The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Toddlers are not coming?

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited May 2016
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Well there you go, the Sims 4 should've gotten a lot more sales rather than 3 million In 1 year.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/17805/the-sims-3/Global/
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72139/the-sims-4/

as I said comparing the timelines in boxed copies The Sims 4 outsold The Sims 3 by 500K or so :D
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited May 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Back then we had never had toddlers in the game nor did we know if it was possible, so yeah.

The Sims Medieval. Not The Sims 1. The Sims Medieval ran alongside The Sims 3.
    @mirta000

3 million Is not a lot. The sims 3 sold 1.4 million In 1 week, and that's just digital.

comparing the yearly boxed copies sales, The sims 3 sold less in their first 2 years than The Sims 4 did.

Only because people were tricked and misguided lol. The Sims 4 needs a lot more work, did any of you notice that they just now started working on the new lighting? So the lighting we have right now wasn't even finished. What else Isn't finished?

This whole Toddler problem Is Insane. I really do believe they will not come anymore.
  • Options

Only because people were tricked and misguided lol. The Sims 4 needs a lot more work, did any of you notice that they just now started working on the new lighting? So the lighting we have right now wasn't even finished. What else Isn't finished?

or they are making a free improvement? So when The Sims 3 got a free update of body hair before Ambitions did The Sims 3 launched unfinished?

And returned copies are never counted into sales. If you felt tricked or misguided you could have returned your game.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Well there you go, the Sims 4 should've gotten a lot more sales rather than 3 million In 1 year.

The Sims 4, in terms of digital sales, is that it has probably got around 100 million sales is my guess. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Back then we had never had toddlers in the game nor did we know if it was possible, so yeah.

The Sims Medieval. Not The Sims 1. The Sims Medieval ran alongside The Sims 3.
    @mirta000

3 million Is not a lot. The sims 3 sold 1.4 million In 1 week, and that's just digital.

comparing the yearly boxed copies sales, The sims 3 sold less in their first 2 years than The Sims 4 did.

If it wasn't finished, the lights in game wouldn't turn on, have controllable brightness, a selection of colors, or an auto-on feature. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well this thread has gotten busy.

Not sure why people are comparing which game sold more than others though. It shouldn't be a competition to 'who owns the most popular game'

Now back on topic, I might have to mention, if it hasn't already been mentioned yet that a few from EA said they cannot comment on future content unless they actual have a date for it to be released by.

The silence is not popular, but it is legit to an extent.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    This whole Toddler problem Is Insane. I really do believe they will not come anymore.

toddlers have not shown to be very popular in other games. As people actively demanding toddlers are in the thousands and people that purchased the game are in the millions, most seem to not care.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    The picture wasn't exactly meant to be for the fans, as it was meant for the family and wasn't supposed to be shown online. And her saying it's a unique piece of art doesn't mean it'll stay unique forever. Remember this line that people love to throw around on here.

"Things Change."

And again, pre-alpha interviews are very iffy when it comes to what finalized things will come in the actual release. Obviously they did run out of time, and that was perhaps a contributing factor to the silence policy that they followed from March to May, since Sk8rBlze pointed out that they can't always "walk the walk."

At some point, @jackjack_k is probably going to come to this thread, so when she does, make sure things don't get out of hand on here.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I'm getting so frustrated! Please just tell us yes or no already !
  • Options
    EA forbids Maxis in telling us about future content - the only time Maxis can talk about future content, in a way, is when it is nearing its release.

You'll need to talk with EA themselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @Ravager2K

I'm not talking about that. I'm saying the graphics of the lighting.

@mirta000

what free Improvements? things that could've been In the base game, oh yeah that's very fair-minded.
    and what's your proof on that statement you made. In what way would you know half of the million who purchased the game aren't solely upset themselves about Toddlers?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    They aren't going to tell us.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I concur.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info I guess I'll write a letter in just upset
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Not everyone could return their games. You can only return if you buy a digital copy through Origin. It also discounts the benefit of the doubt loyal customers extended to the team in buying despite the issues-and it's pretty sad if the position has changed to 'buyers beware' when it comes to the sims.
  • Options
    what free Improvements? things that could've been In the base game, oh yeah that's very fair-minded.
    and what's your proof on that statement you made. In what way would you know half of the million who purchased the game aren't solely upset themselves about Toddlers?

All of the free updates before expansion packs in The Sims 3? Also could have easily been in the base game.
    As for proof, don't you think that if it severely impacted their enjoyment they would actually complain or return their purchase?
  • Options
    The picture wasn't exactly meant to be for the fans, as it was meant for the family and wasn't supposed to be shown online. And her saying it's a unique piece of art doesn't mean it'll stay unique forever. Remember this line that people love to throw around on here.

"Things Change."

And again, pre-alpha interviews are very iffy when it comes to what finalized things will come in the actual release. Obviously they did run out of time, and that was perhaps a contributing factor to the silence policy that they followed from March to May, since Sk8rBlze pointed out that they can't always "walk the walk."

At some point, @jackjack_k is probably going to come to this thread, so when she does, make sure things don't get out of hand on here.

If the picture/render weren't meant to be seen by the fans eyes, then why was the picture seen by the fans eyes? Things change, but not for the better. @jackjack_k will act civilized just like everyone else on this thread, no need for the rabbit talk.
  • Options

If the picture/render weren't meant to be seen by the fans eyes, then why was the picture seen by the fans eyes? Things change, but not for the better. @jackjack_k will act civilized just like everyone else on this thread, no need for the rabbit talk.

because some websites were actively leaking things and some fans were stalking other peoples personal lives?
  • Options
    Yeah they are not! Back to the sims 2. I'm just mad that I can't enjoy the lovely graphics AND play how I like to play. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as plum
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

"Things Change."

Because someone was rude and took something personal from a private account and shared it without permission. That's all there is to it.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

"Things Change."

CEO's wife shared it on her private Instagram account, where her friends saw it. Apparently, at least one of them decided to share it with the Simming community, not respecting her privacy, and showing off something never meant to be seen by us.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Voting with my dollars ! No eps or stuff packs till toddlers. Which is such a lame way to voice my opinion but I can't buy anymore stuff if I'm not even getting what I really like in a game. When I preordered I was told ALL life stages would be in the game. Mad as plumb
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    This is the one topic they just cant talk about they have said Pets are not currently being worked on but they cant do the same for toddlers because if they say no we are not working on toddlers many people will just quit the game. So either they are working on toddlers and they cant talk about content that is not released in the current fiscal quarter or they are dangling the carrot to get more packs purchased and have no plans to ever release them. This picture pretty much sums up the Sims 4 and the Guru's handling of toddlers.
    tumblr_n4k3bwMNk21qho6sqo1_500.jpg

Reminded me of this Family Guy episode. o:)

raw
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    We won't know until the company itself is prepared to tell the answer, there's already a million of these threads.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top