Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Toddlers are not coming?

Comments

• Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    Thank you for making this post! :)

We all want them, but people need to realise and see the truth
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited May 2016
    beccz96 wrote: »

now you sound like a religious fanatic. I don't want them no matter how much you try to convince me that I do >.<
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    beccz96 wrote: »

We do? Didn't someone post a thread a few days ago saying otherwise?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,445 Member
    @Yoko2112

Don't Imply and I won't Imply you. I made my own thread with photos & statuses to back up my title and the reasoning of my speculation, so don't dare come on like you have the handy dandy note book and try to tell me that my own thread Is bait. You sound really drowned right now.

Either way, It goes both ways. If they don't mention It-It could either be they don't wanna discuss It cause It might be future content or It just might be that their not going to release them and rather not lose fanbase. Before you try to allocate what my thread Is about and what I say, I'd refer you to another thread that you would like to comment on similar to this, okay?

And about that photo with the toddler and family, It Is not my fault that she didn't have the appropriate people on her account that she trusted. Again, this Is not a verbal attack on the CEO's wife. Please watch what you type.
  • Options
    @mirta000

My very first post about my speculated proof & evidence of Toddlers not coming.
    It's basically a disclaimer at the bottom, thanks.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I still think their coming. Why else would they have a toddler suggestion sticker on general?

To pacify the masses.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Thanks for putting all that together OP. I also believe that toddlers won't come to TS4 unfortunately.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    If they do come, it hope it is optional. I hated them in TS3, and aged them up quickly as possible. But they were still all over town, sitting in the park and crying, making everyone around them upset. I loved that they were skipped completely in TSM. And I adore my toddler free world in TS4. I know some people want them, but don't force them on the rest of us. Let us keep our peaceful worlds! We get enough garbage we don't want forced on us in this game as it is.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I can't help getting totally grumpy when devs ask for our help to understand why we want toddlers and family play. If that's not clear by now, it never will be. Just read Sparkfairy's OP of the stickied topic and there's your answer. It has absolutely nothing to do with devs having or not having kids themselves, that's for sure.

That thread had the same people post over and over and SimGuruDrake addressed that the thread goes off topic way to much to clearly follow.

They want a wider audiences feedback. It's clear they posted that thread to see the number of people who post.
    There are 1.7k replies and 80+k people who has seen it. I don't know if it counts the same people again when they enter the topic on another day, but if we assume not, then 80k is more than people who are playing it (or just idle in there waiting) highest I have seen was 43k. So yay? lol
    25,000 signed a poll for toddlers too. I mean that is a lot of potential profit loss if ignored. The Sims 4 may have potential, but at this rate, it will never reach it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @mirta000 True.

It is more of a case that toddlers where not added rather than removed, as they still exist in the older games ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I still think their coming. Why else would they have a toddler suggestion sticker on general?

To pacify the masses.
    Sadly I agree. I view it as an idea area for the Sims 5.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I can't help getting totally grumpy when devs ask for our help to understand why we want toddlers and family play. If that's not clear by now, it never will be. Just read Sparkfairy's OP of the stickied topic and there's your answer. It has absolutely nothing to do with devs having or not having kids themselves, that's for sure.

That thread had the same people post over and over and SimGuruDrake addressed that the thread goes off topic way to much to clearly follow.

They want a wider audiences feedback. It's clear they posted that thread to see the number of people who post.
    There are 1.7k replies and 80+k people who has seen it. I don't know if it counts the same people again when they enter the topic on another day, but if we assume not, then 80k is more than people who are playing it (or just idle in there waiting) highest I have seen was 43k. So yay? lol
    25,000 signed a poll for toddlers too. I mean that is a lot of potential profit loss if ignored. The Sims 4 may have potential, but at this rate, it will never reach it.
    Hmm yes that's quite a nice chuck, I believe they would earn more on the games if they did include them, but who knows.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Simulance wrote: »
    Can people not just ignore or age up toddlers if they don't like them if they ever get added? I do that with features that I don't like.

About as easily as you can ignore toddlers in real life. Ever go to the grocery, and somewhere in the store is a child screaming at the top of it's lungs? Ever go to a restaurant and they are kicking the back of your seat, or standing up and staring at you over the back of the bench? You can't ignore that. Just let it be an optional patch, it's not that hard. I don't understand why the loudest people always only want what they want, and to hell with everyone else's wishes.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I honestly believe at first they had no intentions of bringing them back to the sims 4 at all. But now I think with all the demand for them, they may actually be working on them. But because they may be having issues getting them correct they don't want to give a definitive answer. Also, I don't think the stickie thread is any indication that they are definitely adding them.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Hmm yes that's quite a nice chuck, I believe they would earn more on the games if they did include them, but who knows.
    I think so too. It would be so easy to release a toddler SP after the patch too. Profit potential lost. Oh well, EA will be EA. I shouldn't be shocked by it. I am happy about the kid pack at least. Finally a non YA focused pack.
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    Well, maybe project olympus was a real thing, and when they had to scrap it, they were left with a small game. All they had was children and adults by this time, which is why teens are adults in school, and toddlers don't exist. Because by the time August rolled around, they were 1. at deadline, and 2. Out of budget. This also could have been the reason why ghosts and pools were left out for those few months.

