Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think about ALL players

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    *EA throw out half half baked games*

"Stop rushing and actually work on the games!!!!"

*EA stop rushing and development slows down*

"Stop taking so long and throw us content!!!!"

---

At the end of the day, you can't have both. Stuff Packs are easily made which is why they are being announced.

Yes, there's been a lack of content. But EA are holding The Sims 4 up high, and the patches we've had have been big that do a lot of background work.

People are like "I want EA to fix it before new content" and then demand content. Like...
  • Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »

---

At the end of the day, you can't have both. Stuff Packs are easily made which is why they are being announced.

Yes, there's been a lack of content. But EA are holding The Sims 4 up high, and the patches we've had have been big that do a lot of background work.

People are like "I want EA to fix it before new content" and then demand content. Like...

There is a lot of middle ground between "Release four buggy occult types in a single expansion, two expansions a year" and "No expansion for over a year". Yes they shouldn't rush, but this drought of content is worrying and frustrating. It's also not really justifiable, given the development time you would reasonably expect for things like this.

I do think that the quality of content released for the Sims 4 is generally higher, but when so much content was cut from the base game it's incredibly frustrating to have no expansion pack, and only one game pack, in an entire year.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »

---

There is a lot of middle ground between "Release four buggy occult types in a single expansion, two expansions a year" and "No expansion for over a year". Yes they shouldn't rush, but this drought of content is worrying and frustrating. It's also not really justifiable, given the development time you would reasonably expect for things like this.

I do think that the quality of content released for the Sims 4 is generally higher, but when so much content was cut from the base game at launch it's incredibly frustrating to have no expansion pack, and only one game pack, in an entire year.

Waiting a year for an amzing Ep that combines and fulfills every dream is acceptable. Waiting a year for an EP that is half baked is not worth it, Sims 3 had great EPs released every 6 months and they stepped up Sims 2 in every way, that's whay I want for Sims 4 but it doesn't seem like it will happen.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

---

I do think that the quality of content released for the Sims 4 is generally higher, but when so much content was cut from the base game at launch it's incredibly frustrating to have no expansion pack, and only one game pack, in an entire year.

Waiting a year for an amzing Ep that combines and fulfills every dream is acceptable. Waiting a year for an EP that is half baked is not worth it, Sims 3 had great EPs released every 6 months and they stepped up Sims 2 in every way, that's whay I want for Sims 4 but it doesn't seem like it will happen.

I simply can't see how a single expansion could be worth over a years wait. If it had toddlers and seasons? Maybe, but then we still would have no occult type sims since Get to Work. And the toddlers would likely be given for free via patch anyway.

Unless they release "Sims 4: Supernatural Seasons with Toddlers" I get the feeling I'm going to be disappointed. I mean, I'd be really pleased by any one of those things, but I can't see them releasing anything that will justify a wait this long.

At this rate it will take us over 6 years to get half as much content as Sims 3 had. And by then they would be releasing Sims 5 and we'd be right back at square one.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Interesting thread.

I guess that I can say to this is, if you don't like what they are trying to sell, then do not buy it and wait for something better to come along. It is a shame to see players disappointed but not everything is going to appeal to everyone anyway

I don't and wont buy dlc for this game. I still love the franchise though and I think it's important to give criticism about what we don't like now before they start prepping for the Sims 5. I don't want them to butcher that too.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm, yes it appears that it is easier for them to make SPs looking at how many SPs have been produced to date. I am beginning to wonder exactly how many EPs and GPs we will be getting before Sims 4 ends. Maybe it is due to Sims 4 constraints that EA/Maxis is finding hard to work around? We got 7 SPs compared to 3 GPs and 2 EPs Imho the only two features that was noteworthy was the lighting transgender features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @Ianamus dont compare ts4 to ts3..they r two completely different games just amde by the same company and same genre..one of the only reasons ur disappointed is coz u keep comparing.. Remember that this isn't a sequel and that's it an individual game just like all the other Sims games. That's like comparing mysims to ts2
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Ianamus dont compare ts4 to ts3..they r two completely different games just amde by the same company and same genre..one of the only reasons ur disappointed is coz u keep comparing.. Remember that this isn't a sequel and that's it an individual game just like all the other Sims games. That's like comparing mysims to ts2

Well no. My sims wasn't 'The Sims....and a number' indicating a series. It was a standalone game evidenced by its name.

They could have called TS4 anything else if they wanted it to be viewed as a totally new game unconnected to the past. They didn't. They named it 'The Sims 4'. As in number 4 of a series.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2016
    From what I've seen so far, Kids Room Stuff is honestly very good. With it's release many thought that devs have finally begun to treat traditional players with stuff. Now the new teaser is out and people are disappointed. I like the idea if it has some decent items in it, but I can't shape an opinion before I see SP trailer. And who knows what else they have for us. Gender patch was not in the trailers- it came out all of a sudden (with little hints about CAS change, but no one susspected it to be what it was).
  • Options

The Sims 4 is a direct sequel by the same company with the same gameplay.

