Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The future of the Sims 4 interview with Rachel Franklin!

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Here let me make it clearer from the neighborhood view:
    090108-neighborhood.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg

The limit in amount of Sims allowed is a lot higher in the Sims 2 as well and there wasn't performance issues. Those worlds were built much more stable.

Don't see it still. o:)

I'm hoping your kidding because if not you might want to invest in glasses in the near future.
    It's just our long time clown Colton. :smiley:

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited September 2015
    Toddlers are a carrot - they are leaving them dangling because it is going to keep all of us here - that's why there is an Off Topic section - it's to stop the people who don't play the game from wandering too far.

There's no straight answer on toddlers, because if they confirm it as a NO - then a ton of people are going to walk away.

It's one big carrot and there are a ton of people waiting to munch the carrot - but once that carrot is munched, what is left dangling - a piece of string?

8710114-Cute-young-toddler-girl-wearing-a-bunny-rabbit-costume-chewing-on-a-carrot-Stock-Photo.jpg
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    That is something that can change. If TS4 keeps heading in this direction and Paradox makes a life sim that will blow TS4 out of the water, then well bye-bye TS4. ;)

I have a feeling that Paradox will fail on their life simulation game... Something's telling me that they will.

Just like what happened with cities skylines
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Toddlers are a carrot - they are leaving them dangling because it is going to keep all of us here - that's why there is an Off Topic section - it's to stop the people who don't play the game from wandering too far.

There's no straight answer on toddlers, because if they confirm it as a NO - then a ton of people are going to walk away.

It's one big carrot and there are a ton of people waiting to munch the carrot - but once that carrot is munched, what is left dangling - a piece of string?

8710114-Cute-young-toddler-girl-wearing-a-bunny-rabbit-costume-chewing-on-a-carrot-Stock-Photo.jpg
    I think that interview cut that carrot and grinded it. There are no more toddler carrots to dangle. If that interview didn't already confirm the no, I don't know what else will.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    Well what I'm hoping for is cars,apartments,resturarents,a city world,and vacations and seasons with weather. I want toddlers too.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I don't see any problem with the answer about toddlers, she's obviously dodging the question. Read into it all you like.
    It's at least a little bit comforting that they want to give the most demanded feature a proper time in developement. It wouldn't surprise me if it'll take another year or two for them to arrive. (But please, no no no, i need them asap).
    At least I'm doing my fair share of family game play for them to analyse.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    RF: It’s been a contentious issue. But my feeling is that with the open world it’s harder to feel as connected with the town and your sims.
    :s:s:s

Marketing Spin--Like broken up, segmented, fractured, and off camera, is so much better.
    I feel more connected to a town that is open, accessible, and visible.

Ugh, and the telemetry comment...
    Did they collect that kind of information in TS3 too? Maybe that's why we got annoying features like a Celebrity status social virus, wonderful full moon game play ruined by zombie spawns, horses roaming city streets, and tons of other things that had simmers running off to find mods to stop it. Maybe simmers are doing certain things in the game as a reaction to something the game lacks. I loved the mood cycles. I turned it off because I hated zombie spawns. Just because I turn a feature off, or don't play a particular way, doesn't mean I don't like it. It usually means there is something about it that ruins the experience.

I don't play families at the moment and I have aging off because I want to save my current sims (which I adore) for the time when we get a Generations EP and hopefully toddlers and pre-teens. If a lot of other simmers are doing that then telemetry could come to the conclusion that a Generations EP isn't needed--The opposite of what I actually want. I am currently playing social Young Adults and telemetry would think I love only partying YAs. :p
    YES, THIS! The fact I disabled supernaturals in the game, the celebrity system AND the moon cycle is caused by just one thing: it's bugged. Because I love those features as such. But they are unplayable. If I could disable mermaids I would, because they spawn the streets of my town and I want them to be rare and in the water. But I love mermaids.

This is terrible. Not only are they torturing us with bugs in this game, now it appears they hold those bugs against us? Those are your bugs guys, not ours.

SO MUCH THIS. I loved the IDEA of zombies. I did NOT love them eating my darned plants! I wanted to have to START the zombie apocalypse, not just have the darn things popping up every full moon as a matter of course. The plants thing was bad enough but...they appear on the full moon? NOOO!

