Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need another NewCrest

Comments

• Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Worlds aren't going to be coming faster. Worlds take an entire team months to make )that's why magnolia promenade was just a single neighborhood, because of newcrest).

I don't think people understand what goes behind a sims 4 world. It's not just click and drag and you're done like previous games. Worlds are massive (and small) bits of 3d and 2d facades that are pieced together like a puzzle. Unless you are familiar with game mechanics/code, game design, and modeling. You shouldn't even consider making or editing Sims 4 worlds.

Not true. Magnolia promenade is a single neighborhood because they prioritized creating largely unusable neighborhoods for all of the careers. We got Newcrest months after GTW was already available, and NC is literally a copy/paste job of willow creek with terribly placed lots.

And what are you even talking about with the size? They are not massive, they're extremely small. Even Windeburg is smaller than a world in Sims 3. The creation process is more or less the same as it would be in 3, but roads and sidewalks are now hard coded objects into the worlds. It's definitely not rocket science to create a new world, these people can absolutely get a new one out every 6mo if they wanted to.

Entertaining the idea that it is impossible to edit neighbourhoods and add roads.... Couldn't they at least add pretty rendered templates? Like different themes and ones with different lot sizes for us to pick and chose. Newcrest seemed to use a simular template to Willow Creek and even some of the lot sizes are directly imported from Oasis Springs/Willow Creek just with different backdrops.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    New Crest is ok and all, but I don't really want another one. I would much rather have a themed neighborhood added over a completely blank one.

What I really would like:

I want a design tool to make my own. I want the ability to edit the all areas of the existing towns. I want the ability to decide which ones I want to use and which ones I don't want sims to move into. I want the freedom to make the towns that I envision in my head.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Agree. But one more detailed like Windenburg. It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but a little more than what Newcrest has would be nice.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2016
    I agree that we need the another Newcrest...but the ability to make our own new Newcrest. Even if all they give us is a tool that lets us pick a world layout, its backdrop, and whether it's green or desert, urban or rural, I would love this. I would definitely like to make a blank desert area to build on, and I'd also love a Windenburg-esque option too! Of course, this should come with the ability to save worlds to your gallery and delete them too. That way, if you'd like to start a totally fresh save with all original worlds (Up to four or five worlds total in the base game), you can...But, that might be too tall an order, I don't know...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would like to see the neighborhoods be attached and more lots added, like eventually becoming one big world, then it would be open world, that could be a problem for EA, but it is what I would like to see happen. I am not sure that we need a new empty world just a way to put in lots in the other worlds. But if a blank world is all we will get, then I guess that is better than nothing, especially if the next pack is restaurants, as some posters feel there have been clues for.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like new worlds in these games as many as we can get. But right now, I feel I need a world editor that will let me change an existing one to any type of world I would want. (Inside the game not outside the game) like turn WC into a very urban city. lol So, I would need this inside the game to remove those backdrops and edit the town to be a dirty city with crime in my mind. Not saying all urban cities are that way, but I want to play that way and can't. For a dozen reasons other than no world editor or proper backdrops or décor.

I have been begging them for a very urban city for years....you would think they would finally build one with lots of crime, lots of undesirable elements in that hood, from Sim types, and lots of city type objects that aren't picture perfect. Factories that pollute, Sims that mug (Unsavory Charlatan pick pocket) police, burglars, low or bad environment scores, etc. But I guess that's no longer politically correct to build a world in The Sims that reflects real life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Well, I am sure we will get a new one soon, and by soon I mean it the same way that guru did in the tweet....."soon".

I would love more variety. Like a farming town, with open land to explore, big lots to have animals and farms. A city with big buildings and apartments. A coastal town with a northern feel, not a tropical one, I want a tropical one too but not all coastal towns are tropical.

What I really want is another place to vacation!!! I like camping but, you know, not everyone wants to vacation only in the woods.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Worlds aren't going to be coming faster. Worlds take an entire team months to make )that's why magnolia promenade was just a single neighborhood, because of newcrest).

I don't think people understand what goes behind a sims 4 world. It's not just click and drag and you're done like previous games. Worlds are massive (and small) bits of 3d and 2d facades that are pieced together like a puzzle. Unless you are familiar with game mechanics/code, game design, and modeling. You shouldn't even consider making or editing Sims 4 worlds.

Not true. Magnolia promenade is a single neighborhood because they prioritized creating largely unusable neighborhoods for all of the careers. We got Newcrest months after GTW was already available, and NC is literally a copy/paste job of willow creek with terribly placed lots.