Maybe the reason we still don't see toddlers, is because they were just BARELY being thought of by the time basegame came out. They could be making them and just working on all the animations and also trying to figure out how they're gonna implement them. I just wish there wasn't this dreadful silence...

anyways, as much as I want to hope, I highly doubt toddlers will come. Which is a shame because Sims 3 doesn't work so I'm stick playing sims 4 or sims 2. (which both have been way too overplayed for me)
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited May 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Okay.

Read the bottom of my paragraph and then come reply back to me.

don't know what you mean by that honestly. They can not talk about future content and especially about considered future content. There were threads with "no, this is missing content, not future content!", no. Anything that may come out and is not currently in, anything that they're working on, it's all under NDA until the quarter of release comes.

Well they had no problem talking about care coming and they are not here and the quarter was not yet release. They talked about cars coming so I am sure they could say the same thing about Toddlers, and say they are coming but cannot comment on anything about them or When

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2016
    The picture wasn't exactly meant to be for the fans, as it was meant for the family and wasn't supposed to be shown online. And her saying it's a unique piece of art doesn't mean it'll stay unique forever. Remember this line that people love to throw around on here.

"Things Change."

And again, pre-alpha interviews are very iffy when it comes to what finalized things will come in the actual release. Obviously they did run out of time, and that was perhaps a contributing factor to the silence policy that they followed from March to May, since Sk8rBlze pointed out that they can't always "walk the walk."

At some point, @jackjack_k is probably going to come to this thread, so when she does, make sure things don't get out of hand on here.

Anyway, it's very clear that even if Toddlers were on the table early on, EA didn't even have concept art made for them, so it was taken off the table early on.

EA also skipped Toddlers on The Sims 3 Wii. They said in an interview that they wanted to focus on "more popular content" like Weather and Beach Content.

It's been clear since 2010 EA only included Toddlers in Sims 3 because The Sims 3 was built from The Sims 2, but barely any content was made for Toddlers. And then EA started removing them altogether.

If Toddlers were EVER planned for real, there would be concept art somewhere.

---

Don't know why my name was dropped though. Glad I make some #impact on here though, so thanks for the shoutout?

You have no idea *why* toddlers were in TS3 or *why* they aren't in TS4-you know no more than the rest of us. Please stop talking for the team and EA in general-they are quite able to speak for themselves.

Clue being that @SimGuruDrake has repeatedly asked that *speculation* is named as such. Not presented as facts.
    I agree with your post because if you are going to talk like your post is factual then you need to back it up with softcopies to backup what you are putting out and that goes for anyone not just her.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Isn't Jack_jack a guy? Anyway no need to talk about, or even tag other Simmers while they are not currently present in the thread ad if they do come into this thread, why should it be such a big deal? Are some Simmers not allowed to give their opinions anymore?

Nope, Jackjack is a girl. It shocked a lot of people when they found out.
    :o Like... me right now..

Anyway, I'm proud to announce the birth of a little baby boy in my game half an hour ago. His parents named him Paul and yes he's going to be a toddler, because he lives in Sims 2 o:) He's the cutest.

That is not what @SimGuruDrake said at all. She said it's a busy thread and she couldn't keep up. Nothing about how many people post or that it goes 'off topic'. If you are going to talk for her please be accurate in what you are claiming. Thank you.
    It wasn't my intention to attack or criticize one particular guru by the way, it was rather meant as a general remark (triggered by the quote in the OP of course).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @JoAnne65 Good luck with your TS2 toddler :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @PandaSpirit

They should've said that then, If the Gurus truly loved their position as being a Guru and love talking to the customers/fans and so much more that they say they want to do or they do-do.. then why are we stuck here?

It could've been simple as," Yes, toddlers are being worked on and we are still exploring options and being Intuitive with how they work at the moment. You will hear more about this Information when we get closer to releasing them."

But then again 'Future Content' and 'Cannot talk about It' Is not a mix, they can discuss Future Content whenever they want. Unless Toddlers are coming through a patch. But just Incase anyone thinks that they are on a NDA or being held against will. Here you go:
    Not sure where you read about this, but here's a super quick explanation... I'm simplifying or glossing over a lot of finer points here, but this is the crux of what we deal with. The issue relates to when we can count revenue on sales of a product.

For upcoming content that we plan to sell, we can announce it whenever we want and it doesn't impact our financials because you haven't had the opportunity to purchase it yet./quote]
    it needs to be made available to a consumer within the same financial quarter that we announced that content in. If that content does not launch within that quarter, then we can't recognize any of the revenue we've made on sales of the game until we deliver on the expectation we established.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    If they do come, it hope it is optional. I hated them in TS3, and aged them up quickly as possible. But they were still all over town, sitting in the park and crying, making everyone around them upset. I loved that they were skipped completely in TSM. And I adore my toddler free world in TS4. I know some people want them, but don't force them on the rest of us. Let us keep our peaceful worlds! We get enough garbage we don't want forced on us in this game as it is.
    If there's one problem my Sims 3 is suffering from it's a community dying out. Since no kids are spontaneously born in my game, this toddler invasion you're describing would be over from the moment the game is about ten days old. If you really had this issue I'm in fact very jealous, because it means you had some form of SP.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top