Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    hailey080702hailey080702 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi again,

So I tested the no worker glitch out on no CC or mods, and there was still no worker at the resort. So I know it can't be mods or CC. Good thing I still have the mods and CC in a different folder haha. Thanks for adding it though!!
  • Options
    fabjamiefabjamie Posts: 122 New Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). --- CC NO MODS
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? ---ISLAND PARADISE
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? ---MOST RECENT
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? --- STARTED A NEW GAME
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? ---NEW
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? --- EA (IP)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? --- WINDOWS 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? --- DOWNLOAD
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? -- HOMEWORLD

Hi, I'm back again. So basically I have two toddlers in game that keep climbing up the ladder in the houseboat. Neither of them know how to walk and they are turning into gigantic monsters. When they get back on the ground, they are normal again
    332uxzm.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2013
    @Shepherdmoon - Some people have reported that editing the dive lots in Edit Town and moving the cave object a few tiles stopped that reset from happening. You may consider trying it in your game and report back here as to whether or not that worked for you.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited June 2013
    @Shepherdmoon - Some people have reported that editing the dive lots in Edit Town and moving the cave object a few tiles stopped that reset from happening. You may consider trying it in your game and report back here as to whether or not that worked for you.

Hmm, this sounds a bit scary to me--what if I move it somewhere that makes it completely inaccessible? As far as I know there's no "undo" once you've saved the town... Do you think it would work if I picked it up, moved it to the left a bit, then moved it right back to where it was before? I am kind of willing to try, but afraid I'll make things worse. There are caves that were working before that suddenly stopped working, so I'm not sure if moving it will help or not. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has any further comments on this and try it if I can build up the courage to do so.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    joeribearrrjoeribearrr Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Uncharted Island Problem

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? None
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) No
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? no mods
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Both.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Made a new sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla Paradiso
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Issue: When discovering an uncharted island, the game screen goes black aside from the mouse and causes the computer screen to turn on and off, the last time it eventually lead my computer to Bluescreen. Help?
  • Options
    chicfemme714chicfemme714 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem in my game. Everything else is working fine and has been with all my Sims 3 games. I have only successfully explored a cave once despite numerous times trying.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh, I just remembered something: My game has recently progressed into the winter season. Could this be causing the magically teleporting Sim when exploring a cave? That's the only new variable I can think of between when it worked and when it didn't work.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Alecea_sunshineAlecea_sunshine Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping this is the right place to look for help, but I'm having an odd issue. Everything works fine until I'm loading a saved game. I loaded my sim-selfs game without any issues, but my legacy family ( only other save at the time) and new games would start to load, fill the bar , and then stop. The game tips would still rotate and the game was still "responding" but it wouldn't do anything else. After 2 hours of leaving it be I ended up closing with task manager. I've already gone through two factory resets, system restored back to pre-patch, re-installed the patch without mods installed, and deleted my downloads folder, cleared dccache and dcbackup. All of my mods are updated to 1.55.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Yes, and I tested the vanilla game and it worked for all but my legacy famil.
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? As of know just the patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? both
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? ...
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sim-self was in Aurora Skies, legacy family was in Moonlight Falls
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? vista
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have noted another wierd glitch: this time with the tabcast (store item).

My newly-created sim in new IP game lives on the "You're on a Boat" houseboat (in case living on the water causes different issues).

The sim was listening to tab casts as normal for 4-5 days. Then, one day I noticed the tabcast said 2d (days instead of hours?)! I had her shower and try again. It was still d instead of h and did not change over time.

The next day I had her try again. The last time I checked it said 4d.

She works in the culinary career and was listening to cooking. Her skill level is around six or seven.

Maybe this is a known glitch for the tab cast that I have never encountered before?

I have no mods folder in my game and I removed my old saves folder as well as the cache files before starting playing IP.

I am running on a Vista PC with 8Gigs of RAM and 1G dedicated graphics card RAM with all EPs and most SPs and a bunch of store stuff, but no cc or mods. My latest IP game is a DD, but all the rest are physical disks with the exception of one SP (FL which was DD as well). The only SPs I don't have are KP and Decades and the only world I don't have is Dragon Valley. I am patched to 1.55 and am playing in IP as a new game with newly created Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Update on my above problem of my Sim disappearing when trying to explore a cave while diving, and reappearing on a nearby island:

Thanks to @StarlingGray's suggestion and something I read somewhere about entering into build/buy mode on a lot resetting the entire lot, I tried the following:

I first completely quit out of the Sims and restarted it, and then tried to explore the cave near the stairs in Mermaid Groddle to see if simply restarting a fresh game would solve the problem. It did not. My Sim, and the other 5 Sims that happened to be at Mermaid Groddle at the time (including two ghosts) all instantly teleported over to the nearby island "Port Pepper", appropriately also named "the Lonely Isle". I had my Sim fish while he decompressed... one by one boats appeared to take the other Sims away.

