Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @tammyjo329 Congrats! :) I did think only one of the Sims needed to be level 9 in Fitness, good to hear that was the case :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Shay_SquaredShay_Squared Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2015
    A challenge up my ally! Can't wait to start B)
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    OK I have my blog updated with lots of pics ... here are a few to get you started:

A few of the Noble Ash family members eating in the kitchen
    06-27-15_9-58c2a0pm1.png?w=930&h=494
    The medieval era was screaming for a medieval castle ... I'm gonna uploaded the Castle Ash to the gallery later tonight ;)
    07-01-15_8-46c2a0pm-2.png?w=930&h=494
    What is a castle without a Throne room?? LOL
    07-01-15_8-49c2a0pm-3.png

I hope you like my pics! my blog can be found here: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    Videos for all my stuff will be returning shortly.. New job has settled down enough for me to be able to record videos again.
  • Options
    I may have a problem. My laptop died so I had to get a new one. I am trying to recreate the challenge, but it might be different. I will try to pick up on the Middle Ages Ara. Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Aw, I feel for you. I recently had to do a restart of things myself. Luckily it was only the hard drive that gave up, but still, I know how it is to have to start over. Best of luck to you :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Cloudseeker Since I remember who all I had in the family, would you object to me just remaking the sims and starting at Middle Ages area?

Yes, I had finished Early Civil too.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Lydiaa88 That's absolutely fine, especially since your computer dying on you isn't something you can really do much about.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    Are same sex relations allowed in the Early Civilization era? I was thinking along the lines of Ancient Greece...
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • Options
    @cefthy I was originally thinking along the same lines, but decided in the end to not specifically allow it, instead of allowing it and then having to disallow again it in the Middle Ages. But, since it's more of a flavour thing rather than a foundational part of the challenge, you are certainly free to go with what you feel is appropriate :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker
    Here is my recap for Early Civilization Era:

I maxed out Painting, Writing and Charisma on Ariel so check.
    They only got around 10k for tips with all 5 of them playing for tips.
    Took about 30 tries, but I got a gold medal on a party after George turned to an YA.
    At the end of the Era, I had 120 collectibles displayed :) -- I'm proud of this.
    And Ariel wrote 17 books of bestseller quality...

George married Jana -- I cannot list their child since I am having to start over with new sims.

^_^
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker
    I have a few questions regarding me starting over at Middle Ages:

- What should I do about having to meet your ancestors ghosts in Modern Era?

- Paintings?
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I would suggest that in the early Eras you should not be allowed to "safe" woohoo, but you should always try for baby since sims in these ages didn't have access to protection.

But great challenge idea! I really love it :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Lydiaa88 You could, if you have room, just recreate one of your ancestors as an elder and just have them do nothing until they die, or alternatively just have the Modern Era Sims meet the earliest still-existing ghost (which I think I made a note for in that goal, in case the game would start deleting ghosts).

As for the paintings, you can count it as if you have paintings for the previous Eras, due to your unfortunate circumstances :)
    EDIT: Unless you come up with some way to recreate the paintings, of course :)

@JulyaVee I have had that suggested by others, and I have thought of adding a rule like that. Maybe I'll do it in the next rules update. I'm glad you like my challenge :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Cloudseeker

ATM I also have a massive glitch in my game. I can't change sims names. They all have the be the same.

EDIT!: THE GLITCH IS FIXED!! WOOOHOOOO
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    Gannet The SeabirdGannet The Seabird Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2015
    This challenge sure looks like a lot of fun! Not sure if I can/will finish, heh. I'll definitely try, though!
    Post edited by Gannet The Seabird on
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear you have a glitch in your game Lydiaa88!

I have finally finished my first and main lot for the "Old West Era"! It has taken me hours to complete and ... I had to wait for half walls to be released in our last update ... to finished it. It's been uploaded to the gallery if you wanna take a peek or you can check it on my blog

https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

Here is a sneek peek picture :D07-19-15_3-41c2a0pm.png?w=990&h=525

• Options
    @tammyjo329 Oh my goodness, that is absolutely gorgeous!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    HI and aww thank you so much cloudseeker ... you have no idea how much time I put into that LOL ... I really did start weeks ago and then just stopped because I new I needed half walls to do it justice ... then about a week later EA simguru's announce the half walls were coming in our last update ... Yeah!! so glad I waited :smile:

Now I just gotta figure out what I will do for the townies, library, and museum.
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi everyone! I'm back from my vacation from Sims (got sucked back into League of Legends... Heroes of the Storm... Minecraft... and Pixelmon of course :p ) Was just watching TV and couldn't get this challenge out of my head! Somehow my old save file got deleted so I'm going to go ahead and start a new family! I thought the already empty neighborhood of Newcrest would be a great place to start this challenge for obvious reasons. I'm excited to start this challenge again and see what's changed since I played it last!

@Cloudseeker I believe they patched the whole blank paintings thing :)

Edit: Also, I remember from playing before that I was having some issues with overcrowding... Would be awesome if we had some rules that helped us pick which children are the "Heirs" to the family (specific to each era, perhaps?), and maybe edit the challenge-wide goal of having all family members' headstones/urns on the lot.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    @ewright9 Welcome back! How odd that your save file was deleted, but best of luck to your new start :)

I must have missed the blank paintings being fixed when I read through the patch notes, very good that that's no longer a problem.

What exactly do you mean with overcrowding? Just the number of Sims in the household? You can always move Sims out to make room. As for Heir rules, I was planning on having something like that originally, but as I realized that it would pretty much just be "firstborn male gets to be heir" for almost every Era, I decided to skip that system altogether, and just go with the "Era changes upon birth of next generation" system.

The headstone/urn goal will be updated as soon as I know whether or not it's possible to maintain a graveyard on a separate lot from the family lot. If that is possible, I will have that as an option, and if not, I'll reduce it to just require the "parents" (the ones who brought in the next generation) of each Era.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    WingzofnocteWingzofnocte Posts: 12 New Member
    Question: Are pools ok in any era?

Reason for my question is that sims have been swimming...since they could get in water and since ponds aren't able to be swum in I was thinking that if one just dresses a pool up like it is supposed to be a pond (for eras that of course wouldn't have pools lol) would that be ok? Perhaps not right on the lot but maybe one they could go to? I can't imagine the prehistoric era sims going for an enjoyable jog so much as I can imagine them wanting to swim off the dirt and troubles
  • Options
    @Wingzofnocte Yes, pools are allowed right from the start. Just disguise them appropriately, as you said. And it's fine to have one on your home lot, though it may make more sense to have a public "swimming pond" during the Prehistoric Era.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker with the addition of the new couple DLC's. I have a few questions. When do you want sims to be allowed to go to the spa and when can we purchase dishwashers?
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Just off the top of my head, I'd probably say no to dishwashers until the Roaring Twenties, but I might allow spas as early as Early Civilization. I'll have to go through the specifics of each DLC a bit more to be certain, which I'll try to get done in the near future (I have had a lot of other things to do lately). For now, you can go with what you feel makes sense :)
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top