Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SjappielovePaul, thanks you all!

Comments

• Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Thanks @StephSteb :) it's the first time I made a basement garage! I decided to make something special out of it and so it's also the first time I made a house with such shapes!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    you're welcome :)

that's an awesome looking house!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    [quote="I will sure do! I think I'm going to try and collect some items from the Palace of Versailles set, I don't have that one yet, but it looks great :)

Yes it is a beautiful set <3 But according to my research, if you wait and get Palace of Versailles when it appears on the DD on November 24 you will only need enough items whose point values add up to 465 pts to get it free since it is on sale for 65% off. If you try for the current Sale discount of 27% off you will have to own almost double the value (totaling 980 Sim Points) to get it free. Probably worth waiting a few weeks if you can... :)

Your new build looks great - very BahHaus-ey :smiley:

I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    [quote="I will sure do! I think I'm going to try and collect some items from the Palace of Versailles set, I don't have that one yet, but it looks great :)

Yes it is a beautiful set <3 But according to my research, if you wait and get Palace of Versailles when it appears on the DD on November 24 you will only need enough items whose point values add up to 465 pts to get it free since it is on sale for 65% off. If you try for the current Sale discount of 27% off you will have to own almost double the value (totaling 980 Sim Points) to get it free. Probably worth waiting a few weeks if you can... :)

Your new build looks great - very BahHaus-ey :smiley:

Thank you :) I'm afraid I can't get that daily deal because I will be out of the country that week. We'll go to Belgium with school and using my internet would be so expensive I'd cry over the bills :') but I could possibly wait for another three months, I'll think about it!

Also thanks to you and @maria_loves_alex for your compliments on the house! It's the first time I do such a build and I'm quite surprised by how good it looks ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome - Thank you very much for the Capacitor Cabinet, the Capacitor Cabinet Island, the Capacitor Counter, the Capacitor Island, the Shaggy Look for Toddlers and the Fridge of Daring! I love these items, all of them! They wouldn't really fit together I'm afraid haha, that fridge is completely different form the futuristic kitchen items ;) also that shaggy look for toddlers is cute! I love toddler items, it's the same as in real life, whenever I see baby socks or shoes I just want to have it eventhough I don't have kids (I'm only 20 years young..) I don't buy them but they just make me go 'awwww!!' all the way ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Oh that's too bad, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to use your internet in a different country, the roaming charges are ridiculous :s We went to Jamaica last winter and thankfully the hotel had free Wi-Fi - I was so worried that my family vacation would interfere with my DD stalking but it all worked out :smiley:

• Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Oh that's too bad, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to use your internet in a different country, the roaming charges are ridiculous :s We went to Jamaica last winter and thankfully the hotel had free Wi-Fi - I was so worried that my family vacation would interfere with my DD stalking but it all worked out :smiley:

Hehe, that's how bad it gets huh! Tomorrow is my man his birthday, but in the morning I have a daily deal to catch, so we have to stay at home untill I get my deals :D there's plans for some providers around here to get the costs in Europe the same as at home, I really hope that will happen! After all, I'm with vodafone and I know they also provide in other countries! But that will probably only happen after I own the store or the store is offline because that will probably still take over two years or so...

When I was in the US it was still a time of texting (about 6 years ago) when I was at home a text would cost 9 cents, in another European country it was 21 and in the US I paid 54 cents for a single text! I'll never forget :D
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Ouch! 54 cents a text. That's crazy. :s We use "What's App?" when we're travelling to communicate but you have to have Wifi to get your messages. Not as convenient as usual but better than nothing and it's free. My husband is in Florida right now but the place he is staying at has Wi-Fi so the kids and I can text him and send him photos, messages etc... for free from Canada where we live.

