The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Toddlers are not coming?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Ciarassims Can you imagine if they added toddlers in the last EP, but not TS5. Would be a rather controversial situation...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,338 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

And toddlers are fun to a lot of simmers ?

and they're not fun to a lot of other simmers. So if they were to be added, why shouldn't they be an optional download? I don't want them in my game, I don't want them on my sidewalks, I don't want my townies carrying them around in cafes and bars and I'm not about to prune all the randomly generated sims every sim day to make sure that that doesn't happen.

[q? Because that's what you're asking for.
    So your telling me that you hate toddlers so much . That you can't even just aged them up ? You hate them so much, you can't stand any of your sims having them. Any Npc having them ? Wow.Funny in sims 2, and 3 I didn't see them everywhere. I only saw them is when I visit my neighbor house in the game .( And the ones I had it home)I don't like a lot of things in the sims, I simple play the things I do like .And I see the other sims do things I don't like . I don't say its force in my game. Well it seems like most people want them more than the ones that oppose.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @Ciarassims Can you imagine if they added toddlers in the last EP, but not TS5. Would be a rather controversial situation...

I'd feel pretty fustrated if that happened tbh, I'd want the last game of the series to be the best and finish with a bang! I would accept the fact that the sims 4 would not have toddlers if the sims 5 had them.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Kaseylouise_xKaseylouise_x Posts: 19 Member
    Do we have any idea if toddlers are going to come out in the sims 4?? And if so when??
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,554 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    It'll be a real kick in the stomach if it comes to the day when we have the last pack and there's no toddlers at all, the time and effort spent hoping that the game would have toddlers but it's still never say never at the moment we don't know yet but I'm just saying.

Not for me. :|
    My wallet is already on lock-down.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    So your telling me that you hate toddlers so much . That you can't even just aged them up ? You hate them so much, you can't stand any of your sims having them. Any Npc having them ? Wow.Funny in sims 2, and 3 I didn't see them everywhere. I only saw them is when I visit my neighbor house in the game .( And the ones I had it home)I don't like a lot of things in the sims, I simple play the things I do like .And I see the other sims do things I don't like . I don't say its force in my game. Well it seems like most people want them more than the ones that oppose.

in The Sims 3 they would hang out outside of night clubs. Alone. And would cry. A lot. Babies can't actually end up in weird places in the neighborhood, because the game does not consider them this mobile. So yes, they would get in the way.

As for people wanting toddlers versus not, the forums are the minority of both sides.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I don't want them in my game, I don't want them on my sidewalks, I don't want my townies carrying them around in cafes and bars and I'm not about to prune all the randomly generated sims every sim day to make sure that that doesn't happen.

It's not about what you personally like, but gameplay trends, what constitutes a sims experience and whether the devs can deliver it consistently through each iteration since such decisions impact the reputation of the franchise. We don't even need to go down the road of personal dislikes - the developers gravely underestimated the appeal of toddlers, assuming that they weren't necessary or important to a sims experience - and the fans let them know they were wrong. Toddlers is now a four letter word and a hot topic in sims communities. Since I appreciate options I have no issue with more content and options in the game, I'll never understand those who do have issues with more content and gameplay options though..........................................
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Oh I am confident it will not be the last EP. Despite what many people say I believe the developers do care and want to please the fans. I think toddlers will come sooner rather than later. If not with the next EP (hopefully!) then maybe the one after :)

hardly likely. Traditionally the last EP is Seasons. I'm pretty convinced it will never happen. A toddler life stage is pretty important - and requires micro managing perhaps more than any other life stage. A life stage like that - if it was meant to be - would have already been here.

but anyway, Like halimali said, the next EP will determine whether I bother with TS 4 anymore. I haven't bought content since Spa Day.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    CK213 wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    It'll be a real kick in the stomach if it comes to the day when we have the last pack and there's no toddlers at all, the time and effort spent hoping that the game would have toddlers but it's still never say never at the moment we don't know yet but I'm just saying.

Not for me. :|
    My wallet is already on lock-down.

I buy more but that's because I personally feel like anything given only gives the fun factor for about five minutes then I get board and want more (not to sound greedy) and it's just the temptation of "new" things.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ha, funny, Sims 4 does actually reminded me of the Singles game. Those two games are a lot of like with single adults being the focus of the game.

