Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Guys it's not confirmed! Stop saying it's confirmed!

a) It’s in the speculation area
    b) The Xbox store, coming direct from Microsoft, is official confirmation.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Law! Yes! I've wanted the option to be a lawyer for so long. This year has given me literally everything I wanted in Sims 4: magic, university and a lawyer career. The engineering/arts/law slots in perfectly with my three mains too. Kinda wish there was philosophy too but oh well.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    This is so cool! I can't wait to see. I love that there will be two universities, a British-like town, and most of all: the option to study on OR off-campus. That's what I really hoped for.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2019
    i have faith the sims team has worked hard on this pack
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,359 Member
    edited October 2019
    Goodbye boarding school for teen ...

I need more infos but for now I'm enough enthusiast for instant buy
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2019

what's wrong with you?

===================================================================

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried
    y'all got bread?
  • Options

what's wrong with you?

===================================================================

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried

if theres not bunkbeds i will actually go crazy!
  • Options
    @adamzaid im hoping they're coming with the patch, same with them lounge chairs.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    @adamzaid im hoping they're coming with the patch, same with them lounge chairs.

that would be nice for people who dont want to get university but want bunkbeds
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    i don't care about the number of features I just hope that the content they will give are fully fleshed out. If the content they are going to give for example don't add that much of a challenge, say, failing a grade is as impossible as loising a Job in TS4 then I'm out.

We got a hell lot of features in Island Living. However they aren't fleshed out to begin with, and that is an Expansion Pack. Mermaids?Good, but still needs improvement. Culture? Jungle Adventure felt to have a richer Selvadorada culture with actual new activity to do rather than reused dancing and get together animations. Conservationist? Only affects one Island and not the whole town. Sims finally able to swim in the ocean? Locked up in one world. Island Spirits? They are Just Paid version of Jasmine Holiday rewards. Volcanic Eruptions? Just new way of collecting where instead of collections just spawns on lot now there are new spawning animation without really consequence.

I dont want to sound negative for those who are excited for the game. I am just saying this because I want the game to improve and I don't want to see what happened in IL to happen again.

On the more bright side I hope that this features actually had depth rather than number of CAS or B/B items.

Dorms? Hope they are not confined to one world.
    Study Session In the Library? Hope it would not just be a social event where the requirements are to "reed a book"
    School Organization? Hope it isn't just clubs system in new UI.

Anyway I am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    I would be excited for bikes but I feel 99% certain that activity will be for teens +. If they didn't make new locomotion animation cycles for mermaid children swimming, what are the chances they made them for children on bikes? And will bikes be limited to the new world, given it mentions bicycling around Britechester?

I also worry about how space/size if they're putting two different universities in one world. Remains to be seen, I guess.
  • Options
    Sounds okay.

But there doesn’t appear a lot of degrees? Studying villainy seems a bit childish.

If there is one thing that I enjoy from previous games are the Humor. However with TS4, I think its more of exaggeration than humor.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Sounds okay.

But there doesn’t appear a lot of degrees? Studying villainy seems a bit childish.

If there is one thing that I enjoy from previous games are the Humor. However with TS4, I think its more of exaggeration than humor.

Yes I like the previous games humour, sims 4 is definitely more erring on the side of toilet and child like humour which I find less amusing.

But I really hope EA don’t mess this expansion pack up and give it the love it deserves.
  • Options
    i hope we get a trailer soon im really curious how the unis will look like
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @TS1299 island living has only added width but no depth so hopefully discover university would be cool and everything
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    Imagine if this is all a big distraction from another big pack they're making, and they're not even making university. Like its just a smoke screen for something else...? We've been getting all this information and none of it is official from EA
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i hope we get a trailer soon im really curious how the unis will look like

Judging the way they announce packs it is definitely going to be on Tuesday with Monday having a teaser Trailer.
  • Options
    @TS1299 island living has only added width but no depth so hopefully discover university would be cool and everything

Hopefully. So far all "Living" packs has the problem. Hope Island Living is the last of them
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully. So far all "Living" packs has the problem. Hope Island Living is the last of them

still waiting for countryside living tho, i like horses. sksksksksk and i oop

y'all got bread?
  • Options

still waiting for countryside living tho, i like horses. sksksksksk and i oop

we want the "yeehaw" game pack
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Looking back at the features list, and thinking about how things have worked in previous packs, these are my expectations:

- Four neighborhoods. 1 hood for the historic university, with 4 lots (classroom building, common area venue, library, dorm building). 1 hood for the modern university, with the same 4 lots. 1 hood with 3 - 5 lots for off-campus living. 1 hood for a park.
    - Classroom buildings are locked to Build/Buy, like tombs in JA. They may be unlocked through the cheat, but if so, special NPC sims like lecturers will no longer visit the building, like sages in RoM.
    - Your sim is locked to the university world. Off-campus living is restricted to the neighborhoods of Britechester that don't contain school buildings (and are technically not part of campus).
    - Bikes available for young adults + in Britechester only.
    - School organizations like art, debate, secret society will all be rabbitholes.
    - School spirit event sounds like a big pep rally, but will actually be a new party type that occurs at the common area venue. Click on your sim to choose "Wear school colors", which automatically puts on a new facepaint and a preset outfit. Your sim gets a School Pride buff.
    - Dorms will function like apartments but are locked to Britechester.
    - Explicitly mentioned interactions, like juice pong/high five/juggle a soccer ball, will be the only new major interactions.

I would be happy to be wrong about any of these.

many of these makes sense but something tells me lectures will work diffrently this time
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok hold my tea..

I was not expecting this leak. It was a fun read, but i do have some concerns while reading this

* Why does it seem like studying only gives purpose to the new 3 jobs and not all the careers? It has been mentioned this way 2 times in the description
    * I sure hope there are online classes and simple courses for every sim to up their skill level.
    * How is a new world confirmed? It could still be a university lot, campus lot etc. I will stay a little skeptical about this..

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    many of these makes sense but something tells me lectures will work diffrently this time

I really want them to set it up like a venue with requirements to work properly: 1 lectern, 1 whiteboard, 4 seats. And the lectern attracts an NPC teacher just the same way a bar attracts an NPC bartender. But we'll see...