Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long can you farm those free simpoints a day?

Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
So far, i farmed about 170 sim points from the ads. How many can you get a day? Im trying to get enough before may 7th because it will be on Daily Deals, so i can get this set:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=13355&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:46429&pcategoryId=13815&ppcategoryId=13354

so far, im about at 451 points. I think i can make it to the points needed, accordingly, it will cost 905 simpoints. Although, it is missing one magic item : that book magic item:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37838&categoryId=13144&section=UpSell
A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    The number of ads/points for different people/places varies. The ads seem to be targeted. Be sure to check Current Daily Deal and the Cascades & Daily Deals threads. They will help you save a bundle of points. There is also the gifting section threads where people are more than happy to help fellow simmers out if they can. One suggestion would be for you to put the individual items from this set you are working onto your wishlist.
  • Options
    thanks. I already have been gifted some items already and don't wish to over-ask and sound like im begging. Im happy with the couple gifts people gave me. If i can farm these points..it is fine..i think i may just get enough to get the set above-hand
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    There are many people who can't get points for one reason or another. I personally don't see it as begging if you are active on the boards and restrict requests for help to threads purposely created for gifting. Good luck with your farming. :)
  • Options
    I see..well perhaps but i tend to play other games other than the sims franchise. I drift back and forth between games. I might ask for one more item, but i still don't like even asking for more than i need. Anyways, i just hit the 500 simpoint area. 400 more to go. I may put the spell book on my wish list.
  • Options
    JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    How do you know which set will be in a daily deal? I thought those were random. Anyway, the amount of simpoints you can farm probably varies. In around three or four days I was able to get Sunlit Tides Gold. Now I'm working on either Aurora Skies or Midnight Hollow. I wanna get all the goodies!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I use this thread. It shows a spreadsheet on it that lists all the DD on it. It may also help you:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd/p1

Click on the spreadsheet and read the 1st page of it, then click on the bottom tab that says "third rotation". It shows all items that are being sold now and in the future.

Also, @JennaDaCapo, good luck on getting Aurora Skies or Midnight Hollow. I only need 2 more worlds too..Midnight Hollow and Roaring Heights. Once i get the magic set complete, i may start hoarding simpoints for that..that may take awhile..
  • Options
    How do you know which set will be in a daily deal? I thought those were random. Anyway, the amount of simpoints you can farm probably varies. In around three or four days I was able to get Sunlit Tides Gold. Now I'm working on either Aurora Skies or Midnight Hollow. I wanna get all the goodies!

On the first post of the Current Daily Deal thread is a link to the spreadsheet the incredible people from the thread created.
  • Options
    lol @scillakees, i just posted that..
  • Options
    Everyone is beating everyone else tonight. :)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong about that..im only sittin on these boards to do what i mentioned above..to farm enough simpoints for the more magic set. Thanks for the tip about the DD..i thought the CYS actually was combined with the DD.
  • Options
    It is, but only if you buy the set from the set page while it is the current DD. If you buy it from the Daily Deal front page you won't get the extra discount.
  • Options
    Well that helps alot. Thanks for the information, and i think i said about it before on the other page too.
  • Options
    I'm slow. Have fun playing whack an ad. Night.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    It depends on how many ads I see per day and it depends on how many tabs I have open to view the ads. If I was to open up about 3 tabs at once to watch the ads, I can get about 1000 SP per day or if I just sit here all day watching I can still get that many per day. But most of the time I just have the one tab open but I can still get about 200 to 500 per day. I have gotten enough to be able to get the rest of my worlds that I can buy with the points. The only world I need now is Roaring Heights but I need to save up enough money to be able to buy that from either Origin.com or Amazon.com... :)
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I usually get about 500-1000 points per day I watch ads. I noticed if I use different browsers sometimes I can get more ads.
  • Options
    2uise2uise Posts: 74 Member
    I have not seen any ads to get points. It has been about 2wks.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So the browser makes a difference and whether you have your pop up blocker on or not. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Updated: Darnit...no more ads are spawning up..guess im done for today.
    Post edited by Dimon6579 on
  • Options
    @ashley247 Which browsers do you use to see more ads? I need to try that trick also to see if i can get more ads using a different browser type.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I use Chrome and Internet Explorer. What I do is watch all the ads I can on Chrome first, then I open up Internet Explorer and watch them again. Usually when the ad button disappears on Chrome, I try Internet Explorer and the button is there again. So I am able to get a lot more points than just using one browser.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well right now..no ads on the browser im currently using (Firefox). Ill try internet explorer next then chrome. I only need about 200 more simpoints saved up for the item i want on May 7th.

UPDATED: Yea..more free points on internet explorer. Those "alone in the dark" ads started appearing on there..first time I ever saw them..they must only appear when you use internet explorer.
  • Options
    Also make sure the refresh the store page frequently and try different pages within the store. Sometimes I get the ad button to appear on the main store page, and other times it only appears on the Daily Deal page.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It is working..but..some of the ads only appear once and then they disappear..im getting close to getting the amount i want...but im still a bit far from it..sigh. Thanks for the tips btw.

Woo 110 more simpoints to my goal..

