Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious Mr Gnome

Comments

• Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited May 2013
    I remember I made a game once, and my sim was a "Gnome Hunter" :lol:

He would try and collect them all, and when he got them display them in display cases in his home... But they would escape, so it made it funny :lol:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited May 2013
    I remember I made a game once, and my sim was a "Gnome Hunter" :lol:

He would try and collect them all, and when he got them display them in display cases in his home... But they would escape, so it made it funny :lol:

I wondered how you'd keep them where you wanted them. :lol:
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I remember when the game first came out. I wanted to have a collection of gnomes. So I had my sim display the gnomes that he got back from the gem cutters. When I started up the game the next day, the 2 gnomes were not on the display stand. I figured my game was glitched. Now this was before CC or mods. So it was EA's standard reply to uninstall and reinstall your game. So I did what they told me. After the 4th time, I noticed the gnome move. He got down from the display stand and moved over near my sim's bed.

That is how I discovered that they moved. Oh gosh, all that time wasted by uninstalling and reinstalling the game!
  • Options
    nytikanytika Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the gnomes. I wanted once to try to get them all. Its a labor of love without cheats. I did not succeed. I got side tracked with gardening. I also always wondered why my mr. m gnomes died all the time. I do remember them moving in packs, though. Sometimes in weird positions or places. :-)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello Karritz :) Thank you for sharing this picture with us :lol: Goodness! That is alot of Gnomes :lol: I love the weird and quirky 'glitches' TS3 has, they can be very amusing :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    PuddytoesPuddytoes Posts: 181 Member
    edited May 2013
    Karritz, I did not realize that was you with the different avatar. That's what I get for looking at pictures and not names lol.

And see, now I've learned something. I didn't know that the vampire gnomes attacked teddy bears. That's pretty amusing.

I tried to do the whole gnome collection a few times. I had to give up the first few because I was running an older PC and having them chase the Mysterious Mister around, always relocating like that, slowed my game down too much. I learned to keep him hidden from them eventually but I, too, just kept getting sidetracked by other things. :)
  • Options
    nytikanytika Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2013
    Puddytoes how did you hide him? Im curious because the randomly poof places.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    nytika wrote:
    I also always wondered why my mr. m gnomes died all the time. I do remember them moving in packs, though. Sometimes in weird positions or places. :-)

LOL!

@Karritz, I forgot about the summer gnome. Thanks!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Gnomes freak me out. My Sims don't seem to mind them but I do. :lol: I think I'd have to shut the game off for a while if I saw that many gnomes at once.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited May 2013
    The gnomes make me laugh, I don't go out of my way to collect them, but if my sims find one I just pop it in the garden, give it a name and let it get on with whatever takes its fancy. The baby gnomes are very sweet, the teen gnome is funny, the evil gnomes (my child got 3 from trick or treating) give my sims nightmares and the spring gnome is always in the way of the shower, I've never had mine gang up on any or kill each other though, I'll watch out for that. Heres a few random selections, inclucing babies :)

screenshot_original.jpg"width=300"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300"

screenshot_original.jpg"width=300"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300"

The one odd thign I have noticed though is the mysterious gnome has a tendancy to appear overlapping another gnome, which can sometimes be amusing all by itself ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Gnomes freak me out. My Sims don't seem to mind them but I do. :lol: I think I'd have to shut the game off for a while if I saw that many gnomes at once.

lol have you seen the angry ones? :shock:

@samantha nice pics :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Thank you to everybody who'd been posting their gnome pictures and commenting on this thread. I've been at work and now I'm about to go to work again so can't post pictures during the day. It's 5:25 now so will post a few here while I can.

Here's what I saw when my ghost gnome appeared. I think the snowmen were due to melt anyway.

Gnomes_Screenshot-80_zps058fb618.jpg

As this particular game progressed, I noticed the ghost gnome seemed to become the gnome ring leader. There were lots of other gnomes in this game. I also noticed new ghosts appearing regularly. One of them was an elderly woman and since one of my Sims had accidentally cloned herself using the Science thing, there was a toddler. This elderly ghost would take much better care of the toddler than any of the young adult Sims in the household who all were much too interested in using all of the equipment placed around the lot.

I think I only got videos of her with the toddler though as I can't find any screen shots.

Actually this is another shot of the Vampire Gnome turning teddy bears. This is a great way to make extra simoleans you can buy the teddy bears for about 50 and sell the Vampire gnomes for about 1000. I haven't actually sold the vampire gnomes yet though as I like to keep them.

Gnomes_Screenshot-9_zps478f07fb.jpg

The pink rabbit is the ring in here - it isn't a teddy bear as it is a toy and she didn't turn it into a Vampire gnome - but she got the rest of them eventually. Only one has turned so far in this pic.

Here is the Winter gnome with a Vampire gnome flying behind him. He arrives when you have lots of igloos and snowmen on the lot.

Gnomes_Screenshot-29_zpsdd7cf4da.jpg

This is where most of my gnomes come from. In this pic she's catching a deathfish. But in some games they seem to catch a gnome just about every time they go fishing in the wishing well. I just have to remember to check their inventory.

Gnomes_Screenshot-10_zpscca0a81e.jpg[/URL]

Mr Manchu from China dancing next to the wishing well. He came out of the wishing well along with the gnomes from all the WA locations even though none of the sims in the household has ever traveled to any of those places.

Gnomes_Screenshot-27_zps2b5980cc.jpg[/URL]

This gnome comes from the Spring Festival. This is the first of many of this gnome that the household brought home from the Spring Festivals. They seem to get them whenever they go hunting for Easter eggs.

Gnomes_Screenshot-31_zps10e396c1.jpg[/URL]

This is a link to another movie of my vampire gnomes and the summer festival gnome. It is similar to the other movie, but it has more pictures of the gnomes in different poses.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=442437

It can be hard to open. I find if I right click the link and choose to open in a new tab, then wait a few seconds while it spins to load, then close the tab and choose open in a new tab again it seems to open straight away the second time.

Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nytika wrote:
    I also always wondered why my mr. m gnomes died all the time. I do remember them moving in packs, though. Sometimes in weird positions or places. :-)

LOL!

@Karritz, I forgot about the summer gnome. Thanks!

I still have a few more pics to post. I just have to find them. I managed to get a car park at the station this morning but am still late for work. I hope you enjoy the pics I posted before I left home.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep I am definitely loving the pics, and this topic. :D I had a ghost gnome, but she was mean. Not sure what happened to her. I think I tried gifting it to a family that could handle her, but I believe at the time, things were getting weird with my town and I moved them all to a new town, or when my computer needed to do a system restore, therefore, me using an old save when things got running again. :-)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Here is the tombstone for a Mysterious Mr Gnome who died. I do remember seeing him regularly surrounded by other gnomes. I was sad to see he'd died because he is my favourite gnome.

Gnomes_Screenshot-264_zpsd44b40c6.jpg

Here are a few of the gnomes who surrounded him

Gnomes_Screenshot-265_zps313675e9.jpg

There are others lying in the snow and you can hardly see where they are.

Gnomes_Screenshot-266_zps11971d0b.jpg

The gnomes lying under the snow are Cracklin Knackerbell, Sultan Sam and Lounge Lizard.

I found a Vampire Gnome inside watching TV.

[IMG]https://s5.postimg.cc/4uzv37efb/Gnomes_Screenshot-268_zpsec1d403d.jpg[/URL] There are all of these teddy bears waiting to be turned in the next room and she hasn't touched any of them yet. I wonder why? Perhaps it is because there are so many other gnomes on the lot already. There are heaps of them around - I just haven't tracked them all down yet. Will post pics when I find them.[/img]Gnomes_Screenshot-269_zps427a4fa4.jpg

I keep finding these plates of links lying around the lot and in the kitchen. Do you think they have anything to do with gnomes? Or is something else going on in this lot?

Gnomes_Screenshot-267_zps29ced808.jpg

And a few minutes later a few more have gathered in a different part of the garden. It is still snowing - only 3 days to spring now so some of the others may come out from wherever it is they are hiding.

Gnomes_Screenshot-272_zps47ffdab1.jpg[/URL]

I found Abracadabera the Laundry Gnome in someone's inventory - so I put him out in the snow near the others. It is getting late in the day and dark.

Gnomes_Screenshot-273_zps01d29deb.jpg

I also just noticed one of the teddy bears has vanished.

Edit: Resized pictures
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I've been remodeling the house and garden that I found the gnomes in. Do you remember the colour the swimming pools were before they went a deeper blue?

Here is a pic of father and son relaxing by the old style pool.

Gnomes_Screenshot-276_zps3bbe49ff.jpg

And a few of the others are still lolling around the pool too. Not long before I took this shot just about all of them were gathered together in around this area. I didn't get a shot of them and only decided to post these two when I saw the baby gnome beside the pool.

Gnomes_Screenshot-277_zps2c0c1af4.jpg

So far no other types of gnome have appeared in the household.

They all seem to have gathered outside on the lawn.

Gnomes_Screenshot-282_zps90234c0b.jpg

Edit: Resized pictures
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol love it! thanks karritz!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've never pulled a gnome out of the wishing well, maybe I just don't use it enough

Love the pictures of them all grouped together
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love this thread! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol love it! thanks karritz!

Thanks.

I like your nice new avatar.

Have a Happy Day: :lol:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I've never pulled a gnome out of the wishing well, maybe I just don't use it enough

Love the pictures of them all grouped together

In some games it happens a lot and not so often in others. I always have the tree of prosperity nearby too so I can get the pixies. I don't think that influences the number of gnomes that come out of the wishing well. But can't be sure.

I've flung games in Aurora Skies seem to produce the most gnomes for me so far. Barnacle Bay is good too. But I haven't played enough games to know if it is the location that is influencing it or if I just got lucky with that particular game.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that I have been sending supernaturals to fish at their wishing well on their own home lot. It may be that supernatural scare better at catching gnomes in the ww.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I love this thread! <3

Thank you. I am happy you are enjoying it. I am having fun putting toe screenshots up. I was starting to wonder if I should stop for a while as gnomes may be becoming a bit like old news.

I won't be adding any today though as it is Friday morning now and I have to go to work.

I really want that new venue and DV though. I wonder if I can get any shots of the dragons with gnomes?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I very rarely use supernaturals in my active household but I want to unlock a few badges so I will be, I'll see if that makes a difference. I'm trying to get the 15 chidlren/30 grandchildren so I can't visit WA locations and I do like to get my gnomes randomly rather than the buydebug.

I snapped a piccy of the teen gnome. His expression make me laugh, he's such a stereotypical teen!

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"

I call this his "They're not with me" pose :D
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wow Samanthajane thanks for that. I've been waiting patiently to finally see one of them. My one baby gnome is still a baby last time I saw it.

Good luck with those badges. I think the 15 babies is possible if you do it exactly right. I've read you have to do it with the Sim in the same household all the time. I believe it is easier to do with a male Sim than a female. I of course, tried with a female and although she had all 15 babies I didn't get the badge. I might try again some time with a male Sim and see what happens.

I thought the gnomes were vanishing from my game last time I opened it as I could only find around 30 of them but this morning they are all back again. They have been very active this morning and zapping around together. I got a shot of a few of them inside the house. It would make a sim think twice about sitting down to breakfast with this lot around.

Gnomes_Screenshot-287_zps0e20bb73.jpg

Then later on I noticed some of my gnomes are ageing and a lot of them are elderly now. I've never seen old gnomes before. I see you have some in your shot above.

Here is the picture I took of my elderly gnomes.

Gnomes_Screenshot-294_zps1fc4de59.jpg

One of them is standing on top of his walking stick. Another is shaking his stick at someone. There are quite a few others like this around the garden. I suppose I'll have gnome tombstones next. I hope some new baby gnomes appear soon before they all die of old age.

I thought I'd add just one more. My Sim is fishing in the Wishing Well while the pixies are active. There are gnomes watching her - maybe they are wondering if she is going to catch a different type of gnome and let it loose on them. I thought she could keep it in her inventory if she found one but none have appeared so far in this game.

Gnomes_Screenshot-290_zps9005df24.jpg

I thought I'd go into buydebug and get some of those ceiling lights so I could put some light on my gnomes pictures. I can't get them all into one shot as they are spread out all over the lot and inside the house but here are a few of them with light.

Gnomes_Screenshot-295_zps6c9a4d37.jpg

Gnomes_Screenshot-298_zps2286a7de.jpg[/URL]

I never thought I'd have so much fun playing with such an old game. This game was started when only the base game was available so that is why there is only one type of gnome in it and I'd like to keep it that way for this household. There are other households in the game that I have set up and played with previously. I will keep playing them and they can have the other gnomes. I will also split this household up soon too as there are 3 generations living in it and it is time for teens to age up and the young adults to move out and set up on their own. I've had them collecting seeds from around the lot and skilling up in preparation for moving out and setting up their own places.

Edit: More picture resizing 8)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    They are all getting old.

Gnomes_Screenshot-304_zpsa526c633.jpg

I think I found a new one on me - and I suspect it is the baby/toddler gnome grown in to a child. He doesn't have a beard and is just sleeping.

Gnomes_Screenshot-305_zps122ba5be.jpg

Here are a few more pics of so many old gnomes.

Gnomes_Screenshot-306_zpsa2d1065f.jpg

Gnomes_Screenshot-309_zps21b292e0.jpg

I thought this was a bit cute.

Gnomes_Screenshot-339_zps7c6086c0.jpg[/URL]