Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like more Teen content ?

13...Next

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes please, teens need more stuff!
    The teen age was the best age for me in sims 3 as I loved the rebellion and different gameplay to them. With sims 4 they have little purpose and really need to be expanded upon gameplay wise and they need their own stuff pack. Although I don’t play elders much they also need more gameplay too.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Every age group needs more stuff!
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Why not, I always want more content :)
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Something needs to be done to differentiate between the Teen and Young Adult phase, like maybe teen-only clothing options, maybe a return of the pranks from TS3? Maybe even some teen-oriented aspirations E.G getting an A in school or First Love etc, as for activities, maybe a school dance?

Pranks - yes!! I really miss them in S4. I'm fine without the different clothing options, but it would be nice to have more teen related clothing (and elder related clothing as well).

I also want more teen punishments and responsibilities, such as grounding, banning computer time, and forcing to do housework. Teens also need some activities, both normal (eg. formal/us prom, band practice and sleepover parties), 'hormonal' (eg. angsty serenade on guitar, scratching rude/love messages on surfaces, talking back to parents and teen teasing), and quirky (eg. care-for-cowplant project, dares).
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Teens need clothes made just for them - that their mom and grandmom cannot wear.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I really want a teen garage band. So...teens and drums! (Or any kind of percussion, really. Just something to bang on.)

I love the older teens a lot. They feel more accurate to my own experiences. But I'd like to see more rebellion and sneaking out like in Sims 2 because they do deserve some more base game exclusive interactions and behaviors as well.
    #Team Occult
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Absolutely! Anything to make teens stand out as a different life stage. They're really just young adults right now so I don't usually see the point in playing them when I could just play YA.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I mainly play teens so this would be awesome! And the age vs look this is very subjective and depends on the individual. Some people look young for their age some look older some look neutral. It is what it is.
    But yea wild parties, skateboarding, bike riding pretty much everything everyone mentioned would be awesome. I want a roller skating overhaul. They can only roller skate in the rink and when they do they just separately circle around. No togetherness or variety but I guess that's a whole nother subject lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    We already have 'late teen' as that is what the current teen sims come across as, 17-19 - just at the turn to YA. Still, they need more that is related to them, particularly behaviors and game play. What is lacking is early teen (rather how TS2 does it - smaller, different voices, unique behaviors, attitudes & events) that is a unique life stage, no longer a child but by no means YA.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Anything teens get for build/buy or CAS will be useable for other ages, but they could definitely use some more unique gameplay. I don't own the Parenthood pack, and I understand the character values thing adds some interest, but there's really not much that makes them unique.

Of course, uniqueness between Sims has been an ongoing complaint in Sims 4, that regardless of traits they tend to act the same, that teens are almost indistinguishable from young adults except that they go to school instead of work. I'd love anything that added some quirkiness, that required your Sims to have different ages and traits to really find things in the game.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'd like "mean streak" to be gone for good. I mean seriously, who does this unless they're complete psychos? When my teen sims are mean to someone for no reason whatsoever I run them into the dirt, starve them while they are filthy dirty, then make them stay awake and run them some more LOL. Oh, yeah, they're getting the full bootcamp+++ treatment. :D
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    As long as it's game-play content and not just clothing and hairstyles.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    I was a fan of university in TS2 and would love to see more options for teens - even late teen entering collage - maybe even a live at home and go to class option for some just like high school. I thought the chance to make all of those random life-long friends in school helping the careers was pretty true to life. I hope we get a Sims 4 University.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No, I'm fine with what we have.
    No teens, no kids, no toddler stuff please.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still say we need a height sliding for teens so the teen can be shorter. Also, brands like Ardenes & Hot Topics. My daughter has always liked the brands of the clothes & stuff since she was a teenager.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    teens are just to similiar to young adults ITS SAD i would love a game pack that just focuses on teens that would be awsome
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't play teens I just let them grow up.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    we need more
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I'd love a teen pack where we have prom, afterschool activities and also be able to send teens and kids off to boarding schools. Teens are just treated the same as adults. Apart from mood swings if you have parenthood.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The trouble with that is everyone teen through elder wears the same things and I really hate seeing elders and even adults running around in teen looking clothes. Too bad they all wear the same size.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Tell me about it !!

HjGt7iA.png
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The trouble with that is everyone teen through elder wears the same things and I really hate seeing elders and even adults running around in teen looking clothes. Too bad they all wear the same size.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I would like more activities for teens - sports (possibily even divvied up by season), school dances... even as rabbit holes would be fine with me. And the ability to throw parties with the parents out of the house... somehow.

I'm less sold on teen only clothes (rather have more adult/elder clothing.) and teens being short or otherwise having to look different from Young Adults. Being short myself, and carded until I was in my 30's, while also having seen kids 16-18 who could pass for someone in said 30's, I really don't want to perpetuate the "teens are short" trope (because they're not necessarily short, especially 16+) A height slider that worked across all the Teen-Elder ages would be cool, but it might play havoc with animations. - I'm pretty sure it would play havoc with the animations, because they'd have to be fine tuned for each height.