And what are you even talking about with the size? They are not massive, they're extremely small. Even Windeburg is smaller than a world in Sims 3. The creation process is more or less the same as it would be in 3, but roads and sidewalks are now hard coded objects into the worlds. It's definitely not rocket science to create a new world, these people can absolutely get a new one out every 6mo if they wanted to.

Entertaining the idea that it is impossible to edit neighbourhoods and add roads.... Couldn't they at least add pretty rendered templates? Like different themes and ones with different lot sizes for us to pick and chose. Newcrest seemed to use a simular template to Willow Creek and even some of the lot sizes are directly imported from Oasis Springs/Willow Creek just with different backdrops.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but we were told pretty firmly before GTW came out that they didn't have the ability to add onto existing worlds.

We will never see an in game editor that allows us to edit existing road structures. That is absolutely out of the question, but a world creator is possible. It's just a matter of priority, does Maxis feel that a world creator would benefit the game? They saw how many people caught onto CAW in Sims 3 and made worlds that rivaled EA worlds in terms of quality and functionality and all of the user made worlds were absolutely free.

As it is now Maxis dominates the field, a new world can only be provided by them, and they haven't made any statements on a world creator. They've already started using worlds as a selling point on their packs (GT) which tells me they are going to hold off on a world creator so they can use that to sell their packs.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    Empty like Newcrest, areas detailed like Windenburg.
    Make it so that each section's backgrounds hints at the existence of the other worlds.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It would be interesting to know if they could give us a world generator map like the Tropico games do. I would love a map generator. I don't play many other games that are MMOs etc. that would give me any experience to build maps, (Not in several years) so the Tropico games are the only idea I could come up with, that lets you pick the elevation, the vegetation, and the minerals, etc. and then generates it shape and how much land available by size etc. That would be interesting for a Sims' game to do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Agreed but I rather have it when we have like farm stuff so we could make like a farm neighborhood.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but we were told pretty firmly before GTW came out that they didn't have the ability to add onto existing worlds.

We will never see an in game editor that allows us to edit existing road structures. That is absolutely out of the question, but a world creator is possible. It's just a matter of priority, does Maxis feel that a world creator would benefit the game? They saw how many people caught onto CAW in Sims 3 and made worlds that rivaled EA worlds in terms of quality and functionality and all of the user made worlds were absolutely free.

As it is now Maxis dominates the field, a new world can only be provided by them, and they haven't made any statements on a world creator. They've already started using worlds as a selling point on their packs (GT) which tells me they are going to hold off on a world creator so they can use that to sell their packs.
    You are a downer why post if you are going to shatter peoples hopes and you don't know that for a fact. Do you work for EA and know for a fact they can't add on to other neighborhoods? Just because they said something last year it might not apply now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I don't need one yet, myself, but I could see where others are already at a point where they need to expand. I don't want another populated World added but only because of the population cap.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know if they could give us a world generator map like the Tropico games do. I would love a map generator. I don't play many other games that are MMOs etc. that would give me any experience to build maps, (Not in several years) so the Tropico games are the only idea I could come up with, that lets you pick the elevation, the vegetation, and the minerals, etc. and then generates it shape and how much land available by size etc. That would be interesting for a Sims' game to do.

I don't think so with this game engine.
  • Options
    Agreed but I rather have it when we have like farm stuff so we could make like a farm neighborhood.

You are a downer why post if you are going to shatter peoples hopes and you don't know that for a fact. Do you work for EA and know for a fact they can't add on to other neighborhoods? Just because they said something last year it might not apply now.

Lol I'm simply supplying the information we have, if that upsets you blame Maxis. I'm not here to shatter hopes and dreams, I'm here to respond to other posters with my opinion that has zero effect on you or your ability to enjoy the game.

IMO the time and place for them to add onto existing worlds has came and passed. I don't need another Willow Creek, or Oasis Springs. They kept them as the primary worlds for over a year, and created new neighborhoods using the same styles and content. They have exhausted the styles there and it's time to move on to new ideas and themes.

Lastly, just because they CAN do something doesn't mean they will. Look at babies, they said shortly after the game launched that they had the tech to make them "free" , but that still hasn't happened. It's a matter of priority, and I wouldn't hate for their main priority to be focused on creating new worlds instead of extending the existing ones we have. Different yet equal opinion to yours, doesn't make me a downer.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Lol I'm simply supplying the information we have, if that upsets you blame Maxis. I'm not here to shatter hopes and dreams, I'm here to respond to other posters with my opinion that has zero effect on you or your ability to enjoy the game.