I then entered "edit town," and attempted to "build/buy" the Mermaid Groddle. This didn't work at first: I was told I needed a cheat to do this. So I searched the internet for how to do that, and after alot of trial and error and figuring out that what I read wasn't exactly correct, I got the following to successfully work:

1) Hit "Ctrl+shift+C"
    2) Type "testingCheatsenabled true" and hit enter.
    3) Hit "Ctrl+shift+C"
    4) Type "enablelotlocking true" and hit enter.
    5) Click on the arrow at lower left (if not already selected), then click on the lot to be edited. A menu opens to the lower right. Click on the padlock symbol to the far right to unlock it and allow changes.
    6) Click on the build/buy option at lower left and then click on the lot again. You should now be brought to the lot.

I was afraid to move the explorable cave as suggested by @StarlingGray. Instead, out of curiosity I clicked on a random thing that turned out to be a shark spawning spot, then hit escape to drop it. I did not touch the cave at all. I then exited out of that by going into edit town again (lower left menu of options) and then clicked on play the game at center top. I did not save the town at that point.

I sent my Sim back to Mermaid Groddle, and the cave exploration WORKED! I think that simply going into buy/build mode at the lot was enough to reset it and fix the issue. I have not tried exploring at any of the other caves in that lot or the others, so I don't know if this has to be done on every single dive lot separately... hopefully not, as that would be a pain and a half. But at least this worked for now!
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am also having a problem where maintenance will not show up.

More details on the problem:

-> I created this file yesterday, and it worked fine yesterday with no hiccups.
    -> Hobart's Hideaway, fixed up.
    -> When I loaded my save, no maintenance were showing up.
    -> I have used the resetsim * cheat to try and fix it.
    -> I have no CC.
    -> All EPs.
    -> No SPs.
    -> Up to date with 1.55
    -> Windows 8 - but because it wasn't initially an issue, I presume it has nothing to do with my O.S.

At the same point in time, pranks began 'spawning' on my resort. No sims were around but pranks would be set up. I am having trouble tending to this resort.

I'm about to try clearing the caches, and will update if that works.

Edit (Again):
    --> Clearing caches seems to work. I'd rather not have to do that every time, but it does work.
    --> Sorry. Only works for about five minutes. It's rather disappointing, overall.

In answer to the question about the routing:
    --> No routing issues.
    --> All my bar/snack/front desk workers do show up. Only maintenance don't.
  • Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2013
    Alright. I just remembered another issue I have been having. It is an issue that has been reported before, but it has been associated with a mod, of which I have none. I only have EA content, no CC ever installed.

-> WaterSleds have been disappearing.
    -> To be more specific, they disappear and then reappear.
    -> I was also allowed by the game to sell the same Watersled 4 times.
    -> Windows 8
    -> All EPs
    -> No SPs
    -> Barnacle Bay and Riverview the only extra worlds insalled
    -> NO CC
    -> Patch #1.55
    -> First noticed during a robbery
    -> New Game

Upon checking again, yes, there were Watersled(s) in her inventory. They keep multiplying there, too. She originally had 1 (came with the premade house I bought) and she has 5 in her inventory.
  • Options
    AmyWritesStuffAmyWritesStuff Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@AmyWritesStuff: Since you can't save, you can just close the game and it should be back to where you started out. Just say no to the question this time and use the option through the phone. You'll loose any progress of cours

Do you think it'd be worth it to download ErrorTrap? thanks, i'll try your suggestion.
  • Options
    kikuraskikuras Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same issue with the families. I'm playing the Ithaca family and the kids are just related to the father. The parents have since then had 2 babies and they are considered half brother/sister to the original kids in the family.
    Tried the Scott family as well and again the daughter is only related to the dad.

As for Mods, I use the nraas mods: Overwatch, Errortrap, MasterController. All updated.
  • Options
    mds424mds424 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't get the "Relax" interaction to come up so I can use the beach towel on my houseboat. It's not even a choice when I click.

ALSO...

I got the game release day, and when I was working on Hobart's Hideaway, I had to option to change the resort tower to 3 different color variations when I clicked on it in live mode or through the resort finances page. Now, it's disappeared. I even tried starting a new game, and it was still gone.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Island Paradise
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? Latest
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new sim
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla Paradiso
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Vista
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Downloaded
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? I don't know what this means...
  • Options
    palmtreecodpalmtreecod Posts: 261 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I was selling one of my houses and I saw all my uncharted islands on the list (btw if you don't know how to sell one of your houses you have to do it through the computer real estate program not by cell phone) and the house I built on Beryl Shoals is worth way more than the sale value.

I also see this because When I removed the all-in-one bathroom from my other island, the value didn't change in the list either.

2L0jcQf.jpg
  • Options
    ShaggyswifeShaggyswife Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello!
    among some of the many bugs I already see listed, I have an error where there seems to be a problem hiring maintenance for resorts. it will only let me hire 3 (not sure if that's how its supposed to be or not) and no one ever shows up, leaving my sims to try to keep up with all the cleaning, repairs and roach stomping themselves.
    I can hire front desk workers and food vendors and even mixologists without a problem.

