Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    This challenge is my all time favourite even though I've just started! It is very interesting and the Prehistoric Era really challenges you. If anybody would like to see my starting sims, just search my EA Account ID in the gallery (AlannahGreen) on the sims 4.

I am definitely going to be completing this challenge! Great work @Cloudseeker
  • Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @AlannahGreen Thank you, it makes me so happy to hear that my work is appreciated :) Best of luck to you!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Oh I almost forgot @Cloudseeker, I reckon that it would be a good idea to add in photos of however many sims wearing example clothing appropriate for that era so people can get an idea.
  • Options
    @AlannahGreen There are a lot of great Sims that people could draw inspiration from on the Gallery, under the #HistoryChallenge tag, so I'm not sure if it's really necessary for me to add pictures here, but I'll add it to my list of possible things to do in the future :) Thank you for the suggestion!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    Hi, this is great challenge and I'm having loads of fun playing it, I might write a story on it. I have a question about heirs. Do they have to be the eldest child or can it be one of the younger ones? I'm on the prehestoric era and I don't really want my eldest child sim to become the heir to the first generation so I was wondering if I could make one of the younger ones the heir. After this generation I'll probably stick to the eldest child as it would make sense to do so but for the prehistoric era when they aren't really inheriting much, does it matter which child is the heir? Thank you :)
  • Options
    Sorry for posting so much but I have a question. Why is it that our sims cannot move lots?
  • Options
    I have a question about heirs. Do they have to be the eldest child or can it be one of the younger ones?
    The heir is not predetermined. Whoever is the first one to bring in the next generation becomes the heir, simple as that :)
    Why is it that our sims cannot move lots?
    That is simply to create an even and fair playing field for everyone. If you were to move onto a smaller lot, you would suddenly have a little bit more money, and your bills would also be lower than that of other people.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Thank you :)
  • Options
    Shay_SquaredShay_Squared Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, quick question; is it just me or does it seem like your sims can't get clean with the pool anymore? Their hygeine doesn't seem to raise up and leaves alot of sims embarrassed. Kay, thanks :)
  • Options
    Hello, quick question; is it just me or does it seem like your sims can't get clean with the pool anymore? Their hygeine doesn't seem to raise up and leaves alot of sims embarrassed. Kay, thanks :)
    This is a rather confusing matter, in fact. The pool seems to get Sims clean for some people, but not for others, and there seems to be no clear reason as to why. I know that @ewright9 doesn't have any problems with pool hygiene, and it works fine for me as well, but I've seen people all over the internet, some claiming that it doesn't work for them, and some claiming that it does.

If your pool simply refuses to increase your Sims' hygiene, you may give them a sink, but it can be used for hygiene purposes only. I'll add a note about this in the rules the next time I do an update.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Cloudseeker You'll probably see in my new episode of my LP for this challenge, but my Sims also aren't getting hygiene from swimming. I gave them a sink :( Hopefully this is a bug that will be fixed in the next patch!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    xdarkoxxdarkox Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2015
    I just started the history challenge.... My towns are empty and im ready to go.. I am going to pick the Island 64x64 lot for my home base and i have a few questions... As my sims slowly earn money from gardening/etc... am i allowed to decorate the lot with more trees and shrubs and things they make on the wood working bench or find via harvesting. And second... When do i start adding other sims to the game for my male sim to reproduce with? And lastly.... are we able to use the bush from get together for the toilet instead of downloading the one suggested , and can we use the new bonfire from get together in the prehistoric era?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @xdarkox you can use your money for whatever you want, as long as it is allowed in the prehistoric era. You just can't sell the plants and things you originally place on the lot, because they were bought with money other than your starting money and would then be sold for profit. Decorating your lot with things you make, catch, and grow is absolutely encouraged!

You can move in Sims right away, or anytime later in the prehistoric era for reproducing. There are lots of households in the gallery under #historychallenge if you don't want to make them yourself! You also don't even need to make households, the game will create new Sims on its own constantly, and even if none of them live anywhere they will still walk by and can be interacted with.

Edit: Also, you can make a pool lot or grab one from the gallery for your Sims to use in this era, as it says in the OP. However, people are having issues with the pool not providing hygiene so I would save a little money for a sink just in case the pool doesn't work for you.
  • Options
    xdarkoxxdarkox Posts: 2 New Member
    thanks =)
  • Options
    @xdarkox @ewright9 did a wonderful job answering your questions, she's got a good grasp of the challenge rules :)
    As for the Get Together stuff, I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on it myself (I'm a bit short on the old money at the moment) and make a rules update for all of the things it adds. Until then, just go with your insincts and common sense. If something makes sense for the Era, use it. If something doesn't make sense for the Era, don't use it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    NinaTheGamerNinaTheGamer Posts: 2 New Member
    I was just wondering, is anything going to change now that get together has been released? When will clubs and dancing be allowed? Also the modded toilet for the prehistoric era is no longer necessary....the expansion included two different Bush toilets for some reason.
  • Options
    @NinaTheGamer I will make a rules update for Get Together when I am able to afford it, but preliminarily I'd say that dancing will probably be allowed right from the beginning, and likely clubs as well (using some common sense in regards to club activities and stuff).
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    NinaTheGamerNinaTheGamer Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Cloudseeker;14383609"]@NinaTheGamer I will make a rules update for Get Together when I am able to afford it, but preliminarily I'd say that dancing will probably be allowed right from the beginning, and likely clubs as well (using some common sense in regards to club activities and stuff).[/quote]

Thank you, my family is in the early civilization era right now and I've got my male Sims in their own fishing club and the females in their own gardening/crafting club
  • Options
    I'm slightly confused, does the 0th generation still gain points for the prehistoric era or not?
  • Options
    @Cookingpup99 Yes, both your Ancestors (the 0th generation) and their children (the 1st generation) are technically part of the 1st generation, so they are eligible to earn points for the Prehistoric Era.

In fact, anyone who's currently living in your household and that is directly connected to either your Ancestors or their children can earn points for the current Era.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Thank you :) I'm really enjoying this challenge, my ancestors have had 4 sons and are expecting another baby which will probably be their last, hopefully it'll be a girl this time though LoL.
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker I have get together and can do some research/testing of things if you would like. And yes, it does include two bushes that your Sims can pee in, woohoo in, and I believe they can sleep in it as well. If they could do all of these things, and still get hygiene from pools (fingers crossed that EA fixes that), then the realism would go way up in the prehistoric era and even early civilization when they still wouldn't really have bathrooms.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    keep your fingers crossed that EA fixes that! I used to get hygiene boost from pools in my game, but sadly it no longer works that way in my games :( I hope some one has reported it to EA by now.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has already started a thread for it but I just posted a new thread in the bugs section about the pools not giving hygiene.
  • Options
    Susie101Susie101 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ewright9 said:
    > I'm not sure if anyone has already started a thread for it but I just posted a new thread in the bugs section about the pools not giving hygiene.

It's very frustrating. I just returned the Sims today after several months of inactivity and started a History Challenge, too...I didn't think low Hygiene would be a problem, but Sims will literally STOP whatever they are doing (even sleeping to wake up) and complain about the terrible smell. Is the pool the only way for prehistoric Sims to solve their hygiene problems?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top