Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The future of the Sims 4 interview with Rachel Franklin!

Comments

• Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Plus Paradox is so much smaller compared to EA/Maxis, yet Skylines still blew SC 2013 out of the water big time. ;)

It didn't blow SimCity 4 out the water; it is way better than Skylines.

Nothing can beat SimCity 4 though. :p

I said SimCity 2013 (aka SimCity 5), not SimCity 4...
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think its sad that Paradox was able to create a city simulator that you could play offline right from the start. And it took SimCity a year to be able to do that.

Plus Paradox is so much smaller compared to EA/Maxis, yet Skylines still blew SC 2013 out of the water big time. ;)

My point exactly. And it released a PC, Mac and Linux version all at the same time.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I said SimCity 2013 (aka SimCity 5), not SimCity 4...

I know. :)

Nothing will beat SimCity 4.

all-the-love-for-cities-skylines-and-yet-most-of-the-fans-never-heard-about-simcity-4-oh-good-ol-amp-039-sim-city-4_fb_4834337.jpg
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    EJosefina wrote: »
    This just...utterly baffles me. Judging by her general arguments, the franchise would do best if it went back to TS1 standards. Which was fine 15 YEARS AGO.
    As a key developer of this game, she is so bizarrely against all the amazing progress (not that these features were perfectly implemented but that's another discussion) that came with TS3.

It's like this,

Interviewer tries desperately not to sound overly negative about things that are so obviously bad by making TS3's take at open world and attempt at more realistic graphics seem like huge problems.

Which makes Rachel go 'OMG you're so right I know we totally saved the future of this franchise by removing these horrible, horrible features!....Nobody likes those anyway! Yes! What else? What else?!?'

I can seriously imagine this interview was only Rachel with a hand puppet.

I clicked awesome but a big lol for that last line :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    The worlds are so much smaller than the Sims 2 even, that there really isn't even room for pack growth. I do think the base was poorly planned when it comes to culling and world size and life stages. There isn't much to expand when the limits to those are set so low.

I don't see it...

The worlds are larger than previous Sims games worlds.

But no world can beat Monte Vista however.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    The worlds are so much smaller than the Sims 2 even, that there really isn't even room for pack growth. I do think the base was poorly planned when it comes to culling and world size and life stages. There isn't much to expand when the limits to those are set so low.

Totally. Yet we got told over and over for the first month after release the almost limitless possibilities thanks to that strong foundation...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Here let me make it clearer from the neighborhood view:
    090108-neighborhood.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg

The limit in amount of Sims allowed is a lot higher in the Sims 2 as well and there wasn't performance issues. Those worlds were built much more stable.

Don't see it still. o:)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hello everyone! I have moved this thread back to General Discussion. Please remember to keep things civil and do not attack one another or the moderators.

Thank you, SimGuruDrake! Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    Hello everyone! I have moved this thread back to General Discussion. Please remember to keep things civil and do not attack one another or the moderators.

Thank you, SimGuruDrake! Much appreciated.

Yes, Thank you. :)
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited September 2015
    PandaORose wrote: »
    I'm going to tweet Paradox right now. I don't know about you guys but I'm fed up, tired, and disgusted. It's like they think they can get away with anything and everything because they're the only ones producing this type of game. I don't trust them-I never trust greed and lies in the first place. How many lies are you willing to accept before reaching your breaking point? How much money are you willing to give them in hopes of this game turning around? This form of abuse has got to end. You guys pray, hope, dance, whatever for competition to happen, and support Simmythesim on modthesims, please.

I seriously want everyone on these forums to go do all of these things, especially tweet Paradox. I'm tired of EA's greed too. Strength in numbers. <3
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared