Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    paneinger wrote: »
    Omg, this budget is crazy! Definitely a challenge. Question: can we combine the office and second bedroom into one room? Or do they have to be two separate rooms? All the empty space is driving me crazy without being able to clutter it up!

I think that's going to be my issue too! I luuuuuurve clutter!

It all looks so empty and not "lived in" without the clutter! If it wasn't for some super cheap cc, my house would be totally empty lol
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    moniquefsa wrote: »
    I finished mine, but I'm not sure if it's good enough. I'm going to try again to decide :smile:

@moniquefs Don't think of it as a 'competition' then, think of it as an excellent chance to try something new and get some great feedback :) The feedback opportunity is one of the reasons I've been participating!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I finished mine, but I'm not sure if it's good enough. I'm going to try again to decide :smile:
    @moniquefsa - don't forget there are three entry levels and the whole point of these challenges is to try and do something a little different.

@aricarai - the budget is as if she would be moving in on her own, as not everyone has the Pets EP....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    @moniquefsa - don't forget there are three entry levels and the whole point of these challenges is to try and do something a little different.

@aricarai - the budget is as if she would be moving in on her own, as not everyone has the Pets EP....

Ahhh thank you for the clarification :smile:
  • Options
    moniquefsamoniquefsa Posts: 127 Member

@moniquefs Don't think of it as a 'competition' then, think of it as an excellent chance to try something new and get some great feedback :) The feedback opportunity is one of the reasons I've been participating!

I know, it's just that I like to give my best. I'm really looking foward the feedback, I think that I have to improve my skills and I've never had feedback on my buildings before. I'm a little nervous :blush:

@BuildnShare Thanks, I tried some diferent styles, it was really fun! I finished, should I post here or in the other post?
  • Options
    @moniquefsa - entries should all be posted using the entry form on this thread! Can't wait to see what you've come up with :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    moniquefsamoniquefsa Posts: 127 Member
    @moniquefsa - entries should all be posted using the entry form on this thread! Can't wait to see what you've come up with :)

This thread is only for ts3? I play ts4, so I've posted on the other, the "BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #61 **DUE 15TH FEBRUARY 2017** ZERO DOXY". Is it right?
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: #186 Zer0Doxy

NAME: Forum I.D. JasonAnthonySterling Gallery I.D. TonySterling

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9044259

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1177343275714428

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20/ It doesn't have an address because it's a lot I placed myself in Lucky Palms but it is across the street from 70 Great Sand Rd. along the lake front/ 16500 (Build Cost 15300 Lot Cost 1200)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: There are a lot of details included with the pictures themselves, including some tricks for maximizing my budget in both Sims 3 and 4.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NOCC

I've chosen to do both the Sims 3 and 4 with this challenge to see the differences with each build. I've not tried to do exact copies of each other but the floor plans are the same. The pictures in the link show both houses side by side from approximately the same angle with each shot.

Front%20Elevation%201_zpssikcbq00.jpg

Front%20Elevation%204_zpstrezdbni.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
  • Options
    Thanks @ciane. I thought it would be a fun twist.
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling Love how the tree grows up through the opening in the roof! I always love little unusual details like that :)

• Options

This thread is only for ts3? I play ts4, so I've posted on the other, the "BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #61 **DUE 15TH FEBRUARY 2017** ZERO DOXY". Is it right?
    @moniquefsa - Yep, that's exactly right!!

@aricarai and everyone else wondering about SP/EP content, I've heard back and it will only be media that you provide for us judges that will be streamed on the vid, so carry go nuts!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    Nice builds @JasonAnthonySterling Liked your fb page
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling Oh hey, I just noticed your 'potential for expansion' ideas you included in your house pictures. That's an awesome idea! *strokes chin* I may have to do something like that...
  • Options
    @linzlulubell Thank-you!