The fact that your boyfriend understands and is willing to wait for you to get your deals, on his birthday, means he is a "keeper" (worth keeping as a boyfriend) Enjoy the day together <3

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome - Thank you very much for the Capacitor Cabinet, the Capacitor Cabinet Island, the Capacitor Counter, the Capacitor Island, the Shaggy Look for Toddlers and the Fridge of Daring! I love these items, all of them! They wouldn't really fit together I'm afraid haha, that fridge is completely different form the futuristic kitchen items ;) also that shaggy look for toddlers is cute! I love toddler items, it's the same as in real life, whenever I see baby socks or shoes I just want to have it eventhough I don't have kids (I'm only 20 years young..) I don't buy them but they just make me go 'awwww!!' all the way ;)

You're welcome! I originally was just trying to knock out the Futureshock stuff, then I was looking for an item to even up my points but I saw toddler hair and toddler stuff is just adorable. They definitely wouldn't go together, though it'd be interesting to see. I just couldn't resist the toddler hair! I love toddlers, but it's so much better when you can just pass them back because they aren't yours. I loved doing that with my little cousins. Especially when their mom or dad came right on time for the diaper change! :mrgreen:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options

You're welcome! I originally was just trying to knock out the Futureshock stuff, then I was looking for an item to even up my points but I saw toddler hair and toddler stuff is just adorable. They definitely wouldn't go together, though it'd be interesting to see. I just couldn't resist the toddler hair! I love toddlers, but it's so much better when you can just pass them back because they aren't yours. I loved doing that with my little cousins. Especially when their mom or dad came right on time for the diaper change! :mrgreen:

Oh that is smooth! That is the best moment possibly of babysitting, realizing the parents will take the diaper change! But other than that those kids are usually so sweet :) but I so agree with you, I'm glad I can hand them back at their parents again ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @SjappielovePaul ,Hello my friend :) , Did you get the last two gifts that I sent you. I'm just asking because I've gifted a few others and haven't heard back from anyone. Not that I need a thank you for every little thing that I give, but I'd like to know that my gifts are reaching the people that I'm gifting.
  • Options
    @cristill13 - Thank you very much for the Renaissance Bookshelf! Am I glad to see you back! I said hi to everyone for you as you asked in the gifting directory :) also I got one gift, so I'm not sure if you mean another gift, if so it should be posted here :) I do think you need thanks for every single little thing you give, because you deserve it! Also I'm sorry for not seeing it earlier, I've been in game all evening trying to finish my farm which makes me very happy because I think it looks great ;) and your gift looks great, I'm sure it will be used a lot! I love bookshelfs!

@LilaLatzhose - Thank you very much for the Atomic Comfort Control Sofa! This thing looks like grease lightning. You might say 'how...' now, let me explain! When I saw it my first thought was on the song grease lightning; it's systematic, it's hydromatic, it's grease lightning! I'm not completely sure about those lyrics, sorry for die hard fans that feel offended if it is wrong. But that's why I like this item, because eventhough it's nothing like the Grease era it still reminds me of the movie, and I like the movie, no I don't like it, I love it! I love most classics though ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    edited November 2015
    @SjappielovePaul , Thanks for getting back to me. Teanias just posted her thanks so the gifts are going through. The last gift I sent you was on Oct. 30th. I'm sure that you thanked me for the ruffled dress. I sometimes miss things, but I know for sure that not everyone gives their thanks. I do like to regift those who seems to be thankful for what they get. Happy to hear that you're enjoying the game. Your farm sounds great. I just created two ladies. One is a genie and the other is a fairy. I was also in game earlier and picked up a couple of badges. Happy simming my friend :smiley: And you're welcome by the way.
  • Options
    @charlotteprice - Thank you very much for the He's a Live Wire Radio! This piece looks so nice! It reminds me of an old radio my dad has on the attic. It would've fitted great into my farm build now that I think about it! I might still add it for the sims that live there, at the moment they don't have a TV or radio, only a computer ;) but who needs TV on a lovely farm? A radio on the other hand is great fun, especially this one since they can take it with them, so if the weather is nice they can go picknick in the garden with some lovely music. Also thanks for your congratulations! We haven't done much today since we'll be celebrating all weekend we were like, let's just sit down, do nothing but a little gaming, we even went to the MacD's for food haha!

@NESChic - Thank you very much for the Transport to the Future! That scooter looks cute indeed, the teens should all have that scooter! I like that moustache thing on the car, haha! It's a funny cute set, it is! I'm really curious as to what they will look like in game so I'll be on my way in game now ;) thanks again for gifting me, it's lovely!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    NESChicNESChic Posts: 431 Member
    enjoy happy simming!
  • Options
    @LilaLatzhose - Thank you very much for la Dauphine's Sofa, the King of France, the Geo Pumps, the Swingin' Sundress and the T-Line Dress! You are so generous! I love your gifts :) I finished the Palace of Versailles set and also thanks to you the CYS on Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set is going down already!

@kforti - Thank you very much for the Latest Fashion Frock! That dress is awesome! I was looking in the gifting directory and found out you were gifting a lot of people, thanks for your generousity and kindness that you add to this forum

@ZeeGee - Thank you very much for the Leasure Reaction Chair, the Dining Reaction Chair, the Marie Antoinette, the Antiquated Correspondence Desk, the a Little Bit Fishy, the Retro Model T Dining Chair, the UtiliJacket and the Don't Flip Your Wig Hairstyle! It's great to see your gifts, I love them :) when I woke up and saw your gifts I was glad to finish the Palace of Versailles set! And they set off CYS on Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set! It was great

@charlotteprice - Thank you very much for the Jali Single Door, the Ab-so-lute-ly Stunning Door and the Amity's Exit Door! I was laughing so hard on the joke with the doors :D thank you very much for both the gifts and the great laughs! I'm sure I will use these doors with great fun in my game! They look very nice :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    @Reachsims - Thank you very much for the Wandering Dreams Double Bed, the Gretel's Revenge Stove, the Reflection of the Soul Mirror, the Fortune's Fait Wall Sign, the Hitting on All Sixes Chair and the Bouffant Bun! Hug overload incoming! I did indeed get the daily deal, so I'm very happy! It also finished of the fortune's folly comp! Also that chair looks magnificent, I think I will love that jazz set in my game! It will probably look great in Roaring Heights! Which is a very good reason to go and play in Roaring Heights again ;) and offcourse that Bouffant Bun... I really think I should've been born way earlier, I love those styles that the 20th century gave us! I love the 20th century for the bigger part anyway!

@becomingjenn - Thank you very much for the Beehive Ponytail! That haircut looks so cute! I wish I had enough hair to put it like that :) I really can't wait to put it on one of my sims. Also thank you very much for downloading my venue and having so much fun with it! It's great to get feedback like that! I really am so very pleased to read that you like it :smiley:
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Awww... SJ, you're most welcome. I had family in town for a week, as you know, and I have not had a free moment to myself to spend a wee bit of time on gifting until this weekend. So, I am *trying* to catch up. ;)

I am sorry your man's birthday did not bring some of his friends around to join in the festivities, but I am pleased that your friends and cousin were not too busy to show up and be counted as friends and family. I'm glad you had a great time, nonetheless! :3
  • Options
    Yes, I had a couple of moments that I was like huh where is @Reachsims and then I was like, dude... nothing bad, she should be having fun! (I'm not sure why, but in the Netherlands dude is acceptable for both boys and girls, so that explains why I dude myself :p )

With Mia still being away I'm a little suspicious when I don't spot people as regularly as usual. I might have some bits of OCD mixed up in my PDD ;) but I simply hate to hear when people can't be here for reasons that aren't fun.

I'm yabbering again I believe :') I'm trying to distract myself as much as possible since I'll have a small surgery tomorrow... I don't mind the surgery itself at all, but the anestetics will be injected in my big toe, and I've had this surgery 5 times before, so I know it hurts and I'm slightly panicking :#
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Some of my family uses "dude" for male and female and I have certainly used it with my sisters and my son and daughter.

