Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Supernaturals and Expansions

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
There was a famous tweet going around by a guru that said Life states were never meant to be a tradition. Get Together was the first expansion pack since Sims 2 days to not feature a playable life state. I know alot of people like to say free time and Bon voyage didn't, but Bon Voyage added big foot and Freetime added zombies (as did apartment life and University life) and also genies as non playable.

Whether they were meant to be a tradition or not is unimportant, they ARE one. And get together broke that tradition. Seriously the last time we got a life state was aliens in get to work. It has been almost a year and a half since the last life state. I've got Sims waiting to be Vampires and Witchs here.

Seriously, If the next expansion doesn't add a life state I'll be very upset. What do you guys think will happen with them?

Just a reminder this is not a thread to bash supernaturals in, I get that some of. You hate them but please do not post about how you wish they'd never come as that's not the purpose of this thread.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I believe EA will include all supernaturals in one single EP. So in my opinion it's unlikely we'll see another supernatural until such pack is released.

I don't know how they'd cram Mermaids, Plant Sims, Fairies, Plum bots, Genies, Witchs, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and possibly more all in one pack without it being half baked.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016

I don't know how they'd cram Mermaids, Plant Sims, Fairies, Plum bots, Genies, Witchs, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and possibly more all in one pack without it being half baked.

Because EA has never released any half baked features or Expansions...lol

Another option is that theyll try to sell us a series of Supernatural-related GPs (eg one including the basic: witches, werewolves vampires; another one including fairies and mermaids etc.). Plant sims were "included" in Cool Kitchen even though they are not a real life state, a certain ice cream flavor will turn your sim into a plant sim for a few hours (lame I know).
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

In TS3 the supernatural expansion contained vampires, fairies, werewolves, witches and zombies, so they should be able to cram that many into a single expansion again.
    I hope.

Personally, I think adding supernaturals to a fairytale themed expansion would work pretty well.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have stated many times that I believe they will release a supernatural EP with all supes in one pack. Then, If you're not interested in supes, you don't have to buy the pack.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things

My point exactly, I'd want the stuff, but not the supernatuals. Been there, done that.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I agree that supernaturals are a tradition, whether "intended" or not. They have always added a special element of fun and spiciness that is essential to my enjoyment of the game. Without any supers, the Sims, to me, is like playing barbies with that boring cousin that your parents made you hang out with. (Lol - just an analogy - I truly adore my cousins. :smiley: ) And I understand that many people are happy without them, and I fully support making them optional or putting them in a separate pack, but I need that dark ambience in my game. Custom content only takes it so far and merely adds the facade of a supernatural presence. Without gameplay, the world falls flat and more lifeless than my monsters' victims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I just sincerely hope that there is a Supernatural EP to begin with. It seems like EA has no interest in following previous games patterns this time around, which is really sucky in my opinion.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The sims without any supernaturals is rather bland. They have always added some type of edge to the game. I like when my sims are different from the rest, it makes me feel like their special, and powerful. I hope the next expansion they feature a new one but deep down I know that probably won't happen. If they do come most likely it will be in an expansion and I hope they make it regardless of them not being included in the survey last year.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member

Exactly. I hated that they added objects to Supernatural that had nothing to do with the occult, and I wanted. Like the beehive. At least they made it so you could turn those things off without having to use a mod. I already use a mod to get rid of ghosts. I didn't mind the ghosts in Sms 2, but I find it ridiculous now.

I really, really hope EA steps up and makes all life states optional without having to resort to an outside source.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    I just sincerely hope that there is a Supernatural EP to begin with. It seems like EA has no interest in following previous games patterns this time around, which is really sucky in my opinion.

i am sorry to say this but i am quite happy that the sims4 do not follow the pattern of the past game and hope it stays that way
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

In TS3 the supernatural expansion contained vampires, fairies, werewolves, witches and zombies, so they should be able to cram that many into a single expansion again.
    I hope.

Personally, I think adding supernaturals to a fairytale themed expansion would work pretty well.

Ohh... I would be very happy with a fairytale expansion with supernaturals. Keeping all fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    It think if they are going to add all supernaturals back, it would be in one EP and with a new fairytale/fantasy based world.
  • Options
    WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member

i am sorry to say this but i am quite happy that the sims4 do not follow the pattern of the past game and hope it stays that way

I think the expansions they are adding are just different enough to keep things fresh and interesting. Previously they had tapped into interactive careers and get to work kinda fleshed it out. They've had destinations before, they've had groups before, they've just expanded these ideas a bit.

But back on topic, I'd love supernaturals, just add that awesome unique perspective (they do) so it's not exactly like sims 3. I can't wait to see what the designers come up with :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I loved fairies, I hope they come back. Dunno about mermaids unless we ever get open swimming areas like the lakes or a beach.

