Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need another NewCrest

Like the title says. :sunglasses:

Agree? Disagree? Click the button Say why.

Comments

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm guessing you mean a new empty world to build on, not an identical one to Newcrest? Because after Windenburg, a new neighborhood resembling either of the old ones is gonna be pretty dull. Personally I have enough space in my game at the moment, and would prefer any new worlds to be released with a pack and a certain theme. A new mediocre, empty world is not needed in my opinion.
  • Options
    guineapigsimguineapigsim Posts: 98 Member
    I dont need another Willow Creek-looking empty neighborhood, I would rather have a new cool looking neigborhood with the next EP. But I have plenty of space in my saves anyway.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    You know what? We do. As long as this one resembles Windenburg. It's so pretty I personally wouldn't even mind.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    No, I think we need a world creator tool!

I agree that the world creation tool would be the most useful update and even if there were no further updates it would make the game tolerable in it's current state. Another small neighborhood with minimal decor and a handful of poorly organized lots won't add value without any functional objects to place on any of the lots.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Yes, please! And I would also like a 'nuke from orbit' option for the other neighborhoods. One button to evict everyone and flatten every building. This one by one way we have now is hella annoying and time consuming.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I'm all for another world but I hope they fill it up. I never know what to put in my newcrest to make it look "maxis made" so it's always empty. Also anyone else find winderburg completely out of place compared to wc and os, almost like it's not even the same game?
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Right now ? Not really, since I still have some room for my families (and there's just so many of them I can manage in my rotation anyway), so that's not my priority at the moment.

I would be more interested in new gameplay (seasons, sports/outdoors/swimming pool activities, town/apartments, vacation) and those could include a new world. But at this point, I would be more interested in a way to edit the public spaces (so I can include an eventual basket loop for example) and seasonal/weather variations of the world we already have. Perhaps editing lot sizes too, so I can replace those big lots with smaller ones.
  • Options
    IpiIpi Posts: 11 New Member
    I could use a new world, sure, but I'd like one that isn't so crammed as Newcrest or Willow Creek, I need more space around my buildings or I'm starting to feel claustrophobic! Something like the rural area of Windenburg would be nice, I suppose, just not quite as rural and with empty lots. Or lots with more generic theme than the Windenburg thing, at least. I want something bland for a change, so any of the buildings I choose to make won't clash with the heavily themed backdrops.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Nah. Just need apartments so I can make little housing estates or gated communities on my unused large lots.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I always saw Newcrest as an extension to Willow Creek (in my game it's a more modern district.) So if we were going down that route I would like a desert map like Oasis Springs (in my game I would love to have space for a Las Vegas strip.)
    That said though I would love some sort of neighbourhood builder to be able to extend the existing worlds. Magnolia Promenade is a sorry mess with just four lots and I wish I could add a bayou swamp in Willow Creek to make it a true New Orkeans inspired world!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No, not another Newcrest, but a new entirely different neighborhood. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Worlds aren't going to be coming faster. Worlds take an entire team months to make )that's why magnolia promenade was just a single neighborhood, because of newcrest).

I don't think people understand what goes behind a sims 4 world. It's not just click and drag and you're done like previous games. Worlds are massive (and small) bits of 3d and 2d facades that are pieced together like a puzzle. Unless you are familiar with game mechanics/code, game design, and modeling. You shouldn't even consider making or editing Sims 4 worlds.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,463 Member
    Like the title says. :sunglasses:

Agree? Disagree? Click the button Say why.

Agreed with more 64x64 and 50x50 lots and some small ones as well.
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Worlds aren't going to be coming faster. Worlds take an entire team months to make )that's why magnolia promenade was just a single neighborhood, because of newcrest).

I don't think people understand what goes behind a sims 4 world. It's not just click and drag and you're done like previous games. Worlds are massive (and small) bits of 3d and 2d facades that are pieced together like a puzzle. Unless you are familiar with game mechanics/code, game design, and modeling. You shouldn't even consider making or editing Sims 4 worlds.

EA needs to hire a team just for worlds.
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    You know what? We do. As long as this one resembles Windenburg. It's so pretty I personally wouldn't even mind.

I doubt they'd give us an empty world that looks like WB cause that world came with an expansion. Some people bought GT just for WB alone.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes, I need a empty FARM World .....give me stuff for it, and I will fill it up!
    live-in-the-country.jpg

Edit: fixed it to where the words highlighted in YELLOW is no longer yellow, LOL
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't need another neighbourhood, I want more space in the ones I have. I want to access the back drop houses. Bring them into the world as usable please, and I would be very happy.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'd always welcome another world for building space, whether it's empty or not. Empty is probably more likely to happen in a free patch though. But if they're going to clone available assets for it, I'd like another desert world. We have enough Willow Creek looking worlds already.

More than anything though, I just want to be able to make and edit my worlds myself. If I could add lots to the already existing worlds, I'd be a happy camper. Some of them have so much wasted space.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No, I don't want more empty worlds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Not true. Magnolia promenade is a single neighborhood because they prioritized creating largely unusable neighborhoods for all of the careers. We got Newcrest months after GTW was already available, and NC is literally a copy/paste job of willow creek with terribly placed lots.

And what are you even talking about with the size? They are not massive, they're extremely small. Even Windeburg is smaller than a world in Sims 3. The creation process is more or less the same as it would be in 3, but roads and sidewalks are now hard coded objects into the worlds. It's definitely not rocket science to create a new world, these people can absolutely get a new one out every 6mo if they wanted to.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The 'worlds' are so tiny, I feel like they're a single lot! With no way of editing them unlike in TS2&3, space is a major issue. I'm not deleting the Goth family to make way for any new community/residential lots.
    Even if they gave us a 'new world' just like they did with Newcrest we'd still run out of space in mere seconds after placing lots and households. With The Sims 2 and 3 we could create whole new neighborhoods, place lots, edit them to our liking. But not anymore.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Ugh yes. Empty or not, more space is needed always.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I would like to see another WB that has an open area playground for the kids that live in the neighborhood.
  • Options
    I'd like an empty world like Sunset Valley.