I also found the ad spawns on these locations on the webpage:

#1. Your personal Wishlist.
    #2. Daily Deals
    #3. Main page of store items.
    #4. An explanation page of a item.

UPDATED: I made my quoto and made a little more to buy a clothing that was on sale. Thanks for everyone for the help. After the may 7th goal..i plan to try to get that one world next.
    Post edited by Dimon6579 on
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited May 2015
    I usually get 1,000+ daily in Chrome, but I always use incognito mode to avoid the hassle of constantly having to clear out my cache. I log onto the daily deal page (only if the time is over 30 minutes- otherwise, I click any of the options, except for the homepage that doesn't have a time ticker), then I log in, if, and only if I seed the ad icon. If the ad appears after login, I duplicate the tab, if the ad appears, I duplicate that page, until I have 20 tabs (I have done 30, but it chugs too much with my laptop), once all 20 tabs have ad icons, I quickly open them in the order that I placed them (the stacked ads just run through - some are quick, some chug, some tabs want to close shockwave, but even if they all seem to freeze, I merely open another incognito window, open the site to see if the points have been added - I got my 100 points even though shockwave crashed in one tab), but the key here with all ads is to let all tabs get the confirmation popup, before clicking (if there is a run after, by waiting until all are done, another ad will appear in every tab). The other ads require clicking "play" (again, start with the first tab, quickly progressing until you have pressed "play" on all), but here is the tricky part, not all have run smoothly to give you that awesome confirmation popup (and this is the main reason you wait until every tab has the confirmation popup), the Country Crock ads (the one where a female begins speaking of family), if you know that those are the ads in every window, you can make certain that she begins dialogue before pressing play on next, if she is frozen and you notice the timer not advancing, just click your cursor toward the video's end in the time bar (and if you miss any, do that when you go through your run for all the confirmations, and wait for it to finish and Voilà! your confirmation magically appears, and you move on to next tab), if you get the wood grain (the female is not seen by herself or with the family), just press "play" and she shall begin talking, but to keep the pace, just click near the end of the timer bar - again, Voilà! confirmation popup appears, and finish until every tab has that confirmation popup before accepting them all. Next up is the "Rooms to Go" ads (these are so fluky), just quickly click play in each, and after clicking the 20th tab, immediately go back to your first tab, and if the confirmation popup is there, goto the next (again keep your pace quick - for if not the points time out), if you run into the dreaded black boxed one (doesnt even have an arrow, you can either move that tab to the front, try to reload the frame on the ad itself -it used to work, but I think they fixed that awesome glitch, or just exit out of that tab altogether, for you won't see any points for it anyway), if you see just a play button again, double click it quick (it should load to "try again," but do not click that), wait and the confirmation should pop up shortly (I do not even think it is a second wait (but if you accidentally click the "try again" you will catch an endless loop that probably will not pay out, so follow the instructions for it just as the black screened ads), and again repeat until you have a confirmation in all tabs, and before adding back duplicate tabs in any (now missing) tabs, make certain that you click all your confirmation tabs, and if they all have another ad, then go ahead and duplicate from the last tab again (if your machine doesn't chug, you can always add in duplicate tabs to compensate over the 20 or 30 tabs that you run). Now the most difficult challenges are the mixed ones (when different sized popup ads enter in), some run through, some require the play button, and some require all the tricks I mentioned earlier), but all in all it is the same concept with all the twists that I find both quirky, somewhat fun, yet annoying, but definitely challenging!

Different locations pan out ads better or worse, find your hotspots if you are an "on the go" type with a laptop. The library is my weak spot, yet the Children's Hospital gave me tons of runs (that day I accrued 1700 sp in my 24 hour period, although not all at the hospital). I usually do ad runs 3 times daily (work permitting), but normally accrue the most at home between 6am-9am CST (the other times vary due to work projects). But what works best for me, does not work the same way for others. I used to use both Chrome and IE browsers to maximize simpoints (going incognito on Chrome, and Private Browsing on IE), but I uninstalled IE on my laptop, because I needed to maximize drive space (Gotta get that Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on here. :D As for other browsers, I have not tried them all and do not know all the quirks with the settings to go through the hassle of installing something I will have to uninstall. I collect ads for fun to gift others, for I do own the whole store.

Hope any of this helps you or anyone else! :smiley::mrgreen:

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
    And Happy Farming too! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by NagyGina on
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    So far, i farmed about 170 sim points from the ads. How many can you get a day? Im trying to get enough before may 7th because it will be on Daily Deals, so i can get this set:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=13355&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:46429&pcategoryId=13815&ppcategoryId=13354

so far, im about at 451 points. I think i can make it to the points needed, accordingly, it will cost 905 simpoints. Although, it is missing one magic item : that book magic item:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37838&categoryId=13144&section=UpSell

The Enchanted Bundle coming up on May the 27th at 7:19pm Central Time includes the book you've mentioned here. Due to the "Complete Your Set Effect" discounting you most likely will be able to download this set for free at that time since you will then own everything except the book from the More Magic set purchase. So, the book will be free.
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    Today I've got about 30. It keeps coming up with them ones where you have to like the page on facebook in order to receive the points - I don't even have an account! >.<