I HATE having Aliens in most of my games and it annoys the sweet bejesus out of me that I can't TURN THEM OFF. And hey guess what? EA learned NOTHING and made it so you can't turn them off in TS4 either!

Mermaids everywhere? For the love of Plumbob, WHY???

And Papparazzi...that you can't even retaliate against. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

And yet...it seems the TS4 team knows absolutely nothing about TS3 and is heckbent on making all the same mistakes AND adding a bunch of new ones! WT-seriousF????

I'm agreeing with them, too- So much! ^^
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    This forum is not the only place that the sims games are discussed. I have a feeling we are a very small group that comes on here to express an opinion. In the sims 2 and the sims 3 I did not want to play toddlers, the potty training and the teaching to walk was too boring for me. I would cheat my way through them and then they were children. There could be more of us that did that, and that could be why Rachel said what she said about where they get their data. None of us have the figures of how many people actually want toddlers or open world or anything else. We are judging here, which never makes for a good discussion. Now, I will most likely get "slammed" here by some of you, but really, our opinions count, but are we the majority and if some of us want so many different things are we not taking away from the majority who want the same things that we want? Keep saying what you want or need to play the game, but, "slamming" others will not get it for you.

Sorry, but just because we who wants toddlers and family play may be a "minority" doesn't mean we shouldn't get what we want just because the majority decide to skip the toddler stage. If somebody wants something in the game, they should get it. Especially if it's been a staple in the past base game of the series. It's incredibly unfair to take something out just because some people didn't like it. The Sims is about having ultimate unlimited sandbox play. Meaning you do what you want because the game lets you have complete control.

However, we aren't in control of our games anymore and we haven't been for a long time.

All you took out of this was that I did not play with toddlers on my game? I said our opinions count. Meaning all our opinions count. I see it like an election in the US there are Democrat and Republican those are the bigger parties, and when an Independent comes in or another party, Like let's just say the Bullmoose Party, well those other larger parties like the Democrats and Republican parties, take a hit if there are a few who do not want to vote for them because they do not like the candidates that are running, they will vote the other parties, hence taking away from the larger parties. See, us all wanting so many different things that one thing that is mostly wanted by one group or groups, is shadowed by the other groups who want something different. No one will ever get everything that they want, it just is the way it is. I was just saying that the figures she was talking about that telemetry thing or whatever it is called, could be because some of us did that in the sims 2 and sims 3, not realizing that it would cause any kind of reaction in the following games. In my opinion we were not in control of our games in sims 3 either, if we were everyone would have been able to play the game without a hitch. Also I never said in this post that you should not get what you want, I was just stating that there could be a reason that she stated that, as I stated what I did in both sims 2 and 3, could be more of us.
    I find it funny that you think that those wanting toddlers are a minority. It is so often stated that you are the majority.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »
    I'm going to tweet Paradox right now. I don't know about you guys but I'm fed up, tired, and disgusted. It's like they think they can get away with anything and everything because they're the only ones producing this type of game. I don't trust them-I never trust greed and lies in the first place. How many lies are you willing to accept before reaching your breaking point? How much money are you willing to give them in hopes of this game turning around? This form of abuse has got to end. You guys pray, hope, dance, whatever for competition to happen, and support Simmythesim on modthesims, please.

I seriously want everyone on these forums to go do all of these things, especially tweet Paradox. I'm tired of EA's greed too. Strength in numbers. <3

One of the aspects I learned in...let's just say life, is goals, prayers, whatever, won't be met unless a person takes action. And I've always believed in 'strength in numbers.' Larger crowds are a lot stronger than one can think. People can start a movement that can change the world, in this case, our life simming world for the better. <3
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    She ruined it for me, she ruined it for the thousands of family players who have been ignored and mocked time and time again, the numbers don't matter when real peoples feelings are involved.

Family play will come when the time is right; the time isn't right yet. :)

The time isn't right yet? So the fact that there is a forum thread within this very category that has over 342,400 views and 19,000 replies with support from a huge amount of forum users and tons of criticism over this very topic from fans on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube translates to the time not being right?

Let EA do the advertising please.

This is the problem of devs relying on metrics. Of course current metrics aren't going to offer data re: family play, as the "family play" available is so limited. Unless they're relying solely on TS3 data?