But yeah I'm really bored without supernaturals, and I don't really like playing the aliens because of the age-up glitch so I'm still stuck with plain old sims
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I really hope they bring all of them back!! I miss them all (except for zombies)
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I really hope they bring all of them back!! I miss them all (except for zombies)
    Exactly my thoughts too! Sims 3 Zombies were so annoying!
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member

You dont have to apologize for that, its your own opinion! I like TS4 as well, don't get me wrong. I just have a feeling that we aren't going to see a lot of the classic EP's this go-around.
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Like others said, I think they will/should be put into one pack. This way it's totally up to players if they want these life states in their game. Can't say I am a supernatural simmer, I did like them in TS2 because they weren't invasive. It was challenging to turn my sim into a werewolf, vampire, and of course the game did not automatically have supernatural sims spawning on their own.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Because EA has never released any half baked features or Expansions...lol

Another option is that theyll try to sell us a series of Supernatural-related GPs (eg one including the basic: witches, werewolves vampires; another one including fairies and mermaids etc.). Plant sims were "included" in Cool Kitchen even though they are not a real life state, a certain ice cream flavor will turn your sim into a plant sim for a few hours (lame I know).

TS3 Supernatural didn't give them enough to shine individually though. And there were only really four of them in the pack, and only 3 new. So I don't think they can cram every single supernatural into one pack. That'd be too much. ( And if they add a world with them, it'd have to thematically fit, like Mermaids wouldn't have fit into the overall setting of Supernatural IMO )
    If you want them in a game pack I think 2 would be the way to go to flegde them out. 3 or more supernaturals would probably be stripped down by of a lot of features.
    Aliens in GTW were already bare because they tried to force so much stuff in there . They're missing stuff like special motives, summoning meteors, alien spaceships, a fully fledged out Sixam ( seriously, if you want to show us their home planet, show us their houses, let us live there, etc. )
    And the thingy in Cool Kitchen was a gimmick, a reference. Not a real plant Sim transformation. Don't take it too serious.

I personally think they should stick to the model they had and maybe if they find a fitting theme to include more than one supernatural in a pack, they should do it, but not at the risk of taking away features and abilities.

I think if they are adding any more life stages they should do one big EP and put them in it. Maybe around Halloween. But let it be a pack of some sort, please don't make it a patch. I would then have a choice.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    Well like Yoko said, even if it were a bigger EP, they'd still probably all end up lacking. I didn't mind TS3 supernatural too much, since some of the life states already existed and were just added onto, but the brand new ones still lacked a bit.

If they tried to shove vampires, witches, fairies, werewolves, mermaids, genies, plantsims, servos/plumbots/etc all into a single pack the theme would be all over the place cause the supernaturals are all so different. Then there'd have to be unique items/interactions for each of them, they probably wouldn't get enough...it'd really be a mess of an EP.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Well like Yoko said, even if it were a bigger EP, they'd still probably all end up lacking. I didn't mind TS3 supernatural too much, since some of the life states already existed and were juat added onto, but the brand new ones still lacked a bit.

If they tried to shove vampires, witches, fairies, werewolves, mermaids, genies, plantsims, servos/plumbots/etc all into a single pack the theme would be all over the place cause the supernaturals are all so different. Then there'd have to be unique items/interactions for each of them, they probably wouldn't get enough...it'd really be a mess of an EP.

Maybe then they should just do some and then make another pack for others. Like they kindof did with the childrens pack and the backyard pack.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well you can't fit all supernaturals into one pack... Well Maybe you can... I just don't think it would be as complex/successful as it should be...

I don't think

Sorcerers
    Werewolves
    Elfish (Fairy/Elf)
    Vampires
    Merfolk
    Genies
    Zombie/Mummy
    Ghosts (upgrades)
    Unicorns
    Dragons

Can fit in one EP and Still be Awesome.

But I understand from both stand points why Get Together Should/shouldn't have had a life State.

My opinion I think Werewolves would have been the best choice, for Get Together... not so much because of the World. But because of "Clubs/Groups/Packs" Werewolves and pack mentality. Alpha Beta Omega Dynamics.

However, As a Supernatural fan, and A lover of werewolves the spotlight and stage wasn't big enough.
    Again totally my opinion, I feel like if Werewolves, or any life state, were to be the Life State chosen, they should be one of the primary foci of the pack. but it couldn't because the main focus was Groups, and doing things with other sims.

Same goes with Get to Work, Aliens fit because they weaved it in with the Scientist Career. however I feel like Scifi fans got cheated. because they baby-proofed Alien Abductions, and to be honest there not a lot of Alien Variations. you can't make a one eyed alien, or 3 eyes at least. no tentacles for hands? morphed head shapes.

And if Supernaturals do come, I expect them to evolve with the game. I can't help but to notice, Once a Life state is introduced, that's it for them, they're never touched, or spruced up.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif