Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which World?

Which world is the best for family play and do any of the worlds come with bars or cafes that aren't rabbit holes? I started out in Sunset Valley but I'm not sure about it. I can't build and I would love to have at least a bar that my sims can visit.

Ty for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2020
    Are you against downloading userbuilt worlds? I only play Custom worlds for that very reason.
    I don't know of any EA world that has them all.Except for Bridgeport(Late Night) But that world tends to be laggy.
    And its not a family type of world.You could always place the lots though in Sunset Valley, bars that came with late night should be in the
    community lots bin.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Are you against downloading userbuilt worlds? I only play Custom worlds for that very reason.
    I don't know of any EA world that has them all.Except for Bridgeport(Late Night) But that world tends to be laggy.
    And its not a family type of world.You could always place the lots though in Sunset Valley, bars that came with late night should be in the
    community lots bin.

I tried placing a bar in Sunset Valley from Late Night but I couldn't find an empty lot the right size. I'm really not very good at this kinda of thing. :D
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    community lots bin.

I tried placing a bar in Sunset Valley from Late Night but I couldn't find an empty lot the right size. I'm really not very good at this kinda of thing. :D

Next to the bulldozer button in edit town mode is a button, click it and it lets you place different lot sizes.I only play user made worlds, so I'm not sure if the game automatically places the bars in other towns, I don't think it does, and I don't recall any world except for bridgeport coming with preplaced bars, except maybe Starlight Shores(showtime venues)
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    If you have Showtime, then @GraceyManor manor is right, there are some venues which have a bar.

If you don´t mind downloading Custom Worlds, I would highly recommend worlds made by Rflong, they have some bars.

I can also recommend Great Bear or Cape Garner Islands by Johnnywr, this worlds have a lot of venues with bars and dance clubs.
    But: there can be missing some (many) buildings and decorations if you don´t have all EPs.

So it would be good if you could tell us which Expension Packs you own.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    community lots bin.

Next to the bulldozer button in edit town mode is a button, click it and it lets you place different lot sizes.I only play user made worlds, so I'm not sure if the game automatically places the bars in other towns, I don't think it does, and I don't recall any world except for bridgeport coming with preplaced bars, except maybe Starlight Shores(showtime venues)

Oh thank you so much. I will check that out. I've come from playing the Sims 4 and I always loved taking my sims to bars.
  • Options
    @Sharonia
    I do as well.=) I love lots and worlds that provide extra activities for my sims.
    Welcome to the sims 3 community then =) You'll love the game!
  • Options
    One more idea: you can go to the Sims 3 store, to the exchange. There you search for community lots, use the advanced search function and search for bars in the lot size you would like to have. Download it and then place it in your game.
  • Options
    I don't like to randomly download from the exchange as CC can get attached to it.But you could search through DNA's blog
    http://dnarequestteam.blogspot.com/search/label/Bar
    They are a build team and have excellent reputation.The exchange if you just go downloading willy nilly has a reputation
    of having CC attached.
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @GraceyManor : much better recommendation according to downloading from the exchange!

Oh, I'm not saying not to...Just to be cautious.If I download from someone I'm not sure about, I use custard to make sure there's nothing
    sneaky on it.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-delphys-custard.html
    I had a pair of boots download once with a sim and I had the most difficult time uninstalling it.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor : :D I was followed by this awful shirt and the sideboard in my early days downloaded at TSR, so it´s good that you pointed that out!
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    If you have Showtime, then @GraceyManor manor is right, there are some venues which have a bar.

If you don´t mind downloading Custom Worlds, I would highly recommend worlds made by Rflong, they have some bars.

I can also recommend Great Bear or Cape Garner Islands by Johnnywr, this worlds have a lot of venues with bars and dance clubs.
    But: there can be missing some (many) buildings and decorations if you don´t have all EPs.

So it would be good if you could tell us which Expension Packs you own.

