Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Well I hope it's the biggest expansion ever!! ;)
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Omg Idk about you guys but Backyard Stuff looks cool for me :)
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Love the 80s shirts and I couldn't care less for clothing in the game.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited July 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.

Okay lets just change party, party, party to just more social circle stuff. Not impressive.

Well if you think family is a social circle then sure. ;) I'm happy with more family stuff personally.

Sorry I didn't see anything that screamed family to me. To me it looked like a neighborhood back yard party....oops sorry.....social gathering.

For me, it screams family gathering : grandparents inviting the whole family for the holiday, cousins playing together, parents drinking refreshing beverages while chatting under the parasol, and dining outside and enjoying the warmth of a summer evening.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    The fear is not of not having toddlers only, but the fear that there wont be any EPs!!

EA, what are you doing? I feel there is someone inside EA who is trying hard to make this game the biggest flop in the franchise!!

The developers and Rachel Franklin PROMISED that with more contents this game will be better. Did they mean by content only GPs and SPs because if this is what they meant then I would tell them by taking this decision you are asking the fans of the game to uninstall the game and forget about it.

It shows very well that EA is not capabale in handling The Sims anymore. The management FAILED to understand what the sims is about and why the sims is so loved by many people.

The sims has reached its peak and prime with Sims 2. That game with its EPs was the real thing. The team of TS2 knew very well what players wanted and whatever they developed they made sure it was detailed.

I'm really hoping one day some good company will take the responsibility to create a life simulation game. Lack of competition is sooooo bad

Exactly!! They have a forum FILLED with customers telling them what they will pay for and yet, they still can't get it right. This is just getting ridiculous. There is no TRUE content releasing. Expansions are what bring more things to the series and all we keep getting are SP or GP (mostly SP's which are mostly objects) and we even have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for those. Not only that, but ANOTHER outdoor pack? What is going on? The decisions this company are making is poor from top to bottom.

I just don't get what is going on. Even people who "defended" the game are now coming on here and showing concern. Does this company just not care or are they incompetent? I think its the latter and they HAVE to want to make money at the very least, but they just keep making the worst decisions they can and p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 more and more people off.

It is just getting bizarre at this point. Sims 3 released an expansion, PLUS store packs, PLUS stuff packs, PLUS worlds. We got an EXPANSION every 3-6 months and yet here we are almost two years in with only two expansions and not even an announcement of another. Then they finally announce another stuff pack and its more outdoor things? We already had perfect patio, the outdoor movie stuff, the outdoor gamepack, Romantic GARDEN stuff etc......thats already 4 outdoor themed packs and this will make 5. Even the decisions on a smaller scale such as this are poor and not giving me any hope for the other content they may release.......

There could be several reasons for all this:

1- Game Engine: It might be the weakest and it cannot handle many EPs like the previous ones, (TS3 could not handle many EPs but I feel it definitely could handle more than this game). There are many signs, like how they keep introduce culling, then relationship culling. I think this game and its engine cannot handle and store information. This game engine was intended for Olympus and not The Sims.

2- Shortage of staff: Only 3 people working in EP team??? This is just too little. I was expecting this. When you are in shortage of staff then this grouping thing is not ideal thing. Let all your staff work on the next project. People want more EPs followed by GPs and then SPs. 2 SPs a year is more than enough. 2 EPs, 2 GPs and 2 SPs. This means releasing something every other month. Grouping is only suitable when you have many staff so you can dedicate each group for a pack.

3- EA wanting it the easy way: SPs are easier, they maybe make money out of them without much effort or resources or animations. Make fast bucks.

Or...

4- This forum doesn't accurately represent the playerbase as a whole, so the idea they're not 'getting it right' may be a misconception or exaggeration.

There's up to 50,000 players active on the gallery on any given day (possibly quite more), as much as 5 million games sold, and there's less than 50 active members around here on any given day by comparison, especially where it comes to the most active ones.

Just throwing that out there.

Some like to post that here, but regardless of the site I'm on (YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, etc.) I see very similar opinions to the users of these forums. We're all players of the same game/franchise, after all.

Zzz.. Using sales numbers as an argument. EA PR, you recruiting? Didn't quite work with SimCity. :lol:
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2016
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Those horrid garish stickers what the heck I don't want my house looking like a cartoon. The bird house is not a new mesh. The drinks tray is not a new mesh. The only thing I'm interested in is the water slide but it looks massive and I never used them in TS3 anyway. They were base game of I'm not mistaken. The CAS looks ok and also the bird feeder I like but overall meh.

Yes, and those surely look gigantic when children run by. I don't think it is an illusion. But, again, almost items are twice its size. The water slide in TS3 is from Generations expansion.

However, I still would get it for other items, etc. I like bird feeders, and water slides. :)

• Options
    Backyard stuff without a sandbox, tic-tac-toe, tree house or swings. *sigh

I know. Hopefully, for next packs or even expansions.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Also, look forward to the livestream for this soon, if possible.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    The water slide in TS3 is from Generations expansion.

