The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I hate when I'm ready to screenshot and all of a sudden my C button stops working. X(
  • Options
    NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone! I've finally got almost 3 chapters screenshotted for my legacy, I'm really excited to update it soon! I missed playing this family so much
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,917 Member
    I'm fine dear, yourself? <3

Great thank you <3 been busy writing aha :p
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Morning all! I had a super crazy weekend at a convention - a convergence so to speak of all things geeky and nerdy. (Actually the convention is *called* Convergance so....yeah) And then I spent all yesterday recovering from being a social butterfly and writing many many things.

I hope you are are doing well today. In case you're not - maybe a Ghost of a Chance chapter can cheer you up?
    Ghost 18 - Granite Falls
    ghost18.png
    We make terrible teenagers, don't we? Julia thought a little amused. Real teenagers would be drinking cheap vodka or something that tasted terrible but got you drunk fast.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited July 2016
    Been playing my legacy lately and 3 aged up to teen. She lost her little boys tight curly hair and now she has a long pretty cc hair.. But it's an alpha and I am trying to use MM only. I just have been to lazy to take out the others. My fault.

I was going to change to a long MM hair but I do love it on her. I am not home and forgot to share pics. When I am home later I will try and share and maybe will get her different style.

She looks so much like her mom and dad. She has brown hair like her dad but her brother and sister have black hair like Ashlyn.

Starry also gets a new style when she aged to YA. Ah maturity.

Been so happy to play them again.

And some drama is coming. Its all those darn renegades faults!

Starry invited them over and everything in the house was broken in minutes lol
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey y'all.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited July 2016
    And Alex's newest post is up as she learns the consequences of opening her big mouth about work being "dull"

This is ABSOLUTELY me! Post 29- Alex's big mouth

jogging-3.png?
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited July 2016
    Howdy all!

I hope everyone is doing well. :) We had a nice 4th - I just spent it writing my short story submission for July in the Monthly Short Stories Challenge thread. For anyone who'd like to read it, here it is. :)
    Aurora%2B%2526%2BTyrone%2B2.jpg
    Daddy's Little Girl

This story features characters from "Forever in Time." It's a sweet little father/daughter talk between Aurora (my gen 2 heir) and her father, Tyrone, who has reservations about his daughter's relationship with former Casanova Silvan McBeth, Prince of the Fae.

With all this talk about bullet journals and moleskines, I gotta put in my two cents' worth. :)

I don't use a bullet journal, per se, but I do keep a notebook for story ideas and such. My to-do list goes into my Filofax. :) I've got a Traveler's Notebook for when I'm out of town and have a designated notebook in there for story ideas and brain dumping. :)

As to Moleskines, they're okay if you're a regular ballpoint pen user. Me, since I use fountain pens 99% of the time for writing anything, I find they just don't hold up well for that. The paper can't handle it. Instead, I'll use a Leuchtturm 1917 journal, which holds up pretty well to fountain pen ink. I'm a bit of a paper snob *snicker* so I'm pretty picky about my writing implements and accessories. :grin:

Along with fountain pens, I collect journals. :) I love writing in my journals and have a whole slew of them to pick from for after I fill one up. I have a HUGE stash of Peter Pauper Press ones as well as a few Paperblanks. I have other brands too, like some of those super nice Barnes and Noble ones.

Yep, yep, could talk journals and pens all day. LOL!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Happy Timezones, everyone! I came back from my relaxing vacation yesterday and I had so much fun! Hope you all are doing well! :)

I'm here to drop off two new episodes of Restaurant Extravaganza! I guarantee you'll enjoy them! :)

Restaurant Extravaganza Season 1 Episode 3
    Lots of drama in this one! @CitizenErased14, #ToCo and their son Lucas, Mari, and Jonas came by to dine!! The Rosebrooks sure love eating at Nicolette's restaurant! @Rorygilmore34, Rory came by to eat!

Restaurant Extravaganza Season 1 Episode 4
    Nicolette's restaurant chef stops by her house and she offers words of encouragement to him.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ooooh fountain pens. My dad collected those for a while.

I used to think mine was the only family that still participated in back to school shopping when none of us were still in school. Just to buy new stuff.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy Timezones :blush: Here's today's legacy update!

4.9: What is Love?
    pTzlbmr.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

Hey hey people of the forums! How's it going?? So today, I finally completed taking screenshots of the last four chapters of Gen 1 of my legacy story! Yay!!! Mission Accomplished!

duJTOfs3PW5Xy.gif

Have a great day everyone :) Going back to work becoz hard work pays off :sunglasses:

I'll stop being weird now! K. Bye! :grimace:
  • Options

pTzlbmr.png

HADDAWAY!!!!

Sorry that song immediately went through my head when reading your title :p
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

pTzlbmr.png

HADDAWAY!!!!

Sorry that song immediately went through my head when reading your title :p

:lol:@AuroraLockwood funnily enough, that song gets referenced in this chapter too :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Howdy all!

I hope everyone is doing well. :) We had a nice 4th - I just spent it writing my short story submission for July in the Monthly Short Stories Challenge thread. For anyone who'd like to read it, here it is. :)
    Daddy's Little Girl

This story features characters from "Forever in Time." It's a sweet little father/daughter talk between Aurora (my gen 2 heir) and her father, Tyrone, who has reservations about his daughter's relationship with former Casanova Silvan McBeth, Prince of the Fae.