What do we have now? Strictly crib based babies. Go to school. Do homework. Raise skills. Be read to by parents. Help with homework. Limited genealogy tracking. And parents can teach a valuable lesson.

No slumber parties, imaginary friends, prom, curfew, babysitters, daycare, discipline, boarding school, school clubs, graduation, mood swings, midlife crisis, teen house parties, etc. Also, we lack a teaching/learning process (walking, talking, potty training, etc).

So, I guess if players aren't investing into a bare bones system (and I'm sure many do anyway, including myself) the metrics don't reflect enough of an interest (despite continued outcry by a large part of the community..) and thus we get more nightclubs/parties, because metrics support that?

I haven't pre-ordered Get Together yet, because I just haven't seen enough to be sold on buying it. I'm hoping we'll get more information, but I doubt they have unannounced gameplay features. I'm still surprised that Get Together is what's being offered, especially after reviewing the great ideas in last 3 official surveys they sent out.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Oops, duplicate post.

• Options
    Windely wrote: »
    This forum is not the only place that the sims games are discussed. I have a feeling we are a very small group that comes on here to express an opinion. In the sims 2 and the sims 3 I did not want to play toddlers, the potty training and the teaching to walk was too boring for me. I would cheat my way through them and then they were children. There could be more of us that did that, and that could be why Rachel said what she said about where they get their data. None of us have the figures of how many people actually want toddlers or open world or anything else. We are judging here, which never makes for a good discussion. Now, I will most likely get "slammed" here by some of you, but really, our opinions count, but are we the majority and if some of us want so many different things are we not taking away from the majority who want the same things that we want? Keep saying what you want or need to play the game, but, "slamming" others will not get it for you.
    Yes, nice trolling! smiley-greet024.gif

How is that trolling? The poster here showed us a site that the sims games were being discussed. We know that they are discussed on facebook and twitter, so how is that trolling. You can skip my posts if you feel they are trolling.
  • Options
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Well it's easy to take a look over the fence. The internet is also open for you. Go to other Sims forums and you will find that we are NOT the minority - but nice try to talk us down though. However, you were not successful with this attempt.
    You know what I really can't understand? It's the fact that still are people around who even defend this extraordinary dumb business strategy of EA/Maxis.

Defending? Telling me to post elsewhere? Why is that OK? Not OK, I have a right to post here as well as you do. You seem to think that if I do not have the same opinion as you I should be dismissed.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    .... Would you all start playing with toddlers/pre-teens and seasons and pets and supernaturals so they can get the telemetry that a lot of players actually do want these things. :lol:

I actually didn't get to play TS3 much, because my computer hated it, and then TS4 dropped. BUT, I installed Seasons, Pets, and Generations a few days ago, just to see what I'm missing. Because I'm not salty enough. :D

I think it'd be a great idea for a LP to do a side-by-side of family gameplay (i.e., play through the full TS3 Generations experience, followed by the TS4 family experience.) I'd do it, but I have no idea what I'm doing. :)

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited September 2015
    Zagadoo me if you want, but I can see where she is coming from. I was totally against a closed neighborhood, but now that I am playing I can appreciate the closed space. It's filled with activity from other sims and all the houses on the outside are always loaded, what gives in my opinion a nice view for playing and picture taking. In sims 3 if I loaded to much houses in the options my game would crash or load for a long time. Beside the outside, inside loading could even take longer. Maybe not the empty houses ea made, but if you fill it yourself and use colors and patterns that are not standard it took forever. The waiting in game or Cas made me close the game many times. And lets not forget the many crashes it gave simple because of memory. Of course we still have loading time with the sims 4, but I like the screen version more. No white blocks for the doors, hazy faces or blurry patterns. Also it takes less time, a couple of seconds for me.

I do feel more connected to my sims, because sims 4 is more about the sims, while sims 3 was more about the creativity for me. You didn't have to focus on the sims, if you didn't want too. And yes emotion is a mess, but I love the way the sims move now and the faces they can pull. Sims 4 isn't perfect but neither was sims 3. I think it comes down to how your play style is and what your looking for in a sims game. Sims 4 is definitely a winner in my eyes and I could only wish it would be the same for all you simmers.