Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Ugh. All the OBS struggles right now... Just recorded a full episode and all I got was my voice and a black screen. Had to quit without saving... I knew OBS was doing this for the "game capture" setting but I had it set to "window capture" for this which was working fine yesterday. So in other words, no new part out yet today, if I have time I'll do it later :/
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I've just started this challenge and I'm really enjoying it so far - thanks @Cloudseeker! But has anyone found any good clothing cc that would do as prehistoric? At the moment, my two Prehistoric Sims are feeling a bit foolish sporting the bath towels from the Spa Day pack :o:D
  • Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @ewright9 Aw, that's too bad. Weird that it should suddenly decide to stop working. I have no experience with OBS myself, but some quick googling suggested that there is apparently something with laptops that have two graphics cards, one "main" graphics card from Nvidia or AMD, and one basic, integrated card, and apparently it can happen that the game runs on one card, and OBS on the other, and then OBS can't capture the game footage. Don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to be able to get it working again :)

@loubyloulou I'm glad that you like my challenge! Sadly, I haven't been able to find any good prehistoric CC myself (not for a lack of looking), so for now we'll just have to make do with what we have :) I personally like the thick leathery-looking bra and that one skirt with a tribal-ish pattern for the females, and just some regular old shorts for the males.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @ewright9 OBS is slightly moody with Sims.. You have to reapply the game when you launch it the next time or all you get is a black screen. I understand the struggle and I HOPE that helps.
  • Options
    CallumbowyerCallumbowyer Posts: 4 New Member
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have the industrila era before the industrial as cowboys were the 1880s to about the 1910s and industrial was from abou 1750 to 1900.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have the industrila era before the industrial as cowboys were the 1880s to about the 1910s and industrial was from abou 1750 to 1900.
    Actually, I based the Old West Era of this challenge on the American Frontier / Colonial time period (which started all the way back in the 1600s) rather than on the "cowboy period", and my point of reference for the Industrial Age Era was the latter parts of the Industrial Revolution, when machines had really become big and mainstream. Having the Eras in this order results in a nicer progression of objects and careers for the challenge, and it still works chronologically.

Thank you for the input though, it is always good to question!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Shay_SquaredShay_Squared Posts: 6 New Member
    Okay, I finally got around to playing this (after restarting some more-than-enough times). I shall be posting my blog and pics of my founding family shortly. Stay tuned! :D
  • Options
    @Shay_Squared Wonderful! I shall look forward to that :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Hey guys! Just so you know, the plan for my channel is this:
    Mondays: Alice: Madness Returns
    Tuesdays: Children of the Cowplant (see this challenge here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861514/the-sims-4-children-of-the-cowplant-challenge#latest)
    Wednesdays: Random video (Sims 4 build, CAS video, minecraft, etc.)
    Thursdays: History Challenge

The Children of the Cowplant challenge is a challenge I made and released yesterday, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys would check it out! :)
  • Options
    @ewright9 Awesome :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    budgie2budgiebudgie2budgie Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I just wanted to thank you for an awesome challenge! I've just started it (and the struggle is real, fooood) and I'm having so much fun! My family of three (The Stones) already have a serious triangle drama going on! ;) budgie2budgie/tumblr
  • Options
    @budgie2budgie I am very glad to hear that you like it! Best of luck to the Stones family! :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2015
    @budgie2budgie I am very glad to hear that you like it! Best of luck to the Stones family! :)

