Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601, thanks for the link and the quote. So it does indeed seem that an EP slated for release six months down the road can be talked about as long as it doesn't contain a feature that will also be released free via patch. It seems a bit loophole-ish but makes me wonder, since they can see how frustrated some are becoming about so little news regarding upcoming EPs, why not release some info and give folks some hope for new and exciting content down the road?

Like you my guess would be that free patch content is often released with paid content so it can be said that they can't talk about one without the other.

If I remember correctly we knew a lot about the Island Paradise EP but didn't know right away about building a pier being patched into the base game.....so...?????? who knows?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    There just HAS to be something big coming in a free update since Backyard stuff is the only paid content pack coming between July-September. I think these are the possible choices:
    1. Huge baby update + babies added to CAS since the baby render in the teaser is NEW.
    2. New world update
    3. More hair colors + all hair colors from Adults to Kids
    4. More NPCs
    5. Gallery updates
    6. New build mode feature
    Nice ideas, but sorry I couldn't resist.
    05-01-15_12-13nbspPM_zpsl4lwe3xi.png
    04-29-15_3-41nbspPM_zps2rldzw8j.png

That first pick is so awesome with the giant baby lol!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

That first pick is so awesome with the giant baby lol!
    Thanks. Yeah it is a CC, but I couldn't resist doing it especially with how confined babies are in the Sims 4. Fun use of MOO cheat I had taking those pictures.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2016
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601, thanks for the link and the quote. So it does indeed seem that an EP slated for release six months down the road can be talked about as long as it doesn't contain a feature that will also be released free via patch. It seems a bit loophole-ish but makes me wonder, since they can see how frustrated some are becoming about so little news regarding upcoming EPs, why not release some info and give folks some hope for new and exciting content down the road?

Or maybe, they can announce the expansion six months in advance and then in the actual quarter that the expansion is set to release, they can announce that x feature from the expansion will be patched in to the base.

As for not releasing any info about new paid content down the road, my guess is that either -
    A) they want to be able to close up shop without warning and cut their losses without having promised future content to customers
    B) they don't know what they are going to release and are developing as they go along
    C) because they have multiple teams, and some people work simultaneously on multiple teams, some things are developed at a faster pace than they should, and other things are developed at a slower pace than they should

With A, people would be upset if TS4's run was shorter than the previous games. No need to put more salt in the wound by not releasing content that had been announced prior to the shut down.

With B, it's possible that nobody really knows where this game is going to go. This could explain the flood of stuff packs. The stuff packs buy them time to figure out the plan for this game.

C would fall in line well with Graham saying they're trying to adjust their development process in his post about the live service. Maybe they do have an expansion done, but if it were done, why not go ahead and release it? Maybe the expansion's completion is being hindered by people from the expansion team also doing work on the other teams. Either way, stuff packs are evidently extremely quick to produce and put out.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Ghost babies would be cool.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Or maybe, they can announce the expansion six months in advance and then in the actual quarter that the expansion is set to release, they can announce that x feature from the expansion will be patched in to the base.

As for not releasing any info about new paid content down the road, my guess is that either -
    A) they want to be able to close up shop without warning and cut their losses without having promised future content to customers
    B) they don't know what they are going to release and are developing as they go along
    C) because they have multiple teams, and some people work simultaneously on multiple teams, some things are developed at a faster pace than they should, and other things are developed at a slower pace than they should

With A, people would be upset if TS4's run was shorter than the previous games. No need to put more salt in the wound by not releasing content that had been announced prior to the shut down.

With B, it's possible that nobody really knows where this game is going to go. This could explain the flood of stuff packs. The stuff packs buy them time to figure out the plan for this game.

C would fall in line well with Graham saying they're trying to adjust their development process in his post about the live service. Maybe they do have an expansion done, but if it were done, why not go ahead and release it? Maybe the expansion's completion is being hindered by people from the expansion team also doing work on the other teams. Either way, stuff packs are evidently extremely quick to produce and put out.

Honestly, I'd go with A or B. In fact, I am starting to wonder if they are even planning on releasing anymore EPs for this or if stuff packs and game packs are gonna be it from now on. Even though there was that 5 Million button that had a lot of people speculating it referred to sales, no one would confirm that at all; makes me wonder if the game is doing as well as others say it is.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Drake just posted an excited gif! That means new information this week!

Yay backyard stuff will be announced! Oh wait we already found everything out from sources that actually want to please the community and share with them.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »

Yay backyard stuff will be announced! Oh wait we already found everything out from sources that actually want to please the community and share with them.

We haven't found out anything, and we don't know if Backyard Stuff is going to be announced or not. It could just be about the free items that are in the teaser.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want to ask that every time I see someone post why do they like TS4 and their number one answer is, it runs.
    LOL exactly. I'm like for how long and at what cost to potential features? I mean imagine limited pets and vacations just for the sake of performance. It could effect a lot of things. I'm almost certain there will be pet culling too.

I might have to sell tickets, fix some popcorn and sell some drinks over at my house when complaints start about the pet culling and the loss of relationship between pet and owner. This is the best game evah, but why you go and make my pet not know the owner anymore and I have to do all that work over again. (Sorry, OT and deviant).