I was having lots of fun so not to worry! The husband got the range hood installed - YES!!! It's one that properly exhausts through the attic and out the roof. I have been wanting that since we bought this house and I waited too long for it to get done. My other dream came true when we had our plumber extend the natural gas line from our water heater to my kitchen. I can finally get myself a gas stove again! I am so excited! Lastly, because we like our plumber so much, we had him replace our water heater so I don't have to worry about the place flooding from an old water heater that's past its prime. I've been through three different episodes where my house was flooded and just once was more than enough.

I'm sure that the surgery will go well tomorrow, but I am also so sorry to learn you have to suffer through this so many times! :'( Think good, warm, fuzzy and comforting thoughts and try not to think about tomorrow too much. But tomorrow will come and you will soar through the procedure with flying colors! You can do it! <3
  • Options
    Oh I'm glad to read so much good news! It's great you got so much done :) I can imagine it's quite inconvenient to have your house flooded. We suffer from molds in the bedroom, no flooding, but surely too moist. Not so good for my asthma, but my man and I are actively looking for a new place :) that would be the very best solution for us!

Also having gas in the kitchen, I can see why you're happy with that! I hope you have a lot of fun with all these great things you finally got :) I feel so spoiled for gas is such a normal thing to have ;)

Thanks for your support, I'm having the worst time falling asleep, everytime I try to my mind wanders of to that one moment that has me panicking. Luckily they'll help me in the morning! Let's just get it done and over with!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    @LilaLatzhose - Thank you very much for the Foxy Lady Zip-Up Jumper and the Mini-'Fro, Daddy-O! I appreciate it so much that you put so much work into farming those points and decide to gift me with them! You did help me finish the set and I got it now, I'm so happy! I love that 50's style! Making my day so many times, you ;)

@skyeseeker - Thank you very much for the Tot's Apron! O! M! G! This is tooo cute, I love toddler stuff <3 I mean look at that apron, it reminds me of myself, from the times I still liked to help mommy with the dishes :) I once made razors from lego bricks, that was quite funny, I wanted to shave just like my daddy and stepdaddy, there should still be pictures from that ;)

@StephSteb - Thank you very much for the Jackie Open-Back Dress! It almost felt like a complot to wake up to gifts from the two people who rule the 'gift the person above you thread' haha! It was a great moment to see some gifts coming in, because this morning was quite busy in the neighbourhood. I almost gave in to the stressed feeling but than I saw your gifts and it made me happier in an instant :) also it's a beautiful dress that was the last nudge to make me get the Mid Century Kitchen and Style set!

@Franny - Thank you very much for the Banarasi End Table! As said above to @StephSteb I almost suspected a complot or something and it was the perfect moment to see your gift! I love this item, I love some worldstyle items in my game. It's traveling from my very own couch! I'd love to try and build a nice Indian home, I'll go and research the style a bit :)

@simgeek79 - Thank you very much for the Witchin' Spring Ride! Also thanks for the message with your gift! As long as I have this great community to fall back to I'll know where to find a smile on sad days! It was a tough day, but I feel better yet already with this generous and supporting community! Also, that gift is sooo cute! I love these kind of outside toys, always did ;)

@Kaela_87 - Thank you very much for the Braided Band! That style is lovely, it looks so relaxed, like someone is on her way to a beach party with some guys playing their guitares and a campfire. It reminds me of summer and beautiful islands! Ohh it reminds me of Spain! I love it :) thanks for delivering a smile!

@charlotteprice - Thank you very much for the Headband Hip and the Candy Do! These are some awesome haircuts! I love that Boho Vintage set :) as I said above, it's such a relaxed style! It just reminds of summer times and vacation and traveling and discovering beautiful places!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are welcome for the Hair (today) and the Doors (from yesterday or the day before, LOL)

*hugs*

• Options
    @charlotteprice LOL! I still laugh about those doors ;) that was a genius joke! And I seriously love the gifts!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    @despina53 - Thank you very much for the Everyday Casual Chic set! THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR SPONSORING! I'm so happy with this set, these clothes look gorgeous! I can't wait to do the remodeling of all those Moonlight Fall sims! They will all look so fashionable instead of the usual Townie look :') also thanks to you @rionismyname for hosting such a fun contest, it was great!
    pkJ66Kv.png