Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Dream Home Decorator?

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    Yes. On release.
    They had me at hello (1st trailer). :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I say "on sale" because I prefer to let new content mature for a couple of patch cycles after release. But the range of BB assets alone is worth my money, and creative careers are always welcome.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I won't be able to play it right away since World of Warcraft : The Burning Cursade (Classic) launches the same day. :#

If I don't win it from your awesome giveaway, I will buy it on sale or whenever I can find the time to play it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    Probably gonna bundle it with the next EP.

I like the pack, but I'm more excited about the update with preferences and new hair colors honestly :) and I think I can wait.
  • Options
    navyshadesnavyshades Posts: 15 Member
    Yes. On release.
    I'll buy it as soon as it comes out. I'm excited for something new to play with. There are elements that disappoint me, but I've been getting bored recently so fulfilling some briefs (even though they're pretty vague) is just what I need to get me back into the game.

I'm actually going to play this GP in a neighbourhood I've fully filled with my own families. I didn't build their houses myself (I just downloaded them from the gallery) so it'll give me a chance to make their homes match their personalities a bit more. I'm excited about that. I feel like that will make the randomness of the briefs feel a bit more personal. :smile:
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,212 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    Eventually, yes, I'll get it for the CAS and BB items, but I'm in no hurry.

My opinion is the same as before the livestream: I think it's objectively a cool GP, especially for builders who can now combine their hobby with actual gameplay thanks to the new career, but as someone who hates building, it's not a must-have for me. The things I'm looking forward to the most (bunk bed update, additional hair colours, likes and dislikes) are actually coming with the free patch, so I'm grateful for that.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Yes. On release.
    I am definitely intrigued by this pack and will be getting it at release :blush:
    CAS is amazing. I like that they have included BB to give every kind of room a fresh look. Sectional sofas in the living room, two new kitchen sets with separated cooking, more bunkbeds which have been improved, modular shelving, new gameplay object for kids and toddlers - and I believe there is a new bathroom set as well!
    The career itself seems so fun. It's great how they've fleshed out the gameplay around the renovation, with talking to clients, taking pictures, revealing the renovation and getting reactions. There is also an option to stay on the lot after getting the payment, which can be good for gameplay. Also, I like that you can choose to go with them to work or not - this is great for hectic family play.
    Lastly, I hope the bug at the end of the livestream doesn't serve as an omen for the pack as a whole ..
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Still not sure.
    Just... Nothing sets me on fire about the pack. Sure, more furniture control, but even if I build it isn't something that will captivate me for hours. I am also still not interested in the career (which looks well crafted, but too troublesome for my personal taste). There is no new world for me to justify a purchase with, either.

The star of the show was the free update content for me, which I am loving already. That means my favorite part of DHD is the decor likes and dislikes, which are functionally fairly useless without the career. I understand maybe supporting the game because of the free updates, but I have been supporting it this far. I have no obligation either way.

Who knows? Maybe a building whim will strike me. I'll also probably talk it over with my other Sims friend and see if she is getting it. Sharing builds will be pretty annoying if she has a BB pack I don't.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I don't care that much for the gameplay but I want stoves to slot into counters, sectional sofa and the dresser options. I will either wait for a sale or bundle it with the upcoming EP if it is interesting enough (please let it include werewolves or fairies)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Darn straight I am. I am dying to get this into my game! I was excited about likes/dislikes but I never anticipated 20 slots! 😱 The Career looks super fun, and that furniture/decor, I could gush for days about it.

This lol.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I'm sure I'll get it at some point, not sure when though. I'm not that excited about it really though it has some nice items. It's now my second game pack on my list of packs to add to a bundle when I want to buy an expansion and there is no sale on.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes. On release.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but all my hotty male sims are going to be rocking out that utilikilt. Meow! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Still not sure.
    I think I will yes but I may hold off until I see Kayla do something with it.
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes. On sale.
    I will definitely buy the pack, but i'm waiting for the sale to save some money
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    No
    For me it is an super SP not an full GP that is full of Stuff and fluff and still no worthwhile features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    No
    Well the only thing I found interesting was the kilt
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Peral wrote: »
    Well the only thing I found interesting was the kilt

Dare I ask why? :D
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes. On sale.
    I always get packs on sale as I have enough going on in my game to stand the wait. Plus I like to identify potential bugs before adding a pack to my game, a point which I became thankful for after the messy release of EL and those NAPs.

I'm not much of a builder either, though I do love to decorate now and again. Still, this is not a must have GP which only adds to my desire to get the pack on sale.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    Nope.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I only like the BB, CAS und Gameplay is too less for the full price.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,448 Member
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I'll get it at some point, but probably not right away. The modular furniture is great and for me the main reason to get it, but ever since they broke stairs, I haven't felt much like building. I know I won't play the career more than once, if at all, so that part of the pack will be useless to me.
    And in general I'm not particularly happy about the state of the game (too many major and minor bugs), so I"m less inclined to buy things at release.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Yes, of course.... I like the likes and dislikes coming with his pack.. the new buy mode things, new game play, new clothing..
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    Yes. On release.
    There was a career in Sims3 that appears to be the inspiration for this GP. It was fun then, I'm hoping it will be even more fun, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 373 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I'm planning to get it on sale, but we'll see if I can hold out.

First I need to take the game offline before the patch drops so I can keep playing while all of the mods I use get updated for the new patch and pack.

Then I just need to exercise some willpower to wait for the pack to hit half price since I mostly just want it as a stuff pack.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top