Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Supernaturals and Expansions

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I want mermaids and robots back. I loved them in Into the Future, and I had Island Paradise but didn't play it long enough.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I tried creating an alien witch that was in disguise and used the alien powers as witch powers. It kind of works, but I get bored with not having real witch powers. I want Harry Potter!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    what would you do if there was a supernatural ep but no supernatural lifestate in said ep because you do know with how the sims4 is that it could happen since it is not for us to decide (*this is not a hate or anti supernatural post its just a question for simmers to answer)?

If there were no supernatural life states it would then be something called....oh I don't know....Spooky Stuff?

After that there would be forum riots for the players who want them.

Imagine a pack called 'Play pens,highchairs and stuff' but no toddlers.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Something I want to bring up is that even if theyre in a seperate pack people will still complain. There were people in sims 3 days who got upset for the missing build buy stuff. I know alot of people wanted the rocking chairs. We need options.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    As long as there are options to turn them off, I'm fine with whatever comes along. They're not my thing but I'm interested in the build/buy mode possibilities.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    I love and want supernaturals back, soon! But I also want to be able to turn them off individually so they won't be in all my saves, just the ones I want them in.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Even though I like more realistic themes, I'd really like vampires back. :smile: And witches if they aren't too goofy.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think it would be perfect to have them like in Sims 2. The player had to intervene in order to have supernaturals in the game.

I also agree that Sims 3 went overboard. I love supernaturals, but I got annoyed that all my neighbourhoods were filled with them. I wanted them in only one neighbourhood and I wanted to control, who is one and who isn't. (That does not mean I want to have to ask vampires to bite me....that was just lame)
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Couldn't care less. Supernaturals are not wanted in my game.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

The very front page specifically says to please not post "I dont care I dont want them", please respect that.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    Life states are very important towards my play styles and stories, so I feel like I'm really going to be disappointed in this iteration if I don't get a nice variety and range of them. I prefer the Sims 2 life states personally and loved how they were handled in that they were user generated, not game generated plus the cure type potion was cool and nice option for people that didn't want their Sims to be a certain life state.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

The very front page specifically says to please not post "I dont care I dont want them", please respect that.

i respect that op but you do need to realise that since all simmers play diffrent supernaturals are unimportant and me i can say if there was a supernatural ep with out the lifestate itself i would be quite happy because i am 1 of those simmers that find these lifestate unimportant
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

Too bad for you then, because they are making this entire game based only on what I, and I alone, want, so buckle up Spud, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Bring on the supernaturals!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

i respect that op but you do need to realise that since all simmers play diffrent supernaturals are unimportant and me i can say if there was a supernatural ep with out the lifestate itself i would be quite happy because i am 1 of those simmers that find these lifestate unimportant

Yes but you were respectful and said you hope if they come that theres an option to toggle them off :smile:

I hope they do for you, although they wouldnt make a supernatural expansion without a life state
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP I more worried that EA will break the tradition of making EPs for the sims rather than the tradition of supernaturals!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I bet the next EP (politics - fashion - big city IMO) will bring vampires back. I can't wait to see TS4 vampires, they will look so awesome!
  • Options
    OP I more worried that EA will break the tradition of making EPs for the sims rather than the tradition of supernaturals!

The gurus have stated multiple times there will still be EPs so dont worry
  • Options
    I bet the next EP (politics - fashion - big city IMO) will bring vampires back. I can't wait to see TS4 vampires, they will look so awesome!

You have more optimism than I do on both counts. I have my doubts if they will return and if they do I think vamps will be more like Count Chockula rather than Dracula.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

You have more optimism than I do on both counts. I have my doubts if they will return and if they do I think vamps will be more like Count Chockula rather than Dracula.

I love Count Chockula and Frankenberry. A vampire that breaks into your house while you sleep and eats your cereal. How cool would that be?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I love Count Chockula and Frankenberry. A vampire that breaks into your house while you sleep and eats your cereal. How cool would that be?

I guess some people might like that.....me....not even. This game is barely hanging on to me by the finger tips. No supernaturals or supernaturals like Count Chockula would be the end.

I thought Spooky Stuff was way too cartoonish when I, and others, are pining away for something dark being added to the game.

I really expect to see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ViAELRM3I
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I don't want shallow supernaturals either. I want supernaturals to be scary with the dark humor element to them and not feel like Care Bears to hug or ugh the Twilight vampires again. Vampire that breaks house and eats cereal is too humanoid for me. Nothing supernatural about that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I am confident that not only will we get supernaturals at some point, but they will be the best version yet. Have faith dear friends, the end has not yet come. *turns and flies away into the night*
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I am confident that not only will we get supernaturals at some point, but they will be the best version yet. Have faith dear friends, the end has not yet come. *turns and flies away into the night*

The end is coming faster for some than others.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

Maybe but not as before. Once a year? this game more than the previous games desperately needs important EPs
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Maybe but not as before. Once a year? this game more than the previous games desperately needs important EPs

Well they never confirmed wed only get once per year. Theyre probably working on a big expansion like seasons or pets but my moneys on Generations. Normal expansions dont take this long. Ep 3 was confirmed to be in production back in november.