Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Supernaturals and Expansions

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    As for silly supernaturals I agree. Especially werewolves that tore up furniture and got smacked by newspapers when growling or coughing during a howl for a hair ball. Or vampires the sparkled.. Seriously.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I would be perfectly happy if the supernaturals are breaked up into game packs. Two or three per GP, around a theme, like gothic and fairytail. That would make me jump up and down :smiley:
    I didn't play supernaturals in TS3, besides vampires and mermaids, but I really liked the option of having them and I can defintetaly say that I would buy them in TS4. The devs are really going into detail with their new GPs and it would be amazing to see what they do.
    Of course, they should come with a toggle, and be more rare. It was so annoying when literally every sim in Isla Paradiso had scaly legs...
    The supes should also PLEASE have both dark and goofy options, for players on all ends of the spectrum. The game is lacking darkness and we need that edge, but it's always great to have options so people who want to hit a werewolf with a newspaper can.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sims 1 had making magic that was something Sims 1 had all until now Sims 2 and Sims 3 we had some kind of supernaturals in the games, some people may not enjoy them but I do it something that makes my game inserting and for them to say it's not 'tradition' makes me a bit upset.

With the Nanny bug that could of been used into making something that had Immortality (Something old or something new) but they removed it without a second look to me it feels like they don't want to put supernaturals into the game because it's not tradition and if that's the excuse they are going to use that's not a very good excuse.

But yes at one point I do want supernaturals in my game along with seasons and pets.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We've had supernaturals longer than we've had toddlers. Now that's a tradition. I want free supernaturals!!!!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think it would be perfect to have them like in Sims 2. The player had to intervene in order to have supernaturals in the game.

I also agree that Sims 3 went overboard. I love supernaturals, but I got annoyed that all my neighbourhoods were filled with them. I wanted them in only one neighbourhood and I wanted to control, who is one and who isn't. (That does not mean I want to have to ask vampires to bite me....that was just lame)
    I agree with you!

And I looooooooooove my vampires, but I don't want every sim and his boss also being vampires (or worse yet, faries!).

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I bet the next EP (politics - fashion - big city IMO) will bring vampires back. I can't wait to see TS4 vampires, they will look so awesome!

You have more optimism than I do on both counts. I have my doubts if they will return and if they do I think vamps will be more like Count Chockula rather than Dracula.

I love Count Chockula and Frankenberry. A vampire that breaks into your house while you sleep and eats your cereal. How cool would that be?

I'd rather they break in, and snack on your sims wrist.

Actually... if they were a bit like the TS3 aliens. So they sort of hang around outside your house on some nights, and you can ignore them, or make the horrible mistake of inviting them in. Once they've been invited in, then they can sneak in on other nights, and snack on your housemates. :)

I am confident that not only will we get supernaturals at some point, but they will be the best version yet. Have faith dear friends, the end has not yet come. *turns and flies away into the night*

If you build it, they will come?

As for silly supernaturals I agree. Especially werewolves that tore up furniture and got smacked by newspapers when growling or coughing during a howl for a hair ball. Or vampires the sparkled.. Seriously.
    I must admit, I was entertained by some of the dog related behaviour, the newspaper smacking, the belly rubs, the playing fetch with a stick. Not so fond of the destruction of furnishings, and eating habits.
    I had a vampire whos pet best friend was a werewolf
    *shrug*

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope supes will have more varied personalities. Some werewolves that love belly rubs because as humans they are lemmings and followers of big personalities, or alphas that want to rule everything and control everything and would just as soon rip your heart out as look at you.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    if i buy the pack it will be for the content it self not the useless lifestates i would not mind those things if i can fully turn off in game these things

Hopefully they add the toggle options in the options screen like in TS3 so you can turn off supernaturals individually. This way you can have them all off and enjoy the new buy/build content alone. I enjoyed TS3 Supernatural build/buy stuff it was very nice change from the 'modern' and 'futuristic' stuff.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I bet the next EP (politics - fashion - big city IMO) will bring vampires back. I can't wait to see TS4 vampires, they will look so awesome!

You have more optimism than I do on both counts. I have my doubts if they will return and if they do I think vamps will be more like Count Chockula rather than Dracula.

I love Count Chockula and Frankenberry. A vampire that breaks into your house while you sleep and eats your cereal. How cool would that be?

I guess some people might like that.....me....not even. This game is barely hanging on to me by the finger tips. No supernaturals or supernaturals like Count Chockula would be the end.

I thought Spooky Stuff was way too cartoonish when I, and others, are pining away for something dark being added to the game.

I really expect to see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ViAELRM3I

I just threw up a little bit.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    what would you do if there was a supernatural ep but no supernatural lifestate in said ep because you do know with how the sims4 is that it could happen since it is not for us to decide (*this is not a hate or anti supernatural post its just a question for simmers to answer)?

Hmm, not sure I understand that question. If there were no supernaturals then it wouldn't be a supernatural expansion pack... it would be something else.

I'm starting to think we're going to be lucky to get any (more) supernaturals added to TS4 actually.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • K1234554321K1234554321 Posts: 95 Member
    If there was another expansion pack with the supernatural and if fairies are in it I hope they make the fairies look mystic and ancient that be a cool machinima
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    what would you do if there was a supernatural ep but no supernatural lifestate in said ep because you do know with how the sims4 is that it could happen since it is not for us to decide (*this is not a hate or anti supernatural post its just a question for simmers to answer)?

Hmm, not sure I understand that question. If there were no supernaturals then it wouldn't be a supernatural expansion pack... it would be something else.

I'm starting to think we're going to be lucky to get any (more) supernaturals added to TS4 actually.