With all this talk about bullet journals and moleskines, I gotta put in my two cents' worth. :)

I don't use a bullet journal, per se, but I do keep a notebook for story ideas and such. My to-do list goes into my Filofax. :) I've got a Traveler's Notebook for when I'm out of town and have a designated notebook in there for story ideas and brain dumping. :)

As to Moleskines, they're okay if you're a regular ballpoint pen user. Me, since I use fountain pens 99% of the time for writing anything, I find they just don't hold up well for that. The paper can't handle it. Instead, I'll use a Leuchtturm 1917 journal, which holds up pretty well to fountain pen ink. I'm a bit of a paper snob *snicker* so I'm pretty picky about my writing implements and accessories. :grin:

Along with fountain pens, I collect journals. :) I love writing in my journals and have a whole slew of them to pick from for after I fill one up. I have a HUGE stash of Peter Pauper Press ones as well as a few Paperblanks. I have other brands too, like some of those super nice Barnes and Noble ones.

Heeeey, fellow pen and journal lover! I don't necessarily collect journals, but I can't stop buying them lol. I want to get a fountain pen. I feel as a lover of pens I should use one lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Random off topic question, what is the weirdest meal you've ever had? I'm currently sitting here eating tuna fish burritos :p while working on my story :lol:
  • Options
    @ra3rei - Fountain pens are fun to coolect. I have nearly 200 pens in my collection, both modern and vintage. Plus, I have a TON of ink and am always adding more to the stash. LOL! Both my husband and I are collectors and each have our own personal collections. :)

@Jes2G - Oh, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a fountain pen. :) Since you'd be starting out, I wouldn't invest in a super expensive one. Most people gravitate toward a Pilot Metropolitan ($15) or Lamy Safari (around $35). Yeah, seems expensive for a pen considering you can get a pack of Bic pens for a couple of bucks but in the long run, it pays for itself since you can use it over and over again. Fountain pens (at least the modern ones) often come with cartridges of ink to just pop in and go. Otherwise, many will come with a converter so you can use bottled ink, which is more economical. Anyway, if you have an fountain pen questions, shoot them my way and I'll try to help. :)

Journals - Yeah. LOL! I'm crazy. :) I get them to eventually use but if it's one I like (like the ones from the Harry Potter theme park) a LOT, I'll replace it once I start using it. If you're interested, I made a video of my blank journal collection as of January, 2016. Aside from my Sims LP channel, I have a Vlog channel that I put a lot of pen/journal related stuff on.

My Blank Journal Collection, January, 2016

Just fair warning - I'm a crazy person and I have a LOT of journals. LOL!
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,917 Member
    The thread has come alive! How is everybody? I love fountain pens, I used to write all my stuff with vanilla scented ink :love:
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Howdy all!

Daddy's Little Girl

@sweetnightingale omg you are like me :D I love journals and pens, I always have to restrict myself from buying more. I have a Leuchtturm 1917 too! it's really good and looks neat. I take it with me everywhere :) I'm actually going to a moleskin store in two weeks that will be heaven :D I have to make sure I don't buy too much stuff.
  • Options
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    The thread has come alive! How is everybody? I love fountain pens, I used to write all my stuff with vanilla scented ink :love:

@Lizzie1234 I'm doing well, working on my story, randomly talking about food (so pretty much par for this thread :p
  • Options
    @Lizzie1234 - Oh yes! I'm familiar with the scented inks. I've only got just a couple samples of them but they do smell nice. :) So glad to find another fountain pen lover. :grin:

@Julyvee94 - Great minds think alike. :grin: It's hard not to feed the addiction when you're in a place that screams "Buy, buy, buy!" LOL! I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to Barnes & Noble, and I REALLY need to stay off Amazon. Hahaha. Oh, I love my Leuchtturm notebooks. I have several, some of which are discontinued colors. They're really good and they make great writer's notebooks since you've got the table of contents page in the front as well as numbered pages.

Ah, a Moleskine store. You're a glutton for punishment. :grin:
  • Options
    @Jes2G - Oh, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a fountain pen. :) Since you'd be starting out, I wouldn't invest in a super expensive one. Most people gravitate toward a Pilot Metropolitan ($15) or Lamy Safari (around $35). Yeah, seems expensive for a pen considering you can get a pack of Bic pens for a couple of bucks but in the long run, it pays for itself since you can use it over and over again. Fountain pens (at least the modern ones) often come with cartridges of ink to just pop in and go. Otherwise, many will come with a converter so you can use bottled ink, which is more economical. Anyway, if you have an fountain pen questions, shoot them my way and I'll try to help. :)

Journals - Yeah. LOL! I'm crazy. :) I get them to eventually use but if it's one I like (like the ones from the Harry Potter theme park) a LOT, I'll replace it once I start using it. If you're interested, I made a video of my blank journal collection as of January, 2016. Aside from my Sims LP channel, I have a Vlog channel that I put a lot of pen/journal related stuff on.

My Blank Journal Collection, January, 2016

Just fair warning - I'm a crazy person and I have a LOT of journals. LOL!

ICK. Never say Bic in my presence LOL. I believe they are the worst pens on the planet lol. I'd rather write in pencil than with any Bic. I know fountains are expensive. I'll have to check out that Pilot seeing as how my pen of choice is a Pilot.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G - AMEN TO THAT!!!! I agree wholeheartedly. Ah, you must like the Pilot G2's then? I have quite a few of those and will use them when it's not feasible to use a fountain pen. Since the ink is water based, it won't work well on glossy surfaces and most won't work on carbon forms. The Metropolitan is a very nice pen for the price and writes really well. They come in a variety of colors, too, so there are plenty of choices to pick from. :)
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Hey hey people of the forums! How's it going?? So today, I finally completed taking screenshots of the last four chapters of Gen 1 of my legacy story! Yay!!! Mission Accomplished!

duJTOfs3PW5Xy.gif

Have a great day everyone :) Going back to work becoz hard work pays off :sunglasses:

I'll stop being weird now! K. Bye! :grimace:

@remi_narrow what movie/show is that from?
    sMggKkh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top