Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm sorry you were not able to get you entry in ISHTARJMD, that is a shame.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR #182 FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT:
    your results can be viewed here. Many apologies for the delay!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR #183 THE FOUR SISTERS OF THE APOCALYPSE:
    your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION BEGINNER ENTRANTS FOR #183 THE FOUR SISTERS OF THE APOCALYPSE:
    your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    Hope ya'll don't mind me adding some Christmas decor on the next challenge. I can't resist, sorry!
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and saw this thread. It looks like so much fun! I was thinking perhaps to play. I did have a question, though. For the current contest, am I meant to find an existing 20x20 lot with a view of the water or can I place a 20x20 lot somewhere to get me the view? Does the world matter at all? Thank you!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @creativemetaphor - welcome to the challenges- they're a lot of fun. You can place a 20x20 down or use an existing lot if you wish. And you can build in any world for this challenge.

Have fun! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [The Golden Years #184]

NAME: Luminey

LINK TO LOT:Coming Soon

LINK TO MEDIA: s106.photobucket.com/user/Lomira/library/Cozy%20Cottage

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Intermediate?

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, Magnolia Promenade, $27,915

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Cool earthy color scheme inside and plenty of cabin like furniture with a modern feel. House has a cozy library, living room for friends to visit, and basic bed bath combo. Fenced off garden to keep those pesky animals away with a pathway leading back to the house.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    @creativemetaphor - welcome to the challenges- they're a lot of fun. You can place a 20x20 down or use an existing lot if you wish. And you can build in any world for this challenge.

Have fun! :mrgreen:

Thank you!
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: The Golden Years Challenge no. 184

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9022766

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 184
    Password: GoldenYears (Note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20X20; placed lot N. Falls Ave, Moonlight Falls; Final cost: 29,997

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this lot I wanted to create something that felt rustic and rooted to the site. I choose to build a log cabin because I had never built one before and wanted to try out the look and to see how I could use that to create something that looked like it had been there for a while. I wanted it to feel cozy and welcoming, but also intimate and personal. I wanted this to feel like a place that no one would want to move away from in a long time.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited December 2016
    Here's Luminey's link for the slideshow:
    http://s106.photobucket.com/user/Lomira/slideshow/Cozy Cottage?sort=3

Nice color palette.

Got's yours rec'd too, mederouin.
  • Options
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-n-Share Challenge #184 - The Golden Years

NAME: creativemetaphor

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s14.photobucket.com/user/elengil/slideshow/Golden%20Years

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included in above slideshow

LEVEL: intermediate?

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 - No address/new placement in Aurora Skies. Final cost, 29,997. No depreciation used.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The cabin was perfect! One open room where you could see the view from almost everywhere except the bathroom. Big enough to tuck in some of the furnishings and decor they had picked up in their travels, but small enough to feel cozy and easy to clean. There was even an old dock Flint could fish from.

The garden was modest but offered enough room for both flowers and vegetables, even a small sitting area where Laurel could take tea with guests in the summer. There is always a third seat in the house to welcome a friend over. But the main use for the sofa is a cuddle in front of the fireplace.

Retirement doesn't mean giving up an active lifestyle. There is plenty to keep them both in good shape: treadmill, working out to the radio or TV, swimming in the lake, even just dancing together.

Mounted over Flint's desk - where he keeps up with bills and the like - is his prize fish. He also has a plaque and shelves with mementos of his career - including a few tattoos. One is of Laurel shortly after they were married, with her long red hair.

They tucked their luggage under the stairs and in the eaves of the loft, not quite ready to give up the possibility of future travel.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used.
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

NAME: Linzlulubell

LINK TO LOT: Not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA:

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/library/The Golden Years

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included in regular pictures

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 91 Horseshoe Bend, Moonlight Falls. Placed lot. Near old covered bridge. $28,962

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 1BR 1BA with full length front screened porch and lean to carport. Decorated in calming neutral nature colors and of corse for Christmas. Large indoor fireplace and outdoor fire pit area. Very simple living for two people. Natural trail to the water runs right beside house. Home has lovely view and many small animal and wildflower spawners. Small garden in the rear with a view from the bedroom to check on the growing veggies first thing in the morning. Kept the landscaping pretty but simple so the natural Forest could be observed better. I entered in advanced because of the special techniques I used to make the lean to car port. I'd also just like to let you know I now live on a farm and we can't get good internet because our house is so far from the road, so I have to pack up my PC and 4mo old baby and take it to a friends to upload my pictures and entry. Sometimes I don't write as much as I'd like to in my descriptions because of time constraints.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Any CC is made by me using TSR workshop
  • Options
    hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    Argh, this one is giving me so much trouble! I've started over at least 3 times and I just don't like any of my designs (plus my interior decorating skills need a lot of work :D ).
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Here's Luminey's link for the slideshow:
    s106.photobucket.com/user/Lomira/slideshow/Cozy%20Cottage?sort=3

Nice color palette.