I think he meant something like Makin Magic where every sim can perform magic.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would love fairies, witches, werewolves, mermaids, zombies, and many more to return

but please TS2 Zombies not TS3 ( I heard TS3 zombies were a disaster )

Also I would love Plant Sims to return

I miss my supernatural sims I wanna be in fantasy not hashtag party time with nonexistent toddlers
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would love a mixture of Making Magic and supernatural. I LOVED the neighbourhood in Making Magic, but I enjoyed the numerous life states in Supernatural. I definitely hope they bring back vampires, fairies (more mystical) and Plantsims!! I need my supernaturals!!
  • OoohDeathOoohDeath Posts: 55 Member
    I wish we could have a fully livable recreation of Magic Town with all the supernaturals. I could do without fairies, but I want my witches back darn it!
    c4c8b0c9796f9ae79dbc7b917589e3e3.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If there was another expansion pack with the supernatural and if fairies are in it I hope they make the fairies look mystic and ancient that be a cool machinima

Mystic and ancient?
    ep601_publicity_still_11_00154954_a1.max-500x500.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    They really need to add that lol button :D
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I really love Supernaturals in Sims! I hope they get added back but how exactly i'm not sure. Maybe they'd fit better with game packs so they could be the focal point? Without Supernatural Sims the game is kinda boring in my opinion. I am all for options though and making them optional, so those that don't want them don't get them forced on them.

Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, Mummies, Ghosts (I miss ghost babies), Fairies, Mermaids, Robots, Zombies, Plantsims...I miss my life states :(

I don't necessarily care if all of them make a comeback for Sims 4 (though I wouldn't complain if they did, i'd jump for joy lol) but Vampires/witches/werewolves/fairies/mermaids....I want them so bad >.< though the mermaids we'd need to have the ocean be swimmable i'd think first.

As to how they came back? Well I just wouldn't want them half-baked...
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

I see, well I mean I guess that might be interesting but I wouldn't buy it. I want 'real' supernaturals.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    i'd rather they focus on making new things for this game instead of repeating the same expansion packs over and over again

if supernaturals have to be in the game add them in each pack or in it's own game pack or whatever

or not at all although that's my opinion as i hate child friendly supernaturals
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member

I see, well I mean I guess that might be interesting but I wouldn't buy it. I want 'real' supernaturals.

Yeah, I want real supernaturals too, but I'll be glad if they recreate the world from Makin Magic.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Well before getting Supernatural I was super skeptical about it, thinking it didn't belong in a sims game. But omg do I love them now haha. I've got a lot of RL anyway, so I don't mind my sims being able to do and be things I could never otherwise do. Now, I don't care too much for werewolves or plant sims, but I hope they'll bring back witches, fairies & vampires .. cause well, it was really fun. But yeah, "that was never meant to be part of this / released this way / released at all" seems to be EA's new way of lowering our expectations which, considering some disappointments, may not be a bad thing .. I guess. Although I do hope they'll bring back supernaturals & I also hope they'll do it in one single EP like they did for TS3. That way, no one has to have them if they don't want to have them. I also don't really understand why people keep saying they want "completely new content" that hasn't been done before. A lot of stuff, like playable careers, ability to make clubs, memories / generations, etc. are in there for a reason - and should be repeated for a reason: because they help to simulate life. And that's what the sims is about, no? How many completely new things can you really release before at least releasing the basic stuff we associate with life? Granted, supernaturals aren't a part of that, and it's really just because of personal preference that I want them to return. But aside from that, yeah .. I hope they re-release content done for previous sims games so that maybe, one day, I actually enjoy TS4 enough to play it again :)

(Let me apologize in advance for any inconsistent thoughts and/or spelling errors. I'm very tired ;))
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I had an idea/dream

a mouth with 2 packs (both announced at same day)
    GP than include Werewolves and moon cycle (first days of month)
    EP than include Vampires, Fairies, Plantsims as well as Alchemy (end of month)

Both quite related so the moon cycle affect others SN in any way, and EP add features/activities to werewolves
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i would love to have supernatural back but like in Makin Magic...in TS1..i loved that game...and all the supernatural was in another world..your sim had to jump into...
  • familysimfamilysim Posts: 21 Member
    personally i dont want any of the supernaturals we have had in the past. Just because they are exactly the same. i want something new! i really like that power up idea because it different. but as long as we get tots i dont care after that lol
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would be perfectly happy if the supernaturals are breaked up into game packs. Two or three per GP, around a theme, like gothic and fairytail. That would make me jump up and down :smiley:
    I didn't play supernaturals in TS3, besides vampires and mermaids, but I really liked the option of having them and I can defintetaly say that I would buy them in TS4. The devs are really going into detail with their new GPs and it would be amazing to see what they do.
    Of course, they should come with a toggle, and be more rare. It was so annoying when literally every sim in Isla Paradiso had scaly legs...
    The supes should also PLEASE have both dark and goofy options, for players on all ends of the spectrum. The game is lacking darkness and we need that edge, but it's always great to have options so people who want to hit a werewolf with a newspaper can.

I only really played with witches and sometimes fairies, and I'd love a game pack centred around traditional fairy tales (think more Brother's Grimm than Disney). I'm not too interested in the life states themselves, but I always really like the rustic furniture and all the crafting opportunities that come with these packs. I'd love a spinning wheel and butter churn and more old-world items like that. I always liked the theme of the fairy tale store sets too: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:52183&section=UpSell

And the fairy woodland theme that came in Supernatural:

PS_Concept_SN-21.jpg

edit: Oops, I forgot to mention that I like the link witches and fairies had with nature. They always made the best gardeners!
    i would love to have supernatural back but like in Makin Magic...in TS1..i loved that game...and all the supernatural was in another world..your sim had to jump into...

I thought Makin' Magic was great as well.