I did have an issue with the ice cream truck multiplying like crazy but twallans traffic mod seemed to fix that.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? not at first but then added the updated versions of Error trap over watch and traffic

2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? both

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new sim

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla paradiso (EA)

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? windows 8

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd

9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? home world
  • Options
    saoirse200saoirse200 Posts: 165 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I heard that the scuba diving issue conflicts with any skills mod, I couldn't scuba dive until I found a skills mod I had forgotten about
  • Options
    soyokazenoAmesoyokazenoAme Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

1. I have custom content hair.
    2. Island Paradise installed
    3. Latest patch
    4. I saved my family to the bin then created a new game in Isla Paradiso and placed the family.
    5. See 4
    6. Isla Paradiso
    7. Windows 7
    8. Some are discs, some downloads. Island Paradise is download.
    9. Home World Island Paradiso

My Fairy Sim could not turn into a mermaid with Mermadic Kelp. It wasn't until I used a Potent Cure Elixir on her and THEN had her eat kelp again that she changed. I see you've got it there that Witches cannot turn into Mermaids, but it is also Fairy Sims that cannot. A friend in a group I'm in expressed the same problem, her Fairy Sim didn't transform into a Mermaid after eating Mermadic Kelp.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi there. I'm having an issue with the Aqua Sled being stuck in my sim's inventory. He had one that he had been using for several in-game days without any problem, it was selected as "preferred boat" (since he also has a rowboat in his inventory). One day while he was on the beach he got the prompt to attend a party. I clicked on the message, but instead of using his Aqua Sled, the boat taxi came to pick him up. However, it didn't actually take him anywhere. I had to cancel the interaction, so that he got out of the taxi, then I made sure that the Aqua Sled was still his preferred boat, and I tried to send him home. The taxi came to pick him up again. So, guessing that the sled was just bugged, I tried to sell it but I was not able to drag it from his inventory to get rid of it, and now it's stuck there.

I did buy him another Aqua Sled by clicking on a mooring post on a community lot, and this one works just fine. So I'm not sure if trying to go to the party caused the issue or if it may have been something else. Also, just a note, my sims do not have a boat trailer or mooring post of their own, so their boats are always stored in their inventories.

..............................................................................

These are the same as before, except now I have Island Paradise. I will answer them again, though.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No

2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    Island Paradise

3. Which Patch Level are you at ?

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New one.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Moved in previous sims that had been saved to the library.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA - Isla Paradiso

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Mac

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home world.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2013
    For those that normally use it, Awesome Mod has been updated 1.55. Just thought I'd let folks know.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    hailey080702hailey080702 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great news!Turns out I didn't wait long enough for the workers to show up lol, so now there are actually people working the front desk. Guess I didn't get rid of all mods, so I guess it was a mod problem. But thanks again for adding since other people r still having the issue :)!
  • Options
    patspantryplayerpatspantryplayer Posts: 498 New Member
    edited June 2013
    OMG - I was looking forward to getting this EP, but now . . . it is such a shame that they can't release an EP w/o having to have run checks on it and fixed the bugs first instead of using the customers as guinie pigs.

Such a shame - tch, tch, tch
  • Options
    IvanGroznyyIvanGroznyy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Update on the "unable to board houseboat when snorkeling" problem: If the houseboat is not in port, my Sims cannot board it directly from the water, even though the presence of a ladder at the stern suggests to me that they're supposed to be able to do that. Swimming, snorkeling, or scuba diving, my Sims are never able to board the houseboat from the water. The only way to get them back aboard the houseboat is for them to first board a smaller boat. The "Teleport me here" action from the debug menu can also get them on the houseboat, but rather than immediately teleporting there, they first have to go ashore. Only then will they teleport aboard. I suspect the resetsim cheat would immediately warp my Sims home without the need to go ashore first, but I haven't tested that method yet (update: resetsim just teleports them to an island far from the houseboat).

Also, I am now experiencing the same problem as Shepherdmoon, albeit at Rocky Reef. I will attempt the solution suggested to her and report back on whether or not it works. As an addendum, this glitch appears to cause everyone in the Dive Spot to reset to the nearest shore, NPCs included. One of my Sims managed to avoid the reset once when I tried to duplicate the glitch, and it appears she did so by doing something else when the reset happened.

Update on cave issue: I did what was recommended for Shepherdmoon and now my Sims can explore the caves in Rocky Reef without any problems. I picked up both caves, but canceled moving them. I did move some of the bones in front of one of the caves, though. I encountered no problems when they explored the cave in Davy Jones' Locker, so I suspect correcting any one cave will correct them all, though I may be proven wrong in the future.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mayyahmayyah Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    My sims never get to go back to work after having a baby, or getting married. The days until the next shift begins, just keep adding more vacation days whenever the day my sim is supposed to go to work comes.

I am not using any custom content or mods. I have both IP and the patch. (# 1.55.4.022017). This happens in both my new games and my older saves. It happens to both premade and "new" sims. It happens both in my self-made world and in Isla Paradiso. Windows 7. I got the downloaded version of the game, from origin. It happens in the sims's home world.
    (I hope i remembered everything)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top