The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone had twins/triplets yet?

Comments

• Options
    xiaoyu173xiaoyu173 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had twin girls on first pregnancy attempt with first in game couple. No lifetime reward used. I read both pregnancy books, had the husband read a pregnancy book, and gave birth in hospital. Also, my sim mom mood was very high when went into labor. Husband had lucky trait. No special foods eaten. :)
  • Options
    AlexandriaHamiltonAlexandriaHamilton Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had a set of twin girls :)
    The 'Fertility Treatment' helped that.
    I'm wondering if to get triplets you need both parents to have that?? hm... guess I might have to try and see how that works out.
  • Options
    userboo7userboo7 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2009
    First time around with try for baby I had 1 girl second time around I had triplet girls. Gee, what fun.
  • Options
    userboo7userboo7 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had a set of twin girls :)
    The 'Fertility Treatment' helped that.
    I'm wondering if to get triplets you need both parents to have that?? hm... guess I might have to try and see how that works out.

Both my sims had it and I think that is what helped out having triplets. Plus I had my female eating watermelon and watching kid shows and listening to kid music as well. Maybe that helped out a bit. I just wish they could have more than 3 at a time. Now that would be cool to have an octomom on sims!
  • Options
    ShelleyFCarterShelleyFCarter Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ive had twins but no triples so far.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim has had no problem getting pregnant so far, it worked everytime they tried for a baby in both young adult and mature adult. So far no multiple births, but she is pregnant now so we will see. She is on the family lifetime track too, has 3 kids (1 girl, 2 boys) so far and hubby is about to tick over to old age. Can old age men still make babies? If she has a single birth this time and he can't knock her up again they'll have to adopt.

She has also been nauseated and sick much more during this pregnancy that the other three... tossing her cookies at least twice a day so far.
  • Options
    WeekendWarriorWeekendWarrior Posts: 91 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I believe elder men can still have babies.

I had triplets for about one sim day and it drove me crazy..

Bought 3 bday cakes and then the madness REALLY started.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 964 Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't feel like going through the whole pregnancy more then once so I wanted twins. I got both the parents the fertility treatment and they wound up with triplets, all boys. Blake, Aiden, & Colby named in that order. I did not know when they were coming out they'd be multiples and afterwards I realized their initials were ABC. I let them stay infants and toddlers as long as the game allowed and they are now children. 2 of them kind of look alike, not too cute, but the one is so adorable. I love him so much.
    Check out my latest Let's Play! James Turner's Prison challenge.
    PCthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    TinaLinaTinaLina Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i had twin girls on one of my characters! i made my sim watch a lot of kiddie shows and i got the twins ( Emma and Julie ) i also ate lots of watermelon to have girls. its weird that they both turn into toddlers at different times even though they are twins...
  • Options
    DaisySims92DaisySims92 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I actually had twins the second time my sims had children. I was really upset though because I was not playing as that family when it happened and the game gave the kids random names and never even alerted me that there had been kids born. :(
  • Options
    KimiKaboomKimiKaboom Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sim just had triplets.
    The day after little Jonathon was born, what do you know, Bam!, she's pregnant.
    I naively assumed it'd only be with one baby, as there was no forewarning, then, at the hospital, three little girls were born. Lovely. :/
    Now my Sim has four babies to contend with. Yet I still plan on getting good old Ned to impregnate her a few more times before he ages :D
  • Options
    DebraDebra Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    buy fertility treatment when your sim is pregnant...costs 10,000 points
  • Options
    misssimermisssimer Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My girl got pregnant and she wanted to have a boy, out came twin baby girls. POOR mom lives on her own with toddlers.. the dad lives next door as my bf plays him.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,792 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had a pair of twin boys. The fertility treatment worked.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LazyDayziLazyDayzi Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just recently had one set of twins and 1 set of girl triplets...
  • Options
    Vixen123Vixen123 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awww wow, twins! I haven't had twins yet :(
    Going to try that fertility thing people keep mentioning though :)

Would be awesome to get triplets!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    My second born-in-game was a natural set of twin girls. :D Thing is, it didn't announce that two babies were on the way. :shock: I thought I'd done something wrong in the naming and trait selection when the screen popped up again saying I'd had a baby girl. Good thing I didn't repeat the name. LOL I made one twin evil, just for kicks ... :P
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I actually had twins the second time my sims had children. I was really upset though because I was not playing as that family when it happened and the game gave the kids random names and never even alerted me that there had been kids born. :(

Have your Sims read the newspaper regularly -- that's where the announcements of what's going on occur! And you can change their names at City Hall.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Daehloena wrote:
    All of my hospital births have been same gendered twins. I didn't realise it the first time and gave them the same name and traits...it looked like a glitch that hadn't recognised the first input I made. This happened four times (different families) before I tried leaving a woman at home, and it was a single birth. Subsequent playing has been the same.

I'm only playing one family currently. They have five children. I created the first one in CAS along with the parents, the rest born in-game. A single, a natural set of twin girls and then another single, last one a boy. All these babies were born in the hospital.
  • Options
    xSelfAdhesivexSelfAdhesive Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My first Sim pregnancy was one boy, then I bought the fertility treatment award for both parents, then it was twin boys, then it was triplet boys. I felt so sorry for my Sim ^^" Another of my Sims had triplet girls. Mixed gender twins/triplets would be nice~
  • Options
    KimiKaboomKimiKaboom Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ooh, the same family have just had twins. Poor Jasmina and Ned now have SIX babies :/ And their house is full. Man does that fertility treatment thing work :/ (I bought it for them both) :)
  • Options
    XerozXeroz Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    when my sister played the game she had 2 twin girls
  • Options
    SaffronsimSaffronsim Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    With my first sim couple in the game, I had a set of twin girls. Funny thing is, they didn't listen to kid music or watch the kid channel. But reading some of the comments here, if you read all the pregnancy books and have a high mood there's a much bigger chance of multiples.

WOW twin toddlers were hard to raise! I didn't want to hire a babysitter after so many people said they kidnapped babies!!

But if I have triplets, I will definately hire a babysitter LOL
  • Options
    BlueEyedBlueEyed Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got twin boys on the first try. I'm gonna adopt later, cause Aiko's now an elder :/