Thank you so much. I only have Seasons, Late Night and Ambitions currently. I can get Showtime though if needed, I am enjoying this game a lot. :D

Are the custom worlds difficult to install or is it pretty much like installing mods? I just want a nice world with some fun venues for my legacy family to settle in.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Sharonia : It´s not difficult to install a custom world. Nearly all of them are installed via the Launcher (there is a small % of worlds which don´t come as Sims 3 packs, they are world files, these are installed differently, but I would concentrate on the other 99% of worlds)

If you download a world which you like, you just need to double click on the world data
    (the file looks like the ones in the picture, the ones with the green plumbob in front of them)
    aupRAik.jpg
    and the Launcher opens itself and installs the world. That´s all you have to do if you like to install a world. (sorry for the German, but I hope it helps :) )

But: you don´t have so many EPs, so you have to be careful, which world you would like to install, you have to read which EPs you have to own to be able to play the world. Sometimes you´ll just miss some deco objects, but if a creator uses a bridge from an EP you don´t have, you can´t access all parts of the world and the Sims will get stuck. Then the world will be unplayable.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    From memory, several of the EA worlds have "bars" but, unlike Late Night bars, non-professional juice bars are used. If you are wanting the full bar experience with a mixologist on duty, you could either switch the juice bar with one of the professional bars that comes with Late Night or use this mod.
  • Options
    @Sharonia
    They're quite easy to install.
    @AlexaKry Has posted a great tutorial above.I will look throw my installed worlds and see if I can find any that might be of interest.
  • Options
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7236241
    Everything Island might be good for you.It has all jobs and venues up to University, but I have played this before
    and don't think Univeristy is vital to enjoy it.
    You can tell any story you want in this medium sized, versatile world that has everything...all jobs and venues up to Uni. Neighborhoods include a seedy slum, coastal cottages, rolling farmland, lakeside suburbans, stately victorians, and moderns...just to name a few! Plenty of starters and empty lots, too. No CC, no stuff packs, no store stuff. All lots made by ruthless_kk ( or EA)
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2020
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Anything by Rflong http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com

Anything by simrealty http://mysimrealty.com
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    You got a lot of good suggestions here, and I may just add a few thoughts about Sunset Valley, if you want to place a few venues there. Finding worlds that don't need Showtime or some of the other expansions can get a bit tricky nowadays.

The easiest way in SV would be to use one of the empty 30x40 lots and place "The Grind" from the library, a dance club you got with Late Night. It has a professional bar inside, which means it will spawn a mixologist. Here it is right next to the Crumplebottom house:
    bKEUuhR.jpg
    You'd probably at least use some terrain paint or floor tiles to alter the front yard, but other than that, you're set. And, maybe, you'll get the hang of changing up a venue after a while. The Grind is great for remodeling.

Here is another suggestion with using the the 20x30 spot that Ambitions uses for the junkyard for a dance club:
    tFuJH8s.jpg
    You will probably need Master Controller to remove the junkyard spawners there though.

Placing additional lots in town is a bit tricky. Other than far away from roads, there are only very few spots where new lots don't mess with routing. Here is a Local Watering Hole on a new 25x25 lot on the small road to the criminal building.
    l4meGgy.jpg
    And here you can fit a 20x30 and a 15x15 lot on opposite sides of the road:
    k8VWkIU.jpg
    I moved the consignment store there to free up the lot it blocks. Of course, if you are not beyond moving a few buildings to other spots, you get a few nice lots closer to the town center for some bars.

Have fun with the game!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Java huts came with university and they function the same as cafes, there will be a barista working there, but here is a somewhat of an alternative if you dont have uni. Place a coffee machine in any venue you would like. This mod called "have coffee with me" makes you able to direct sims to have coffee together after you prepare a coffee tray. It is nice to use this interaction even in your sims household.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Have-Coffee-With-Me
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions. This has been most helpful. I will definitely be looking into some of these custom worlds and also maybe attempting to fix Sunset Valley more to my liking.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    You will probably need Master Controller to remove the junkyard spawners there though.

It's possible to remove them without mods. After you bulldoze the lot, select the empty lot to edit, then run the hammer tool over the entire lot. You'll definitely know when you're removed spawners, even though you can't see them. But if you turn on buy debug, they'll become visible.

• Options
    giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    I like to play in Roaring Heights, there’s a few nice cafés and bars there. Unfortunately, I still have to add some Bridgeport buildings to increase the quality of the gameplay.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024