I might have to sell tickets, fix some popcorn and sell some drinks over at my house when complaints start about the pet culling and the loss of relationship between pet and owner. This is the best game evah, but why you go and make my pet not know the owner anymore and I have to do all that work over again. (Sorry, OT and deviant).
    I think I'll join you with the popcorn and make root beer floats. Yep, it's going to be ugly. What Simmers don't realize sometimes is that this base game "intended features" are going to effect their packs as well. So going to be interesting reading the reaction when those things happen in their games. I'll probably end up giggling when it does. Nah it's ok, I'm a deviant Simmer too. What lacks in the game I guess will be enjoyed on forums. ;)

Not to be a stickler or anything, especially since I consider one of you a friend, but:

READ THIS - General Discussion Etiquette - UPDATED
    If someone says they love The Sims 4, then please acknowledge that they have a right to feel that way. Just because you don’t agree, that doesn’t give you the right to mock or laugh at them.

---

Being funny is wonderful. Being funny at the expense of another person is not wonderful. Being deliberately mean is simply being mean, and is against our Forum Rules.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

big-smile-gif.gif?resize=500%2C264
  • Options
    edited July 2016

We haven't found out anything, and we don't know if Backyard Stuff is going to be announced or not. It could just be about the free items that are in the teaser.

We'll see. The fact we know the pack name before the teaser came out?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2016
    Simanite wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I'm more interested in how much memory this thing is going to take up, especially as a 'live service', during its 5 year course (if it even sticks to that plan, which I believe they've already told us it won't).

What will we end up with, 50+ odd SP's? 20+GPs? 5 EP's? (Lol at that one, I only buy the EP's.. Always have, so they lose out there too) plus, I dread to think, however many updates and patches...

Is it worth it?

--T

No more than TS3 did with Store content and EPs/SPs.

We already have 7, no sorry, 8 SP's and we're two years in. Add another 3 or 4 years... it adds up.

And I wasn't talking about TS3 or its store, which, I might add, I was able to pick and choose which items I wanted. I didn't have to have the WHOLE store like I have to have a WHOLE SP installed.

--T

ETA: typo.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

We'll see. The fact we know the pack name before the teaser came out?

Knowing the name isn't knowing 'everything'. Like I said, we don't know what is going to be announced tomorrow, it could be the pack or something else. We'll just have to wait and see.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    There just HAS to be something big coming in a free update since Backyard stuff is the only paid content pack coming between July-September. I think these are the possible choices:
    1. Huge baby update + babies added to CAS since the baby render in the teaser is NEW.
    2. New world update
    4. More NPCs
    5. Gallery updates
    2. New world update
    4. More NPCs
    5. Gallery updates

Hmm a new world announcement. I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    A new world would be amazing
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I want to ask that every time I see someone post why do they like TS4 and their number one answer is, it runs.
    LOL exactly. I'm like for how long and at what cost to potential features? I mean imagine limited pets and vacations just for the sake of performance. It could effect a lot of things. I'm almost certain there will be pet culling too.

I think I'll join you with the popcorn and make root beer floats. Yep, it's going to be ugly. What Simmers don't realize sometimes is that this base game "intended features" are going to effect their packs as well. So going to be interesting reading the reaction when those things happen in their games. I'll probably end up giggling when it does. Nah it's ok, I'm a deviant Simmer too. What lacks in the game I guess will be enjoyed on forums. ;)

Not to be a stickler or anything, especially since I consider one of you a friend, but:

READ THIS - General Discussion Etiquette - UPDATED
    If someone says they love The Sims 4, then please acknowledge that they have a right to feel that way. Just because you don’t agree, that doesn’t give you the right to mock or laugh at them.

---

Being funny is wonderful. Being funny at the expense of another person is not wonderful. Being deliberately mean is simply being mean, and is against our Forum Rules.

We all can't be saints. If I break rules then flag it. Naming and Shaming is also against the rules, like calling me or Scobre out for saying it would be ugly here if players see their relationships between Sims and dog/cat culled like we do with Sim to Sim.

But let's get real here, the forums are more entertaining and have more drama and chaos than this game. Maybe if the game was as volatile as this forum (from all sides) I would be playing it, instead of writing feedback threads.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    looks awesome!

Omg my backyard does need a makeover so can't wait!
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Eeeh, seems pretty meh.

I like the birdfeeder though!
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    OOOOOH I love the wind chimes and bird feeder!
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Loving all the new hairstyles! And birdfeeding!! :heart:
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2016
    Omg so much content for a stuff pack :love: This is what I like to see
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    TungoTungo Posts: 13 New Member
    The waterslide and bird feeder seem pretty cool. I might actually buy this SP.
  • Options
    Those horrid garish stickers what the heck I don't want my house looking like a cartoon. The bird house is not a new mesh. The drinks tray is not a new mesh. The only thing I'm interested in is the water slide but it looks massive and I never used them in TS3 anyway. They were base game of I'm not mistaken. The CAS looks ok and also the bird feeder I like but overall meh.
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yesss! I'm excited! I love that new hairstyle with the short hair! I thought I was gonna be disappointed! Now THAT'S a great trailer! Music in the background should be played at my next party :)