Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like more Teen content ?

Comments

• Options
    psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    No, I'm fine with what we have.
    I would like teens to not look like skinny adults.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    psychotica wrote: »

You want them to look like fat adults?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Lol no I want them to look different from adults. You see them walking around town and you can't tell if they are an adult or a teen unless you mouse over them.
  • Options

Lol no I want them to look different from adults. You see them walking around town and you can't tell if they are an adult or a teen unless you mouse over them.

That sounds a lot like the real world.
    You can rarely tell the difference between teens and young adults around my part of the world, unless the teens are wearing a school uniform. :/
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes please, teens need more stuff!
    One of my biggest disappointments with this game is that "Parenthood" is that they failed to add much to teens. I mean, the parenting systems and new interactions are nice and all, but I would have liked to see more potential for wild teen parties like you see in the movies (I never went to wild parties myself as a teenager because I was home schooled [with a limited social life thanks to my mom not joining one of those support groups and us not going to church because my mom hated how most churches in our area had congregations more concerned with idle gossip and socialization than The Word...yeah, my mom is actually too religious for church...my family is weird...], socially awkward [because Asperger's], and more into anime, gaming, art, and sci-fi and fantasy novels than trying to drink underage or "messing around"). Also, maybe a D&D-type tabletop game for Teens to play together. (What? I have no one to play D&D with in real life and I've wanted to play since I was, like, 15...Yeah, my life is and always has been pathetic...)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'd like teen aspirations and more after school activities. I don't like them just being exactly like young adults except they go to school and can't woohoo. The scouts and the parenthood character values have helped give them goals that are different, but I'd like more.

Teen aspirations could focus on social lives (parties, dates, clubs), social media, altruism, sports/fitness, outdoorsy, studious/intellectual types, interest in the supernatural, creativity, etc.

After school activities could include sports; if they're going to continue to not animate them we could at least get rabbit holes with fitness goals for promotion requirements.

Also I'd like more part time jobs that it's possible to reach the top of within the normal lifespan, as opposed to the ones that only have hours on weekends when the teen life stage is just under two weeks long.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

You can rarely tell the difference between teens and young adults around my part of the world, unless the teens are wearing a school uniform. :/
    Around my part of the world I can easily tell teens from young adults a 16 year old looks much different from someone who is 21. I'm actually surprised you have such a time noticing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Around my part of the world I can easily tell teens from young adults a 16 year old looks much different from someone who is 21. I'm actually surprised you have such a time noticing.

idk i feel like some people may look older or younger than their age
    and act more or less immature which makes it more confusing trying to guess ages

people constantly think i am my sisters big sister when in fact there is difference of 7 years and she is the big sister
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Teens feel like simply an extension of the child stage at the moment.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Something needs to be done to differentiate between the Teen and Young Adult phase, like maybe teen-only clothing options, maybe a return of the pranks from TS3? Maybe even some teen-oriented aspirations E.G getting an A in school or First Love etc, as for activities, maybe a school dance?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

Because young people here often look pretty mature from an early age, and well, we've got teens who look like this:
    0426c114bce367fdee956cb484c35b6c.gif

Perhaps the problem is that everyone looks immature where you live?
    Here, a 15 year old can usually pass for a 19 year old, while a 30 year old can pass for 18.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Right now, it's the most boring life stage. After one week, they've got an A in school and have maxed out manners, responsibility and empathy. I often age them up at that point, because there's nothing else to do with them. I wish they could do baby-sitting gigs to learn parenting skills. I'd like to see crushes as a random possibility, and maybe some new interactivities with social media for teens only. And maybe some hobbies, like the scientist table for kids, or scrapbooking.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Exactly, I feel some aspirations don't really suit teens, like "super parent"; "successful lineage"; Master mixologist"; "public enemy". Maybe University will add a studies related aspiration ?

Something needs to be done to differentiate between the Teen and Young Adult phase, like maybe teen-only clothing options, maybe a return of the pranks from TS3? Maybe even some teen-oriented aspirations E.G getting an A in school or First Love etc, as for activities, maybe a school dance?
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, I would. I'm currently playing a teen who lives on her own and I've turned off aging so I can prepare her for University's release (I'm hoping to send her and Luna Villareal together). I'm bored now though because it feels like there isn't a lot to do with her beyond maxing her last two character values, continuing to date her boyfriend and hanging out with her friends.

@Daephene and @SimsLovinLycan hit the nail on the head with their posts.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm actually glad teens don't have their own aspirations. If they did, they would probably only have 4 to 6. Children only have four. Right now there are 22 that can be completed as a teen (if I counted correctly). I do try and be careful not to give them aspirations that require growing up.

