a vampire too!
  • Options

Thanks! It's a good thing I had that screenshot of my simself handy. :D I cut it kind of close on making the poster!

adrian still wouldn't let me take his picture so i waited til he was in the bathroom. he was done though.
  • Options

adrian still wouldn't let me take his picture so i waited til he was in the bathroom. he was done though.

Hehe!! I have that same problem with Henry. He's always trying to dodge my screenshots. :D He's been doing that since he was a kid.
  • Options

Hehe!! I have that same problem with Henry. He's always trying to dodge my screenshots. :D He's been doing that since he was a kid.

Did you see my reply to your post?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Did you see my reply to your post?

Wait what? Nope, I don't think I did.

EDIT: Just seen it. I'll reply.
  • Options

i get some group shots but sometimes getting a one sim shot takes creativity.
  • Options

Matt Guion (aka Henry's Dad) and the female is Henry's Mom Alica

@simscognito Gen 7 is finally the first Gen to go to
    post secondary school and graduate from it

it's kind of ironic that Matt and his wife in RL were eating seafood and their sim versions, which i made also ate seafood

Hehe, it's always spooky when simselfs do things that the RL people do too, autonomously. It's like they're too getting into character. XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top