Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I've finally put up another chapter of Dallas Cartwright's Baby Challenge - and have many more to go before it's caught up.simmerdownsouth.com/2015/08/12/cartwright-100-baby-challenge-chapter-11-a-different-happily-ever-after/
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Options
    kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    @Southernbelle1283 That's awesome! I've got to read the entire thing now! :D
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    > @kitkat_37 said:
    > I was actually having trouble finding fathers. I then remembered I had made an entire household full of guys, so I just put them into Newcrest and well, y'know. ^_^
    >
    > The problem I'm having is that after a while some of the fathers are just, "disappearing". In the Geneology, I see the children, but I only see half of the children's fathers, and the other half just show up with blank faces, and I can't exactly remember all of the father's names. Is anyone having the same problem?
    >

This has been happening to me too. I assume it happens when the fathers are culled from the game file :(
    I've been making note of things using Wordpad but I've seen a couple of people using spreadsheets in Excel or something similar to keep note of who each father was. It's still annoying having all those blank faces on my in-game family tree though :s
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    kitkat_37 wrote: »
    The problem I'm having is that after a while some of the fathers are just, "disappearing". In the Geneology, I see the children, but I only see half of the children's fathers, and the other half just show up with blank faces, and I can't exactly remember all of the father's names. Is anyone having the same problem?
    This has been happening to me too. I assume it happens when the fathers are culled from the game file :(
    I've been making note of things using Wordpad but I've seen a couple of people using spreadsheets in Excel or something similar to keep note of who each father was. It's still annoying having all those blank faces on my in-game family tree though :s

I'm actually 1 of those people. I even have a row with gender, if they are part of multiples and what age they are at, with automatic sums on the top of the row. It works perfectly!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Aw, man! Why didn't I think of that? I should have known to do something like that seeing as on my first household, when my first Sim, Hope, got married to a guy named Peppino, when they both passed, Hope was still recognised (for a while) but Peppino no longer "existed"! And now Hope isn't showing up altogether.
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2015
    kitkat_37 wrote: »
    I was actually having trouble finding fathers. I then remembered I had made an entire household full of guys, so I just put them into Newcrest and well, y'know. ^_^

The problem I'm having is that after a while some of the fathers are just, "disappearing". In the Geneology, I see the children, but I only see half of the children's fathers, and the other half just show up with blank faces, and I can't exactly remember all of the father's names. Is anyone having the same problem?

It is happening to me too. To remember all fathers I have a notebook with all the childs and fathers names.
    Post edited by klaipini on
  • Options
    I actually transferred my spreadsheet to google docs so anyone who wishes can view it.
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah That's awesome! You're so much more organised than me :D
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @AlHollandiyah That's awesome! You're so much more organised than me :D

Its more OCD-ish, thats not always coming in very handy, LOL! Feel free to copy it and edit it any way you like for your own use. Google docs is free! All the numbers are formulas so it auto counts all my stats for me : D!

Oh BTW, any ideas for names with a B or C (next generation) are MOST welcome, I'm running out of ideas!!
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah I may do, I've been taking notes of everything in notepad for now but I do already use Google Docs for uni work so it should be easy to set up.

Also for names, how about Bailey? I'm not very good for the naming part once I run out of favourite fictional characters to name them after haha. With C's how about Caleb? I really like that name for some reason :D
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah I may do, I've been taking notes of everything in notepad for now but I do already use Google Docs for uni work so it should be easy to set up.

Also for names, how about Bailey? I'm not very good for the naming part once I run out of favourite fictional characters to name them after haha. With C's how about Caleb? I really like that name for some reason :D

Is Bailey for girls or boys? (English is not my native tongue, so I do not always know). I will add both to my list!
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah Most people would say Bailey is a girls name but there are also boys with the name Bailey so I guess it can be used for either?
  • Options
    We had another set of twins!! Buddy & Beau! And Bruce and Britt aged up to adults and moved (read: got kicked) out! Now she has 22 kids of whom 18 have reached adulthood and count towards the challenge. I really wonder if shes going to have more, she has to age up somewhere soonish I'd guess!
  • Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I'm going to be redoing this challenge but it will be with my own twist to it. Just because I like to do things differently. :)
  • Options
    Forgot to transfer my game save to my laptop before I left home so I'm going to be unable to play this challenge for two weeks which is annoying because I've really gotten into the swing of things this summer and not being able to jump into my 100 baby challenge save whenever is gonna throw me off but hey... It is what it is :P

Tried to hit 50 babies before I left but it just wasn't happening as I was on limited time and she just would not give birth to multiples...
  • Options
    I'm finally organised again!

I wrote all the children's names and their father's names on a memo pad on my phone; hopefully that'll help.
  • Options
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    I'm going to be redoing this challenge but it will be with my own twist to it. Just because I like to do things differently. :)

I would love to know what twist, I also like to do things my way. Maybe that would be a nice inspiration for me to do a twisted rerun after I finish the challenge as is....
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    i had to delete my sims game in order to free up storage on my computer when i was backing up my phone so i could get a new one. ever since, i haven't been able to clear up enough storage to redownload it! its been weeks since i haven't played my game and i am having serious withdrawals. I've been deleting everything i can and nothing is working....
  • Options
    kensgirl73 wrote: »

I would love to know what twist, I also like to do things my way. Maybe that would be a nice inspiration for me to do a twisted rerun after I finish the challenge as is....

Well for one thing, I did use the Motherlode cheat to make a house from scratch. I'm also going to make sure that I use the same matriarch for the complete 100 babies by using youth potions. I may also continue it after the first 100 is done with the last female born to that matriarch and go for it again.
  • Options
    [quote="RRR24;13999218"]i had to delete my sims game in order to free up storage on my computer when i was backing up my phone so i could get a new one. ever since, i haven't been able to clear up enough storage to redownload it! its been weeks since i haven't played my game and i am having serious withdrawals. I've been deleting everything i can and nothing is working....[/quote]

That really sucks. I had to leave my desktop (where I play most of my actual saves) for two weeks and I'm already missing playing. Perhaps someone on the forums can help you resolve the problem? :(
  • Options
    @kensgirl73 I'd love to see how you get on, I'm also using potions of youth in my challenge
  • Options
    SNEEZYBIBISNEEZYBIBI Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh man! I totally fudged up! I was 3 babies in last time I loaded my 100 babies house, now I'm 5 babies in! Apparently the only active household didn't stick!! =/ I'm just going to keep on trucking along though, if I wasn't doing this for a YouTube series I'd just start over. *sigh*

If anyone wants to watch my 100 baby challenge, you can let me know and I'll send you the link. =)
  • Options
    @kensgirl73 I'd love to see how you get on, I'm also using potions of youth in my challenge

@iamcherylfails I will be hosting a blog on this. :)
  • Options
    @SNEEZYBIBI A similar thing happened to me. I loaded up my main household and played with them for a couple of Sim days but when I returned to my 100 Baby Challenge household none of them aged, but I discovered that the 6th child had been born; since I wasn't there to name him, he was called Branson by "default" I guess you could say. I said to myself, "I'll get used to it..." :')
  • Options
    This is why it is a good rule of thumb to always start a new game when playing a new challenge. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top