I can't approach the Sims 4 as if the Sims 3 doesn't exist because the Sims 3 does exist. It's sitting there on my computer right now, with the same gameplay and tonnes more content. Anything the sims 4 releases needs to justify why I should buy it rather than just clicking that icon on my desktop and play TS3 instead.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 it has different mechanics and on a different engine so its not rlly a sequel or anythin or else they would of kept open.world, cars , toddlers, store etc and not changed it much, just an improvement. But all the games r unique which makes them individual. Question my logic all u want, judge me about it all u want coz right I dont care if I'm judged for standing for what I believe in..
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

---

I simply can't see how a single expansion could be worth over a years wait. If it had toddlers and seasons? Maybe, but then we still would have no occult type sims since Get to Work. And the toddlers would likely be given for free via patch anyway.

Unless they release "Sims 4: Supernatural Seasons with Toddlers" I get the feeling I'm going to be disappointed. I mean, I'd be really pleased by any one of those things, but I can't see them releasing anything that will justify a wait this long.

At this rate it will take us over 6 years to get half as much content as Sims 3 had. And by then they would be releasing Sims 5 and we'd be right back at square one.

Exactly and what are we gonna get in seasons/ supernatural pack? Probably a vampire and a witch, rain and wind or seasons with no holidays like sims 3. The problem is they are already kind of combining packs and failing miserably.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    @sparkfairy1 it has different mechanics and on a different engine so its not rlly a sequel or anythin or else they would of kept open.world, cars , toddlers, store etc and not changed it much, just an improvement. But all the games r unique which makes them individual. Question my logic all u want, judge me about it all u want coz right I dont care if I'm judged for standing for what I believe in..
    It's called The Sims 4. It might not have several things TS3 or TS2 had or go in a different direction with a new engine, but it's still a sequel.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    @Ianamus well its treated like a different game.first of all and for seconds..the sims franchise is known for this type of gameplay so they would call it this so ppl know its the same genre besides..what would they rlly call it? Also I know it has to justify but stil lcomparin the games isn't okay.. U just gain negative energy from it and get dissapointed
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

They all had new engines. It's why they were considered new and improved. I don't care to judge you-all I'm doing is giving you the reasons why I disagree with you. That's what a discussion is.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 excuse.me but I'm not an air head..i know what a discussion is or I wouldn't be here. The only thing ill agree with u on is agreeing to disagree. Kapeesh?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    It's called The Sims 4. It might not have several things TS3 or TS2 had or go in a different direction with a new engine, but it's still a sequel.
    I have to agree even though EA/Maxis knocked Sims 4 down a notch it was a opportunity for them being a lot of low end machines and some with high end systems could not keep up and also blame can be placed on the company being it took it's time tweaking or there was no tweaking, but in the end it is a sequel. Poly, I am not directing this at you changing an engine or mechanics does not necessarily change a game's status because companies other than EA/Maxis changes the engine time to time but the concept of the game remains. I believe if EA/Maxis did make an new engine most of the features that was cut would have been added. Imho, if Sims 5 come into play I do not think it will take the path as Sims 4 took and some people may actually have to upgrade.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited July 2016

---

Exactly and what are we gonna get in seasons/ supernatural pack? Probably a vampire and a witch, rain and wind or seasons with no holidays like sims 3. The problem is they are already kind of combining packs and failing miserably.

It's particularly annoying when you are after a specific piece of content. personally, I have always loved high-rise buildings, city living and werewolf sims, playing with a combination of those the most in TS3. I also really liked the ethnic clothing and decor that came with World Adventures.

But I'm fully aware that toddlers are almost certainly coming first in TS4. Then vampires. Then witches, maybe seasons... I know that I'm going to have to wait many, many years to get some of the staples of my TS3 gameplay, if they are ever released at all.

But with this current release schedule I think I may just give up altogether, buy the few expansions for 3 I never got my hands on and play that instead. Better than waiting for things that will either never come or take around 4 years. It's a shame since I was looking forward to the sims 4 version of those things, since sims 4 content tends to be more substantive and less buggy. But having rushed, buggy content is much better than having no content.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member

I was in agreement with the OP but just recently I bought 2 bundle packs for my husband b/c he is playing more now and I realized they have a system 2 stuff packs with every game pack. When you look at it that way it isn't too many stuff packs.

I think it is kind of cool that there is some order, I now only have to get the spa day bundle for my husband :wink:

13590428_1271324636212446_7384621801305786068_n%201_zps0m5kqdbq.jpg
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sims 4 brought in some really neat features but the game still feels empty ish ? Due to deadlines and what not the game was released with barely any content but now we're getting stuff through patches and some good packs but I'm disappointed that most packs don't have a lot of content and some are just kinda you play for a few minutes and you think "Now what ? I guess I gotta wait for another few months to a year" I do appreciate that they're doing their best on most of these packs ( I was very upset about Romantic Garden Stuff with the lack of content and floral, Best one is Get Together for a lot of neat stuff ) but I miss the TS2 & TS3 scheduling ( IIRC TS3 had packs every few months I think correct me if I'm wrong ) It just feels empty and you're wondering when will be the new content soon
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Stuff packs have always been largely pointless. Especially to cc downloaders. It seems like expansions are taking longer to produce. I wish they'd scrap stuff packs and move that team over to the expansion pack team, with extra numbers maybe we might get more than one expansion pack a year and dare I say, it might actually be worth the money.

Would you rather have a Sims 4 store and every item is over-priced? like in Sims 3 had, every item was so over-priced, think about the logic, in the Kids Bedroom Stuff pack, there is 40+ items for only $10 US or $14 AUD, if each individual item from that Stuff Pack was in a Sims 4 Store and each item costs $5 each, would you buy 40+ items at $5 each item, that would cost you $200 at $5 each item, I'd rather have a stuff pack that only cost $10-14 dollars for 40 items-cheaper and granted not many people use every item in the pack, I know I don't but I'd rather have a stuff pack than a store!

There are so many people working on different area's of producing games, so people think that there's hardly anyone working on EP's, but they are. There are 250 employees working at EA, all working on different games, for console and PC. EA's a very big company, it's not small, so some maybe working on an EP, some work on a SP, some work on a GP, just have to be patient and wait when the next EP comes out. Put yourself in their shoes for once, they have to create the game, using vast technology, then they also need animators to make it work in the game, animators for new gameplay, some designers for new objects to work in the game, some with animations attatched to it. Ya know there is alot of programming and animation and alot of work that goes into making any game! There's also not enough hours to make a game come to life, Ya can't expect all the developers to work on an EP and not have a break too!

End of discussion!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    the vision contains at least a pattern of distribution

GP OR + 2 SPs = bundle
    EP GTW
    GP SD + 2 SPs = bundle
    EP GT
    GP DO + 2 SPs = bundle

now we've got 1 SP
    & the second is probably on its way
    so the next GP is near
    an EP ought to be released if they want still to continue this iteration at all, we'll see ...

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    All this arguing over weather TS4 is a real Sims game or not...

Well the way I see it is, as long as it has Sins in it, plumbobs, needs and some place to live then it is a Sims game. Everything else is the extras.

If people don't like it, then they shouldn't play it. Simples
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Stuff packs have always been largely pointless. Especially to cc downloaders. It seems like expansions are taking longer to produce. I wish they'd scrap stuff packs and move that team over to the expansion pack team, with extra numbers maybe we might get more than one expansion pack a year and dare I say, it might actually be worth the money.

Would you rather have a Sims 4 store and every item is over-priced? like in Sims 3 had, every item was so over-priced, think about the logic, in the Kids Bedroom Stuff pack, there is 40+ items for only $10 US or $14 AUD, if each individual item from that Stuff Pack was in a Sims 4 Store and each item costs $5 each, would you buy 40+ items at $5 each item, that would cost you $200 at $5 each item, I'd rather have a stuff pack that only cost $10-14 dollars for 40 items-cheaper and granted not many people use every item in the pack, I know I don't but I'd rather have a stuff pack than a store!

End of discussion!

Yes. Yes I would. Yours is an argument I hear often, and the logic falls flat every time. Why spend $10 for a stuff pack that has three things in it you want, when you could spend $1.50 instead? That's not expensive, that is saving $8.50. On top of that, I almost never paid for anything. I got entire worlds for free, watching those videos and saving points. You didn't even have to watch them, I just ran them behind whatever I was already doing. And nothing (except worlds) was $5, so I don't know where you got that. Most things were .25, .50, o $1.00. You didn't need to waste your money when all you wanted was the hair, or one counter, or a sweater. If you did want everything, the pack itself was cheaper. But you had to balance your choices and take the time to see what was the better deal for you. If you thought the store was expensive, you were doing it wrong.

So yes, I would rather get exactly what I want from a store, for a small amount of money (or for free with points), than spend $10 or more on an entire pack I might only use a few things for.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm still not sure where people are getting all this information about Backyard Stuff that they know the pack is repetitive.

That's something each Simmer sometimes faces. What if they're not into Get To Work or Get Together? What if they aren't into one or all the Game Packs and Stuff Packs? That's not the Team's fault, people just have different preferences. The thing is, they can't give us all the things we like, some of us will be left out whenever a Pack releases that doesn't have content we like, some of us could've felt left out through a whole iteration but it's not exactly the Sim Team's fault for not being able to give us more content at a smaller space of time - content takes time to conceptualize, create and polish and at the end of the day, there's only a certain amount of developers working on different aspects of the game. I think if they need more than 6 months for an Expansion Pack, then they should take longer than that, I'd rather a filled and more polished Pack than one that was released quickly and unpolished to please people.

If they think about all the players, how are they going to decide what to add to the game without inevitably disappointing a large portion of players?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.