This is just my opinion (and the simmer is obsessed with history, Cathytea on the Writer's Lounge even calls me " Ms.Magna Carter" as a nickname). I think that the Old West and the Industrial age should be in the other order since Old West happened in the late 1800s while the Industrial age happened prior to it. (I just started to play the challenge)

crowhistorylegacy.blogspot.ca/2015/11/crow-legacy-history-changelle.html
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    MadameLee wrote: »
    This is just my opinion (and the simmer is obsessed with history, Cathytea on the Writer's Lounge even calls me " Ms.Magna Carter" as a nickname). I think that the Old West and the Industrial age should be in the other order since Old West happened in the late 1800s while the Industrial age happened prior to it. (I just started to play the challenge)
    You're not the first to comment on this, and it's a fair point, but the Old West Era of this challenge is actually based on the Colonial time period rather than the Old West that we usually see in the movies. I just named the Era "The Old West" mostly because it's more recognizable by people, even though it may be slightly misleading. Putting the Old West before the Industrial Revolution resulted in a nicer progression of careers and objects for the challenge, so that's why they are in that order.

I do appreciate your input though!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Maybe you could change the name to the Colonial era or something :)
  • Options
    @ewright9 I guess I could, but that would require me to redraw the header thingy for that Era, and I am much too lazy to do that at the moment :p

Not saying it's impossible that it might happen in the future though :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Lol yeah, I know how you feel. The laziness is overwhelming
  • Options
    SoulstarsimSoulstarsim Posts: 44 Member
    :) I'm starting this challenge today, you guys are Awesome!

Check out my Households and Lots on the Gallery!
    I used the hashtag #historychallenge and my Origin ID is SoulStarMecca

I’ll be posting my pictures & story on tumblr (@SoulStarSimmer) and on my blog

Simming through history with my Ancestors!….
  • Options
    @Soulstarsim Enjoy the challenge! I'm posting new episodes of my LP for this challenge every Thursday, if you're interested :)

@Cloudseeker I was watching Deligracy's preview video of Get Together and you can make natural pools with the new content and features, so you can expect a new watering hole from me after the expansion releases!
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I'm such a questiony person, but when are fireplaces first allowed? I am assuming that it's fine from early civilization onwards?
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    @Soulstarsim Awesome :) I hope you enjoy the challenge! If you want me to link to your blog/tumblr in the main post, just give me the link :)

@ewright9 Ah, I knew I had seen something about natural pools somewhere, I shall be looking forward to seeing what you manage to create :)

@UniSims For fireplaces (and any other objects that are neither explicitly allowed nor explicitly disallowed anywhere in the rules), it is up to you to decide when you feel it is appropriate to use them :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member

@UniSims For fireplaces (and any other objects that are neither explicitly allowed nor explicitly disallowed anywhere in the rules), it is up to you to decide when you feel it is appropriate to use them :)

Awesome! Thanks! :)
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @ewright9 I am so sorry it took me that long to get to your comment on youtube.. I have started watching yours and everything on youtube seems good!! :)

@Cloudseeker My hiatus is officially over I promise..

I am finally back and posting regularly.. Got settled in thankfully.
  • Options
    SoulstarsimSoulstarsim Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2015
    [quote="Cloudseeker;14341816"]
    @Soulstarsim Awesome :) I hope you enjoy the challenge! If you want me to link to your blog/tumblr in the main post, just give me the link :)
    [/quote]

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun!

So far I've played up to the end of the 4th Sim week in my Prehistoric Generation.
    My founder, Sirius Starr, has a boy and a girl with Lotus Rivers, and just had TWINS (another boy and girl) with Copper Jewel before my last save!
    Lol
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @Cloudseeker
    Hi guys! Just wanna let you know I've created a new watering hole for the prehistoric era! I used only content from the base game and Outdoor Retreat, so you should have no issues downloading it for your challenge! Make sure to use "bb.moveobjects on" before placing it :) I'll still leave the older one up since it is smaller and you can have some options! I'm still planning to make a natural pool for this challenge once Get Together comes out, so if you're getting the expansion pack you can use that as well.

Edit: Also, this lot is a gym venue with all the gym requirements not allowed in the prehistoric era sitting in a basement room. This way, other Sims will join your Sims here when they visit! If you don't want this to happen, just delete the basement room.

I also did a speed build for it, which you can find here:
    https://youtu.be/_juyZW5NozU

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top