Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Toddlers are not coming?

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm not going to definitely believe that Toddlers are coming or Toddlers aren't coming until either the end of The Sims 4's life span or until a Developer finally confirms it. Until one of those scenarios, I'm keeping ma hope :3 I kept my hope that a story update for one of my favorite games would come and after waiting almost 3 years, it's finally coming.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm not going to definitely believe that Toddlers are coming or Toddlers aren't coming until either the end of The Sims 4's life span or until a Developer finally confirms it. Until one of those scenarios, I'm keeping ma hope :3 I kept my hope that a story update for one of my favorite games would come and after waiting almost 3 years, it's finally coming.

...Schroedinger's cat...
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

...Schroedinger's cat...

Basically :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2016
    @kremesch73 Your post made me think of Ultima IX. The 3D in IX was not worth everything they sacrificed. :cry: Also, I'm sorry none of the Tomb Raider games have managed to capture the magic for you after 1 and 2. I think most of us have been there with some series at some point. :disappointed:

As for games in general going inevitably downhill after the initial installments, that depends. For example, the high point of TES for me is Morrowind, not Daggerfall or Arena. And there wouldn't have been a Morrowind if the devs hadn't made some major changes to the formula. On the other hand, Batman: Arkham Asylum is the high point of the series for me, and many would rate Arkham City higher.

Undeniably, there are games that start going down the path of the dark side because the developers stray too far from what originally brought people in or don't change it up enough to the point where it stagnates (combat in the Arkham series, for example) or just plain lose their passion for the series. And on some level, I agree that I would rather see series end shortly after their high point as opposed to seeing it dragged through the mud.

But this loops back to the horrible subjectivity issue. The high point for one is not necessarily the high point for another. I like all of the Sims games. For me, they all have their high points and low points. I don't think I would confidently announce any of them as the "best" - the best is some weird monster mash of all the qualities I liked from the four games, and none of the qualities I disliked. :wink: And I agree that TS3 seemed to be a real challenge for the team. In many ways, I admire it the most because it reached for the sun. But without mods to fix the many optimization issues, it's also an unplayable mess for me.

There's a definite disconnect between the devs and the forums, but that's not really anything new. People on the TS3 forums were constantly unhappy when I frequented it. I do think the team should dedicate more zots to family players (Generations was my favorite expansion, and I'd absolutely love one in TS4) since it's content I'm interested in and there seems to be a market for it, but that call is up to them. And ultimately, it's up to all of us whether or not we think any game is worth our time and our money. For me, TS4 is still worth my time and money even without toddlers. But ymmv.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Thanks for making this, I wholeheartedly believe they will not be coming in TS4 at all. They can't say no outright because they will lose players who are holding onto the hope of having toddlers in the game.
  • Options
    ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member

...Schroedinger's cat...

Basically :p

Schroedinger's toddlers, lol.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I don't have anything to say-move along!
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    You know I might be in the minority, but I really don't think Olympus was originally sims 4. Reason well the time it was scrapped it was in 2012. 3 years before Sims 4, and Sims 4 was in production in 2009. Now what I think what really happen was ? Sims 4, and Olympus was two separate games . Sims Olympus was scrapped, so things they planned for Olympus. Was all incorporated to Sims 4, and thus making sims 4 we all know now.

This is some of what I think happened too, and why many think that TS4 was scrapped Olympus. Because of this, this is why teens are basically YA and not teens, not all life stages are in, babies are objects, hardly no rotational play, no sort of customizations, smaller worlds, and why we generally don't have a fully fleshed out Sims game. TS4 was basically last minute IMO.
  • Options
    MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    2016 and 15-16 years later of the sims creation and the animations of opening doors of a car may be too much for the current team according to Grant?....

I know right like ... What they F are they doing
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'm not saying this team is inept, but everyone has a specialty, and when you look at Sims 1 and 2, and then look at Sims 3 and 4, you start to see that this 'expertise' and understanding of its fanbase isn't where it should be.

both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 have strong following of its own. How can something be objectively classed of downhill if its not underperforming as has its own fanbase?
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    beccz96 wrote: »
    Thank you for making this post! :)

We all want them, but people need to realise and see the truth

now you sound like a religious fanatic. I don't want them no matter how much you try to convince me that I do >.<

Now I do not understand what you mean. my expression "we all want them , but" is just a way to give expression that I understand the ' Toddlers side, ' and that I do not want to bash anyone. But Im going to express my opinion now and some people aint going to like it. Therefore I wrote like I did

So sir, dont twist my word and do not connect me with religion. Thank you

We do? Didn't someone post a thread a few days ago saying otherwise?[/quote]

Yeah this forum is filled with hundreds of simmers. Ofcourse not everyone want them. I do realise that as much as anybody else. I dont have the voice of all simmers. I do not represent the simmers opinion. So why quote me? One simmar made a post saying it dont want toddlers? Okey good! Because that is one simmer that wont be sad when they dont make a return. (I do not belivie they will return)

I Always stay on the side of those who is going to be sad by the outcome. And in this case, I belivie it will be the ones who want toddlers in the game. Therefore I wrote like I did. So why did you quote me? To slap on my fingers for writing my opinion, where I did not want any bashing and carefully shared my understanding for those who do not belivie as me?