@creativemetaphor Yeah, I thought, since the idea was to have room for expansion I'd throw out one early concept for the house with the gallery entry that could be done later as an example for the future. Actually in the end I'd probably do two bedrooms with ensuites down the back with the pool in the middle or maybe a second floor with the stairs in the gallery entry but the pictures I included are one quick possibility.
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling

I think one misnomer is the idea that you need a larger lot to expand, too. I liked the idea of doing a slightly more complex 'possible future' layout just to show that a 20x20 can still hold a lot of house, as well as having more expansion possibilities going down or up. Basement dens are so underrated ;)

Here is my idea of how this house can grow. 4 full bedrooms, the master suite has a spacious walk-in closet and private bath, the office shrunk just a little, but there's a much larger kitchen and full dining area, plus a very nice living room with fireplace, and a half bath on the main floor. There is also a small back patio for bbqs and just enjoying nature with a bit of privacy.

99-possible%20future%20main%20floor_zpssi2onehs.jpg
    99-possible%20future%202nd%20floor_zpslggmexuk.jpg
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor I love the second floor in your new layout, very cool! I agree with the lot size assertion that you can fit a lot of house on a small lor 20x20 or even 20x15- I even done some "row house" type places on 10x10. I went with a larger lot for this challenge just because I was afraid the specs were calling for it- my first lot was 30x40! The house was lost on it- lol. Then I scaled it back down and just hoped 20x30 would be big enough.
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor I love the second floor in your new layout, very cool! I agree with the lot size assertion that you can fit a lot of house on a small lor 20x20 or even 20x15- I even done some "row house" type places on 10x10. I went with a larger lot for this challenge just because I was afraid the specs were calling for it- my first lot was 30x40! The house was lost on it- lol. Then I scaled it back down and just hoped 20x30 would be big enough.

Oh, I agree that the specs seemed to be calling for it, and I can't really argue against the requirements, but I just thought I'd like to show the judges that a large lot isn't the only way to get a larger build :)

I absolutely adore building on 10x10 lots! I've got a stack of them in my studio :mrgreen: It's so fun to see how much you can fit and how creative you can get with such limited space.
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Challenge no.186; Zer0Doxy

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9046625

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 186
    Password: Twitch (note is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yeah sure

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30X30, 2250 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley; Final Cost: 16,499 (Thought I'd save a little something for the Sims)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: So I have been wanting to challenge myself to a actual starter for a while because usually I build a larger house on the backs of my poor Sims. For this house I wanted to try something fun and different so I tried to replicate a train car or two and turn it into a house. I sincerely hope that it will be obvious, but there it is anyway. I tried to make the cars look a bit broken in with the addition of graffiti and weathered floorboards. I wanted it to feel up-cycled and fun for a Sim just starting out with an environmentally aware mindset. Hope everyone enjoys.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    @mederouin Omgosh I love it!!! It was *totally* obvious it was a set of train cars (yes, I looked before I read your description). <3 And the graffiti was just the right touch!
  • Options
    @mederouin Wow- great job. I love the out of the box train car look and I agree with @creativemetaphor it's very well done and you can easily tell that's the build concept! I looked over a few over your other builds on the gallery and they are really cool! You're a good builder!
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @mederouin - that's an amazing build there, and I agree with the others you can easily tell the concept!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

Thanks guys, @creativemetaphor, @JasonAnthonySterling , @FaithofKaela glad you liked it and that the concept was clear, that's the most any architect/builder can hope for. The whole build was fun, maybe some other time I could build the whole train. lol.
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Have I ever expressed how much I loathe budgets?! :lol: It's back to the drawing board for me!

#bulldozed

bbb99898-cd68-4516-a66c-f1a034abdcc9_zpszy94nggz.jpg
  • Options
    @aricarai LOL! I know, I keep looking at the pictures of mine and thinking "I really don't like those, I REALLY don't like the exterior of those, I should redo the entire thing" Ha ha ha! Oh well, it is what it is. It is within budget!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top