IMO the time and place for them to add onto existing worlds has came and passed. I don't need another Willow Creek, or Oasis Springs. They kept them as the primary worlds for over a year, and created new neighborhoods using the same styles and content. They have exhausted the styles there and it's time to move on to new ideas and themes.

Lastly, just because they CAN do something doesn't mean they will. Look at babies, they said shortly after the game launched that they had the tech to make them "free" , but that still hasn't happened. It's a matter of priority, and I wouldn't hate for their main priority to be focused on creating new worlds instead of extending the existing ones we have. Different yet equal opinion to yours, doesn't make me a downer.

Information with sources is better.
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like new worlds in these games as many as we can get. But right now, I feel I need a world editor that will let me change an existing one to any type of world I would want. (Inside the game not outside the game) like turn WC into a very urban city. lol So, I would need this inside the game to remove those backdrops and edit the town to be a dirty city with crime in my mind. Not saying all urban cities are that way, but I want to play that way and can't. For a dozen reasons other than no world editor or proper backdrops or décor.

I have been begging them for a very urban city for years....you would think they would finally build one with lots of crime, lots of undesirable elements in that hood, from Sim types, and lots of city type objects that aren't picture perfect. Factories that pollute, Sims that mug (Unsavory Charlatan pick pocket) police, burglars, low or bad environment scores, etc. But I guess that's no longer politically correct to build a world in The Sims that reflects real life.

That's also my dream....
    I hate happy land
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I would like more than one new empty world. I very rarely play anything but Newcrest as I like starting from scratch, and I really really miss CAW.

I'd like a tropical Island world for holidays, I'm bored with the forest.

I'd like a world with loads of 64x64, 50x50 and 40x50 lots, with the odd 30x20 or 30x40 for parks etc.

But obviously I know we'd be told that it would 'make the game unstable'. My reply would be that Maxis/EA shouldn't have been lazy with the platform, nor should they have tried originally to make an online game that very few of us ever wanted.

Roll on Sims 5 :|
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member

I understand perfectly the complexity of TS4 worlds, that's what makes them beautiful...
    But they also make them set in stone. Every story I create in WB will look the same as another one's story, because backdrops are eternal and never change.
    I can't be creative, and this sucks.
    For people who don't care and just want thing ready to play (and love Happy Lands), it must be great.
    For me, it just shortens the game lifespan. When I get boring with a playthrough, sometimes I like changing the setting or creating a new city. In TS4, I can't...

So all in all, I think that was a pretty bad design choice...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hermai wrote: »

I understand perfectly the complexity of TS4 worlds, that's what makes them beautiful...
    But they also make them set in stone. Every story I create in WB will look the same as another one's story, because backdrops are eternal and never change.
    I can't be creative, and this sucks.
    For people who don't care and just want thing ready to play (and love Happy Lands), it must be great.
    For me, it just shortens the game lifespan. When I get boring with a playthrough, sometimes I like changing the setting or creating a new city. In TS4, I can't...

So all in all, I think that was a pretty bad design choice...

I used to make my own worlds in Sims 3. What I thought would be a daunting task was actually a really enjoyable experience that added a lot of depth to my gameplay, and in a way changed how I played the game.

Wish we could do this in Sims 4, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. Also given the poor upkeep they did with the CAW tool it doesn't even work with my game anymore. :/
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Not only do I wish we had another Newcrest and other empty worlds, I also wish there was a way to expand the original worlds. It makes me an unhappy player to see spaces on the map where I could potentially have more lots, if there was only a way to do so. I'm used to playing huge neighborhoods in Sims 2, so the maps on Sims 4 make me feel rather confined. This old song popped into my head when I while I was reading the thread-

"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
    Don't fence me in
    Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
    Don't fence me in"
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Another empty neighborhood with a different look to it - perhaps urban or tropical - would be nice. But I agree with the post above that we need another vacation destination. Preferably in the style of Sunlit Tides/Isla Paradiso from Sims 3. Btw, I never have an issue filling up NC with houses I download or build myself. Also NC is where I always place the Spa.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I do think we will get another holiday place. The one we have is so lame and so boring, I hope they add stuff to do. and the icon looks so lonely all on its own.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    At this point I would take an edit neighborhood function. Creating worlds is way above my head but editing and placing additional lots in a neighborhood is much easier.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I would like to be able to edit the off-grid areas in each world with ease and I would happily take another empty world as long as the backdrop is different to what we already have so far. Saying that, I would prefer a big world filled with new venues and houses but i will take whatever as long as there is more space as I love to customize my game.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22