Got's yours rec'd too, mederouin.

Thank you! It seems I'm not able to posts links just yet, so I tried my best to get around it.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Luminey - @rosemow has a thread to help you become a full member, you can check it out here:

http:///en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Argh, this one is giving me so much trouble! I've started over at least 3 times and I just don't like any of my designs (plus my interior decorating skills need a lot of work :D ).

You'll get there @hannahc1023, that's what these challenges are all about :D
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2016

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 184 The Golden Years

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Lauren and Flint are included in the slideshow

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 - 823 Trawler Cliffs (formally Smuggler's Parking) next to Smuggler's Beach in Barnacle Bay - 29,884

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Yay! Retirement after 42 years of military life. They have been talking about this day for a long time. Lauren and Flint knew they wanted a small, cozy place by water. When they found this place they knew they were home.
    After traveling the world they had accumulated a lot of stuff!! Boxes of stuff! Most of the things they had collected over the years would have to go...there just wouldn't be room for all of it. Flint asked Lauren to choose only a few of her favorite things, the ones that really meant something to her and donate the rest to a museum. Lauren kept two floral prints, a few knickknacks, a set of fans and a sword that were gifted to them. She also carefully packed up a few of Flints medals and his most prized mounted fish. She also went through her photo collected and had her favorites framed for the new house. Flint surprised her with a digital photo frame full of pictures from around the world.
    The house they eventually decided to call home is a one bedroom open floor plan cottage/cabin.
    The kitchen has an updated self-cleaning stove, courtesy of Mr. Handyman Flint and a canning station for Lauren to put up preserves and jellies from the garden produce.
    Just off the kitchen there is a screen in porch with a settee, art easel and tea table, Lauren loves to have tea in the evening while watching the stars come out over the beach.
    Instead of taking up valuable space on the small the lot, Flint decided to invest in one of those new fangled "All in one" bathroom appliances. He upgraded it to unbreakable and so far it's working out well.
    The cozy living area has a fireplace with Lauren's collection of decorative relics on the mantle and a dining area near the window that is open to the summer breezes coming off the nearby beach.
    The bedroom is decorated with some of Lauren's photography and a bit of their collection from their world travels.
    Outdoors there is covered parking for Flint's truck, a training dummy so Flint and Lauren can keep up with the martial arts they recently took up in Shang Simla and Lauren's garden.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

edited for spelling boo boo's
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member

Screenshot-589_zpsltv7hkss.jpg

NAME: paneinger

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15395364#Comment_15395364

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 - 29,960

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    See media link :) I really like this little house and I think my sims will keep it as a holiday home!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: tons and tons of cc, as always

• Options
    @BuildnShare - Quick question about the deadline. Midnight CST, just to clarify is that the morning of the 31st or the end of the 31st?

I'm coming down to the wire on this one.
  • Options
    @aricarai - it's midnight at the end of the 31st :) Good luck!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @aricarai - it's midnight at the end of the 31st :) Good luck!!

Ahhh so technically the 1st of January! That's good, great in fact! Means I can delete the whole of interior and see where my budget issues are. Thank you! :smile:
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Rec'd all the uploaded lots. Nice!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Rec'd all the uploaded lots. Nice!

How come you don't do these anymore?? Miss you! :)
  • Options
    naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    I want to for kicks try this challenge thou I have no desire to enter but I noticed something that was not mentioned that I think is importaint to notice. (partly because I don't have time as well long story I wanted to enter this challenge thou.)

For budget is it before or after the lot is aquired? ALSO is it lot value or does lot value not have a say in this?
    I noticed thrugh my gameplay lot value can be altered by Moded items (*for example a automaticly cleaning tolet made with a sims handyness can add slightly to a homes value)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top