We are split by our opinions and I do not understand why this Always have to be a issue in these forums
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Toddlers arent coming? Then the Sims 4 is pretty much dead!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,445 Member
    @Romire It's speculation, not stated as a fact. I agree with you about the sims being dead.. because toddlers are the life of my family play, literately.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    beccz96 wrote: »

Now I do not understand what you mean. my expression "we all want them , but" is just a way to give expression that I understand the ' Toddlers side, ' and that I do not want to bash anyone. But Im going to express my opinion now and some people aint going to like it. Therefore I wrote like I did

your original quote was saying "We all want them, but people need to realize and see the truth", implying that those that don't want them just did not see this truth yet, or are kidding themselves. Kind of like when you go to any religious place and they go "your religion is false, and ours is the right one, you're just yet to realize the truth!". In the end it's all opinions. And to call one opinion truthful over another rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The funny thing, for me, is that the "meaningful and amusing emotions" and the "more realistic behaviour" are the reasons I don't dare playing the game anymore, because emotions aren't meaningful at all, they are just a way to manipulate the game, and the behaviour is all but realistic.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @kremesch73 I am going to quickly reply to what you said about Tomb Raider. Yes TR 1-4 where the classics as were the 'Gold' bonus levels where the game was about exploring. You will remember all the big levels, Lost Valley with the T Rex, Egypt and Atlantis and TR2 had Venice, the snowmobile in Tibet and Temple of Xian to name a few. Really well done but with 'dated graphics' as we call it now.

Then it went 'shoot em up' and I never recovered, for years players where asking for the game to 'go back to its routes' only to be jeered at by others. TR 2013 was the final straw for me and how sadly, I see the same happening with The Sims.

So back on topic, changing the direction of a game never works. Original and long term players are pushed out. The difference is with The Sims is new players can still be brought in while other games the new players are usually casual.

Now I think both old and new players should be catered for, it is possible and has been done before.

I personally think TS3 was the peak of the series, at least every play style was covered more or less :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    @Romire It's speculation, not stated as a fact. I agree with you about the sims being dead.. because toddlers are the life of my family play, literately.

Speculation usually winds up being true and then its like Well what now, We can buy all the Xpacs possible including stuff packs, but toddlers are the core reason we play
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Simulance wrote: »
    Can people not just ignore or age up toddlers if they don't like them if they ever get added? I do that with features that I don't like.

About as easily as you can ignore toddlers in real life. Ever go to the grocery, and somewhere in the store is a child screaming at the top of it's lungs? Ever go to a restaurant and they are kicking the back of your seat, or standing up and staring at you over the back of the bench? You can't ignore that. Just let it be an optional patch, it's not that hard. I don't understand why the loudest people always only want what they want, and to hell with everyone else's wishes.

Why should it be optional? Are kids optional? Elders? Young Adults? No!
    What makes the toddler stage so "special" that people playing a life simulator demand they be left out, even though they are an integral part of life, just like every other age stage?!
    If they would be an optional patch, they would never get new content. My idea would be to allow people to choose the life stages they want their sim to go through by simply checking or unchecking them in the options menu.
    FYI, I would enable all life stages, because I actually care for the craddle-to-grave-relationship with my Sims.

Interesting suggestion :smile:

I have not seen anyone suggest checklists for life stages before but it could work perhaps.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think toddlers are coming to TS4, but have to tell EA I ain't gonna wait for you to take your honey moon in releasing them.
    EA and gurus, you have been given more than enough time to produce them. I don't think you deserve to be given more time.

I personally have set a goal that if the next EP is not going to be a popular one like generations, university, pets or seasons I am out of this game. When the developers treat their customers in this way by ignoring their requests and demands again and again then they do not deserve to be supported. Or maybe the game engine for this game is so weak that it cannot tolerate those EPs. Why bother then?

I am not buying the next GPs and SPs. The next EP will decide the fate of this game for me. If it is one of their mixed up watered down EPs, or something else that they term "New Idea" then I am done with TS4 and probably with The Sims because the dream team of TS2 is never going to come back so no matter what they do next TS5 or 6 or whatever will be worse and not better.

I like TS4 way more than TS3 but that does not mean it is an exceptional game. TS2 was.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2016
    Can people not just ignore or age up toddlers if they don't like them if they ever get added? I do that with features that I don't like.

About as easily as you can ignore toddlers in real life. Ever go to the grocery, and somewhere in the store is a child screaming at the top of it's lungs? Ever go to a restaurant and they are kicking the back of your seat, or standing up and staring at you over the back of the bench? You can't ignore that. Just let it be an optional patch, it's not that hard. I don't understand why the loudest people always only want what they want, and to hell with everyone else's wishes.

What makes the toddler stage so "special" that people playing a life simulator demand they be left out, even though they are an integral part of life, just like every other age stage?!
    If they would be an optional patch, they would never get new content. My idea would be to allow people to choose the life stages they want their sim to go through by simply checking or unchecking them in the options menu.
    FYI, I would enable all life stages, because I actually care for the craddle-to-grave-relationship with my Sims.

Or, maybe they could bring back the aging sliders and you could choose an age to have zero days (meaning that stage would be skipped). I'd love having age sliders back! :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @halimali1980 I am sorry to see that you are still disapointed :(

I myself prefer TS3 but it is a shame that the series has hit a slump for some players.

Maybe TS5 could be different though?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Or, maybe they could bring back the aging sliders and you could choose an age to have zero days (meaning that stage would be skipped). I'd love having age sliders back! :smile:

Yes that would be a good idea :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    @halimali1980 I am sorry to see that you are still disapointed :(

I myself prefer TS3 but it is a shame that the series has hit a slump for some players.

Maybe TS5 could be different though?

I like this game but I don't like:
    1- How popular themes are still ignored
    2- Lack of communication
    3- Giving the players the cold shoulder all the time

I wish I liked TS3 so I could go back. If I need to go back I have to go back to TS2 which was produced in 2004.

I am not going to think that TS5 will be any better. The same team that made TS3 is making TS4 and will probably make TS5. The mistakes they did in TS3 were not corrected but completely removed from TS4!! The same thing will happen in TS5 if there will be one.

I personally think that if they continue the same treatment for TS4 they will gradually lose more customers. I am included. Just matter of time.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top