Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If it is some type of Nanny NPC, I wish they could have made the Babysitter teen career active. And you can go to people's houses and take care of their kids until a certain time and then they get paid for it. Since there's tasks some could be: Feed kids, bathe kids, read them a story, play with them, put them to bed, etc.

that is a great idea, I do hope they do that, :)

Thanks, but I feel like I have some great ideas that they'll never implement :'(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    If it is some type of Nanny NPC, I wish they could have made the Babysitter teen career active. And you can go to people's houses and take care of their kids until a certain time and then they get paid for it. Since there's tasks some could be: Feed kids, bathe kids, read them a story, play with them, put them to bed, etc.

that is a great idea, I do hope they do that, :)

Thanks, but I feel like I have some great ideas that they'll never implement :'(

Yup I feel the same way, I have added a ton of items to my Items that Sims 4 needs post, as well as others, but not sure if they have even read them.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

My other fave is the Skeleton Bone Maid, she is so kool to watch, come out of her box to clean the house, lol
    Yes Bonehilda. She is so cool. I hope she returns in an EP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    One thing that would be pretty nice would be if your babysitter calls you because something's happened at the house.

Say your Sim is on a date with a person their seeing. They have two kids from a previous marriage that didn't work out. The Sim calls a babysitter to look after them while they and their date go out. You're in the middle of a romantic moment, when suddenly, *ring ring!* your phone starts ringing. You check the number and it's... the sitter? You pick up, and the first thing you hear is the sitter yelling on the phone, saying that the kids are misbehaving severely and she needs help. You cancel your date early and rush you Sim back home. You arrive and you find...

Broken plumbing, water leaking everywhere, the sitter and kids are all freaking out because they don't know what to do. You dismiss the sitter to give her a break and try to clean up the house before things get any worse. You can't trust your kids right now, so you'll need to make sure they behave. You call a stricter nanny. Strict bedtime, pretty bad dinner, the kids are suffering. Your Sim comes back from a great date to find the house in a peaceful manner. The kids, however, get tense, angry, or sad depending on their traits, and will come to have a negative relationship with this nanny. But the parent is happy. What'll happen next? Will the mom notice her children's suffering and get back the first sitter at the risk of a disaster again? Or will they keep the strict nanny so that they can be happy at their kids' expense?

At least, that's what I'm hoping will happen. Probably a bit optimistic :sweat_smile:
    I love those ideas.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.

Okay lets just change party, party, party to just more social circle stuff. Not impressive.

Well if you think family is a social circle then sure. ;) I'm happy with more family stuff personally.

Sorry I didn't see anything that screamed family to me. To me it looked like a neighborhood back yard party....oops sorry.....social gathering.

For me, it screams family gathering : grandparents inviting the whole family for the holiday, cousins playing together, parents drinking refreshing beverages while chatting under the parasol, and dining outside and enjoying the warmth of a summer evening.

Except it's not a summer evening, cos' you know.. no seasons..

Haaahaaa :)

I agree though, the trailer does give off a family feel to it. :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member
    Yay!

Let's all go have a BBQ pool party in the backyard while I leave my baby in the bassinet.

Disappointed. Again.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited July 2016
    There will be a livestream, so hopefully we'll see some interesting stuff! I'm already intrigued by all the clutter, because I love clutter... but let's hope that the next EP will give us lots of interesting gamplay as that's sorely needed!

I also edit the first post, and include tweets with renders and tidbits of information from the Gurus.
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Wow! This topic has moved forward quickly. I saw the post for the backyard stuff.

Not that impressed, my backyard is already full of stuff.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would love nannies because the babies in TS4 are a god-awful regression to the babies of TS. They were not fun to play with 15 years ago and they're not fun now.

It would be nice to hire a sitter so that my playable Sims wouldn't be constantly interrupted by a piece of furniture. If there were an interesting NPC around that could take care of the doll, my game would be more enjoyable.

I guess, the crux of the matter and why I'm so miffed is that I really hate all of the short cuts in this game. The baby is the biggest short cut of all. Instead of the game progressing stages and making each iteration better than the last, The Sims franchise is going backwards -- as in back all the way to the beginning. They're something intrinsically wrong with that.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    I like the emphasis on sound in this pack...birds chirping, wind chimes...I like this pack well enough and I'll buy it. Not as good as getting the-lifestage-that-must-not-be-named or seasons or a beach vacation destination...but I like it better than some other pack themes.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Looks like there are approx 9 different animations for wet slides in the trailer. :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    15th, we will have a live stream? Awesome! :)
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

My other fave is the Skeleton Bone Maid, she is so kool to watch, come out of her box to clean the house, lol

I hope they add her to Sims 4 as well, in a Gothic pack, now that is something they have not done yet, a Gothic Pack, :)
  • Options

I hope they add her to Sims 4 as well, in a Gothic pack, now that is something they have not done yet, a Gothic Pack, :)

You should give SGRuskii a nudge. I think she would be partial to a Gothic Pack... and maybe SGDaniel too :-)
  • Options
    Krisha880 wrote: »

You should give SGRuskii a nudge. I think she would be partial to a Gothic Pack... and maybe SGDaniel too :-)

Ah okay will do thanks, :)
  • Options

Ah okay will do thanks, :)

No problem! :-)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    so no ball, no item where two sims would do something together
    but 2 more objects where sims can do something alone, more drinks & of course more of new clutter

It is a stuff pack, clutter is stuff!

You know I've seen people compare SPs on the number of items but I don't think I've seen anyone compare how much is 'clutter stuff' in these new packs compared to older packs. wonder what the difference could be. It just seems like the older packs had more build/buy in the way of things Sims could use like furniture and items to build with.

My thoughts are anything that you can't interact with is clutter stuff, like pictures for the walls, towels for the bathroom that kind of stuff is to me clutter stuff.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    but 2 more objects where sims can do something alone, more drinks & of course more of new clutter

You know I've seen people compare SPs on the number of items but I don't think I've seen anyone compare how much is 'clutter stuff' in these new packs compared to older packs. wonder what the difference could be. It just seems like the older packs had more build/buy in the way of things Sims could use like furniture and items to build with.

My thoughts are anything that you can't interact with is clutter stuff, like pictures for the walls, towels for the bathroom that kind of stuff is to me clutter stuff.

I agree with you. Stuff is just stuff and I need more interactive gameplay between Sims and their objects, too. I just don't get why these Sims can't do anything socially but talk. When some physical interactions of some sort have always been in these games. I think multitasking ruins a lot of good ideas fans would like to see.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I agree with you. Stuff is just stuff and I need more interactive gameplay between Sims and their objects, too. I just don't get why these Sims can't do anything socially but talk. When some physical interactions of some sort have always been in these games. I think multitasking ruins a lot of good ideas fans would like to see.

YES! you understand what I said.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I LOVE clutter, but I agree. We need more items to interact with, and in-depth gameplay! Agree on the multitasking too :/
  • Options
    I am giving away this stuff pack here for anyone interested http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893848/backyard-stuff-pack-give-away#latest
    Yes, I too like clutter, makes the house look more like mine LOL
  • Options

A gothic pack would be great. I wish there were more gothic/rocker styles in the game. There is only so much suburban fashion I can take. XD
  • Options
    Another Blog Post, but at the moment the link does not work :/
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand of course I'm working when the live stream is happening. UGH!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Another Blog Post, but at the moment the link does not work :/

I guess it was released too early? They'll probably fix it by tomorrow before the live stream happens.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png