However, I still would get it for other items, etc. I like bird feeders, and water slides. :)
    Isn't the water slide like the one from Sims 3 Store?
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38594
    But I still like it, and the new water slides can get soapy, like the fountains used to - for mischievous sims. :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Some like to post that here, but regardless of the site I'm on (YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, etc.) I see very similar opinions to the users of these forums. We're all players of the same game/franchise, after all.

Zzz.. Using sales numbers as an argument. EA PR, you recruiting? Didn't quite work with SimCity. :lol:
    Same, I saw a variety of opinions too before I joined forums. Forums aren't the only vocal area.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Perhaps the lemonade tray is just ... stuff and the real premium content is something more exciting. They didn't show the Kids gameplay objects in the quarterly trailer either.

Lemonade is the icon for the SP. Lemonade IS the SP's gameplay content. However there is a possibility that there may be one another gameplay object.

Maybe, but the icon for Luxury Party was a diamond and not the chocolate fountain. If for example the gameplay object for Backyard is a waterslide (my guess), that could look cryptic as an icon.

Ah, I can't resist to quote myself from this thread :D . This is the very first time I made a correct prophecy for the Sims! Shoobidooah, shoobidooahah!

Good job! What's next??? ;)

My next guess is a bathroom stuff pack with a washing machine and a dryer as premium content. Plus "Washing Saloon" as a new lot type.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2016
    It looks hopeful for a pets expansion as the birds create some activity interaction in the game rather than being caught and collected. Not a bad pack but I was hoping to see a shed. For a second I thought I saw a red kennel, but it must have been the bird feeder, alas.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited July 2016
    altkt075 wrote: »
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    I don't know why, but this looks like it's part of the seasonal video. I think we might be getting that soon...

*feels a purchase for the hype train coming on*
    200.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ManPhobIaManPhobIa Posts: 88 Member
    Does anyone have an estimate of when the next bundle will arrive? I imagine it'll be Dine Out, Kids Stuff + Backyard Stuff together so it'd be neat to catch up on them that way.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Graham Nardone
    @SimGuruGraham
    .@SimsVIP There's going to be another blog from me later this week that goes into detail about the lawn water slide :)

We get more info this week!
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2016
    I was hoping for swings, slides, lounge chairs or something more for kids since the kids stuff pack. But I love they put in water slide and bird feeder, Im not disappointed, we do however get a little of pets with the birds.
    Oh an the wind chimes and water slide comeback.
  • Options
    sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    the backyard stuff pack looks fun, but it feels like we had a lot of backyard related things already like, perfect patio, movie hangout, romantic gardens. wish they will release something more directed towards community lots
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Does anyone have an estimate of when the next bundle will arrive? I imagine it'll be Dine Out, Kids Stuff + Backyard Stuff together so it'd be neat to catch up on them that way.

No. Dine out is going to be bundled with movie hang out and romantic garden
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

And I believe it's been already released. You can get it on instant gaming dot com for $21
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Now when the stuff pack announcement is out off the way, I'm more intrigued what we're gonna get in the patches!

I really, REALLY don't hope that we'll get nannies. Like, seriously. Since kids can take care off themselves and babies get automatically sent to day care, I don't really see the need for an nanny.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    the backyard stuff pack looks fun, but it feels like we had a lot of backyard related things already like, perfect patio, movie hangout, romantic gardens. wish they will release something more directed towards community lots

Romantic Garden was mostly directed to community lots, not homes - they even included a Park lot. Perfect Patio's hot tubs are useful in Gym, Pool, and Spa lots. I've got a movie-theatre set up in a Café, and I've seen Simmers make outdoor movie setups in Parks. Really, they might show the content in a home lot, but nothing's stopping us from using the content creatively. I'm going to add a water slide or to to the park in Oasis Springs, where I'd already added a pool - it's my "all-ages playground" park; in Willow Creek, I've got a fountain and wishing well - it's more a "dating" go-to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited July 2016
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Now when the stuff pack announcement is out off the way, I'm more intrigued what we're gonna get in the patches!

I really, REALLY don't hope that we'll get nannies. Like, seriously. Since kids can take care off themselves and babies get automatically sent to day care, I don't really see the need for an nanny.

I think it's not so much a need as a want, to expand what we can choose to do in our gameplay. I've seen lots of players request the option if only for babies, especially on longer lifespan or with aging off. (I'm neither here nor there on the idea, personally. But always happy to see more choices in the game for players. EDIT: Also, still not convinced that that's hinted at here! But I haven't seen a more convincing idea about the baby's presence either.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I love this pk, I can't wait, always loved the slip n slide. My sims were addicted to it in sims 3, I am so excited to see this. Anyone know when it is coming out. I want this one. Love the birds feeder too. I just know my sims will love it.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    There's no baby update wouldn't be classified as false advertising lol
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99