I didn't vote because I am undecided. I do wish teens were shorter than adults. While they are neglected in the sense that there isn't much created exclusively for them, they are able to wear all the clothing for older ages, are able to do most animations and activities that adults do (outside of woohoo), plus they can participate in school, scouts, etc. like children.

I wish they could look more distinctive, but not if it would mean they lose clothing choice and animations. I hate that ROM excluded children from spellcasting. If teens looked different (shorter) would they have been excluded too?

Having said that, prom night or school dance would be a good social event for teens.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I feel like my teens have plenty of options. It's my children who seem neglected. They all seem to have flat faces, and the personality options get boring pretty quickly.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The only thing I really want for them is more clothing.. and I think we get that as time goes on.
    Although I am hoping if we get a Generations kind of pack they will have something more specific to them like Prom/dances or a private school option (I'd really love a mini challenge like in Sims 2 for that).
    So I voted no, but I'd be glad to get certain things. I don't want shorter teens or some major revamp though. I like the aspiration system as is and it would take an overhaul to change it .. and would mess up many saves.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Absolutely! Babies, toddlers, teens and elders need some more stuff!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't really need more teen "stuff" as much as I would like more teen stuff to do. I actually like how adult like they're treated in TS4, because I like that they're not taken away if a parent dies and can even support a household and care for their younger siblings in the event they become orphans. That being said, I would like to see more mischief opportunities like egging a house or thievery complete with the possibility of being brought home by the cops or even rabbit hole jail time lol.

The ability for my teens to have a garage band and perform at venues, would also be awesome!

I kind of wish there was a savant option that allowed them to test out of high school, too so they didn't have to bother with that anymore. I also wish there was an online homeschool feature, or that private schools were a thing and I could ship my teen off to them and check from a list of things I want them to learn when they return ready to age into a young adult. LOL

On the other side of the spectrum, I also wish there was an alternative school that was interactive. Where teens with bad grades who disobeyed the Parenthood curfew (if you choose to set one), are sent after too many brushes with the law. Sort of like the interactive careers, you go there with your teen and are stuck doing menial labor, group chats to build self esteem, and other irritating tasks that help level up your sim's emotional control, responsibility, etc, so that you have the option to emerge as a reformed sim after a week of sim time incarceration with a specialty trait that will either help you in the career realm or maybe simply reduces how quickly your fun needs diminish (since you're a pro now at exercising self control). I'd like there to be an option to buck this reform system, too, and those sims would also emerge with a specialty trait, but one that allows them access to an underbelly criminal syndicate full of evil llamas. These shady characters will send you out on criminal missions to melt people's freezer bunny popsicles and other such mischievous behavior that is still light hearted enough for the teen rating, but gives the simmer that sense of mischief and mayhem, still.

This is really the only kind of teen content I'm looking for. I know it's a lot different than most other simmer's dreams of proms and what not, and I wouldn't necessarily mind those sorts of activities either... but I really want that criminal syndicate full of evil llamas. >.< lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Well I don't know. They have video games, movies, and parties if you do the club system. They camp, talk to friends, hang out on the computer. Scouts and drama club.

To be a little shorter as others mentioned, and maybe a prom we can follow them to would be nice.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

idk i feel like some people may look older or younger than their age
    and act more or less immature which makes it more confusing trying to guess ages

people constantly think i am my sisters big sister when in fact there is difference of 7 years and she is the big sister

I totally agree with you! My daughter is a tween, and people are constantly mistaking her age. More often than not, they think she is 15. I'm dreading the day she's actually a teenager, because I'm sure people will think she's 18 or 19 then. She looks significantly older than she is. Some people look older than they are, some people look younger, and then there is that nice happy medium that looks the age they actually are.

In photos, my own family often mistakes her for me, which I honestly find ridiculous, because I was in my late 20's when I began my motherhood journey, and they just need to get their dang eyes checked at this point. I'm sure part of it is because we are the same size and body build, we can share clothes, but she has not officially entered her teen years yet, and people are already mistaking her for me.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    Teens really do need updating
  • Options
    CharBlossomCharBlossom Posts: 5 New Member
    I don’t like playing teens as they are right now because they just feel like adults who are thinner and have to go to school.
  • Options
    Kevin_McBrosnanKevin_McBrosnan Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes, yes, yes and again yes, i feel being teen in sim is just, be teen got to highschool come home then just empty things make friends and sleepr, repeat. we need more content on teens indeed.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Some things gameplay wise definitely that's exclusive to them. Think the clothing we get in packs have been very good in creating a certain look for teens. Same with hairstyles. So dont think they need a pack related to it as it's probably revolve more around being build and buy related.
    5vJrxmT.png