It is getting to the point that honestly any life stage could be optional. I don't care for YA in the Sims 4 personally. I find them pointless until university returns. But do others like them? Yes. So that is why it is a life stage that needs to be in the game. Same with toddlers. For the Sims 4 being a game about life and the Sims themselves, funny when Sim related features is told to be "optional" or "I hate life simulation related features." Makes me worried about the future of the Sims 4 being a "I hate features game." XD

Sad when the Sims 4 is the first Sims iteration in which any feature being implemented can't even be suggested without a "I hate that feature so you should never have it" comment. I mean toddlers probably will never make it but why tear down people for speculating? The Sims 4 is a game full of speculation. Why is it different for toddlers?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    We don't know, and due to EA's policy they basically can't tell us.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @mirta000 In TS4, we have the option to age up at any time- make a cake and add birthday candles, then age your sim up. Why should it be different with toddlers? If you don't like the life stage- skip it by aging them up, but your dislike for toddlers should not take away the fun for other, more family-oriented simmers.
  • Options

And toddlers are fun to a lot of simmers ?

and they're not fun to a lot of other simmers. So if they were to be added, why shouldn't they be an optional download? I don't want them in my game, I don't want them on my sidewalks, I don't want my townies carrying them around in cafes and bars and I'm not about to prune all the randomly generated sims every sim day to make sure that that doesn't happen.

[q? Because that's what you're asking for.

I agree with the part where you said if you don't like toddlers you could just age them up, it's pretty simple put a birthday cake in front of them and age them up if you don't like them. Instead not having them which would ruin the fun of other people... It's that simple if you don't like them, your not climbing the Mount Everest :|
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,338 Member

in The Sims 3 they would hang out outside of night clubs. Alone. And would cry. A lot. Babies can't actually end up in weird places in the neighborhood, because the game does not consider them this mobile. So yes, they would get in the way.

As for people wanting toddlers versus not, the forums are the minority of both sides.

And you can'yt ignore them ? Well I never saw that before, than just go into a night club . And just ignore them . You see a lot backlash for not having toddlers that are far from the minority. Its not just the forum, a lot people show there disdain with not having them.Funny the ones ones who don't like them . Simple don't care if they were added in the game .They would just simple aged them up.
  • Options
    Has there been any mention of them since ts4 's can't me out??
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    As much as I would love to have toddlers I don't think we well be getting them anytime soon if ever. I would like them to unchain the baby from the crib and have legs.
  • Options
    > @Kaseylouise_x said:
    > Has there been any mention of them since ts4 's can't me out??

*came
  • Options
    batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    Everything has pretty much been said but, lol, does not having children really mean a person can't understand the draw of family play? I'm not sure why that would impact a developing decision. I've never battled a dragon before but I was quite excited to do so in Skyrim. I've never seen anyone literally die from anger/embarrassment/laughter but for some reason that was a developing choice.

I mean, seriously, family play is a stretch? Come on, now. Enough is enough.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • Options

I've never seen this in my game in the entire time I played the sims 3? Weird.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Only mention from actual staff is the stickied toddler thread, where SimGuruDrake wanted to see what players like about toddlers and want to see for them. But it's no confirmation that they're coming, aside from that thread not much else has been said since launch.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    The babies being left everywhere was a game bug early on that got fixed. Why people keep saying like it was a permanent feature, I don't know. But it is funny. Just shows they gave up on the Sims 3 early and never went back to see the bug fixes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member

There will always be aspects of the game that appeal to different players in different ways. Just because YOU don't find toddlers fun doesn't mean others don't, and I think it's a rather ridiculous request when aging them up is incredibly easy. If you don't like something you can absolutely not play with that content, instead of requesting it be optional.

Oh I missed this.

Requoting for emphasis .... well said.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Why should it be optional? Are kids optional? Elders? Young Adults? No!
    What makes the toddler stage so "special" that people playing a life simulator demand they be left out, even though they are an integral part of life, just like every other age stage?!
    If they would be an optional patch, they would never get new content. My idea would be to allow people to choose the life stages they want their sim to go through by simply checking or unchecking them in the options menu.
    FYI, I would enable all life stages, because I actually care for the craddle-to-grave-relationship with my Sims.

Because this is a game. If something is not deemed fun, we should be able to leave it out.
    I am giving you the benefit of doubt, unless you mean if a feature is not fun it should be left out as an option that a player can choose in-game, leaving out an feature because one group do not like it is not very fair. I do not play with toddlers but I believe it should be an option left up to the player and not one group that do not care for them.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Has there been any mention of them since ts4 's can't me out??
    There has been a lot of mention about them, even by Gurus but nothing about whether they're actually coming or being worked on, just "we're listening"
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    No idea. No answer about them ever returning either. Welcome to forums. Feel free to visit here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top