Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2015
    @ewright9 I might be able to fit it a couple of "historical notes", but keeping the text relatively short and the challenge relatively simple is my priority :) Still, I very much appreciate all your input :)
    EDIT: Did not expect the forums to censor the word for plucking a violin :p
    Fayeli wrote: »
    I noticed that the stoves moved up but fridges were not. From what I remember, you cannot cook on a stove without a fridge. Or is there something I'm not thinking of? (Which I am prone to.)
    Oh, no that's a minor derp on my part. The fridges go wherever the stove goes. I'll fix that right away. Thank you :)
    Post edited by Cloudseeker on
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Cloudseeker Yep, I totally understand keeping it all short and easy to understand :) I just wanted to give you all the information I could so that you could pick and choose what to keep.

And yeah, I don't even know what there is to censor for p i z z i c a t o... lol :D
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    FayeliFayeli Posts: 54 Member
    @Cloudseeker No problem at all. I was kind of hoping there was a magical way to use it! hehe
  • Options
    09-30-15_10-47-38nbspPM.png

This is an updated photo! I've moved on to Early Civ and went with a Viking motif. Man Boulder and Woman Wolfe (My founders) are both elders now - I am looking at losing them soon and it's really hard to play, because I don't want them to leave me!

Gronk (The one sitting at the head chair) has married Star - and had a son, Ivar and two daughters: Freya and Gretchen. None of them have gotten Man's red hair and I am hoping it appears later in the family line. : D
  • Options
    @Fayeli Nice! As a swede, I must say that I find your theme intriguing, and your depiction of it seems to be rather accurate as well :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    I love, love the culture. I wish I could have found a fire pit for the middle that worked (The outdoor one kept burning things down.) I know it isn't perfect (In fact, I don't think I based it on a 'home' design) But, PSFT - whatever, I like it. Haha.

09-12-15_5-32nbspAM.png
  • Options
    @Fayeli That looks like a longhouse to me, which was a multi-family home and a barn simultaneously, if I remember correctly :) How odd that the firepit should burn things down, did you make plenty of space around it? I believe the actual longhouses had enough space around their firepit even to dance around it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I had a stool that sat around it. It was what burned down - repeatedly. (Man is the Handy/Garden/Fishing dude, so he just kept making more.) After two of the spares were lit on fire, I would rather not risk it. My sims are apparently fools. I ended up putting a false one in with little deco bits around it. If it wasn't for that, they could walk completely around it.

The layout has four bedrooms and two bathing spaces. If you call the kids animals, then it also doubles as the barn! Hah. I figure since it is the founding household, they should have the largest home. Even though the bedrooms are very small - which I think is historically accurate, since all the 'living' took place around the fire. His other 6 kids and the rest of his grandkids have much smaller one/two room homes.

This challenge really has brought me back to the Sims - it is loads of fun. ♥
  • Options
    Fayeli wrote: »
    This challenge really has brought me back to the Sims - it is loads of fun. ♥
    It makes me so happy to hear that :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    UPDATE: I have done an update to the challenge rules, mainly adding rules for the newer Game/Stuff packs. The rule changes are:
    • Yoga Mats are now allowed for all Eras
    • Incense Holders and Saunas are now allowed as early as Early Civilization
    • Pumpkin Carving Stations are now allowed as early as the Middle Ages
    • Massage Tables are now allowed as early as the Old West
    • Fountains of Mirth are now allowed as early as the Industrial Age
    • Aquariums, Hot Tubs, Ice Cream Machines and Meditation Stools are now allowed as early as the Roaring Twenties
    • Sinks are now not allowed until Early Civilization
      I added a note about adding a public pool in the Getting Started section
    • Violins are now allowed as early as Early Civilization
    • Guitars are now not allowed until the Old West
    • Spa venues are now allowed as early as the Roaring Twenties
    • Licensing written songs is now not allowed until the Middle Ages
    • The goal for selling fish/collectibles/etc during the Prehistoric Times has been lowered back to 50 000 simoleons

The scoresheet has been updated accordingly.
    Post edited by Cloudseeker on
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Edited - Never mind, figured it out!
  • Options
    To those of you who are watching my LP of this challenge, I'm planning to record today but my game keeps minimizing itself to the desktop and that's screwing up my recordings. If anyone has any idea how to fix this issue, help is much appreciated! Otherwise, I might not get a new video up today :(
  • Options
    @ewright9 Huh, that's weird. You tried the basic stuff like restarting Origin and/or your computer, right?
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Yeah, I tried all those things. It's not just Sims that does this, it's all games. I got League of Legends to stop doing it by putting it in a frameless window format, so I'll try that with Sims too.
  • Options
    @ewright9 Ah, then it's some other program running on your computer that wants attention. Usually, that's antivirus programs that want to give you some sort of notification, so they tell Windows to put them in focus. I believe AVG likes to do this. Of course, it could also be Windows Update, or any other program that displays notifications. But indeed, putting it in frameless windowed should circumvent the problem, hopefully your recording program can still record if it's in frameless windowed :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Hey so I think the issue I was having with the hyper speed not activating was some glitch for when Sims sleep in tents, maybe just the cheap tent. Anyway, I installed this mod to fix that issue and if other people are having that problem they can find it easily :)
    http://modthesims.info/d/533752
  • Options
    valhallarievalhallarie Posts: 20 Member
    Thankyou!
  • Options
    @ewright9 Awesome, I'll add that to the list of recommended mods :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @Cloudseeker

Things have finally seemed to have settled down in my life. I have managed to record some builds that will be going up soon and some episodes that will start off the new era in my game.. ^_^ I'm looking forward to being back.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 That is very nice to hear. I look forward to seeing these episodes :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker

I'll post them here when they are posted.. I am about to go record about 5 hours worth of Sims anyway ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Cloudseeker

Alright everyone!!

My series is backk :) Any videos can be found in this playlist
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I have a small question! An era begins when the child is born right? or is it when they age up into a kid/teen/young adult?
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    What about trash cans? I would think that all of them would be available (except for the fancy one that gives money) during all eras...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    UniSims wrote: »
    I have a small question! An era begins when the child is born right? or is it when they age up into a kid/teen/young adult?
    When the child is born, yes.
    What about trash cans? I would think that all of them would be available (except for the fancy one that gives money) during all eras...
    Yes, basic trash cans are allowed from the start.

Oh, and @Lydiaa88, that is absolutely wonderful, I have been missing your videos :)
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top